Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 - Sports (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 (90470 Views)

Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing / WCQ: Kenya vs Nigeria - (2-3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by honeric01(m): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
Scun: ^^^ Libya new nothing about what happened between Cameroon and Togo, now they are suffering for it, they've clearly been the best team in that group. Ghana almost got knocked out because Zambia were give free 3 points, no fault of Ghana's, Tunisia who thought they'd qualified are on the verge of being knocked out, courtesy of free 6 points given to Cape Verde. Would Cape Verde have beaten EQ Guinea home and away even if the didn't field ineligible players?

Then the countries affected should protest against this rubbish. This is a group qualifyer involving 4 teams, why influence the points of only 2 teams when every decision affects all 4 teams?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by tbaba1234: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
CAF is incompetent that is why.. They need to get their records straight. These boardroom points are hurting teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Sep 07, 2013
Cape Verde have done it!! They beat Tunisia 2-0
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by sCun: 9:52pm On Sep 07, 2013
CFCfan: Cape Verde have done it!! They beat Tunisia 2-0
Hahaha Saintfiet will be seriously searching as I am typing this. Boardroom points dey sweet o!
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 9:58pm On Sep 07, 2013
Scun: Hahaha Saintfiet will be seriously searching as I am typing this. Boardroom points dey sweet o!

Even at that, some bribes will be made to the Malawian FA to stop their petition grin grin. FIFA wouldn't want to hurt Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by sCun: 10:05pm On Sep 07, 2013
Kudos to Cape Verde though, FIFA gave them a lifeline and they grabbed it with both hands. Winning away at Tunisia isn't easy. As for Tunisia, what happened to them? Where they demoralized or what? Ethiopia had the same problem but still managed to maintain their hold at the top of the table, maybe because they didn't play their direct rivals South Africa. I just pray Libya stuns Cameroon away, they deserve it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by sCun: 10:09pm On Sep 07, 2013
Senegal vs Uganda ongoing, neutral ground, winner takes all!
Senegal's Dakar stadium was banned because of crowd trouble and they had to take the match to a neutral ground? No other stadium in their country?
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by tbaba1234: 10:10pm On Sep 07, 2013
Scun: Senegal vs Uganda ongoing, neutral ground, winner takes all!
Senegal's Dakar stadium was banned because of crowd trouble and they had to take the match to a neutral ground? No other stadium in their country?

It is punishment for failing to provide security, what is the guarantee of security in another stadium.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 10:12pm On Sep 07, 2013
Scun: ^^^ Libya new nothing about what happened between Cameroon and Togo, now they are suffering for it, they've clearly been the best team in that group. Ghana almost got knocked out because Zambia were give free 3 points, no fault of Ghana's, Tunisia who thought they'd qualified are on the verge of being knocked out, courtesy of free 6 points given to Cape Verde. Would Cape Verde have beaten EQ Guinea home and away even if the didn't field ineligible players?

Br0s, that is the new ish in african football. **Permit me to use this scenario** what prevents/prevented Zambia from bribing sudanese sporting authorities to field in an unqualified player in 0rder to get 3 p0ints? Why should c0untries wh0 follow the rules get punished?..... If there must be punishment, there must be a rule that the Team with the "clean sheet" sh0uld not be affected** instead of 3p0ints, why n0t make it one? Especially when the beneficiarry teams l0st the Match.
Mark This Space** This is Africa and this l00phole will be used in full f0rce in 0ther qualifications.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Sep 07, 2013
Scun: Senegal vs Uganda ongoing, neutral ground, winner takes all!

That could be pure over-reaction from CAF and FIFA, or it could be that the other Senegalese stadia were totally unfit to host FIFA matches
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 10:19pm On Sep 07, 2013
tbaba1234:

It is punishment for failing to provide security, what is the guarantee of
security in another stadium.

The guarantee is that there will be minimal fanatic fans wh0 will make Trouble! In this case, the H0st country will be bribed to watch the Match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by sCun: 10:22pm On Sep 07, 2013
GhanaBa:

Br0s, that is the new ish in african football. **Permit me to use this scenario** what prevents/prevented Zambia from bribing sudanese sporting authorities to field in an unqualified player in 0rder to get 3 p0ints? Why should c0untries wh0 follow the rules get punished?..... If there must be punishment, there must be a rule that the Team with the "clean sheet" sh0uld not be affected** instead of 3p0ints, why n0t make it one? Especially when the beneficiarry teams l0st the Match.
Mark This Space** This is Africa and this l00phole will be used in full f0rce in 0ther qualifications.
I said it in a previous post that the rule can be manipulated to be a new form of match fixing. It needs to be reviewed ASAP!
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by sCun: 10:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
CFCfan:

That could be pure over-reaction from CAF and FIFA, or it could be that the other Senegalese stadia were totally unfit to host FIFA matches
I am thinking it's the later, might be wrong though.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by chidexy(m): 11:07pm On Sep 07, 2013
Scun: Yes o, They've caused a big upset by beating Tunisia away (not yet over)
Updated list
seeded teams based on August Fifa rankings will be:
Cote d'Ivoire
Ghana
Algeria
Nigeria
Burkina Faso
Unseeded teams
Egypt
Cameroon
Cape Verde
Senegal
Ethiopia
I'll take Cameroon

Seeding will be based purely on FIFA ranking in September. At the moment, Nigeria is ranked 4th in Africa and should we loose or draw our next match (friendly) against Burkina Faso on Tuesday, we might likely drop out of the first 5 places. As things stand now, Cape Verde will leap-frog us when the next ranking is out to 3rd or 4th position in Africa, even if we win our next friendly against Burkina Faso. So the possible pairing would be:
Pot 1
CIV
Ghana
Algeria
Nigeria
Cape Verde

Pot 2
Burkina Faso
Cameroon (likely to overcome Libya tomorrow)
Egypt
Senegal (leading Uganda by 1-0 with 2 minutes left to play)
Ethiopia

FIFA and CAF are going to rig the pairing to ensure that West African countries play each other as much as possible, and 1 or 2 north African country is given an opportunity to qualify. So the possible pairings for the knock out stage would be:
CIV vs Cameroon
Ghana vs B/Faso
Algeria vs Ethiopia
Nigeria vs Senegal and
Cape Verde vs Egypt

A slight variation might be Ghana playing Senegal while Nigeria will take on B/Faso, else, it's likely to remain as above
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by mamagee3(f): 11:21pm On Sep 07, 2013
I was expecting Nigeria to win and they did. . .

I love the super eagles!!!

By the way does anyone have the group standings?
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 11:25pm On Sep 07, 2013
@chidexy: An Egypt v Algeria tie would more likely guarantee North African representation at d world cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by elampiro(m): 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
This issue of ineligible players. Were the affected countries FA sleeping? But FIFA is crazy, it looks like they wanted to favour South Africa.

I hate this rule. It should be scrapped. List of players in camp should be reviewed by FIFA a week to matches.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 07, 2013
elampiro: This issue of ineligible players. Were the affected countries FA sleeping? But FIFA is crazy, it looks like they wanted to favour South Africa.

I hate this rule. It should be scrapped. List of players in camp should be reviewed by FIFA a week to matches.
25 likes
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by emiye(m): 11:58pm On Sep 07, 2013
the last 10 teams standing will be civ , Ghana, Algeria , Nigeria, cape verde, cameroon, b/faso, senegal, ethiopia, egypt.

The teams highlighted in red will be seeded. Nigeria will be playing one of cameroon, senegal, ethiopia, egypt, or b/faso.

I will prefer we play ethiopia, it seems to be the easiest of the unseeded five
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by CLT123(m): 12:21am On Sep 08, 2013
Libya can still make it
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by emiye(m): 12:43am On Sep 08, 2013
CLT123: Libya can still make it
you are right about that, but they need an away win against cameroon, which in my opinion is a slim chance
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 12:44am On Sep 08, 2013
I see Nigeria playing Egypt....
Let's watch out and see, because the playoff is really going to be tough. the only weaker team here is ethopia because they are going nowhere. Goodluck to any team dat will be paired with ethopia...
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by bonetalk(m): 2:12am On Sep 08, 2013
mama-gee:
I was expecting Nigeria to win and they did. . .

I love the super eagles!!!

By the way does anyone have the group standings?
http://sports.opera.com/?sport=soccer&page=competition&id=228&localization_id=www>
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by sambos994(m): 4:23am On Sep 08, 2013
JAGARS: I see Nigeria playing Egypt....
Let's watch out and see, because the playoff is really going to be tough. the only weaker team here is ethopia because they are going nowhere. Goodluck to any team dat will be paired with ethopia...

I beg to differ. Like Cape Verde and Burkina Faso, they're a dangerous team. I've watch them progress and their passing is getting better.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by nijanigga: 4:26am On Sep 08, 2013
tbaba1234: CAF is incompetent that is why.. They need to get their records straight. These boardroom points are hurting teams.
Issa Hayaoutu has been CAF president for almost 40 years now. All he's identified with is CORRUPTION, like Nija.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 5:48am On Sep 08, 2013
GhanaBa:

true talk especially against poor teams. It will definitely start happening and i suggest fifa makes it 1 point
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by sukachia(m): 5:58am On Sep 08, 2013
dubai station no dey show naija ball but finally naija win grin wink cry i mis d match oh cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by haibe(m): 7:54am On Sep 08, 2013
Perhaps fifa doesn't want strong teams in the groups to qualify cos i know they don't usually wish africa well at the world cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by haibe(m): 7:59am On Sep 08, 2013
Krasid: Cameroon may not be in top form right now, but Nigeria dosen't have a good record against Cameroon Judging from past results.

Nigeria didn't also have a good record against ivory coast until the Afcon quater final, forget the past, its the present that matters.
Re: Nigeria Vs Malawi - FIFA WCQ: (2 - 0) On 7th September 2013 by Nobody: 8:03am On Sep 08, 2013
chidexy:

Seeding will be based purely on FIFA ranking in September. At the moment, Nigeria is ranked 4th in Africa and should we loose or draw our next match (friendly) against Burkina Faso on Tuesday, we might likely drop out of the first 5 places. As things stand now, Cape Verde will leap-frog us when the next ranking is out to 3rd or 4th position in Africa, even if we win our next friendly against Burkina Faso. So the possible pairing would be:
Pot 1
CIV
Ghana
Algeria
Nigeria
Cape Verde

Pot 2
Burkina Faso
Cameroon (likely to overcome Libya tomorrow)
Egypt
Senegal (leading Uganda by 1-0 with 2 minutes left to play)
Ethiopia

FIFA and CAF are going to rig the pairing to ensure that West African countries play each other as much as possible, and 1 or 2 north African country is given an opportunity to qualify. So the possible pairings for the knock out stage would be:
CIV vs Cameroon
Ghana vs B/Faso
Algeria vs Ethiopia
Nigeria vs Senegal and
Cape Verde vs Egypt

A slight variation might be Ghana playing Senegal while Nigeria will take on B/Faso, else, it's likely to remain as above

Bring Ethiopia or Bukina Faso for me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (Reply)

The Audi Cars Gifted To Real Madrid Players For Christmas / Argentina Vs Brazil: Copa America Final (1 - 0) - Live / Gabriel Jesus Was Painting The Streets 4 Years Ago For World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.