Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,378 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:17 AM

WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing (19653 Views)

Fans Risk Their Lives To Watch Nigeria-Egypt Match In Kaduna (Photos) / Nigeria Vs Ethiopia- WCQ (2 - 0) On 16th November 2013 / U-17: Ghana Wants Nigeria, Ivory Coast Banned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 5:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
Former Egyptian International Ahmed Hossam Mido is hoping that the Egyptian National team will be drawn against Nigeria in the African Playoff .

Egypt and Nigeria have both qualified for the last stage of the World Cup African qualifiers along with eight other teams. They will be paired to play two matches. " I hope the draw gives us Nigeria. This will be very good for our National team because Nigeria has a good team and their players a very skilled. They keep improving since they won the last AFCON and it's better for us to play against them and get tested. They play real fast flowing football and that in the long run will only make Egypt better and will make our mission at the end easier" Mido told supersport.com .

" I don’t want Ghana or Ivory Coast .They are not suitable for us this time nor is Algeria because of all the tension and outside drama between the two north African teams in football " the former Tottenham player added. Wael Gomaa seems to be on the same page adding " I don’t want easy teams because Egypt plays her best games against only the tough teams".

" All the players have the big dream to reach the World Cup ,and we are ready to play with any team - big or small." the 38 year old concluded."

Source

Na who tell this man say Naija dey fear dem?? Bring them on! We fear no one! *Power of Naija*

7 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Madawaki01(m): 12:25am On Sep 10, 2013
D fear of egypt is d beggining of wisdom,I won't want d super eagles to be drawn wit egypt,ethiopia will do.

First to comment

11 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Nobody: 2:19am On Sep 10, 2013
at least they are respecting us. they said " I don’t want easy teams because Egypt plays her best games against only the tough teams".. they know we are not an easy team like ivory coast and ghana.

As much as i want ethiopia, i wanna see egypt again. i am still angry from that 3-1 win they gave us several years ago (when they used to be africa's top dogs). we need revenge

22 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 6:32am On Sep 10, 2013
Madawaki01: D fear of egypt is d beggining of wisdom,I won't want d super eagles to be drawn wit egypt,ethiopia will do.
Hmmm, you have a point sha, na qualifier we still dey play no be tournament proper...
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 6:35am On Sep 10, 2013
bboiabb: at least they are respecting us. they said " I don’t want easy teams because Egypt plays her best games against only the tough teams".. they know we are not an easy team like ivory coast and ghana.

As much as i want ethiopia, i wanna see egypt again. i am still angry from that 3-1 win they gave us several years ago (when they used to be africa's top dogs). we need revenge
Well Said!
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Austeenxx: 8:43am On Sep 10, 2013
Abeg, I don't want any Egypt.

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by babyboy3(m): 8:44am On Sep 10, 2013
Egypt knows how to play the home and away ties, they know how to frustrate home teams when playing away, and they know all the ojoro in the book to get a win when playing at home.

Firstly the home tie will be on Friday evening.

We should avoid Egypt at all cost... Algeria I dont mind (thats if they qualified)

9 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 9:12am On Sep 10, 2013
baby-boy:
Egypt knows how to play the home and away ties, they know how to frustrate home teams when playing away, and they know all the ojoro in the book to get a win when playing at home.

Firstly the home tie will be on Friday evening.

We should avoid Egypt at all cost... Algeria I dont mind (thats if they qualified)
Algeria went through even before Nigeria.
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by modextus(m): 10:42am On Sep 10, 2013
shocked NO thanks! I want both nigeria and egypt to be at the world cup.

11 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 10:47am On Sep 10, 2013
modextus: shocked NO thanks! I want both nigeria and egypt to be at the world cup.
grin
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by write2obi(m): 10:58am On Sep 10, 2013
bring on Egypt then, #Naija till End time.

2 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Krasid(m): 12:01pm On Sep 10, 2013
Mr Mido, dis current naija team no dey smile oo.Abi you don forget say Yakubu don retire?.Remember, we are super, we fear no one.

2 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Nobody: 12:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
Play 4 wetin...abeg o i wan watch naija 4 2014 o make person no go put sand sand 4 our garri o. Beta stil egypt play b/faso mk we play ethiopia....dem 2 (b/faso) dey play quality football. *duh*

12 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Ajibel(m): 12:16pm On Sep 10, 2013
Its like Mido doesnt want Egypt to be at d W/C hoping for Nig. How unpatriotic grin grin

10 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 12:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ajibel: Its like Mido doesnt want Egypt to be at d W/C hoping for Nig. How unpatriotic grin grin
#lobatan

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by DrKlever(m): 12:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
Wow! Nigeria vs Egypt? That would sure be an endtime match.

10 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 10, 2013
bboiabb: at least they are respecting us. they said " I don’t want easy teams because Egypt plays her best games against only the tough teams".. they know we are not an easy team like ivory coast and ghana.

I liked almost every coment on this thread. Hmmmmm, in as much as I will like to ENJOY watching the Super Eagles in Brasil come 2014, I will pray for US not to meet Egypt. Revenge can wait 4 now. This north àfricans can be unpredictable.

6 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by AbuMikey(m): 1:11pm On Sep 10, 2013
Fixtures already decided by Mikey!!

Cameroon vs Cape Verde cheesy
Egypt vs Ivory coast cheesy
Ghana vs Algeria shocked
Burkina Faso vs Libya undecided
Nigeria vs Ethiopia wink

2 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Krasid(m): 1:18pm On Sep 10, 2013
Abu Mikey: Fixtures already decided by Mikey!!

Ghana vs Algeria shocked
Nigeria vs Ethiopia wink
Senegal??

4 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by modextus(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2013
Ghana lost 3 goals to 1 today against japan.

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 1:32pm On Sep 10, 2013
Chelcy10:
I liked almost every coment on this thread. Hmmmmm, in as much as I will like to ENJOY watching the Super Eagles in Brasil come 2014, I will pray for US not to meet Egypt. Revenge can wait 4 now. This north àfricans can be unpredictable.
Lolss.. the fear of north African countries is ticket to 2014 FIFA World Cup
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 1:33pm On Sep 10, 2013
Abu Mikey: Fixtures already decided by Mikey!!

Ghana vs Algeria shocked
Nigeria vs Ethiopia wink
Hmmmm... Octopus Mikey!! Lets hope this comes real. Nice pairing tho
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 1:43pm On Sep 10, 2013
modextus: Ghana lost 3 goals to 1 today against japan.
Thats not a good one for Ghana at this time.

I guess their plan went the wrong way, Ghana's plan was to get a better ranking by playing Japan since they are aware of their poor and recent inconsistent performances. Now, they lost 'heavily' to Japan which might not be too good for the FIFA ranking that will be out on Thursday. Notwithstanding, i don't see them dropping out of the top five if at all there will be changes.

2 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Nobody: 2:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
Davo93: Lolss.. the fear of north African countries is ticket to 2014 FIFA World Cup
I tell u, those guys can frustrate home teams and always win at all cost when playing at home. Remember Tunisia have always dealth with us in WCQs even though we scaled through in 2009, but I still cant 4get dat 2nd leg match in Abuja, despite the fact they are on ramadan fast, those guys nearly caused my dad heart attack, that he stoped watching Super eagles matches until after coach Siasia hammered Argentina 4-1

5 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 2:34pm On Sep 10, 2013
Chelcy10:
I tell u, those guys can frustrate home teams and always win at all cost when playing at home. Remember Tunisia have always dealth with us in WCQs even though we scaled through in 2009, but I still cant 4get dat 2nd leg match in Abuja, despite the fact they are on ramadan fast, those guys nearly caused my dad heart attack, that he stoped watching Super eagles matches until after coach Siasia hammered Argentina 4-1
Well said and true... but what if we get paired eventually? I guess we've got no choice!
Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Evestar200(f): 2:56pm On Sep 10, 2013
all i want is the Cape verde vs Cameroun tie,,cuz both countries have unfinished business,,Cape verde was the one that stop Cameroun Afcon 2013 dream

5 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by taiocol: 3:10pm On Sep 10, 2013
all i want at Wc is Naija, egypt, ivory coast, senegal nd ghana

2 Likes

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 3:22pm On Sep 10, 2013
Evestar200: all i want is the Cape verde vs Cameroun tie,,cuz both countries have unfinished business,,Cape verde was the one that stop Cameroun Afcon 2013 dream
grin I guess you are a Camerounian? Hope Cameroun gets it right this time but i must tell you the Cape Verde guys are currently on top of their game. As a matter of fact, i don't pray Nigeria meet them o, not that we cant sink them deep but for the fact that they could prove real hard and create a tense moment with we the fans.

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Davo93(m): 3:50pm On Sep 10, 2013
taiocol: all i want at Wc is Naija, egypt, ivory coast, senegal nd ghana
Great teams! But i would prefer Bukina Faso(because of their strength, agility and deadly style of play) or Cameroun (experience and love for them to return to limelight) to Senegal. #JustMyThinkingTho

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by AbuMikey(m): 4:12pm On Sep 10, 2013
Krasid: Senegal??
Did you realize "Libya" was slashed??

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Fetus(m): 5:31pm On Sep 10, 2013
Evestar200: all i want is the Cape verde vs Cameroun tie,,cuz both countries have unfinished business,,Cape verde was the one that stop Cameroun Afcon 2013 dream
..i'm wit u on dis...it wud really b a cracker....

1 Like

Re: WCQ: Mido Wants Nigeria, Egypt Pairing by Christmasdon(m): 6:39pm On Sep 10, 2013
What ar' u all saying. For me i don't want any Nigeria vs Egyp t pairing anything. Abeg i use God beg una i know want egypt abegi. Let them give us ethiopia coz i would love to see Niegriaypt at the world kup.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Calling Lionel Messi The Greatest Player In The World Must Stop! - Pele / Garba Lawal Celebrates His 43rd Birthday Today / Lionel Messi Receives Alfredo Di Stefano Trophy And Pichichi Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.