Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,156 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? (4337 Views)

When You Decide To Pay Your Girlfriend A Surprise Visit In School / Can U Allow Your Bride Wear Any Of These Or Ladies, Can U? / When Your Bride doesn't Want You To Fall Into Temptation (PhotoD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Monicasque(f): 6:46am On Sep 13, 2013
50calibre:

You are in dreamland, just wait till grey hair and wrinkles begins to appear, you'd see the logic behind paying your own bride price.

I have seen up to three women who not only paid their dowries, but imported the man.

its all a matter of pride sweetheart. Will u be proud to tell your kids that u paid your own brideprice? so if u r willing to pay for yourself y organise a brideprice anyway. y dont u just to wersten wedding then end things there coz u r lying to yourself by paying. There is a reason y your man shud be the payer after all u r not marrying yourself. that is abomination. do u think our forefathers were stupid to design things this way? abeg na
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by eghos12(m): 8:27am On Sep 13, 2013
^^^^ did our forefathers still not band men from entering the kitchen to prepare food.... But aint men of this generation cooking even if there wife are @ home?...

The thing is that times have changed when fore fathers were alive things were diffrent and now things are also different ....

But if it was collecting the bride price from the bride is not good but if the bride wants to assit she can spend on the nessacrry things to be bought in the weeding ceremony. Like in my family grooms father pays the bride price of the groom so what is left is the arranging of the ceremony and that a wife can assit.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 13, 2013
Hw much is this bride prize sef?? In my town, 3k. So, even if he is a pauper, he can still afford it.

But, as for that long list, as an ibo girl that i am, i will defiantely help out financially.

Come on babes, what is love?? If you cnt share or help out??

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Rogo: 8:44am On Sep 13, 2013
Ladies n gentlemen is the responsibility of the man to pay the fixed amount for dowry and birth price stipulated by bride family or agreed by both families. If she wants to entertain entire Nigeria on her marriage day is left for her. Men in this house always learn to stand ur ground. Challenges are inevitable don't try to change things because of circustance. Thank u

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by OCTAVO: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2013
nyere84: Hw much is this bride prize sef?? In my town, 3k. So, even if he is a pauper, he can still afford it.

But, as for that long list, as an ibo girl that i am, i will defiantely help out financially.

Come on babes, what is love?? If you cnt share or help out??
Oh, God bless you lady. smiley
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Monicasque(f): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2013
if it means one has to pay their brideprice to be married. then i'll pass. i can help out financially when it comes to other matters but not pay my own brideprice m sorry m just not that desparate

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by pasqal09: 12:14pm On Sep 13, 2013
Hw much come b brideprice kwanu?
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Monicasque(f): 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
pasqal09: Hw much come b brideprice kwanu?

differes from one person to the other. Its the family which decides and non of the ppl getting married
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by interleukin(f): 10:34am On Sep 14, 2013
Am i mad? Cant do that o. Ah neva desperate reach like that. God no go gri make that kain thing happen anywhere near me not to talk of to me. If i'm paying my own bride price, it simply means i'm marrying myself. The so called guy cannot take care of me after marriage. That means, i(not me abeg)the lady would be the one providing food and take the mans responsibilty after the wedding. Biko, i dont have the bones for such responsibility. To start what i cant finish.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Sep 14, 2013
Lol anyway. True talk is that I wouldn't need her money in Jesus name. Plus shame no go let me collect am.

There are certain things u know?....
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Sep 14, 2013
Pride is at stake na cheesy
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by hoodboy(m): 11:08pm On Sep 14, 2013
Last time I checked ladies are still paying bride price in India, so to all you ladies saying Tufiakwa, give that a thought
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Kirinwa: 1:56am On Sep 15, 2013
To pay dowry NO!To finance or assist in white wedding OKAY.
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Nobody: 2:03am On Sep 15, 2013
I don't even want anyone paying for me. I'm not an object.

If I was in that situation sha, then I wouldn't see anything wrong in it, as long as the guy that I'm marrying has the qualities for which I've sought. He may not have the dowry then, but with a solid woman by his side and determination, he can make that dowry times 100 tomorrow. I'd rather marry someone who is man enough to come to me and say "I love you but I do not have enough for your dowry" anyway, especially if he's been trying to make it. That's not an easy thing to confess.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Kirinwa: 2:07am On Sep 15, 2013
ITbomb: If there is a man that would lower his pride and accept the money , no problem .
But for me , I won't
I would even prefer a scenario where the woman gives money to her 'friend' and encourage me (unknowingly) to borrow money from her 'friend' then both of us will pay back .
That way I know I'm borrowing on my terms and it is my money. Though this may be practically difficult

BORROW MONEY TO MARRY.YoU will use her as collateral. tongue
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Kirinwa: 2:10am On Sep 15, 2013
ogugua88: I don't even want anyone paying for me. I'm not an object.

If I was in that situation sha, then I wouldn't see anything wrong in it, as long as the guy that I'm marrying has the qualities for which I've sought. He may not have the dowry then, but with a solid woman by his side and determination, he can make that dowry times 100 tomorrow. I'd rather marry someone who is man enough to come to me and say "I love you but I do not have enough for your dowry" anyway, especially if he's been trying to make it. That's not an easy thing to confess.

Falls down from my bed. grin
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Fabulous36(f): 4:27pm On Sep 18, 2013
Hell NO
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Monicasque(f): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2013
50calibre:

You are in dreamland, just wait till grey hair and wrinkles begins to appear, you'd see the logic behind paying your own bride price.

I have seen up to three women who not only paid their dowries, but imported the man.

i would rather be in dreamland. when it comes to other financial matters i know myself i am not that much bad but brideprice is my pride as a woman so i can not. m sorry
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by HURUCHI(m): 5:10pm On Sep 19, 2013
Tonia500: What!!!!!! Even if he is the last man on earth and am sorrounded by apes.tufiakwa.

swt hrt becareful for what you wish for
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by UjSizzle(f): 5:35pm On Sep 19, 2013
Bride price is ridiculously cheap where I come from undecided any man who can't afford that...hmm... lipsrsealed
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by addictiv(m): 11:25pm On Sep 19, 2013
in imo state its now 10k.......am sure a brother can pretty much raise that without troubling the bride
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Jbluv55(m): 2:00am On Sep 20, 2013
I just dey observe. I suppose the bride-2b of the bride-2b is free to comment.......*books space*
Re: Ladies, Will You Give A Man Money To Pay Your Bride Price? by Stunner1(f): 2:10am On Sep 20, 2013
of course grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Pray U Marry The Last Person U Kissed Recently. Amen? Or God 4bid? / Photos: 15-year-old Girl Beaten & Stripped Naked By A Gang Of Young Girls / Why I Don't Have A Girlfriend.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.