Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,202 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? (2879 Views)

He Has Been After Her For 4 Years.......She's More Educated, Older And Richer / Guys Would You Allow Your Wife To-be Like This On Your Wedding Day? / My Girlfriend Wants To Pay Me Off And Marry A Richer Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 3:42pm On Aug 26, 2013
It's an established fact that men are the bread winners of the family. So naturally it's expected that Men should be more richer than the women. However as technology and civilization sets in the status quo is beginning to change. More and more women are becoming richer than the men folks. When looked into from the family perspective, it's means that wives are becoming richer than the husbands. This off course means more money for the family... But wait what about the balance of power? Will a husband with a super rich wife loose that power? I mean man of the house power? This can be intimidating. Imagine driving an old fashioned Toyota Tundra and your rich wife is cruising on her brand new Toyota prius. Tacky huh...
Now as more and more women smile to the bank everyday it leaves the question : how many guys are ready to marry girl r richer than themselves? Will you?

1 Like

Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
Depends.
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by sunnyt1(m): 4:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
Its never part of my prayer point, i shall be the head of my family
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Tuntheycr7: 4:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
Understanding and true love is the key..
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 5:01pm On Aug 26, 2013
sunny t: Its never part of my prayer point, i shall be the head of my family

What if you fell in love with a rich girl?
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 5:03pm On Aug 26, 2013
Tuntheycr7: Understanding and true love is the key..

That's if the the lady in question is the understanding type...
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by temi4fash(m): 5:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
sunny t: Its never part of my prayer point, i shall be the head of my family

its never part of any man's prayer point... I tink dere oda ways of bin d leader apart from aprt from d money...
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by UyiIredia(m): 5:11pm On Aug 26, 2013
I might with fears as to whether she'll still respect me inspite.
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 5:15pm On Aug 26, 2013
Uyi Iredia: I might with fears as to whether she'll still respect me inspite.

It's normal for must guys to be afraid of that but the good thing is there are quite a good number of women who don't let money turn their heads.
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Aug 26, 2013
No biggy, people do it every day, it also depends on the individuals involved. A woman dat loves u will still respect you regardless of how much she earns u will also see it in her actions, she won't wait for u to be asking her for one thing or the other, she will naturally be happy to contribute.. Op if u find one just hold her oh... I'm sure a good number of guys and husbands won't mind dia wives or galfriends earning more than them. Dats just the truth.

1 Like

Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by deeobserver209(m): 5:38pm On Aug 26, 2013
It's OK. I can deal with that.
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Kaycee7(m): 6:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
I don't see any problem with it as long as she possesses the qualities I want in a woman & we respect each other.
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Enegod(m): 6:52pm On Aug 26, 2013
yes..am tired of dating broke asss chicks

1 Like

Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Popowaa: 7:37pm On Aug 26, 2013
And who said guys dont gold dig
Enegod: yes..am tired of dating broke asss chicks
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 9:08pm On Aug 26, 2013
Enegod: yes..am tired of dating broke asss chicks

Intresting. So I guess you won't mind marrying a Lady who Rich like Oprah Winfrey
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Greatken007(m): 9:23pm On Aug 26, 2013
DAT 1 NA BIG WAHALA OOO,EVEN IF U BUY GOLD FOR HER SHE WONT APPRECIATE,BUT WHEN GUYS REFUSED TO GET RICH MAKE D GALS FOLD THEIR HANDS?
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Aug 26, 2013
I can't marry or date a guy am richer than undecided
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 9:48pm On Aug 26, 2013
spongeback: I can't marry or date a guy am richer than undecided

Why?
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 26, 2013

Because I can't
major466:

Why?
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Enegod(m): 9:54pm On Aug 26, 2013
Popowaa: And who said guys dont gold dig
huh? is that a question? ??
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Enegod(m): 9:56pm On Aug 26, 2013
major466:

Intresting. So I guess you won't mind marrying a Lady who Rich like Oprah Winfrey
i love Oprah
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 10:05pm On Aug 26, 2013
Enegod: i love Oprah

Yeah she's cool. And loaded.
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 10:07pm On Aug 26, 2013
Greatken007: DAT 1 NA BIG WAHALA OOO,EVEN IF U BUY GOLD FOR HER SHE WONT APPRECIATE,BUT WHEN GUYS REFUSED TO GET RICH MAKE D GALS FOLD THEIR HANDS?
Good point.
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by youngalex(m): 10:29pm On Aug 26, 2013
U can imagine what dis ladies pass thru wit dis our distorted mindset,is it a crime for a single ladY to be rich?....i mentored one young lady during her sec. Sch days being a family friend i knew she will go far expectedly she made a first class and presently works wit an oil company,her monthly salary is almost my 3 months salary,I laugh when she calls me big bro....its her destiny @ 28 she is earning mIllions....so guys if you re lucky to find such lady that respects you dnt let go

1 Like

Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Kaycee7(m): 5:49pm On Aug 27, 2013
spongeback:
Because I can't
No probs since your net worth is #1000 grin grin grin
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by deeobserver209(m): 12:23pm On Aug 28, 2013
I won't mind marrying Oprah Winfrey
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 6:06pm On Aug 29, 2013
youngalex: U can imagine what dis ladies pass thru wit dis our distorted mindset,is it a crime for a single ladY to be rich?....i mentored one young lady during her sec. Sch days being a family friend i knew she will go far expectedly she made a first class and presently works wit an oil company,her monthly salary is almost my 3 months salary,I laugh when she calls me big bro....its her destiny @ 28 she is earning mIllions....so guys if you re lucky to find such lady that respects you dnt let go

That's right.
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Kslib(m): 6:25pm On Aug 29, 2013
I cant't.. It just doesnt sit well with me. Although it wouldnt be a bad idea if the lady in question is humble and not too proud/arrogant BUT no matter what,the thought of her being the bread winner/the one taking care of you financially will always come to her mind even if she doesnt say it to your hearing...
Ok!! Lets assume the lady is humble/not arrogant and loves you without rubbing it on your face that she's the one with the money,you as a man wont be comfortable
in telling her that she did so so and so wrong(cos of the guilt)..
You wont even feel comfortable in telling her that she's spending money too much and that so so and so was an unnecessary buy.. Etc..
So so many things are wrong with marrying a lady richer than you.. I dont know about other guys though,but personally,i can never do it!!!
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
youngalex: U can imagine what dis ladies pass thru wit dis our distorted mindset,is it a crime for a single ladY to be rich?....i mentored one young lady during her sec. Sch days being a family friend i knew she will go far expectedly she made a first class and presently works wit an oil company,her monthly salary is almost my 3 months salary,I laugh when she calls me big bro....its her destiny @ 28 she is earning mIllions....so guys if you re lucky to find such lady that respects you dnt let go

A lot of guys , do let go.....some come bk , later when it's too late.... While some regret and sigh in silence... grin

1 Like

Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Nobody: 6:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
Kslib: I cant't.. It just doesnt sit well with me. Although it wouldnt be a bad idea if the lady in question is humble and not too proud/arrogant BUT no matter what,the thought of her being the bread winner/the one taking care of you financially will always come to her mind even if she doesnt say it to your hearing...
Ok!! Lets assume the lady is humble/not arrogant and loves you without rubbing it on your face that she's the one with the money,you as a man wont be comfortable
You wont even feel comfortable in telling her that she's spending money too much and that so so and so was an unnecessary buy.. Etc..
So so many things are wrong with marrying a lady richer than you.. I dont know about other guys though,but personally,i can never do it!!!
U never start sef, even with a woman that is a full time house wife, if u ever go broke for a long time, u will start to notice some funny behaviours, it may take her time to understand dat u don't have, as she may start getting ideas dat u are seeing anoda woman dat is diverting ur attention from ur family. Is it not better for ur wife to be earning more than the husband than earning nothing at all, there is never a time money won't be needed in the family. All dis ur reasons is not enough sir, and wat if after u married her and she gets promoted depending on her career, and starts earning higher than u? U will send her packing then?
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by Kslib(m): 7:12pm On Aug 29, 2013
Valeree:
U never start sef, even with a woman that is a full time house wife, if u ever go broke for a long time, u will start to notice some funny behaviours, it may take her time to understand dat u don't have, as she may start getting ideas dat u are seeing anoda woman dat is diverting ur attention from ur family. Is it not better for ur wife to be earning more than the husband than earning nothing at all, there is never a time money won't be needed in the family. All dis ur reasons is not enough sir, and wat if after u married her and she gets promoted depending on her career, and starts earning higher than u? U will send her packing then?
I only bolded the part that made sense to me/ is relevant to the issue at hand..
First of all,i never said it was a bad idea if the lady in question earns money also. The question was if "A guy will marry a lady richer than him",so your point there is empty..
Secondly,how can you say "MY reasons aint enough"? Is it not my reason?
My reasons must not be appealing to you b4 it cant be termed as "Worthy",there is a reason why its called " MY REASON",and for the records,i have like a thousand reasons why i cant "marry a richer lady", but just gave those two reasons i gave above cos i know people will ask "why"..
Lastly,if i eventually do marry a lady that gets promoted and starts earning higher than me,it'll be fine with me cos the trust and respect has already been built,she knows i can also take care of her and i aint no "gold digger"...
All izz well!
Re: Guys Would You Marry A Woman Richer Than You? by major466(m): 7:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
I understand. Imagine the lady in question is one of those stubborn, arrogant types, living in that house could be another sad story entirely.

Kslib: I cant't.. It just doesnt sit well with me. Although it wouldnt be a bad idea if the lady in question is humble and not too proud/arrogant BUT no matter what,the thought of her being the bread winner/the one taking care of you financially will always come to her mind even if she doesnt say it to your hearing...

(1) (Reply)

Are All Handsome Men Gay? / Men See One Powerful Method You Can Use To Get Any Woman Into Bed / Does Jealousy Signify True Love?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.