Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,464 members, 7,816,088 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? (30756 Views)

How Do You Convince An Atheist That GOD Truly Exist / Can You Prove That God Doesn't Exist? / An Atheist That Is Afraid Of The Dark!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Image123(m): 6:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
aManFromMars:
Still an empty troll, I see... undecided

When you get tired of changing your handle, do not consider ending your life. God loves you and wants you to have a fulfilled life, not a life and handle that continues to fail.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Image123:

When you get tired of changing your handle, do not consider ending your life. God loves you and wants you to have a fulfilled life, not a life and handle that continues to fail.

Summary of your life, I see.... grin wink
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by wiegraf: 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

By saying, only the material exists consciousness, space and time don't exist since they are immaterial. Naïve materialism is self-defeating.

Read read read understand nothing.

Time can manifest without matter? Please show how. (You shouldn't even be using values like time, which can be measured/ascertained objectively, as an example....but meh)

As that's what materialism is; matter is the main ingredient, everything contingent on its existence, not the other way around, simple. It does not advocate the non existence of abstractions, that's silly

And i'm not a strict materialist as well, but for the vast majority of intents and purposes, this universe is materialistic
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 7:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
wiegraf:

Time can manifest without matter? Please show how. (You shouldn't even be using values like time, which can be measured/ascertained objectively, as an example....but meh)

As that's what materialism is; matter is the main ingredient, everything contingent on its existence, not the other way around, simple. It does not advocate the non existence of abstractions, that's silly

And i'm not a strict materialist as well, but for the vast majority of intents and purposes, this universe is materialistic

Lol, your sig?
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Logicboy03: Space is the boundless three-dimensional extent in which objects and events have relative position and direction.[1] Physical space is often conceived in three linear dimensions, although modernphysicists usually consider it, with time, to be part of a boundless four-dimensional continuum known as spacetime. In mathematics, "spaces" are examined with different numbers of dimensions and with different underlying structures. The concept of space is considered to be of fundamental importance to an understanding of the physical universe. However, disagreement continues betweenphilosophers over whether it is itself an entity, a relationship between entities, or part of a conceptual framework.Debates concerning the nature, essence and the mode of existence of space date back to antiquity; namely, to treatises like the Timaeus of Plato, or Socrates in his reflections on what the Greeks called khora (i.e. "space"wink, or in the Physics of Aristotle (Book IV, Delta) in the definition of topos (i.e. place), or even in the later "geometrical conception of place" as "space qua extension" in theDiscourse on Place (Qawl fi al-Makan) of the 11th-century Arab polymath Alhazen.[2] Many of these classical philosophical questions were discussed in the Renaissance and then reformulated in the 17th century, particularly during the early development of classical mechanics. In Isaac Newton's view, space was absolute—in the sense that it existed permanently and independently of whether there were any matter in the space.[3] Other natural philosophers, notably Gottfried Leibniz, thought instead that space was in fact a collection of relations between objects, given by their distance anddirection from one another. In the 18th century, the philosopher and theologian George Berkeley attempted to refute the "visibility of spatial depth" in his Essay Towards a New Theory of Vision. Later, the metaphysician Immanuel Kant said neither space nor time can be empirically perceived, they are elements of a systematic framework that humans use to structure all experiences. Kant referred to "space" in his Critique of Pure Reason as being: a subjective "pure a priori form of intuition", hence it is an unavoidable contribution of our human faculties.In the 19th and 20th centuries mathematicians began to examine non-Euclidean geometries, in which space can be said to be curved, rather than flat. According to Albert Einstein's theory of general relativity, space around gravitational fields deviates from Euclidean space.[4] Experimental tests of general relativity have confirmed that non-Euclidean space provides a better model for the shape of space.

Go and educate yourself. Space is very physical.......although, you have shown me that this has been a debate between physicists and philosophers

Nowhere there is space said to be physical. The only hint of that is the curvature of space which, of course, is nonsensical and without physical proof. I repeat, space, by definition, is immaterial.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 7:56pm On Sep 04, 2013
wiegraf:

Yourself aptly described.

wiegraf:
Time can manifest without matter?

Who said that ?

wiegraf:
Please show how. (You shouldn't even be using values like time, which can be measured/ascertained objectively, as an example....but meh)

So ? That doesn't mean time is material. If it is, post a picture of it, and so mock yourself.

wiegraf:

I see. What does matter exist in: itself or space ? Since abstractions are immaterial, materialism is a no-brainer.

wiegraf:

Without consciousness before and in it, the universe would exist or be known to exist, hence my idealism triumphs materialism.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by wiegraf: 8:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
aManFromMars:

Lol, your sig?

Need to find a new 'most foo:lish comment in nairaland' to replace, but i may have seen it all...

Then again, we're undoubtably brilliantly foo:lish. I'll be proven wrong soon enough
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by wiegraf: 8:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Yourself aptly described.

Who said that ?

So ? That doesn't mean time is material. If it is, post a picture of it, and so mock yourself.

I see. What does matter exist in: itself or space ? Since abstractions are immaterial, materialism is a no-brainer.

Without consciousness before and in it, the universe would exist or be known to exist, hence my idealism triumphs materialism.

Erm, the bending of space (and by extension, time) has been observed, time and again. Time dilation is observed in satellites for instance, without accounting for it GPS wouldn't work. What do you think the hoopla about observing the bending of light (rather spacetime) around the sun, einstein's prediction, was about? What's your excuse now, relativity doesn't exist because GOD??!!

One of the candidates (read; hypothesis) for dark energy/matter (I forget which, but I think energy) is that it's generated by space itself. Did you ever read up on bosons like I suggested? The field theories perhaps?

And again, meh. It matters not because nothing manifests without a physical base, and that's more or else the materialistic stance. You need the physical to be available before any sort of dimension can manifest, simple.

Also, wtf sort of uyism is the bolded?
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Kay17: 8:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I don't and you don't have to be for your position to be rebutted.

1. Pls let me know how my "position" is faulted

2. You haven't pointed which is false between "I'm conscious and "I'm matter"

As to space (spacetime), Einstein's theory of relativity suggests the physicality of space, note thayt space isn't constituted of matter itself.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Nowhere there is space said to be physical. The only hint of that is the curvature of space which, of course, is nonsensical and without physical proof. I repeat, space, by definition, is immaterial.

Read the second sentence....it states that space is physical

Wiegraff knows you best-

"read, read, read and still not understand"

Guy, the best way to describe you is to see you as an argumentative primary school student who is arguing about abortion- you re talking and reading about things beyond your comprehension
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

You are a deluded person to think my posers and points wrong. Prove to me all humans were given birth to. God is a being within which you live.

I am deluded for not believing in your lame evidence you posted. All humans were born,you must be a retard to dispute that.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 3:19am On Sep 05, 2013
wiegraf:

Erm, the bending of space (and by extension, time) has been observed, time and again.

I see. Proof. Of course Wikipedia articles is the nonsense you'll present because only matter bends and the term 'bend' isnmeaningles wrt space and time.

wiegraf:
Time dilation is observed in satellites for instance, without accounting for it GPS wouldn't work.

Okay.

wiegraf:
What do you think the hoopla about observing the bending of light (rather spacetime) around the sun, einstein's prediction, was about? What's your excuse now, relativity doesn't exist because GOD??!!

Light bends, not space. That's nonsense.

wiegraf:
One of the candidates (read; hypothesis) for dark energy/matter (I forget which, but I think energy) is that it's generated by space itself.

I see. Scientists do make things up as they go along. And given sciencestruck folks lile you, they do it with more bold these days, which accounts for the nonsense up there.

wiegraf:
Did you ever read up on bosons like I suggested? The field theories perhaps?

They don't explain how the earth circles the sun.

wiegraf:
And again, meh. It matters not because nothing manifests without a physical base, and that's more or else the materialistic stance.

Dullard really. Matter is meaningless without consciousness.

wiegraf:
You need the physical to be available before any sort of dimension can manifest, simple.

You need consciousness to know there is a physical at all.

wiegraf:
Also, wtf sort of uyism is the bolded?

The kind airheads like you wouldn't know.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 3:20am On Sep 05, 2013
ifeness:

I am deluded for not believing in your lame evidence you posted. All humans were born,you must be a retard to dispute that.

Prove all humans were born, of course, you can't.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 3:24am On Sep 05, 2013
Kay 17:

1. Pls let me know how my "position" is faulted

2. You haven't pointed which is false between "I'm conscious and "I'm matter"

As to space (spacetime), Einstein's theory of relativity suggests the physicality of space, note thayt space isn't constituted of matter itself.

Matter has no consciousness and consciousness is imnaterial. Hence, materialism which presumes only matter exists, fails.

I told you the first (I'm conscious), by your stance, is false.

If space isn't constituted of matter it is thus not physical. All physical things are defined as being made of matter.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 3:29am On Sep 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Read the second sentence....it states that space is physical

Wiegraff knows you best-

"read, read, read and still not understand"

Guy, the best way to describe you is to see you as an argumentative primary school student who is arguing about abortion- you re talking and reading about things beyond your comprehension

Someone got drunk on his jïzz today. Does space block your movement ? Can it be seen, smelt, heard, tasted or touched ? Do you use a material to try to collide it to know its parts ? Any yes to the above condemns you as mentally r£tard£d.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by wiegraf: 4:38am On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

I see. Proof. Of course Wikipedia articles is the nonsense you'll present because only matter bends and the term 'bend' isnmeaningles wrt space and time.

Okay.

Light bends, not space. That's nonsense.

I see. Scientists do make things up as they go along. And given sciencestruck folks lile you, they do it with more bold these days, which accounts for the nonsense up there.

They don't explain how the earth circles the sun.

Dullard really. Matter is meaningless without consciousness.

You need consciousness to know there is a physical at all.

The kind airheads like you wouldn't know.

You want to create a god so badly you've redefined relativity, tested and confirmed various times, worked on by many of the finest minds that have ever lived, to mean just light bends and not spacetime itself? Because you say so (or is it because "matter is meaningless without conciousness"? ). To top this, you do this after acknowledging that relativistic effects are observed in satellite systems. Just what in the world registered in your mind after reading that?

Ok then, good ser genius, please tell me why relativistic effects can be observed, and indeed are accounted for, exactly as predicted by relativity which is built around the bending of spacetime and not photons/light, in satellites? What causes time dilation? Is it GOD??!! via telekinesis or telepathy, yes?

To add to that; seems you still think bosons don't exist, despite you using them right now to view this post; fail to understand the meaning of 'hypothesis'; think "matter is meaningless without conciousness" somehow translates to matter cannot exist without consciousness

You really need to stop all that reading if even basic stuff eludes you. You're just wasting your time, work on your reasoning, it requires a vast upgrade. Your CPU simply can't keep up with all that data.

I would hope you're trolling, but this seems to be genuine desperation and stoopidity. Faced with evidence, you still hold that spacetime doesn't bend. Because you say so. Religious blind faith and proud ignorance. This is what comes to mind when you claim you're an ex-xtian

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Kay17: 5:09am On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Matter has no consciousness and consciousness is imnaterial. Hence, materialism which presumes only matter exists, fails.

I told you the first (I'm conscious), by your stance, is false.

If space isn't constituted of matter it is thus not physical. All physical things are defined as being made of matter.

Therefore Kay 17 is not conscious?!!
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 5:46am On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

Someone got drunk on his jïzz today. Does space block your movement ? Can it be seen, smelt, heard, tasted or touched ? Do you use a material to try to collide it to know its parts ? Any yes to the above condemns you as mentally r£tard£d.

Simple question. If space can not be detected, how does one know that he is in space?

Fool
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by FILEBE(m): 6:11am On Sep 05, 2013
aManFromMars: Did u miss this?

ifeness:

No comment
aManFromMars: Did u miss this?

lol! I thought you atheist always have an explanation for things. Hehehehe. I bet you can't explain that! As someone had said, Atheism is pure madness! Even madmen believe in God's existence.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 05, 2013
FILEBE:

lol! I though you atheist always have an explanation for things. Hehehehe. I bet you can't explain that! As someone had said, Atheism is pure madness! Even madmen believe in God's existence.

smh
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by TarryFour: 6:19am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by TarryFour: 6:20am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by TarryFour: 6:21am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by TarryFour: 6:22am On Sep 05, 2013
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 8:24am On Sep 05, 2013
Kay 17:

Therefore Kay 17 is not conscious?!!

By his materialism.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 05, 2013
If u have the gift of the word of knowledge,you can prove to ANYONE that God exists.

1 Like

Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 8:54am On Sep 05, 2013
My, my ! Someone pooped in his pants.

wiegraf:
You want to create a god so badly you've redefined relativity, tested and confirmed various times, worked on by many of the finest minds that have ever lived, to mean just light bends and not spacetime itself?

Names hardly impress. The logic is simple. Space is nothingness, nothingness doesn't bend only physical thing: yet this bozo tells me spacetime bends. Common sense and reason has since died in you.

wiegraf:
Because you say so (or is it because "matter is meaningless without conciousness"? ).

Spoken to spirits in stones lately, eh ?

wiegraf:
To top this, you do this after acknowledging that relativistic effects are observed in satellite systems.

Sure, I don't need Einstein to tell me GPS need to be coordinated and timelag between different points accounted for.

wiegraf:
Just what in the world registered in your mind after reading that?

Ask away.

wiegraf:
Ok then, good ser genius, please tell me why relativistic effects can be observed, and indeed are accounted for, exactly as predicted by relativity which is built around the bending of spacetime and not photons/light, in satellites?

Why ask ?

wiegraf:
What causes time dilation?

Itself maybe. In your la-la land.

wiegraf:
Is it GOD??!! via telekinesis or telepathy, yes?

No. Wiegraf faffing is enough for time to dilate. His boner is abuzzing.

wiegraf:
To add to that; seems you still think bosons don't exist,

You have reading problems indeed. I never denied bosons but a force carrier called gravitons which has no substatiation. In fact, I specifically denied your presentation of bosons as explanation for how the earth moves without a material base beneath.

wiegraf:
despite you using them right now to view this post;

So you know bosons and assert I use them, what nonsense ! God is must be playing the Devil in your demented mind right now.

wiegraf:
fail to understand the meaning of 'hypothesis';

Proof ?

wiegraf:
think "matter is meaningless without conciousness"

And which meaning would it have. No probs, the corpse of your loved one will do the trick. By the time you see life's vanity and the truth quote above, you'll be an indifferent lump of compounds, IOW, you'll be dead.

wiegraf:
somehow translates to matter cannot exist without consciousness

This bloody doffer can think to save his poop !

wiegraf:
You really need to stop all that reading if even basic stuff eludes you.

I see. Just show how space (nothing) bends.

wiegraf:
You're just wasting your time, work on your reasoning, it requires a vast upgrade. Your CPU simply can't keep up with all that data.

Sheesh ! From someone who expects his brain evolved from dirt. I'll be damned if this is worrisome.

wiegraf:
I would hope you're trolling, but this seems to be genuine desperation and stoopidity.

Profound idioc¥, schmucked mind desperately clinging to a pitable existence that worse than death. I should say, you happen to know you defy logic.

wiegraf:
Faced with evidence, you still hold that spacetime doesn't bend.

Lol. What evidence ? The $hit I've gotten someone to clean up.

wiegraf:
Because you say so.

And for dullgraf, because science says so.

wiegraf:
Religious blind faith and proud ignorance.

A reason that thinks not, a supposed man of science with little smarts and a numbskull at writing, and proud of it.

wiegraf:
This is what comes to mind when you claim you're an ex-xtian

I see.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 9:04am On Sep 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

Simple question. If space can not be detected, how does one know that he is in space?

Fool

By inference. Gaps are noted in objects. The earth is seen to have no support, we know an object needs be moved for space for another object. Immaterial, unsubstatiated but axiomatic. Of course, there are characteristics of space which are axiomatic: it is immaterial, eternal, immutable, infinite, non-contingent and the only 'thing' omnipresent.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 05, 2013
Uyi Iredia:

By inference. Gaps are noted in objects. The earth is seen to have no support, we know an object needs be moved for space for another object. Immaterial, unsubstatiated but axiomatic. Of course, there are characteristics of space which are axiomatic: it is immaterial, eternal, immutable, infinite, non-contingent and the only 'thing' omnipresent.

How fallacious and foolish.

Space is not infinite.

Space is not empty. There is no such thing as "nothing" in real life. There is always something

"space" is not omnipresent. We are in/on earth not in space

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/nstv/2011/11/why-there-is-no-such-thing-as-empty-space.html
http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1112787040/universe-not-infinite-after-all-021913/
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Image123(m): 9:33am On Sep 05, 2013
aManFromMars:

Summary of your life, I see.... grin wink

Just quality advice that you may need in life.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by Image123(m): 9:41am On Sep 05, 2013
Dux-01:
If u have the gift of the word of knowledge,you can prove to ANYONE that God exists.

Those that will not believe still will not believe. There are many backsliders and reprobates that have tasted and seen the power of God.
Re: How Can You Prove To An Atheist That God Exists? by UyiIredia(m): 11:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Logicboy03:

How fallacious and foolish.

Space is not infinite.

Space is not empty. There is no such thing as "nothing" in real life. There is always something

"space" is not omnipresent. We are in/on earth not in space

http://www.newscientist.com/blogs/nstv/2011/11/why-there-is-no-such-thing-as-empty-space.html
http://www.redorbit.com/news/space/1112787040/universe-not-infinite-after-all-021913/

'Space is not infinite.'

- logicboy

SMH. Given that, you do know that means that space is a physical thing which can be empirically validated and that the universe will run out of space to exist in. In any case your talk of space not being infinite, and hence finite, inane.

'Space is not empty.'
- logicboy

It is true that space currently isn't empty, there are lots of physical objects in it: that is different from saying space is nothingness (or emptiness) that things are filled in, I didn't say space has nothing, I said space is nothing. Your next statement reminds me of my quote below:

There is no 'nothing' as such, for if there was truly 'nothing' it could not be thought of, if 'nothing' can be thought of it is something. Put simply, there was always something. It is from this something from which all things in the material world springs. This something is God. QED

I made it in the improbability of God thread.

'Space is not omnipresent'
- logicboy

That would derive from the first inanity you spewed. Earth otself exists in space. The DNA in you also subsists in space. I assert that space is omnipresent: it is unprovable and axiomatic. To say space isn't omnipresent would render Euclid's 2nd postulate false. Here it is:

2. Any straight line segment can be extended indefinitely in a straight line.

connect the dots, if you can, to see your folly. If space is finite and not omnipresent this postulate is made illogical.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (22) (Reply)

Imam Of Peace Warns Christians To Wakeup, Else Radical Muslim Will Consume Them / DEBATE: Pls Present All The Biblical Contradictions And Lies Here. / Is It True That Some Pastors Fornicate With Their Members?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.