Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,420,247 members, 5,427,946 topics. Date: Monday, 17 February 2020 at 06:15 PM

The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) - Religion (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) (371545 Views)

The Satanic Chatbox. Everybody Is Welcome / Christian's Chatbox Game/Party Night - May 4th@ 10pm Gmt -ALL CHRISTIANS INVITED / The Christian Chatbox ( sticky) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by lavylilly: 1:54pm On Jan 07
Yes na
Millenniallover:
Atheist are humans too... So some are good and some a bad
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LordReed(m): 10:31pm On Jan 07

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by zyzxx(m): 7:36am On Jan 09
LordReed:
Very interesting short story:

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html

Animated version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6fcK_fRYaI

I am so surprise this video agreed that there is God, despite all the rubbish inside
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LordReed(m): 7:46am On Jan 09
zyzxx:
I am so surprise this video agreed that there is God, despite all the rubbish inside

You miss the point of it.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by zyzxx(m): 8:13am On Jan 09
LordReed:

You miss the point of it.
the point of it is pointless, how will you make me believe I am the only one recarnated? And the purpose of all Is for me to be like God that u claimed it doesn't exist?

That meaningless
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LordReed(m): 8:31am On Jan 09
zyzxx:
the point of it is pointless, how will you make me believe I am the only one recarnated? And the purpose of all Is for me to be like God that u claimed it doesn't exist?

That meaningless

LoL! That was not the point. The point was to recognise that all humans are in the same situation as you so treat them well with compassion, empathy and love because at the end of the day we are all we have in this life.

It's easy to get bogged down with the stories of gods and afterlives which is one problem with religion. They can't see the forest for the trees. Religions allow people to forget the fact of our humanity for the fiction of imaginary groupings of us vs them. They let people focus on tales of gods and heavens to the detriment of acknowledging the humanity of every person that lives. Don't make that mistake with this tale.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by CAPSLOCKED: 11:14am On Jan 10
ogbuefi677
WHEN MUSLIMS DO IT IT'S STUPID, BUT WHEN CHRISTIANS PARTICIPATE IN THE SAME HOLY BOOK RECITATION AND CHURCH BUILDING, IT'S A GREAT FEAT?

I CAN SEE YOUR FELLOW CHRISTIANS LIKING YOUR POST. YOU ATTACK MUSLIMS BECAUSE THEY'RE USUALLY MEEK ONLINE.. BUT WHEN WE ON THIS SIDE CHANGE AM FOR YOU, YOU REMEMBER RELIGIOUS TOLERANCE. cheesy

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LordReed(m): 8:48am On Jan 14
As part of my moving on policy this year, I am no longer going to be asking questions about the bible. The book is a series of fairytales and deserves no serious thought put towards it.

I asked myself if I came across a person who wanted to live according to Harry Potter books how would I treat them? I would laugh at the absurdity and not give it any serious thought. In fact I may cheer them on and tell them "you do you bro", I certainly won't go questioning JK Rowling's depictions. This is the response I think the bible and Christians (and all other religions as well) deserve.

Except of course when they want to force their fairytales on us as rules for living. Then the claws come out. Live your life according to your fairytale but do not presume to force me to live according to it, no thank you with all the vehemence I can muster.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Dantedasz: 12:30pm On Jan 14
LordReed:
As part of my moving on policy this year, I am no longer going to be asking questions about the bible. The book is a series of fairytales and deserves no serious thought put towards it.

I asked myself if I came across a person who wanted to live according to Harry Potter books how would I treat them? I would laugh at the absurdity and not give it any serious thought. In fact I may cheer them on and tell them "you do you bro", I certainly won't go questioning JK Rowling's depictions. This is the response I think the bible and Christians (and all other religions as well) deserve.

Except of course when they want to force their fairytales on us as rules for living. Then the claws come out. Live your life according to your fairytale but do not presume to force me to live according to it, no thank you with all the vehemence I can muster.

It is a sheer waste of time discussing a fairy tale book. It is even worse attempting to reason logically with the adherents and believers of the stories contained in the fairy tale book.
Like I always say at the expense of sounding like a broken record,:"Dont slam your head against a slab of concrete!"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LordReed(m): 1:05pm On Jan 14
Dantedasz:

It is a sheer waste of time discussing a fairy tale book. It is even worse attempting to reason logically with the adherents and believers of the stories contained in the fairy tale book.
Like I always say at the expense of sounding like a broken record,:"Dont slam your head against a slab of concrete!"

True words my broda. Complete waste of time. I will now be devoting my thoughts and time to all the things that will make me grow and progress.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by ouigy99(m): 3:37pm On Jan 15
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by AmericanPecan: 4:55am On Jan 25
Im a 30 years old what you would call a black America I guess? And want to understand something? I want to live in Nigeria and feel free and safe. My goal is to someday buy land in the north for a small tree farm. It is my understanding that there are people of some abrahamic theology killing people. While every one on the content is currently at risk of starvation. YOU have 20 years tops dont think other nations will come to your aid.. I cry as my ancestors have. Nigeras population 200 million+++who do you think.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by CAPSLOCKED: 8:39am On Jan 26
AmericanPecan:
Im a 30 years old what you would call a black America I guess? And want to understand something? I want to live in Nigeria and feel free and safe. My goal is to someday buy land in the north for a small tree farm. It is my understanding that there are people of some abrahamic theology killing people. While every one on the continent is currently at risk of starvation. YOU have 20 years tops dont think other nations will come to your aid.. I cry as my ancestors have. Nigeras population 200 million+++who do you think.

The thing tire pesin.
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by Blu03(f): 10:18am On Feb 15
Hi
Re: The Non-Christian Chatbox ( sticky ) by LordReed(m): 8:31am On Feb 16
Blu03:
Hi

Hello

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (Reply)

Daily Manna — Unity Of Purpose / Dreams Interpretation! Dreams Interpretation!! Dreams Interpretation!!! / Dreams And Their Meanings/ Interpretation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.