Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,424 members, 7,822,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:30 PM

FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans (40046 Views)

How To Obtain Student Loans In Nigeria Through Skye Bank / Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / ASUU Withdraw From Negotiation With Government (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by clint77ng: 8:42pm On Aug 27, 2013
Glorified_Tunde: Kai! I feel so enraged. Well its not FG's fault, they take the masses for fools and know we'll take every sh*t they throw @ us even propaganda.

FG is now looking for CHEAP support from the masses and trying to paint ASUU black using old skool tactics (infiltration by opposition). That was how they claimed fuel subsidy removal protest had been hijacked by opposition.

They really don't know ASUU is filled with intelligent folks.

Provide LOANS? A ma se nkan o! This GEJ administration is the WORST of all. Its a synergy of Clueless + Corruption!

I suggest everyone comes out boldly to support ASUU, its now FG vs. Nigerians in every matter.

FG is filled with Terrible, Careless, Greedy and Useless Thieves! angry
Stop insulting ur leaders cause ur heart is filled with hate. This is not the first ASUU strike in Naija neither the last. In this situation both parties has to sacrifice which the FG has done, ASUU has to adjust in the interest of our children. What we actually need to fight against is the salary of these poiticians and not steady increase in workers salary which will definitely cause inflation and devaluation of the naira
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by clint77ng: 8:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
Glorified_Tunde: Kai! I feel so enraged. Well its not FG's fault, they take the masses for fools and know we'll take every sh*t they throw @ us even propaganda.

FG is now looking for CHEAP support from the masses and trying to paint ASUU black using old skool tactics (infiltration by opposition). That was how they claimed fuel subsidy removal protest had been hijacked by opposition.

They really don't know ASUU is filled with intelligent folks.

Provide LOANS? A ma se nkan o! This GEJ administration is the WORST of all. Its a synergy of Clueless + Corruption!

I suggest everyone comes out boldly to support ASUU, its now FG vs. Nigerians in every matter.

FG is filled with Terrible, Careless, Greedy and Useless Thieves! angry
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Youngtekkey(m): 9:17pm On Aug 27, 2013
FG are confuse set of people,this whole thing is shi.t
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by tomclem5: 9:28pm On Aug 27, 2013
ASUU nd fg,more bullet 2 ur ak. Next season will be out soon
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by IamAthens(m): 9:36pm On Aug 27, 2013
God is watching.

Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
clint77ng: Stop insulting ur leaders cause ur heart is filled with hate. This is not the first ASUU strike in Naija neither the last. In this situation both parties has to sacrifice which the FG has done, ASUU has to adjust in the interest of our children. What we actually need to fight against is the salary of these poiticians and not steady increase in workers salary which will definitely cause inflation and devaluation of the naira

Oga sir, I will accord u your respect as a well-trained ijebu boy, cos e be like say you don born pikin.

Point of correction please, not my leaders. I didn't vote any of them in!

Now, are your so called children in public universities, if yes, are u satisfied with the quality of education they have so far?

Did all you read concerning this matter tell you that ASUU is only fighting for their interest (for which I can't blame them)?

Speaking of sacrifice, so u can sacrifice your own salary or your child's education for some form of propaganda by thieves earning fortunes and sending their kids to foreign schools?

Abi u be FG?

Abegi, park one side and call saka the vulcanizer! SHIOOO!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Fash20: 10:18pm On Aug 27, 2013
Pls which country is usin dis method
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by herbdull(m): 10:21pm On Aug 27, 2013
deor03:what i want the Federal government to do in logical order is this
1. Task NUC to carry out detailed study of the present universities, with a view to determining their worth in Naira andKobo
2. Privatize all the universities and mandate all the private buyers to have affilition , including staff & student rotation , with Top 50 universities in the world.The buyers should immediatetly upgrade the universities to world standard in terms of facilities,labs , building etc
3. Grant student loans to all the students, upon admission into the institutions, and continues to maintain this award based on student's satisfactory performance ( measured based on Attendance, behaviuor and grade)
I gbadun this ur idea sha. One shld be able to pay over 20 yrs.
4. Consession reputble property companies to build world class accomodation with 24/7 power supply / high speed internet ( blocking all video sharing, Ph0nography , etc). Accomodation will be included in the loan
With government awarding 1Million Naira per student for each academic year, these can be taken care off. For 4 year courses, it will cost the government 4M , for Engineering 5M and Medicine 7M
Once students proceed on NYSC, the capital to be repaid should drop by N500,000.
Student should pay back the loan to thegovernment over 20 years at an interest rate of 3% Max
And when this schools are privitazised who regulates the school fees? 4m,5m or 7m to every student Hope you know polytechnic, monotechnics and colleges of educations students are also nigerian. Clueless post clueless govt
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Kaid01: 10:41pm On Aug 27, 2013
Wow daz a gud offer frm d fedral government....ASUU don't calloff the strike if u lyk......my guys let's go with wat government is offering to us
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by mesutiyke(m): 10:45pm On Aug 27, 2013
mke FG bring d loan if i no come pay back wetin go happen, hw many pple dem go catch.. Mke we follow eat dat national cake. Nonsense...!!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by alexleo(m): 10:51pm On Aug 27, 2013
Kaid01: Wow daz a gud offer frm d fedral government....ASUU don't calloff the strike if u lyk......my guys let's go with wat government is offering to us

Small boy talking as his small sense can reason.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by ik4life: 11:29pm On Aug 27, 2013
This is one of the various ways to know a failed government everything is politic to them
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by hikmoj(m): 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
D govt tink say we b mumu,na dem gan gan b original &big Mumu
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by telexfree1: 11:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
RedBenson:

Mr. Man, you are just clueless! You think that will work as you just described? Smh!

You are the clueless one
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by shobabey: 12:02am On Aug 28, 2013
Dis fg don craze finish o...so because of opposition tins d whole of nigerian student should suffer...even if u give loan will dese students teach demselves? Abi u go still loan transport n feeding plus accomodation money so we can go abroad for studies How much did ASUU request n do u know hw many nigerian students exist CONFUSED GOVERNMENT!!!!
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 12:23am On Aug 28, 2013
telexfree1:

You are the clueless one

I dont blame you! You are in environment you dont understand its operations.

grin If the loan enter my hand, na flex i go use am flex.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Eastcoast33(m): 2:03am On Aug 28, 2013
The National President of
ASUU, Dr. Nasir Fagee, had
last week during a press
conference at the University
of Lagos, NIGERIA ...When did Unilag take D name NIGERIA wit It? aBEG OOO its University of Nigeria, keep things straight...It kills to twist things...
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 3:37am On Aug 28, 2013
Most people do not understand the reasoning behind the student loan.
Basically, the idea is that the Govt. will create each school as a non profit organisation, hands often them and cease to be the employer of lecturers. In which case all wage issues will be localized, University Borads will be the employer. The FG will then rather spend the allocations to guarantee student loans.
ASUU will be dead, If they go on strike in one university, staff from other universities will not agree to join to avoid being replaced since they have a different employer.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Sike(m): 5:21am On Aug 28, 2013
God bless Nigeria.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Mikebis(m): 6:28am On Aug 28, 2013
Speechless
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Omen100(m): 6:47am On Aug 28, 2013
Eastcoast33: The National President of
ASUU, Dr. Nasir Fagee, had
last week during a press
conference at the University
of Lagos, NIGERIA ...When did Unilag take D name NIGERIA wit It? aBEG OOO its University of Nigeria, keep things straight...It kills to twist things...

Mugu, so what now happened to statements like, Boko Haram in Nigeria & not Borno state, Yobe state & Adamawa State.

Dude, please make use of your god given brain or are you trying to tell us that you are brainless?
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Amozever12: 6:55am On Aug 28, 2013
I doubt if the FG had a clue of this mess called repayeable student loans. The fact is that most Nigerian students dont need FG's loans at the moment. What matters is graduating at the appropriate time and then facing life after school. Enough of all this trash called "REPAYEABLE LOANS".
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Omen100(m): 6:55am On Aug 28, 2013
KenGali: Most people do not understand the reasoning behind the student loan.
Basically, the idea is that the Govt. will create each school as a non profit organisation, hands often them and cease to be the employer of lecturers. In which case all wage issues will be localized, University Borads will be the employer. The FG will then rather spend the allocations to guarantee student loans.
ASUU will be dead, If they go on strike in one university, staff from other universities will not agree to join to avoid being replaced since they have a different employer.

My friend, what exactly is it that you assumed we don't understand? The Nigerian govt has made the position known to us & you are there talking shyts.

Prophet Hosea was actually right when he lamented in "Hosea 4:6" "That his people perished because the lack knowledge" while I'm here, crying out laud today that fellow Nigerians especially like Nigerian whose post I have quoted, are suffering from linguistic Kwashiokors poverty mentality that the Nigerian govt has implanted in their lives.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by amodaade: 7:40am On Aug 28, 2013
3ace: How would this student loan work sef? In a country where there are no jobs? How do you expect them to pay back. I trust some students; they will just be using the money to flex except the money is paid directly into the school's account for educational purpose. I know what the FG wants to achieve with this student's loan. They want to expose the lecturers and show the whole world that the lecturers are only concerned about their interest.

Remember there was a Student Loans Board in the 70s that was later scrapped due to massive corruption and non-payment of the loans. This will not work as the government is never sincere in its dealings with Labour Unions
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by wilson513(m): 7:54am On Aug 28, 2013
[color=][/color] ;DDear ASUU,pls if all Nigerian Students contribute 1k each,would it add up 2 d remainin N62b>:O >:O
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by jidefrimi(m): 8:06am On Aug 28, 2013
y can't FG giv us salary instead..
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Nobody: 8:26am On Aug 28, 2013
Hmn... This seems too bad! FG should have it in mind that we students are not fools. You can't raise 87bn for the lecturers allowance since 2009 till date, yet the next thing you wish to do is give loans to students. Something that might end up in the pockets of the so called rich people.
Certainly, this is a good idea but if the loans are not repaid how will the process continue?
What we need most is to have a chance to practice our disciplines after the hardship faced as students and not more hardship after graduation.
Please focus more on job creations before an attempt on student-loan.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by alexleo(m): 8:30am On Aug 28, 2013
KenGali: Most people do not understand the reasoning behind the student loan.

And you fail to realize that government universities will now increase their fees to 700k and above like the private universities. By the time Gej leaves, another govt comes in an scraps the loan thing or even reduce it by 50 percent under this same claim that govt is running short of fund. Will the students go on strike then? If they do who will listen to them? With that high fees how many Nigerians can afford university education for their children if that happens. Nigeria govt has a culture of failing to keep promises and agreement. Same way they are failing lecturers today is the way they ll fail students in the loan thing as time goes on. Infact the one they ll do to students will be worse. Just be balanced in your analysis. Nigerian govt is never to be trusted.
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by Enwere8: 8:40am On Aug 28, 2013
Dis 1 na 2 rub peter pay paul,hw u go expect person 2 work finish u no go gv am waiting una bagain on u go come dey ask of renegociation
Re: FG Breaks-Off ASUU Negotiation, To Introduce Student Loans by banki(m): 8:49am On Aug 28, 2013
Someone asked if GEJ signed the agreement? I ask was the agreement not signed by the federal govt of nigeria which GEJ was part off?
This is the sameway they said opposition parties gingered the fuel subsidy protest and promised to build refinaries and promised full turn around and maintance of the existing refinaries
As far as this govt is concerned the solution to every problem is to throw money around that's why they think students loans are the problem
What has this govt done to show for the money it gets that is more than what the country has ever earned?
One of the 10jets maintained by the president can be sold and the money used for reaserch grants for avaition in at least 10universities,half of the presidents food budget can be used to fund labs in 10universities

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UNIZIK Defers Award For Sanusi / People With Incredible Bodies Featured In The Guinness World Records / Only First Class & 2:1 Graduates Will Be Employed As Teachers - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.