Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,304 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:21 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (555330 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (239) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Briareos(m): 3:19am On Sep 18, 2013
I find the OP introductory post to be very condescending. But what is really making me scratch my beards is the topic.
Non-Christian Chatbox (Atheists, Buddhists and Voodooist). Like seriously?
The classification is biased, wrong and plainly annoying. The world is not divided along the line of Christians and Non Christians. A more informed classification would have been. Theist and Atheist.
Theist believes in the existence of a God, a deity, or a supernatural being. While Atheist on the other hand, does not believe in the existence of any such being.
Theist:
Christianity; God/Jesus
Islam; Allah/Mohammed (SAW)
Buddhist; Buddha
Voodooist; Voodoo

Atheist:
Not available.

1 Like

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by UyiIredia(m): 5:42am On Sep 18, 2013
They don't talk about deists here. But then, I'm the only active deist here. At least, atheists get a mention.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:28am On Sep 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia: They don't talk about deists here. But then, I'm the only active deist here. At least, atheists get a mention.

Vodooists get a mention instead. Smh

Sorry about that.

When I made the complaint that the op should be changed, none you douches were there to support.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by UyiIredia(m): 7:59am On Sep 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Vodooists get a mention instead. Smh

Sorry about that.

When I made the complaint that the op should be changed, none you douches were there to support.

I see. Frustrated soul. Or should I say brain ?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I see. Frustrated soul. Or should I say brain ?

Smh.........someone is telling you the facts and you are saying nonsense

Lol.......wat is it about the religion section that turns people into dishonest peeps?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by benodic: 1:47pm On Sep 18, 2013
for me i suggest Non-christian, Non-moslem chatbox.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 18, 2013
benodic:
for me i suggest Non-christian, Non-moslem chatbox.

Non-christian (Athests, Deists, Pagans)

Better title wink
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Tyche(m): 1:53pm On Sep 18, 2013
Yawns
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 2:03pm On Sep 18, 2013
Tyche: Yawns

*shoves slippers into Tyche's gaping mouth*
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 3:19pm On Sep 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

*shoves slippers into Tyche's gaping mouth*
Trying not to laugh...ahem
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by UyiIredia(m): 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2013
Logicboy03:

Non-christian (Athests, Deists, Pagans)

Better title wink

Umm, what about Buddhists and Hinduists. They are rare here but they do pop up. SimonAndal is a Buddhist and dattaswami, who hasn't shown up since, seems to be Hindu.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 9:05pm On Sep 18, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Umm, what about Buddhists and Hinduists. They are rare here but they do pop up. SimonAndal is a Buddhist and dattaswami, who hasn't shown up since, seems to be Hindu.

No problem.....add them too
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 10:34am On Sep 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

No problem.....add them too

OK LB am here now.. happy now?

and stop picking on me tongue
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:45am On Sep 19, 2013
ooman:

OK LB am here now.. happy now?

and stop picking on me tongue

Okay....dont you think we should have a well preapared atheists thread?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 10:48am On Sep 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

Okay....dont you think we should have a well preapared atheists thread?

you are the boss. your will is my command.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 19, 2013
ooman:

you are the boss. your will is my command.

I am not your boss oo....just an atheist like you.

Well, I want Obadiah777 to do either replace this chatbox with a better one or clean this up
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 11:01am On Sep 19, 2013
Logicboy03:

I am not your boss oo....just an atheist like you.

Well, I want Obadiah777 to do either replace this chatbox with a better one or clean this up

ok, so you've told him? and his reply?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 19, 2013
ooman:

ok, so you've told him? and his reply?

Support the movement pls https://www.nairaland.com/505782/questions-comments-complaints-talk-moderators/279#18222727
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ooman(m): 7:36pm On Sep 19, 2013
^^how do I do that?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
ooman: ^^how do I do that?

By commenting frequently on this thread;

https://www.nairaland.com/1445378/non-christian-chatbox-atheists-agnostics-deists
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 1:13am On Sep 20, 2013
musKeeto:

Check yaba left.. grin grin
sKeeter!
Your back!!!!
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by texanomaly(f): 1:15am On Sep 20, 2013
Duece...

I see you are causing trouble again.

Troublesome fellow. smh
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Hemical: 2:13am On Sep 20, 2013
QUESTION: Uyi, what advantage does deism have over atheism in the long run? You don't believe in the biblical account of creation (I guess), you don't believe in after-life (I think), you don't believe in the authenticity of the whole bible (I think), you really aren't a fan of religion. Is it just for the sake of having an opinion and a personal conviction? I don't think you speak to this deity. I don't think you claim any personal relationship. I don't think you believe in any deitical teleology(purpose for creation). Do you think you have any fundamental advantage over an atheist? Any deist can answer too.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 4:41am On Sep 20, 2013
Hemical: QUESTION: Uyi, what advantage does deism have over atheism in the long run? You don't believe in the biblical account of creation (I guess), you don't believe in after-life (I think), you don't believe in the authenticity of the whole bible (I think), you really aren't a fan of religion. Is it just for the sake of having an opinion and a personal conviction? I don't think you speak to this deity. I don't think you claim any personal relationship. I don't think you believe in any deitical teleology(purpose for creation). Do you think you have any fundamental advantage over an atheist? Any deist can answer too.

1.5 LIKES
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 5:34am On Sep 20, 2013
This is a chat thread. A random thread. Anything goes. Talk about whatever nonsense you want to, to chill or relax perhaps, agitate or whatever (like some of you seem to be doing). However, IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ANYTHING SERIOUS. You want to deal with serious topics? Open a thread about said serious topic.

And exactly what in the world is wrong with being a 'voodooist'? Unless they themselves are unhappy with the term, they happen to be people too. And quite a few people have no problem with it, it seems. They are not supposed to be welcome?? Atheists do not want to be associated with voodooists? We're somehow better than them or what?

If one were whining about the non-inclusive nature of the abrahamic chat threads, then came here to whine about the inclusion of other groups in this thread, then well.....
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 5:43am On Sep 20, 2013
wiegraf: This is a chat thread. A random thread. Anything goes. Talk about whatever nonsense you want to, to chill or relax perhaps, agitate or whatever (like some of you seem to be doing). However, IT IS NOT SUPPOSED TO BE ANYTHING SERIOUS. You want to deal with serious topics? Open a thread about said serious topic.

And exactly what in the world is wrong with being a 'voodooist'? Unless they themselves are unhappy with the term, they happen to be people too. And quite a few people have no problem with it, it seems. They are not supposed to be welcome?? Atheists do not want to be associated with voodooists? We're somehow better than them or what?

If one were whining about the non-inclusive nature of the abrahamic chat threads, then came here to whine about the inclusion of other groups in this thread, then well.....

Shut up.

The simple point is that there are no voodooists here. it would be like putting Jainism in the title.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 5:55am On Sep 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Shut up.

The simple point is that there are no voodooists here. it would be like putting Jainism in the title.

And what is wrong with putting janaism in there, oh great hypocrite? Are you saying there's no chance of one popping up? Are you saying there's never been a jain visiting this place, even if lurking, yes?

You do realize this thread wasn't created for just you, yes?

3 Likes

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:03am On Sep 20, 2013
wiegraf:

And what is wrong with putting janaism in there, oh great hypocrite?

There is limited space on the title bar. Wouldnt it make more sense to use thr space wisely and mention only the beliefs that are present on nl religion section?

#debunked
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:05am On Sep 20, 2013
wiegraf:

And what is wrong with putting janaism in there, oh great hypocrite? Are you saying there's no chance of one popping up? Are you saying there's never been a jain visiting this place, even if lurking, yes?

Jainism and the rest can be mentioned in the op if necessary
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 20, 2013
wiegraf:

You do realise that there are many non xtian religions or spirituality?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 6:18am On Sep 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

You do realise that there are many non xtian religions or spirituality?

Erm, you do realize that's my point, yes?
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by wiegraf: 6:19am On Sep 20, 2013
Logicboy03:

Jainism and the rest can be mentioned in the op if necessary

And you are the arbiter of 'necessary'?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (239) (Reply)

Members Of Church Of Satan Meets Here / Nigerian Church Praise & Worship Songs Here / Seeing Demons, Angels, Fallen Angels, Spirits.. - Hsp's

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.