Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,482 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? (882 Views)

Your Motive For Paying Tithe / Is It Wrong To Worship In One Church And Pay Tithe In Another Church? / What Is Wrong With Paying Your Tithe In Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by xreal: 7:42am On Sep 01, 2013
As I prepared for today's church service, haven gotten ready, I discovered that I had no more Naira in my wallet, I then saw a US dollar note(in the same wallet) which is equivalent to the amount (in naira) which I had in mind to pay as my tithe. I then decided to envelope the dollars.

But, someone (a relative) who saw me while I envelope the dollars was mad and said it's a sign of pride.

Pls Nairalanders, is paying US dollars in church -as tithe, a sign of pride?
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by Nobody: 7:44am On Sep 01, 2013
Which do you think God will prefer?

The Dollar or the Naira?

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 01, 2013
Money na Money na...GOD no get time to dey check if na dollar or naira na...wetin concern GOD if na Dollar or Naira sha drop sometin b4 u comot for church that's all grin
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by Nobody: 8:52am On Sep 01, 2013
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 01, 2013
Sign of pride ke?? Will the pastor open the envelope and show your tithe to everybody in the church undecided. Abi will they tell the congregation how much you payed as tithe undecided. Paying tithe is between you and your God whether na dollar, kobo, pound you use pay am. Money is money.

Happy new month!
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by cold(m): 10:52am On Sep 01, 2013
grin You can pay in any currency brother. God now has different bank accounts for different currencies & denominations. So go ahead & pay your tithe in dollars.God bless you as do so grin. Chai! Sheeples

Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by FOLYKAZE(m): 11:16am On Sep 01, 2013
God is everywhere....even in bureau de change offices.

Just do as other magas does.........sheeple
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 01, 2013
xreal: As I prepared for todays's church service, haven gotten ready, I discovered that I had no more Naira in my wallet, I then saw a US dollar note whichbis equivalent to the amount (in naira) which I had in mind to pay as my tithe. I then decided to envelop the dollars.

But, someone (a relative) who saw me while I envelope the dollars was mad and said it's a sign of pride.

Pls Nairalanders, is paying US dollars in church a sign of pride?

Can you donate to the poor and needy. They also are Gods ,if at all you have the dollars.
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 01, 2013
KEEP MAKING YOUR PASTHIEFS RICH, IT IS THE SUREST WAY TO HEAVEN
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by xreal: 11:39am On Sep 01, 2013
Baybe: Sign of pride ke?? Will the pastor open the envelope and show your tithe to everybody in the church undecided. Abi will they tell the congregation how much you payed as tithe undecided. Paying tithe is between you and your God whether na dollar, kobo, pound you use pay am. Money is money.

Happy new month!

My pastor wouldn't do such, neither would the congregation know. Thanks.
Sensible.
Happy New Month.
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by xreal: 11:40am On Sep 01, 2013
ifeness:

Can you donate to the poor and needy. They also are Gods ,if at all you have the dollars.

I try my best on that. Do you?
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by xreal: 9:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
thanks to all.
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by PastorKun(m): 9:26pm On Sep 01, 2013
xreal: thanks to all.

As a christian you are not meant to tithe in the first instance as christians are not the under the Jewish laws of which tithing is a part of.

1 Like

Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by Mudley313: 9:35pm On Sep 01, 2013
xreal: As I prepared for today's church service, haven gotten ready, I discovered that I had no more Naira in my wallet, I then saw a US dollar note(in the same wallet) which is equivalent to the amount (in naira) which I had in mind to pay as my tithe. I then decided to envelope the dollars.

You, my friend, are a MAGA
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by Goshen360(m): 9:54pm On Sep 01, 2013
Hebrews 7 ended tithe and tithing in the New testament. Go and study it!
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by luluosas(m): 6:23am On Sep 02, 2013
xreal: As I prepared for today's church service, haven gotten ready, I discovered that I had no more Naira in my wallet, I then saw a US dollar note(in the same wallet) which is equivalent to the amount (in naira) which I had in mind to pay as my tithe. I then decided to envelope the dollars.

Just to correct an impression. Paying tithe is NOT what you had in mind but, a definite AMOUNT of your income.
Now, paying your tithe in dollars does not represent pride in as much you are paying the correct amount. Thank you.
Re: Paying Tithe In A Foreign Currency. Right Or Wrong ? by xreal: 12:38pm On Sep 02, 2013
luluosas:
Just to correct an impression. Paying tithe is NOT what you had in mind but, a definite AMOUNT of your income.
Now, paying your tithe in dollars does not represent pride in as much you are paying the correct amount. Thank you.

Well, thanks.

(1) (Reply)

There Is A Gay Church In Our Backyard / Christian Groups Protest Over Calabar Carnival / SHOCKING: South African Pastor, Lesego Makes Members Eat Grass

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.