Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,937 members, 7,817,747 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:29 PM

NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages (8513 Views)

How To Opt Out Of Unsolicited MTN SMS And Adds Yourself. / Don't Use Second-Hand Phones - NCC Warns / NCC Warns MTN, Airtel And Globacom Over Poor Quality Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Bash92(m): 5:12pm On Aug 30, 2013
The Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) has directed the Value Added Service (VAS) providers to send all unsolicited messages on the networks between 8.00am and 8.00pm.

The directive was contained in the `2013 2nd Quarter Enforcement Activities Report’ posted on the NCC Website.

The regulatory body said that sending such messages or telemarketing on their networks, during the stipulated hours, was in line with existing guidelines.

NCC also said that sticking to the stipulated period was necessary to ensure good service quality in the industry.

The telecoms umpire said that there had been increased consumer complaints regarding unsolicited SMS from the VAS providers marketing their various services.

“The commission has, therefore, developed a database of all VAS providers together with the Short-Codes used by them.

“This is a strategy to ensure direct engagement and monitoring of the activities of each licensed VAS provider,’’ NCC said.

NCC listed MTN Nigeria, Globacom, Upstream Ltd and Adnol Multimedia Ltd. as some of the service providers sending unsolicited messages.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports they also include Fun Mobile, Terragon Ltd, Rancard Mobility, Mtech Ltd, Elseji, Starfish Ltd, Next Generation Tele Solutions, One Communications Ltd., Cloud and Mobilexcetera.

“Warning letters have been sent to all VAS providers, directing that all unsolicited messages or telemarketing activities within the networks could be done from 8.00am to 8.00pm,’’ the commission said. (NAN)

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/ncc-warns-service-providers-on-unsolicited-messages/
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Bash92(m): 5:14pm On Aug 30, 2013
Good move, imaging been woke up in the middle of the night with an irrelevant message
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by yunglykmine(m): 5:28pm On Aug 30, 2013
ThankGod for that...
Expecting a text frm my babe only to check my phone to see a text frm 4040 or 3752. WTF!!!

13 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by asala1: 5:30pm On Aug 30, 2013
Bash92: Good move, imaging been woke up in the middle of the night with an irrelevant message
Happened to me last week, I couldn't get back to sleep until an hour later. It can be so annoying.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by AkinDavid2: 6:21pm On Aug 30, 2013
If they really gonna heed, it will save me from the silly messages. I keep switching off my phone overnight because of this.. cheesy
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by deeptesting(m): 6:33pm On Aug 30, 2013
Seriously, I am already planning on how to get signatures to drag MTN to court to stop them from sending unsolicited message to its subscribers..Imagine I was expecting a bank alert sms from a client to enable me go to the bank, I got more than 3 SMS and they were all from MTN....WTF! Is wrong with them.

2 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by AWONEYAN(m): 7:50am On Aug 31, 2013
A very good move by NCC,at last consumers are now free to enjoy their sleep,also they are educated that most of those short code vas sms ,are from third party operator licensed by NCC for VAS business,not mostly from MTN or other telecoms coy

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Nobody: 9:28am On Aug 31, 2013
[size=20pt]i dont want any message from MTN[/size]

7 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Youngzedd(m): 9:52am On Aug 31, 2013
deeptesting: Seriously, I am already planning on how to get signatures to drag MTN to court to stop them from sending unsolicited message to its subscribers..Imagine I was expecting a bank alert sms from a client to enable me go to the bank, I got more than 3 SMS and they were all from MTN....WTF! Is wrong with them.

Na short code biz guys.
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by israel007: 10:23am On Aug 31, 2013
As good as it sounds, instruct MTN to bring down the call tariff
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by OMG2013(m): 10:23am On Aug 31, 2013
Good move
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Dygeasy(m): 10:24am On Aug 31, 2013
asala1:
Happened to me last week, I couldn't get back to sleep until an hour later. It can be so annoying.
Why Should Your Message Tone Be Loud Enough To Wake You Up From Your Sleep?

You're From Which Village?

10 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by mosho2good: 10:24am On Aug 31, 2013
My end time tinz guys will soon come and say
robbish.
If someone buy a new car, end time tinz
If someone build a new house, end time tinz.
If someone travels out of d country end time tinz.
If someone married a beautiful wife end time tinz.
Wen are u guys going to say new time tinz.
Or
Is it because we don't have anyting like new time
tinz.

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by fitzmayowa: 10:26am On Aug 31, 2013
Na wa oooo
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by mukhcech(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2013
I don't want any message at all even in the Day, Nah battery e dey waste way, Kuma their is no Light.

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Nobody: 10:27am On Aug 31, 2013
pls Friends incase you see X or Y pls pm me my lecturer asked me to find it thanks

God will bless you

2 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Natasha2(f): 10:32am On Aug 31, 2013
Thank God imagine no one called me for two days when my phone eventually rang it was 4040 I no fit vex. GLo text message na d worse.

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by javadoctor(m): 10:32am On Aug 31, 2013
I thot I wuz the only one pissed,I sent cancel to unsubsrbe frm the ones dat were possible,the rest I jes deleted them. The pain Is too much

2 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by legendprac(m): 10:33am On Aug 31, 2013
They should also tell them to send @ most an sms a day...... Just saying 8am-8pm isn't enough because they can decide to triple d no of msgs they send provided it's within the stipulated time frame....

2 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by omozuat(m): 10:38am On Aug 31, 2013
person no even fit diffretiate btw MTN useless mesage and useful credit alert frm bank

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by naijaobi(m): 10:44am On Aug 31, 2013
But dem don graduate from sms since nah... Na call dem dey call nw o.. And na airtel dey rank first for dat one...
Abeg NCC mek una look into d call own.. Before person go mistakingly pick call wey go mek am disappear. cheesy

15 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by casiello(m): 10:45am On Aug 31, 2013
Dygeasy: Why Should Your Message Tone Be Loud Enough To Wake You Up From Your Sleep?

You're From Which Village?
Why should you ask which village he's from just because his text message tone is loud, how the hell is that a problem if an individual chooses a loud text ringtone, just explain to me, how is that a problem? Infact who are you to question his village based on his text message volume?

15 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Nonybb: 10:56am On Aug 31, 2013
Infact i am getting tire of all these stvpid irrelevant msg popping up on my phone every minute, if only VAS will knw that i dont even got to open and read it before deleting them, better 4 them
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by duality(m): 10:57am On Aug 31, 2013
Globacom has debited my account several times with these unsolicited nonsense. I will stop using their network when such happens again.

I'm not bluffing angry
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by tosinjoe(m): 10:57am On Aug 31, 2013
Sighs of relief
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Paschal007: 11:06am On Aug 31, 2013
casiello: You're simply an idio.t for asking which village he's from just because his text message tone is loud, how the hell is that a problem if an individual chooses a loud text tone, just explain to me, how is that a problem? Infact who are you to question his village based on his text message volume? You're simply an idio.t.

Na fight? cheesy
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Sitex(m): 11:12am On Aug 31, 2013
casiello: You're simply an idio.t for asking which village he's from just because his text message tone is loud, how the hell is that a problem if an individual chooses a loud text tone, just explain to me, how is that a problem? Infact who are you to question his village based on his text message volume? You're simply an idio.t.
d aggression and exchange of verbal firepower in this forum makes me wanna think...dem dey pay una?¿? Nawao, if u channel all ds energy towards fruitful ventures I'm sure the world will celebrate you and your family will respect u more.
Abeg calm down with the bantering ehh!

7 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 31, 2013
Abubakar from kano won a playstation
You have received a FREE gift of 7 yoruba proverbs, text YES to claim it
Silverbird gave out 7 ipads.... Chai! MTN has suffered me no be small!!

In. Your. Face. Suckers!!! tongue tongue

13 Likes

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by hrykanu231(m): 11:26am On Aug 31, 2013
I had issues wif some1 some days back ma account was credited and I didn't bother to check the alert because but prior 2 that time I had like 4 sms from Mtn that I had bn selected for bla bla bla and it expires 11:59pm. When the person called 2 knw why I had not made supplies despite the cash bn paid. I didn't knw what 2 say...over vex worry me dat day

1 Like

Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by unmask: 11:27am On Aug 31, 2013
It should be stopped period
Re: NCC Warns Service Providers On Unsolicited Messages by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:29am On Aug 31, 2013
SMS at night? My phone is always when I dont want any call and sms or email alert and this is most in the night.

I think NCC should completely scrap this promo and useless network sms and calls. This service should only be provided to those that subscribe for it. Imaging I didn't subscribe for caller tune, promo alert, games and service lotterys and I receive this message everytime flooding my box. These whole should be stop

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Configure Mtn Browsing / Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone / Police Arresting Guys With Opera Mini/mod On Their Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.