Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,216 members, 7,829,358 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

Do Women Like House-husbands? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Women Like House-husbands? (12538 Views)

How Many Ladies Can Act Like This Lady If They Catch Their Husbands Cheating? / Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / ‘House Husbands’ More Prone To Infidelity –Study (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by antartica(m): 6:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
Women sometimes prefers the hard to get guy,the one that gives them heartache.The good ones to them come cheap.

They don't seem to know what they want.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Ngokafor(f): 6:27pm On Sep 02, 2013
It's a big NO from me...househusband??..what on earth for??even if he lost his job(which is the only logical explaination why a healthy male will decide to be a sit-at-home -dad) and is the hands-on type,i would rather not saddle him with the domestic chores cos it will inevitably lead to additional frustrations on his part since he's not making money anymore.I cant imagine being a housewife myself cos i loveee financial independence to the boot. ....btw i am crazy about hands-on husbands anyday,but i'd rather prefer to call the shots in the home front non-the-less.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by antartica(m): 7:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Anybody that can't fend for him or herself in helpless.A situation when you don't have your own source of income coming directly you is a situation tha you grounded,it doesn't matter whether you are a man or woman.

1 Like

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by NellyGhenghen(m): 7:13pm On Sep 02, 2013
Okija_juju: Me?! House husband?!

SHEEEEEEEETTTT wat happened to this guys hairline grin wtf
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by dayokanu(m): 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2013
So what happened to sexuall equality campaign?

If a woman can sit at home, then a man too should be able to sit at home for equality?
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by beejaay: 7:35pm On Sep 02, 2013
personally i wanna retire fully before i get married. am planning on retiring at age 33 maximum. i wanna travel the world with my wife, i wanna have all the time for my kids if i am ever blessed with any, so yes i wanna be a househusband
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by souljay: 8:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
Dont usually comment but dis topic is giving me a kick.House husband? Havent u seen many husbands dat will dress up in a suit n tie like Robin Thicke and leave d house early momo to a jab dat doesnt exist?(obalende only 20 naira etc)or d worst to do modernized slavery in d bank,earning 18k per month or less?If d man can call d shots from d convinience of his living room den dat shud be commended.It doesnt make him any less d boss .As long as he handles his responsibilities, then all shud be well.Cookin and cleaning is not his duty,unless he feels like lendin a hand in da kitchen.Women were designed by God to be a helper write from Genesis to Revelation. Dats why men dont have mammary glands.Your wife na CBN governor,she is to busy dats why ur breastfeedin d baby?So stop switchin roles in d name of modern day love/romance ish.
(A MAN DAT CANT PROVIDE FOR HIS FAM IS WORSE DAN AN INFIDEL)CASE CLOSED

1 Like

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by oxyG: 8:49pm On Sep 02, 2013
Omo_Alata: I don't mind having a househusband, it is still a very hard job at the end of the day. I don't see it as being lazy at all. There are many factors that go into it. If I have a job where my earning potential is higher than his plus I have a very nice health insurance package to go with it, then it will be more realistic for him to stay home with the children.
If he does,he don die be that.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by ubcandid(m): 9:08pm On Sep 02, 2013
Kanwulia: If I don like to be a HOUSEWIFE, a HOUSEHUSBAND would irritate me even more!!! I like my men PROFESSIONALLY and gainfully-EMPLOYED!!! kiss
every one mustn't be ''employed'' people stay at home and stack inn millions these days, people work in an oil company retire at 33 to start business, being your own boss is a security.
the world is constantly changing from the status quo
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by markstar(f): 9:19pm On Sep 02, 2013
I really don't agree wit a man bein a house husband,I see it as a lazy man's doin, a man dat dsnt want to work but wants to enjoys it all because 'A'he won't do d cookin,d woman wil stil do dat 'B'he won't do d laundry,d woman wil stil do dat 'C'he won't kip d house clean and do oda house chores,d woman wil stil do all dat,and still provide d finance. And after all dat hard work Ɣ☺ΰ stil cm home to service him in bed wit all Ʊя̲̅ tiredness and evrytin. So who da hell Eva said dat a house husband was a gud idea?wen all he wil Eva do is just help Ɣ☺ΰ watch d kids frm getin injured or somtin and feeds dem finish. And if d man wants to b bad sef,wit Ʊя̲̅ money d guy go stil Dε̲̣̣̣̥γ arrange himself wit one chikito out they,because y? He has all d time Йą. Mtcheeeeeeeeews,house husband my ASS.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by ubcandid(m): 9:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
not every body must work for someone to own his/her own company my dear, bill gate did not work for anyone, mark zuckerberg did not.
The problem is that people who did not adapt well into the computer revolutionising 21st century think about shell, mobil and blue chip firms, the world is changing, the adverts and cartoons your children are watching day and night are done by people at sky rocketing prices,the Nairaland every successful business in Nigeria is trying to advertise on is own by one person, i can go on and on.
Amaaskia: A house husband? Hell NO!

A man has to have a good job, focus on his dreams and with my help work towards achieving those dreams and giving our family a wonderful life.
House husbands don't have dreams? What would they dream about? Bathing the kids? Going shopping? Ah!

A man who works, has a focus on his job and dreams. Has dreams of owning his own company, works hard, plays hard, and remains the head. (My kinda man)

House-husbands rarely remain the head.
Biko I want a man who is in charge, not a man I can kick around.
Wanna be in charge? Pay the bills, work hard, provide for your family and of course love and cherish your family. cheesy grin

*catwalks away*
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by markstar(f): 9:29pm On Sep 02, 2013
ubcandid:
every one mustn't be ''employed'' people stay at home and stack inn millions these days, people work in an oil company retire at 33 to start business, being your own boss is a security.
the world is constantly changing from the status quo
If d man is self employed and want to stay hm and run his biz den its understandable, nt me goin out to work while he stays home and me havin to finance d home. If he stays hm to do biz and dos he manly duty of takin care of d home den its nt said to b a house husband,he is only doin his biz frm home.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by ubcandid(m): 9:44pm On Sep 02, 2013
from my experience in life, i have always wondered why rich people keep on wedding themselves and i found out that most of the poor girls find it hard to be financially independent and see a man as a FINANCIAL MESSIAH, but rich girls most times dont reason that way. My dear females here please and please DONT MISTAKE KNOWLEDGE FOR WISDOM, the fact that someone gets up every day and do what he or she is trained to do and gets promoted does not make him a hard working or wise man, it is adaptation, u see people graduate with 2.2 and when put in practical field surpass the most academically brilliant. sharpness and wisdom lies in the brain, the tools, gadgets, products and utilities you are enjoying today actually had someone sit down for close to three months brain storming and working , thinking of the future and how the end users would react to his product, now after successfully designing the body of an ipad or innovation, a new application e.t.c that took me 3 months to invent, you expect me to go and sit down in an office, sign documents,check who is doing his job well, answer phone calls, review logs. come on noooooooooooooooooooooooo.
U guys should use ur brains, someone designed the cover of jay z's album and pocketed millions of dollars, someone is producing and collecting royalties. they have to sit down, relax and think of it.
even multi national companies buy ideas from scientist and innovators, the companies working team finds a way to implement them.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by damiso(f): 10:59pm On Sep 02, 2013
bukatyne:

I have come to realize that at the end of the day, it is the people in it who really matters.

Let's assume Tunde is a 'househusband' and Shade is ok with it, what is the concern of the neighbors? Which of them will really walk up to shade or Tunde? What is the business of the family If neither Shade or Tunde make it theirs?

If Tunde works all day, 'people' will talk
If Tunde works online @ home, 'people' will talk
If Tunde is a full 'husband', 'people' will talk
If Tunde earns well, 'people' will talk
If Tunde doesn't earn well, 'people' will talk

So why should they concern themselves about what 'people' say?

I soo understand what you mean by people will always talk whatever you do so one really live one's life based on what we think is right and what works for a couple. On this same family section people have called SAHM (stay at home mums) choice names like liability, lazy, alabodo etc etc.Even when sometimes its a couple that decided for the woman to stay home for a while to take care of the kids? What is anybody business esp if they are not asking anyone to pay their bills and are happy with the arrangement? So why should it suddenly now be what works for a couple when its the man?

If I and my husband agree to something (currently in that phase where even my mother is puzzled) its our home..Whether we like it or not some people are influenced by outside influences in their marriages.Especially in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by gerald09(m): 11:25pm On Sep 02, 2013
White folks tinz! A real black man aint no house husband he won't stop his woman from bringing in little money to d house but heek NO common y u fick we gat bigger DYKs!
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by gerald09(m): 11:26pm On Sep 02, 2013
White folks tinz! A real black man aint no house husband he won't stop his woman from bringing in little money to d house but heek NO common y u fick we gat bigger DYKs!
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by macdelene(m): 6:26am On Sep 03, 2013
God forbid bad tin.End time Tinzzz
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 6:32am On Sep 03, 2013
ubcandid: not every body must work for someone to own his/her own company my dear, bill gate did not work for anyone, mark zuckerberg did not, even me did not.
The problem is that people who did not adapt well into the computer revolutionising 21st century think about shell, mobil and blue chip firms, the world is changing, the adverts and cartoons your children are watching day and night are done by people at sky rocketing prices,the Nairaland every successful business in Nigeria is trying to advertise on is own by one person, i can go on and on.

Erm how about you save your explanations for someone who actually needs em?

A company? A family company, my wants- my dreams. What I want my man to build etc.
I know what I want okay? Save ya tips!
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 6:36am On Sep 03, 2013
y-fo:

never settle for less....however, with our current environment u might need a djinni to make your dream man a reality wink

Haha @ 'djinni'.
My dear, my man is capable cheesy grin.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by oluamid(m): 8:13am On Sep 03, 2013
And the man will be like "Honey welcome," *takes hand-bag* "Hope the office wasn't too stressful today? What would you like to have for dinner?"

shocked
Ko jor FC. grin
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by jantavanta(m): 8:48am On Sep 03, 2013
Simply call him a Homemaker
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 9:47am On Sep 03, 2013
damiso:

I soo understand what you mean by people will always talk whatever you do so one really live one's life based on what we think is right and what works for a couple. On this same family section people have called SAHM (stay at home mums) choice names like liability, lazy, alabodo etc etc.Even when sometimes its a couple that decided for the woman to stay home for a while to take care of the kids? What is anybody business esp if they are not asking anyone to pay their bills and are happy with the arrangement? So why should it suddenly now be what works for a couple when its the man?

If I and my husband agree to something (currently in that phase where even my mother is puzzled) its our home..Whether we like it or not some people are influenced by outside influences in their marriages.Especially in Nigeria.

Well,

It is 'people's' right to comment and try to influence you...
It's your right to resist their influence and live your life as you want it.

The truth is that about 80% of the people trying to influence you probably have it worse in their homes. Some people like to live their dream lives through other people.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 9:49am On Sep 03, 2013
oluamid: And the man will be like "Honey welcome," *takes hand-bag* "Hope the office wasn't too stressful today? What would you like to have for dinner?"

shocked
Ko jor FC. grin

And what is wrong in that?

Women who do such for their husbands, are they fools?

What is actually wrong in welcoming someone who comes to meet you at home?

What if the hubby closes earlier than the wife, will the wife still welcome him?

1 Like

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by oluamid(m): 10:10am On Sep 03, 2013
bukatyne:

And what is wrong in that?

Women who do such for their husbands, are they fools?

What is actually wrong in welcoming someone who comes to meet you at home?

What if the hubby closes earlier than the wife, will the wife still welcome him?

The only thing wrong with it is that it's a man doing it. There was a reason man was created first. I love women and I can do all manner of things for my women but I can't switch roles with them. nah. not happening.
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by Nobody: 10:19am On Sep 03, 2013
Why are people on this thread talking writing like stack illiterates? The OP said the said husband WORKS and EARNS good money from Home! Which sane woman doesn't want a man that can earn mega bucks from home and at the same time be very involved in the home Front? As for me, that will be the best thing that can ever happen to Me!

1 Like

Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by bukatyne(f): 11:06am On Sep 03, 2013
oluamid:

The only thing wrong with it is that it's a man doing it. There was a reason man was created first. I love women and I can do all manner of things for my women but I can't switch roles with them. nah. not happening.

Where in the Bible was it written that a woman is to welcome her husband irrespective of who comes home first?

Can you quote a Bible passage that clearly defined gender roles?

There is also a reason God created animals and plants first.

You can do all manner of things for your 'women?' You have multiple women at a time?
\
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by ladyamabel: 3:23pm On Sep 03, 2013
devour129: N0 ! I tot its a mans world ? What's the man doing inside the house when he should be out exploring the world in terms of hustling ? Please men know your place and women know your place.
my dear a man nt hustlin does nt make it a womans world or less of a mans world. Whn a man is incharge of his home nd there is peace nd understandin in tht home, then he is truly a man(my kind of man). We re nw in a Global villa, nd it takes a more intelligent man to work frm home, nt everyman is tht brilliant.
Plus it turns me on whn I see my husband wrk frm home wit reasonable income 2 show 4 it. He takes I nd d kids out a lot u knw?
Hmm sweet
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by oluamid(m): 10:57pm On Sep 03, 2013
bukatyne:

Where in the Bible was it written that a woman is to welcome her husband irrespective of who comes home first?

Can you quote a Bible passage that clearly defined gender roles?

There is also a reason God created animals and plants first.

You can do all manner of things for your 'women?' You have multiple women at a time?
\

As a typical Nigerian am going to answer your questions with questions.

1. When/where did I say a woman must always greet a man?

2. Why do I need to quote biblical passages? Did I at any point mention the bible?

3. Yeah. I have "multiple women" in my life. My sisters, my mum, and my fiancée. Are they not my women?
Re: Do Women Like House-husbands? by mumumugu(m): 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2017
reread

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need Help: Degenerate Older Brother Traumatizing Parents / Is It Wise To Allow Our Kids To Speak Pidgin English? / Happy Birthday To Family Section's World Famous Leapling (CHAIRCOVER)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.