Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,900 members, 7,863,096 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? (893 Views)

UNILAG Runs Girl - By Umari Ayim (Parts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5) / She's Back After Four Years! What Do I Do? / My Love Departed After Eight Years: What Do I Do? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by Wokeyim(f): 12:15pm On Jun 12, 2008
Dear Nairalanders, i have been wondering what makes one stay in a relationship for three, five or even ten years! Is it really love or other issues like the person has become so accustomed to the relationship and so used to his/her partner's flaws that he/she cannot leave the relationship any more ( after all, they say no human being is perfect) OR he/she does not want to hurt her the other partner by leaving since they have become really close OR he/she is just too apprehensive to start a new relationship as he/she doesn't know what is the offing for her/him in something new, OR he/she thinks he/she's gotten too old to start all over again. Na love or wetin sef Nairalanders? Please tell me.
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jun 12, 2008
for me oooooo cant date a guy for more than a year,infact mine was 5 and half months sef,before we tied the knot cool cool

anyway its an individual thing
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by Nobody: 12:24pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ topic

Na them know. Sofa they carry their cross! cool
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by tope2000(f): 12:26pm On Jun 12, 2008
i guess it kinda of the case of the devil u know
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by krama(m): 12:28pm On Jun 12, 2008
10 years huh? They are waiting for rapture, so that they can marry in heaven
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by tglaz(m): 12:55pm On Jun 12, 2008
it aint how far but how well. i had a case of a cousin of mine who dated her husband for 10yrs but after marriage she openly confessed to me that she never knew him.forget about the lenght of time, rather focus on the value the relationship has added to you. smiley smiley smiley
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jun 12, 2008
tglaz:

it aint how far but how well. i had a case of a cousin of mine who dated her husband for 10yrs but after marriage she openly confessed to me that she never knew him.forget about the lenght of time, rather focus on the value the relationship has added to you. smiley smiley smiley

Are you sure thosee 10 years weren't spent in toasting? Because I can't believe that after 10 years she opens her mouth to say "I had never really known him"!
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by Godalone(m): 1:03pm On Jun 12, 2008
michelin89:

Are you sure thosee 10 years weren't spent in toasting? Because I can't believe that after 10 years she opens her mouth to say "I had never really known him"!
True talk.
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by buzyDiva(f): 1:08pm On Jun 12, 2008
0-1yr - getting to know each other

2yrs - comtemplate if he/she is the one . . more getting to know each other (this where I fall)

3-5yrs - You ain't sure what u really want

10yrs - Are u nuts??

how can u stay with someone for more than 3yrs without no commitment? thats just plain crazy and both partners are dumb!!
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by Wokeyim(f): 1:34pm On Jun 12, 2008
buzyDiva:

0-1yr - getting to know each other

2yrs - comtemplate if he/she is the one . . more getting to know each other (this where I fall)

3-5yrs - You ain't sure what u really want

10yrs - Are u nuts??

how can u stay with someone for more than 3yrs without no commitment? thats just plain crazy and both partners are dumb!!

I don't think it's dumbness. It could be other issues, like the guy ain't buoyant enough for marriage. For instance, one of my closest friends dated her guy for 10years, i think they started b/4 the guy began his degree program. Then he finished school and went job searching for about 3years. Guy finally got a job and they got married in december, 2006 after ten years. I always wonder if the guy hadn't got a job till today, will babe have continued waiting, maybe for another ten years making it 20years?
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by buzyDiva(f): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2008
Wokeyim:

I don't think it's dumbness. It could be other issues, like the guy ain't buoyant enough for marriage. For instance, one of my closest friends dated her guy for 10years, i think they started b/for the guy began his degree program. Then he finished school and went job searching for about 3years. Guy finally got a job and they got married in december, 2006 after ten years. I always wonder if the guy hadn't got a job till today, will babe have continued waiting, maybe for another ten years making it 20years?

we ain't talking bout high skool love stories o . . . obviously i don't expect high students to go get hitched

but 10yrs? . . . not me abeg!
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by tobaaro(m): 2:12pm On Jun 12, 2008
Som hearts settle 4 comfort, happiness, wealth nd stuff.

Som hearts wil settle for nothing less than the one they love!

The latter could take: "x" number of years!
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by sistawoman: 3:24pm On Jun 12, 2008
The longest i waited was 4 years and I am so glad that I waited that long. It took 4 years for the brotha to confess that he was not the person he was pretending to be. That his moral compass was not like mine and that he needed to come clean.

I cant believe he held up the charade for so long.

God is so good he knew this man was not for me. It took me a year to get over him but i did.
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by finguy(m): 3:35pm On Jun 12, 2008
how bout 2 teengers fall in love @ 16 and ten years later they have grown so much in love and fond of each other. thats one of hte best kinda reelationship. iknow
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by Wokeyim(f): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2008
@ buzydiva
i am not talking about high school love stories here. The girl was about 17 and the guy 23 when they met. Now were they children then?

@ sisterwoman
men are WICKED! angry and can disguise like forever.) I also know someone who dated a man for 5years before she discovered he was married. She felt she had gone too far to break up and thought the man may take her as a 2nd wife. After two extra years, making it seven, she got tired of his continous postings, go - no, marry me now, oh oh?. she sat him down for a real discussion and my guy said he wasn't going to double-up. Babe has been so devasted since then and she's 30years now, besides every one has associated her with this man so where does she start from?
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by krama(m): 1:35am On Jun 13, 2008
Wokeyim:

men are WICKED! angry

I wonder why people talk like this! Is it ALL men? Hick! embarassed
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by uspry1(f): 1:42am On Jun 13, 2008
Check out existing threads at below:

Is 4 Years Too Long For Courtship?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-91599.0.html

How Long Should Courtship Last?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-921.0.html

Is Dating Someone For 1 Year Too Soon To Get Married?
www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-7591.0.html
Re: 1,2,3: 10 Years, What Makes One Stick On In An Addictive Relationship? by ima1(f): 9:15am On Jun 13, 2008
If only women would wise up then men wouldn't be able to use us. after 1 yr if the relationship does not have a future please move on. no need putting all your eggs in one basket.

(1)

I Need Your Advise / Through Families And Friends ? / hi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.