Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,570 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) (123673 Views)

Beautiful Pictures Of Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-ife / 2016/2017 Obafemi Awolowo University Aspirant / Obafemi Awolowo University Ile-Ife In Pictures (Old/ Construction site Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
9jadelta: nahhh university of Ibadan is way cooler with nice structures

I didn't want to yarn before the IFE loyalists crucify me. U.I is equally nice. To say one uni is the coolest, you'd have to have been to most unis. Most people just defend their alma matta without necessarily visiting other schools. U.I has a pretty good zoo too jare and is equally a big and fine campus.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okija don't forget to zoom in on the particular toilet where that young woman delivered a bouncing baby boy in the great Ife grin

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by habbyy03: 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Am proud.....#i rep OAU till i kpeme....haters work hard to b in a sch lyk ds....#team OAU

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by pongwa(m): 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okija_juju: More...
see my Awo hall... Chai! @op ur head dey there
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by helovesme(f): 8:40pm On Aug 29, 2013
Not impressed.

Unilag, U.I and even FUTA have finer structures/environment.

For private universities, convenant university, ota beats all others hands down.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
Okija the nairaland celebrity grin

Abej try reach Abia state university too make i laugh small. For tonight am sure ibadan people are happy cool

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
helovesme: Not impressed.

FUTA kwa
We are talking of universities and you are mentioning backyard schools

Abeg

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by kilmix: 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
Why am I only seeing bushes, huts and some internet pictures? undecided
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by misterh(m): 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
coogar:

UI looks like a school built by the aztecs - the structures are old & lazy. go to the faculties of admin & law in OAU and see the work of architectural brilliance!
plus my faculty, Social Sciences! I still marvel @ those three buildings. The way they are linked is great.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Davico(m): 8:41pm On Aug 29, 2013
[quote author=SEYI_KP]Okija don't stress ur self to snap the hostels, na wash one of the worst in the country. [/quote
Can't u c the pix of awolowo and alumni hall bush boy cheesy
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by 3ace(m): 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thank you OP for bringing me fresh pix of OAU campus without traveling. I feel proud with the creation of this thread. And great job to the Mod that moved it to the FrontPage.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by DisGuy: 8:42pm On Aug 29, 2013
Finally!!! OAU

you can tell Nigerian university are sooo not represented on-line picture wise--

Clean enough cheesy

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by tyson99(m): 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Come to OOU and u go dey cry cos nothing wey u fit snap except babe yansh grin

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by drdams: 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Go n get urs..
Poverty is an affliction of d mind..

Reuben.Abati:
Okija_juju

Now we know you have a car.

Point taken.

6 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by delors(m): 8:43pm On Aug 29, 2013
Thanks okija. U are the man! I thought u only took pictures of shrines but u just blew my mind.
I can see faculties of Law, Admin, Health sciences, Arts theatre etc in there. Great work. Some other majestic buildings too would have blown your mind like the Amphitheatre. You should have checked out Spider building, Ajose theatre, Archy studio and co. If u checked Admin basement you would have fallen in love with the architecture as well.
Great work pal.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Davico(m): 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
babyosisi:

FUTA kwa

Abeg
Tank jare futas current location is a temporary site o
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by helovesme(f): 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
babyosisi:

FUTA kwa

Abeg

You can call it anything you want. It still remains a federal university that has been in existence for over 20 years.

I have been to all four schools - unilag, FUTA, OAU and U.I
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:44pm On Aug 29, 2013
escobar07: That school was designed by a foremost isreali architect (Ariel sharon). Google him and you can even check out the architectural design on his website.
Little wonder it shared similar structural design and landscaping with ABSU. I swear that school is d best in southeast aesthetically, though the land mass aint as large.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:45pm On Aug 29, 2013
tyson99: Come to OOU and u go dey cry cos nothing wey u fit snap except babe yansh grin

Which one is OOU again
Bikonu stop naming these mushroom schools that sprouted everywhere
If you didn't make it to UNN,UNILAG,OAU,UI or ABU and UNIBEN please leave this thread

Small time now somebody will mention uni petrol

5 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by baby124: 8:46pm On Aug 29, 2013
Cool. I have been to this school before but in the early 90's. I think i slept till we got to our destination. Really wasnt interested in the sites. Its quite beautiful and green. Very lush and looks quite peaceful and conducive for learning. cheesy
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:48pm On Aug 29, 2013
baby_123: Cool. I have been to this school before but in the early 90's. I think i slept till we got to our destination. Really wasnt interested in the sites. Its quite beautiful and green. Very lush and looks quite peaceful and conducive for learning. cheesy

The food from the buka areas were quite good then
I was there in the 90's too
The campus is great, but Ife as a town is quite unsightly
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by mikigen(m): 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
@OP 9z pix tho bt you might really need to visit university of nigeria enugu campus(UNEC)
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by NaLaugh: 8:49pm On Aug 29, 2013
Oluwafunmilayo95: Yeah.. For LEARNING AND CULTURE..
SPORTS AND STRUGGLE..
I rep OBA AWON UNIVERSITY..
Africa's most beautiful campus.. smiley

Naa.. Have you been to Ahmadu Bello University's Samaru campus?
That's probably the nicest. At least 7-10 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by AbdH: 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
helovesme: Not impressed.

For private universities, convenant university, ota beats all others hands down.
Even covenant used OAU's design as a standard. OAU is a school to beat in most aspects if not all
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by misterh(m): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2013
delors: Thanks okija. U are the man! I thought u only took pictures of shrines but u just blew my mind.
I can see faculties of Law, Admin, Health sciences, Arts theatre etc in there. Great work. Some other majestic buildings too would have blown your mind like the Amphitheatre. You should have checked out Spider building, Ajose theatre, Archy studio and co. If u checked Admin basement you would have fallen in love with the architecture as well.
Great work pal.
I think the location of Spider doesn't do enough justice to its beauty. I remember the first time i entered Spider, i literally got lost. I spent more than 30 mins trying to find the exit.

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by 3ace(m): 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
misterh: plus my faculty, Social Sciences! I still marvel @ those three buildings. The way they are linked is great.
During 100 level days before I understood the structural connection of those three buildings, I will go downstairs from Admin, then move to social sciences and climb up again. The day I discovered through a friend that I could move from Admin to social sciences without taking my usual, stressful and idiotic route, we were both laughing that we drew attention.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Nobody: 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
Na Laugh:

Naa.. Have you been to Ahmadu Bello University's Samaru campus?
That's probably the nicest. At least 7-10 years ago.

ABU is another beautiful school
I concur

3 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by coogar: 8:51pm On Aug 29, 2013
misterh: plus my faculty, Social Sciences! I still marvel @ those three buildings. The way they are linked is great.

top class architectural design especially the basements - then you have the spider building next to conference centre - that building is glorious....

the quarters is as big as lekki - i wonder why okija's iPad didn't capture the VC's lodge that looked like saddam hussein's fortress.

babyosisi:

a la carte
spices
flavours
chicken plaza.

if my cousins don't take me there, i start a riot. those places are really really cool. the greenery & tarred roads.
Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by Samshady(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
grin could.nt help but laugh. Ask about ABU, this cant cant compare!

2 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by pongwa(m): 8:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
''great ife great ife
africa's most beautiful campus
we are conscious, vigilant, progressive
aluta against all oppression
forward ever, backward never
for learning and culture sport and struggle
great ife (chai) i love you
there's only one great ife in the universe
another 'great ife' is a counterfeit
great, great great great..............GREAT"

5 Likes

Re: Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile Ife (Pictures) by baby124: 8:55pm On Aug 29, 2013
babyosisi:

Yea, the town was not too modern. But i think it is because there is so much vegetation in the area. I think the school is quite cool and calm, because you really have to be smart to get in. It is not a school for agbero and other useless elements. I am quite glad they resisted such nonsense. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

A Thread For Prospective Industrial Training (SIWES) Students. / No Graduate Of Medical Radiography Is Unemployed, Anywhere On Earth! / Amazing Facts (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.