Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:06 AM

How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! (17049 Views)

How To Buy Things From USA And Get It Here In Nigeria (part 2) / I Want To Buy Things From Amazon / How Can I Buy Things From America And Send It Down To Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 3:48pm On Aug 30, 2013
Want to show fellow Nairanlanders how to shop in America and have it delivered to your doorstep BY YOURSELF without going through any company or Agents.

Two major challenges encountered by Nigerians trying to buy goods from the US is

#1 Not having a Debit card accepted internationally and

#2 Not having a US address since most Merchants dont like shipping directly to Nigeria.

HOW TO GET AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED DEBIT CARD.

For those of you who already have Payoneer mastercard, there is no need applying for another. But if you dont already have, follow STRICTLY the steps below to get one.

Step 1, click on this link and click on apply to initiate the process of getting getting your card. http://share.payoneer-affiliates.com/a/clk/107FPq

NB: - you will need either international passport or driving licence or national ID card to apply so keep it handy.

- use ur laptop or computer to click on the link as it may not open on your BB or Android browser.

- make sure you provide valid info about yourself and while writing your address use this format:
Ur name
The adress
State
Country.

For instance if you are using your office address and the adress is
Sync computers
No 28 alao street
Egbeda
Lagos
Nigeria

Just remove the name of your working place and put your name instead and write it this way:

John Owusu,
No 28 alao street
Egbeda
Lagos
Nigeria.

Observe this strictly or it will be rejected! Dont use C/o also.

When your done with the application, you will be notified and your card will be sent in a month FREE OF CHARGE. Pls if you dont need this card, dont abuse it by applying since its free of charge.

HOW TO GET A US ADDRESS.

Visit http://www.myus.com/en/landing?aid=1003353 and click join.

Select the standard option and it costs only one time standard payment of $10. They accept GTbank naira mastercard and once you link it to your account, the naira equivalent of the $10 will be deducted from there at the current exchange rate at the time of transaction.

If you dont want to link your GT mastercard, you can wait for your payonner card to arrive, load it and you can now use it for myus. I strongly recommend this option. When you are done, a US adress will be given to you.

Finally, when you have all these and you want to shop for instance at Amazon, all you need do is to load your payoneer card from your GTb account, use it to pay for whatever you want, and when the column for you to enter your address comes up, enter the address given to you by MYus and when they recieve your goods, they will notify you via email and you then give them the nigeria adress to ship your stuff. They are reliable, have wonderful customer care and relationship, accredited in America and quite fast. They use DHL and i have recieved a laptop i once orderd within working days!

I will be pleased to answer any question as much as i can because This is a free info i'm not beign paid for

3 Likes

Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by incanto: 4:06pm On Aug 30, 2013
I clicked on the first link but its not opening. Did you post a wrong link?

Also, how do u load the payoneer card?
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 4:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
incanto: I clicked on the first link but its not opening. Did you post a wrong link?

Also, how do u load the payoneer card?

Nope its the right link. It will open only when you click the link with a laptop or pc that has moxilla firefox, chrome browser, or microsoft internet explorer. It may or maynot open on Android or Bb browsers.

you can load the card with your GTbank local account. i make use of GTb so i dont no weda u can load using other banks too
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by incanto: 4:15pm On Aug 30, 2013
oohk! Thanks so much for the info.
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by Bestlyf: 5:07pm On Aug 30, 2013
I really need this. Thanks.
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 5:25pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bestlyf: I really need this. Thanks.

Ur welcome. Information is power. Since i learnt this, i buy quality things i need from the US at cheaper price than its sold here and i dont use any middlemen or proxies to do that
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 7:11pm On Aug 30, 2013
I will still share tips on better ways to buy from big merchant US sites like Amazon, bestbuy, etc later here on this thread when im chanced!
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by Pyroclast(m): 7:49pm On Aug 30, 2013
How do u ship ur goods down here?
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 8:10pm On Aug 30, 2013
Pyroclast: How do u ship ur goods down here?

When you get a US adress from MyUs, the goods you buy in the US will be shipped to ur US address. MyUs will contact for a Nigerian address to ship your stuff. Hope that is clear enough
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 10:16pm On Aug 30, 2013
For the guy who sent me a PM, use your COMPUTER and click on the link it will open. The link for the Payoneer card is VALID
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by ariyebaba(m): 10:45pm On Aug 30, 2013
@ OP,thanks for d info. U r 1 in a 1,000,000. Hw do u buy from US @ cheap prices compare 2 local market prices ? Hw do i contact u ? I need more info................ Pliz send ur phone no to - harrybaba2005@yahoo.com. I look forward 2 receiving ur mail.
Thanks !
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by Lipso: 3:31am On Aug 31, 2013
mintyx: Want to show fellow Nairanlanders how to shop in America and have it delivered to your doorstep BY YOURSELF without going through any company or Agents.

Two major challenges encountered by Nigerians trying to buy goods from the US is

#1 Not having a Debit card accepted internationally and

#2 Not having a US address since most Merchants dont like shipping directly to Nigeria.

HOW TO GET AN INTERNATIONALLY ACCEPTED DEBIT CARD.

For those of you who already have Payoneer mastercard, there is no need applying for another. But if you dont already have, follow STRICTLY the steps below to get one.

Step 1, click on this link and click on apply to initiate the process of getting getting your card. http://share.payoneer-affiliates.com/a/clk/107FPq

NB: - you will need either international passport or driving licence or national ID card to apply so keep it handy.

- use ur laptop or computer to click on the link as it may not open on your BB or Android browser.

- make sure you provide valid info about yourself and while writing your address use this format:
Ur name
The adress
State
Country.

For instance if you are using your office address and the adress is
Sync computers
No 28 alao street
Egbeda
Lagos
Nigeria

Just remove the name of your working place and put your name instead and write it this way:

John Owusu,
No 28 alao street
Egbeda
Lagos
Nigeria.

Observe this strictly or it will be rejected! Dont use C/o also.

When your done with the application, you will be notified and your card will be sent in a month FREE OF CHARGE. Pls if you dont need this card, dont abuse it by applying since its free of charge.

HOW TO GET A US ADDRESS.

Visit http://www.myus.com/en/landing?aid=1003353 and click join.

Select the standard option and it costs only one time standard payment of $10. They accept GTbank naira mastercard and once you link it to your account, the naira equivalent of the $10 will be deducted from there at the current exchange rate at the time of transaction.

If you dont want to link your GT mastercard, you can wait for your payonner card to arrive, load it and you can now use it for myus. I strongly recommend this option. When you are done, a US adress will be given to you.

Finally, when you have all these and you want to shop for instance at Amazon, all you need do is to load your payoneer card from your GTb account, use it to pay for whatever you want, and when the column for you to enter your address comes up, enter the address given to you by MYus and when they recieve your goods, they will notify you via email and you then give them the nigeria adress to ship your stuff. They are reliable, have wonderful customer care and relationship, accredited in America and quite fast. They use DHL and i have recieved a laptop i once orderd within working days!

I will be pleased to answer any question as much as i can because This is a free info i'm not beign paid for

A million thanks,for this information. God Bless you.

1 Like

Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by karlxavier(m): 6:53am On Aug 31, 2013
Thanks @ †ђξ op but I want to ask a simple question. Does myus help someone to buy from eBay? How can someone without paypal shop from eBay? Thanks
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by bluerange(f): 7:27am On Aug 31, 2013
Averagely how much does MyUs charge to send a laptop down to Nigeria?
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by Tonjeola1(m): 7:45am On Aug 31, 2013
bluerange: Averagely how much does MyUs charge to send a laptop down to Nigeria?
you can do a pre-order on the site just to know the price, check the weight of the laptop you want to ship, myus will give you a quote, that does not mean you ve to pay, if you are ok with the price, then go ahead and use their service
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by arimahoseloka(m): 7:52am On Aug 31, 2013
pls what is a payoneer master card
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 9:49am On Aug 31, 2013
arimahoseloka: pls what is a payoneer master card

Payoneer is an international debit card that you can use to accept payments or make payments abroad. The Nigerian mastercard we have here have their limits and may not be accepted by some merchants abroad but everyone accepts payoneer mastercard
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 9:51am On Aug 31, 2013
karlxavier: Thanks @ †ђξ op but I want to ask a simple question. Does myus help someone to buy from eBay? How can someone without paypal shop from eBay? Thanks

Yeah they have personal shoppers who can help you do that but it goes with a little fee which can be charged from your mastercard
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 9:53am On Aug 31, 2013
ariyebaba: @ OP,thanks for d info. U r 1 in a 1,000,000. Hw do u buy from US @ cheap prices compare 2 local market prices ? Hw do i contact u ? I need more info................ Pliz send ur phone no to - harrybaba2005@yahoo.com. I look forward 2 receiving ur mail.
Thanks !

just sent you my number now
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 3:36pm On Aug 31, 2013
bluerange: Averagely how much does MyUs charge to send a laptop down to Nigeria?

Check thier website. Find out the weigh of the laptop and their website can give u an idea of the shipping costs but its not much i must tell you
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by gmcb: 12:47am On Sep 03, 2013
@OP, i appreciate your willingness to help by opening this thread. Av been shopping on ooon using my gtb naira mastercard and its been fine. However I av a challenge with sites that dont av Nigeria included in the dropdown of countries on their site. They only accept cards from USA. Will payoneer mastercard allow me make payment on such sites. The billing address attached to payoneer is it a US address.
Also how much ll I be charged whenver I load on my payoneer card?
Will i be charged when i make online payments on payoneer?
Is it a us billing address that is linked to the payoneer mastercard?
Are there any monthly maintenance charge for using the card?
Thanks in anticipation for ur response
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by Nobody: 1:50am On Sep 03, 2013
Great service.
You can also get a US Phone Number which is configured to ring on your Nigeria phone line when dialed.

It is done at this site UsaCallSms <dot> com

My 2cent

1 Like

Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mojid22000: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2013
good day all

thanks man

How much does myus charge shipping the goods to the nigerian address?
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2013
gmcb: @OP, i appreciate your willingness to help by opening this thread. Av been shopping on amazon using my gtb naira mastercard and its been fine. However I av a challenge with sites that dont av Nigeria included in the dropdown of countries on their site. They only accept cards from USA. Will payoneer mastercard allow me make payment on such sites. The billing address attached to payoneer is it a US address.
Also how much ll I be charged whenver I load on my payoneer card?
Will i be charged when i make online payments on payoneer?
Is it a us billing address that is linked to the payoneer mastercard?
Are there any monthly maintenance charge for using the card?
Thanks in anticipation for ur response

Payoneer mastercard is issued by a US bank so it should solve your problems. About how much they charge, when you apply for the card via ds link http://share.payoneer-affiliates.com/a/clk/107FPq click on "fees/pricing" to checkout thier charges. I bet you it better and cheaper than GTbank dollar mastercard!
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 12:19pm On Sep 03, 2013
mojid22000: good day all

thanks man

How much does myus charge shipping the goods to the nigerian address?

You can go to thier site and place a dummy weight of the good you want to buy and they will give you an idea of how much to pay http://www.myus.com/en/landing?aid=1003353
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 7:57pm On Sep 06, 2013
For those saying Amazon accept GTB card, i dont know about that but if they have started now then that is lovely. I use payoneer ANYWHERE online and it hasnt been rejected anywhere!
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by arbitrage: 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
karlxavier: Thanks @ †ђξ op but I want to ask a simple question. Does myus help someone to buy from eBay? How can someone without paypal shop from eBay? Thanks

I wrote a topic about this before. When you get to the point of checkout to pay by paypal, instead of logging in to your paypal account, choose to pay by credit card. A foreign card like paypal with a US address will do.
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by arbitrage: 11:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
mintyx: For those saying Amazon accept GTB card, i dont know about that but if they have started now then that is lovely. I use payoneer ANYWHERE online and it hasnt been rejected anywhere!

Yes, Amazon accepts GTB naira mastercard and other Nigerian cards. I have bought both small and big items this year using my Naira visa card and GTB naira mastercard. As for payoneer mastercard, how will you fund it regularly apart from initial allowed private funding? Also, payoneer will be rejected on a site that requires 3D security known as Mastercard securecode or Verified by Visa (VbV) as the company (Payoneer) told me yesterday that they do not offer that second layer/level of security.
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by kaze4blues(m): 6:33am On Sep 07, 2013
Can the usa address be used to process cash?.

How can one get a usa address to receive cash through western union

1 Like

Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by kaze4blues(m): 6:58am On Sep 07, 2013
Thanks OP...

I went to the registration page for the payoneer debit card. they require me to enter my info in latin language only even when the language I click to register is English.

Kindly help out
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 9:23am On Sep 07, 2013
kaze4blues: Can the usa address be used to process cash?.

How can one get a usa address to receive cash through western union

I dont know what you mean by " can the adress be used to process cash" If it is cash that requires US adress before it is beign sent then it can be used. Secondly, you dont need a USA adress to recieve westernUnion. You can recieve western union anywia in the world as long as western union has patner banks in that country.
Re: How To Buy Things From The US. And Get It Here In Nigeria!! by mintyx(m): 9:28am On Sep 07, 2013
arbitrage:

Yes, Amazon accepts GTB naira mastercard and other Nigerian cards. I have bought both small and big items this year using my Naira visa card and GTB naira mastercard. As for payoneer mastercard, how will you fund it regularly apart from initial allowed private funding? Also, payoneer will be rejected on a site that requires 3D security known as Mastercard securecode or Verified by Visa (VbV) as the company (Payoneer) told me yesterday that they do not offer that second layer/level of security.

Thanks for that clarification. I have used payonner on four different sites now and havent had any issues. I said that about GTB card cos it was cos of thier limitations as of last year that i had to opt for payoneer. I tried using it to shop at Amazon, but it was accepted initially but later rejected. But if it works now that is even better!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

6.6 Million Bvns Not Linked To Accounts – NIBSS / 6 Telecom Companies To Lose Operating Licences In Feb’2017 – NCC / Fire Razes Otowodo Market In Ughelli, Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.