Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,108 members, 7,867,195 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:06 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (155) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (564413 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (240) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 24, 2016
JackBizzle:

I await Reyginus's dull reply to this.
I didn't disappoint.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 24, 2016
JackBizzle:
Reyginus's foolish beliefs

1) There are no intelligent atheists

2) He (Reyginus) is a humanist but not a secular humanist.

I would like to know what kind of humanist Reyginus is. The type that does not support gay rights? lmao. grin grin
What is gay rights? Simply the right to suicide. The right to smoke your lungs out. The right to destroy yourself with alcohol. And what's humanism doing encouraging gay rights?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 9:55am On Jun 24, 2016
Reyginus:
Literature in English. Metaphors. Something cannot be literally unknown. Once it is 'some thing' it is known in the minutest detail.
It's funny you said metaphor yet you're alluding something and unknown as a thing that is not known. I fully grasp what you meant but that isn't what we're talking about.
Maybe I digressed so much but am sure I used brackets to convey my meaning...so I re-phrase:

We have established that it is not possible to know something that cannot be known. Now how do we know that it's not possible to know something that can't be known. That is, how did we arrive at the fact (conclusion) that we cannot have knowledge (know) of the unknowable (something that cannot be known).
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 10:01am On Jun 24, 2016
Reyginus:
What is gay rights? Simply [s] the right to suicide. The right to smoke your lungs out. The right to destroy yourself with alcohol. [/s] And what's humanism doing encouraging gay rights?

grin Rey who told you that^!!? angry
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 3:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
dblackninja:

I said it....Reyginus is a dummy
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 5:22pm On Jun 24, 2016
Reyginus:
You are still missing the point. What exactly does it depend on? I'm asking you simple yes or no questions and you are flogging yourself this hard.

asonoflucifer has once mentioned that chickens are a type of fruit
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2016
dblackninja:

It's funny you said metaphor yet you're alluding something and unknown as a thing that is not known. I fully grasp what you meant but that isn't what we're talking about.
Maybe I digressed so much but am sure I used brackets to convey my meaning...so I re-phrase:

We have established that it is not possible to know something that cannot be known. Now how do we know that it's not possible to know something that can't be known. That is, how did we arrive at the fact (conclusion) that we cannot have knowledge (know) of the unknowable (something that cannot be known).
Logic. Aristotle's Rationalism. You cannot have knowledge of a thing and say it's unknowable. Not because it's Aristotle's but because it's a valid statement.

How can I say that it's not possible to know that schools are centres of illiteracy and still claim I don't know something about schools?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jun 24, 2016
dblackninja:

Symbolism, bro. What else can it be?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
JackBizzle:

I said it....Reyginus is a dummy
Can you proof that?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2016
wiegraf:

asonoflucifer has once mentioned that chickens are a type of fruit
In this case I agree with him.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 5:58am On Jun 25, 2016
Reyginus:
Can you proof that?

A humanist that hates gay rights and atheists?

Go and sleep.

And as for you and dblackninja's argument on the unknowable, it is easy to understand.

No one truly knows the origins of the universe. It is unknowable unless we have a time machine to go back and see it. At best, we can only speculate.

Your mind is also unknowable to me. I can't read it.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:29am On Jun 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

Go and sleep.

And as for you and dblackninja's argument on the unknowable, it is easy to understand.

No one truly knows the origins of the universe. It is unknowable unless we have a time machine to go back and see it. At best, we can only speculate.

Why should I love gay rights when the rights abominate humanism and humanity? Think bro. You atheists, in the mission to clean the faeces in Theism, often exchange your Grey Matter with Cotton Wool.

But that's as far as it can get for my disdain for homosexual behaviour. I don't hate gays. I see them in the same light I see people who have destroyed their lives with Alcohol and Smoking. I pity them.

Stop confusing yourself. There's a difference between Unknowable and Ignorance. We may not know the origin of the Universe but once we say it is Unknowable it implies we can't know it. They are different.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 10:43am On Jun 25, 2016
Reyginus:
Logic. [s] Aristotle's Rationalism. You cannot have knowledge of a thing and say it's unknowable. Not because it's Aristotle's but because it's a valid statement.

How can I say that it's not possible to know that schools are centres of illiteracy and still claim I don't know something about schools? [/s]

You just went op with this but am able to pick out logic as your answer.

Okay if logic enables us to arrive at that simple fact that "We cannot have knowledge of the unknowable" then an agnostic atheist can therefore conclude that we cannot have knowledge of God's existence or it's nature [if it exists] because there's no feasible proof whatsoever for that concept.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 10:48am On Jun 25, 2016
Reyginus:
Symbolism, bro. What else can it be?
What sort of symbolism is that That's the worst I've heard. You're equating gay rights to right of suicide and destroying oneself with alcohol.. Please educate me on the symbolism you meant Rey undecided
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 10:54am On Jun 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

Go and sleep.

Yeah. Rey doesn't understand. Am just trying to make it clearer by enabling him provide most of the answers to see if we can actually get to a point.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:54am On Jun 25, 2016
dblackninja:

You just went op with this but am able to pick out logic as your answer.

Okay if logic enables us to arrive at that simple fact that "We cannot have knowledge of the unknowable" then an agnostic atheist can therefore conclude that we cannot have knowledge of God's existence or it's nature [if it exists] because there's no feasible proof whatsoever for that concept.
Has it come to cancelling out? Okay. But you still missed the rhetoric. Your agnostic atheist doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. I'm simply asking you to look at the contradictions you created.

You can show otherwise though. That's why you have to understand the rhetoric. Maybe you'd be good if I make it a question. Can I say there's no illiteracy in Schools but still say I can't know something schools?

Can dblackninja say he knows Reyginus a Mugu but still say He doesn't know anything about Reyginus? Can JackBizzle say he knows that he cannot find intelligence in Reyginus and still claim one cannot know something about Reyginus?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:58am On Jun 25, 2016
dblackninja:

What sort of symbolism is that That's the worst I've heard. You're equating gay rights to right of suicide and destroying oneself with alcohol.. Please educate me on the symbolism you meant Rey undecided
Rotten Eggs. Fat Pig. Both can serve as Symbols for dirtiness in a human being.

Alcoholism. Suicide. Gay rights. All are developments that tarnish the biological and moral integrity of humans.

Show me how this is wrong.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 10:59am On Jun 25, 2016
Reyginus:
[s]Why should I love gay rights when the rights abominate humanism and humanity? Think bro. You atheists, in the mission to clean the faeces in Theism, often exchange your Grey Matter with Cotton Wool.

But that's as far as it can get for my disdain for homosexual behaviour. I don't hate gays. I see them in the same light I see people who have destroyed their lives with Alcohol and Smoking. I pity them.[/s]

Stop confusing yourself. There's a difference between Unknowable and Ignorance. We may not know the origin of the Universe but once we say it is Unknowable it implies we can't know it. They are different.

We can't know the origin of the universe. No records nothing. We dont even know how the dinosaurs truly went extinct.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 25, 2016
dblackninja:

Yeah. Rey doesn't understand. Am just trying to make it clearer by enabling him provide most of the answers to see if we can actually get to a point.
How you easily buy the invalid and illogical argument he presents us. Check my response to him.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 11:02am On Jun 25, 2016
Reyginus:
Has it come to cancelling out? Okay. But you still missed the rhetoric. Your agnostic atheist doesn't seem to know what he's talking about. I'm simply asking you to look at the contradictions you created.

You can show otherwise though. That's why you have to understand the rhetoric. Maybe you'd be good if I make it a question. Can I say there's no illiteracy in Schools but still say I can't know something schools?

Can dblackninja say he knows Reyginus a Mugu but still say He doesn't know anything about Reyginus? Can JackBizzle say he knows that he cannot find intelligence in Reyginus and still claim one cannot know something about Reyginus?

But we know nothing about God.

Where does he or she come from?
How old is he?
What are his full powers?
How does he think?
Where does he live?

Nothing nothing nothing. We are like ants in a hole in Brazil trying to think about humans in Nigeria. We would not be able to prove it exists even if it did. Unknowable.

But then, you can choose fairytales and delusions....like you always do.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 11:04am On Jun 25, 2016
dblackninja:

I did say that Rey is a dumbo
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:05am On Jun 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

We can't know the origin of the universe. No records nothing. We dont even know how the dinosaurs truly went extinct.

Is Knowledge that the Origin of the Universe is Unknowable not Knowledge of the Origin of the Universe? Let me rephrase. Is Knowledge that I can't know JackBizzle not also Knowledge that I know JackBizzle?

By the way, what happened to your Big Bang Theory.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:07am On Jun 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

But we know nothing about God.

Where does he or she come from?
How old is he?
What are his full powers?
How does he think?
Where does he live?

Nothing nothing nothing. We are like ants in a hole in Brazil trying to think about humans in Nigeria. We would not be able to prove it exists even if it did. Unknowable.

But then, you can choose fairytales and delusions....like you always do.

The fact that you know that you can't know something about God is knowledge that you know something about God. Isn't this so?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:08am On Jun 25, 2016
JackBizzle:

I did say that Rey is a dumbo
thank You, Knight.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 11:10am On Jun 25, 2016
Reyginus:

[s] Can dblackninja say he knows Reyginus a Mugu but still say He doesn't know anything about Reyginus? Can JackBizzle say he knows that he cannot find intelligence in Reyginus and still claim one cannot know something about Reyginus? [/s]

I know you will use that your school and illiteracy allegory as a valid point, that's why I cancelled it out earlier. It's doesn't by any means pertain to what we are discussing. All those are just op.
Seems you have forgotten the actual claim of the agnostic atheist undecided
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by dblackninja: 11:12am On Jun 25, 2016
Reyginus:
Rotten Eggs. Fat Pig. Both can serve as Symbols for dirtiness in a human being.

Alcoholism. Suicide. Gay rights. All are developments that tarnish the biological and moral integrity of humans.

Show me how this is wrong.
How does gay rights tarnish the biological and moral integrity of humans? undecided
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 25, 2016
dblackninja:

I know you will use that your school and illiteracy allegory as a valid point, that's why I cancelled it out earlier. It's doesn't by any means pertain to what we are discussing. All those are just op.
Seems you have forgotten the actual claim of the agnostic atheist undecided
Lol. How do you cancel these things. I'd like to learn it too. What exactly is wrong with my analogies?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 25, 2016
dblackninja:

How does gay rights tarnish the biological and moral integrity of humans? undecided
Gay rights are simply rights to gay behaviour which in turn destroys the anatomical, physiological and moral naturalism of human existence. The question should be, how does Homosexuality do this? Is this what you are interested in, gay advocate?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by JackBizzle: 11:19am On Jun 25, 2016
Reyginus:
Is Knowledge that the Origin of the Universe is Unknowable not Knowledge of the Origin of the Universe? Let me rephrase. Is Knowledge that I can't know JackBizzle not also Knowledge that I know JackBizzle?

By the way, what happened to your Big Bang Theory.

Knowing that something is unknowable is not a contradiction. It does not change the fact that the something is unknowable.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (152) (153) (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) ... (240) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.