Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:25 AM

11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics (30195 Views)

10 Year Old Nigerian Girl Accepted In Uk University To Study Maths Degree / Students Caught In PDA At Babcock University To Be Punished - School Memo / Redeemers University To Suspend 22 Students For Not Attending Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 7:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
11 years? wow!
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by delors(m): 7:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
infonubia: People, we've got a genius!

Carson Huey-You, an 11-year-old is among the new class of undergrads at Texas Christian University – adjusting to college life, finding the right buildings, settling in for those easy core classes.

Around the time when most kids are playing with jacks and baseball cards, young Huey-You will be taking university-level courses among teenagers and young adults. And it won't just be any class load. The boy, who scored a 1770 on his SAT, speaks Mandarin Chinese and plays the piano, will be studying nothing less than quantum physics.

His mom, Claretta, says her son had intense focus as an infant. By the age of one, he could read. By five, he was doing pre-algebra. Calculus, he says, relaxes him.

If he graduates as his parents expect, in four to five years, Carson will have a college diploma before or at the same time he gets his driver’s license.

What were you doing at 11? I was in secondary school - FGC Kano, hiding from those wicked seniors..lol

http://www.infonubia.com/2013/08/11-year-old-boy-admitted-to-university.html

grin grin grin grin This is the funniest sentence I have read in a while...I was practically doing the same at that time...those bad seniors. maybe na dem no make me brilliant well well self at 11yo
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Pdizzle(m): 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
Guru..nice one
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by ajasa4link: 7:22pm On Aug 31, 2013
And to think Nigerian universities will specifically spell it out in their post utme advert that "candidate must have attained 16years of age before September 20"...most Nigerian universities are guilty of this.. By the way, at 11 I was in jss 1...as calculus relaxing him,Chai! I scored 42(E) in that course in 100level after burning so many candles and refusing to sleep(before u call me olodo, only 10 people passed it in my dept and I was one of them)
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by slap1(m): 7:23pm On Aug 31, 2013
Special kid he is.
At the age of six, I could read and write fairly well in English and Igbo.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by donted(m): 7:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
At age 11 I was in primary 5 trying to differentiate capital letter from small letter. That's quantum English all na d same. grin

1 Like

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Rexsul: 7:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
embarassed
Venus2.0:

but bros talk true, at age five u fit spell ur name? sad
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by hod898(m): 7:27pm On Aug 31, 2013
A-town:
SAT na poraro juh, make d guy come do jamb. If he get 300 without expo, I go respect am
keep on deceiving yourself! SAT exams is by far more logical than our Jamb exams. Try out their Critical Reading section and you will know what's up.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by koladebrainiac(m): 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
am sure its not his dad thats pushing hard . another bad side is his ability to handle reality . people like him end up turning a sadistic and making society wish he never exist. another is having brain tumor and later in life develop amnesia . please,don't hate me,am only exploring the negative side of this good news. its good thing ,but sometimes,guy be grateful that you are retarded,you may pass 102 years un noticed rather than 45 years and scandalized . sarcasm.lol
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by engroke(m): 7:29pm On Aug 31, 2013
Big4wig: I dey come make i piss

*couldnt hold it,mistakenly PISS ON THREAD*
Laugh.....fall from iroko tree still laughing, mistakenly press my boss bosom all because of laugh
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
Now 've found the greatest love of all..Majesty..X2...Ur grace has found me just as i am

The Strike can go on Till whenever
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by 3Dimension: 7:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Meanwhile in Nigeria.a 13 yrs old flew from benin to lagos hiding in d tire compartment of a plane of about an hour.

2 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Fab4succex: 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
God is Great.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by 4just: 7:35pm On Aug 31, 2013
is there something specialwith the name "Carson"? Ben carson,[/b]and now here we have another name
[b]Carson huey-you.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by GraceEzeh(f): 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
Same with me o
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by destino24(m): 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
chygoz3: Me I try small sha. At 11, I dey enter jss3.

same over here
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by ajasa4link: 7:40pm On Aug 31, 2013
Chikeziehosan: Now 've found the greatest love of all..Majesty..X2...Ur grace has found me just as i am...

At age 17+...
Jamb doing me strong thing
hopefully this is my Last...
We don tay 4 Jamb hall no b today

First time i heard of Calculus i was in JSS3 12 years..

3 years Stronger now

I know I'll get there

Harvard 1 day
So help me God

P.S when is FUTO releasing List..they are wasting my time..IMSU gan av not released Result

The Strike can go on Till whenever
u never gain admission and u dey pray make ASUU strike go on? Na OYO u dey o,Na u go suffer pass o
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by slimdiggi: 7:42pm On Aug 31, 2013
4just: is there something specialwith the name "Carson"? Ben carson,[/b]and now here we have another name
[b]Carson huey-you.
will like to name my child the name ooo,but wait make I go check the meaning o but before it means 'devil's love child'
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 7:43pm On Aug 31, 2013
ARareGem:

Guy, talk true- how many times JAMB jam you? grin

You got jokes. During my days, no one scored anything close to 300. I wrote jamb twice. Once in ss2 and once in ss3. Jamb didn't show me. My score wasn't super high but was enough to gain admission for medicine/engr without connections. The kid may be smart but then again SAT only tests your verbal and quantitative reasoning. There are a bunch of African kids that will score close to what this kid had in SAT. Unless he took the subject test SAT, I won't give it much weight. I aint trying to shit on the child, i'm just saying. The kid is smart, YES, I just needed to point out that SAT does not measure nada
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by kennosklint(m): 7:44pm On Aug 31, 2013
make he cum Nigeria.:/
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
hod898:
keep on deceiving yourself! SAT exams is by far more logical than our Jamb exams. Try out their Critical Reading section and you will know what's up.

That you find reading difficult does not make it difficult for every one. Na me say make you go dey play table soccer when all your friends they read novels when dem dey young? No need to argue. JAMB is harder than SAT. Everyone knows this. SAT wey people dey tear like pure water.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by yame014: 7:46pm On Aug 31, 2013
So d plenty form of calculator na calculus...before before i dey think say na calculators o...
chai, oga seun u do well for dis nland o, plenty plenty thingz i don know now o...

wetin dey dea sef...Me sef sabi operate calculator at age 5 na...but wait o, so tu*sh secondary schs don dey name themselves university...wonders sha never end o
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Jhydey192(m): 7:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
seriously guys wait o

end time tins aswear
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 7:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
we were taught in our EDU 203 about 'gifted children' but i still do not believe any of those things.

I mean: for a child to be able to read, he first needs to know the 26 letters in the english alphabet. He cannot do this if he cannot

1. Identify shapes and differentiate one from the other. Letters are basically shapes.

2. Sound distinct syllable so as to say something coherent and understandable

i do not think a child, no matter the genius in him, can do the two above before the age one.

Before he could read, he also should be able to put two or three alphabets together to form words and also be a able to pronounce them. A child CANT read before the age of 1

2 Likes

Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by timpaker(m): 7:52pm On Aug 31, 2013
At age 11 I was in JSS 3 (I JUST FINISHED JUNIOR WAEC)
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 7:53pm On Aug 31, 2013
druid06: This is nice.

It's been so long since we've had a positive news on FP. Maybe the young chap would turn out to be the next Steve Hawkins and help unlock the mystery surrounding our galaxy/universe.

MODS, this is the kind of information needed to be displayed on the frontpage.

angry angryDude u see what u caused?!!! who told you Nairalanders know who Steve Hawkins is? some Nairalander Chik just said he is the guy who invented the Iphone!!! angry angry
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Phonon: 7:55pm On Aug 31, 2013
Even Schrödinger and Heisenberg would roll in their grave.We were cracking our head in school at what age trying to understand wave functions and this boy is doing it at an age his mates are still getting bullied.#smiles# Kudos to him.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
He's a genius. @ age 11 I was in JSS2, am the genius of my family too. But I don't relax with mathematics, I cry when I see them.....
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
This boy is nothing but a 'wizard'! Quantum Physics is arguably the toughest branch of Physics. The course gave me nightmares because it is way too abstract. Ket,Bra, Perturbation Theory, Eigenstates and values, particle in a box,WKB method..the list is endless.
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by OmerianConsult: 8:01pm On Aug 31, 2013
One or both of his parents must be a genius/geniuses. Intellectual prowess is hereditary!
Re: 11-year-old Boy Admitted To The University To Study Quantum Physics by Nobody: 8:04pm On Aug 31, 2013
souldust: we were taught in our EDU 203 about 'gifted children' but i still do not believe any of those things.

I mean: for a child to be able to read, he first needs to know the 26 letters in the english alphabet. He cannot do this if he cannot

1. Identify shapes and differentiate one from the other. Letters are basically shapes.

2. Sound distinct syllable so as to say something coherent and understandable

i do not think a child, no matter the genius in him, can do the two above before the age one.

Before he could read, he also should be able to put two or three alphabets together to form words and also be a able to pronounce them. A child CANT read before the age of 1

It's all theory! Trust me I started reading at age one.

Source: My mum! My dad did the teaching every weekend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Application For Admission Into Federal Government Unity Schools 2016 Is Ongoing / Lightning Kills Female Student On Exam Day In Lagos / 10 Things You Should Do Before Your Final Year In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.