Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:57 PM

What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. (27740 Views)

EXPOSED- How State Governors Did Not Allow Jonathan Save For The Rainy Day – NOI / Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention / The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by wwwkaycom(m): 10:05pm On Sep 02, 2013
oke_chukwu: Those against GEJ,where did he go wrong.
everywhere. The man was never prepared to be president, he is now using Nigeria as a junior school laboratory where he is doing trial and error experiments, his wife is the worst enemy of his ambition, senceless woman...

1 Like

Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Solarpower(m): 10:20pm On Sep 02, 2013
icon8:

What else would you expect from a supposed political analyst who doesn't know the difference between "fAction" and "fIction".
According to the OP, PDP has been "fictionalised" grin
thats a normal typographic error dat we'r al capable of makng-even u. So ur talk no funny @ all!
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Sep 02, 2013
wwwkaycom:
everywhere. The man was never prepared to be president, he is now using Nigeria as a junior school laboratory where he is doing trial and error experiments, his wife is the worst enemy of his ambition, senceless woman...

Really? Do you believe what you wrote? especially the 'everywhere' part

Boy Nigerians are not blind:

Trains are moving first time in 12years

The roads are better, Airports are nolonger eyesores, Boko haram are losing the fight, their leader shekau is dead and buried. Nigeria is the new investment destination. You mean you have never heard of any of these?

Corpers allowe is now 19,000 - a hundred percent increment!!

Electricity is improving - 4,000mw - Dont you read the papers? or watch news channels - aside viewing EPL?

Almajiris now have special schools - Also a first.

....and others will soon manifest - contracts for 2nd niger bridge, lagos - Ibadan, etc have been awarded.

Are u really a Nigerian?
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by kabba7(m): 10:40pm On Sep 02, 2013
I watched with amazemrnt on. AIT 8pm news how Jonathan was strugling to hide behind Tony Aneni to address journalist after his meeting with 4 of the 7 walk out governors for the very first time I felt sorry for GEJ .while those govs.were busy chatting away Jona stood looking ℓi̶̲̥̅ke̶̲̥̅ a jejune how come Nigerians vote this slowpoke to be their president I keep wondering while sippimg a can of heineken inside the cabin here .
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by guvnorade: 11:02pm On Sep 02, 2013
Analyst, are u from another planet. Don't u know sitting on the fence is dangerous than decamping. OGA AT THE TOP DEY SWEAT.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Sep 02, 2013
I think what you beer parlour analyst should be worried about is the fact that if seven governors leave pdp, we will have 18 governors in total opposing pdp and controlling the two biggest states(lagos & kano) in the country!!
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Solarpower(m): 11:10pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nashville:

I was reading through your trash until I saw the above part. Do you really think the NW and SW will vote GEJ? You must be delusional and suffering from phastosmagoria. GEJ only has the SS and SE locked up (and even then Edo, Rivers and Imo are questionable). He also has most of North Central. But NW, NE and SW are fully out of his control. He never even controlled NW and NE in 2011 anyway. SW is fully out of his hands now and even Kwara may not vote GEJ.
have u askd ursf ds questn? 1. Is d whole of lagos state whch harbours close to 50% of the SW populatn 'all Yorubas'? Ans, 'neva-the ibos and other tribes in lagos,ogun and ibadan (esp lagos) whch r by far the mst populated SW states wil go 4 GEJ. 2. Are the cities of kano and kaduna predominantly hausas? Ans. ,.yes....but the southern populatn in these two states r enuf to giv GEJ close to 35% votes,esp the igbos. 3.Are GEJ's foot soldiers nt goin2 get even a vote in dia respctiv NW/NE states? Ans,..an EMPHATIC NO. They'l secure @least mre than 25% of d votes. 4. Has GEJ lost his grip on Rivers state? Ans......No..infact he has 100% control cuz the state PDP chairman,the state police commsner and d REC(residnt electral commsner) r al his pple. 4. Will Imo and Edo states vote GEJ? Ans.....Yes,yes and yes....reasons..In Edo, Oshiomole wil return d gesture of allowng him to bcum govnor 4rm d court(@least wt a 50.50 split of d votes). In Imo, the state is divided. Jst an insignificnt factn of Rochas' APGA r al wt him. The Igbos of Imo cant bow to Western/Northern rule. Infact the states of Ondo,Imo and Edo wil vote GEJ back cum 2015 in order to stl hav deir bulky cut 4rm d fedratn's acct as per 'oil producng states'. Its no news d@ d northern govnors r agitatng 4 a slash in the allocatn of funds to oil producng states. This sentiment wil also b brough in2 play and these 3 states wil vote GEJ embloc. Watch and see.

1 Like

Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Solarpower(m): 11:11pm On Sep 02, 2013
Nashville:

I was reading through your trash until I saw the above part. Do you really think the NW and SW will vote GEJ? You must be delusional and suffering from phastosmagoria. GEJ only has the SS and SE locked up (and even then Edo, Rivers and Imo are questionable). He also has most of North Central. But NW, NE and SW are fully out of his control. He never even controlled NW and NE in 2011 anyway. SW is fully out of his hands now and even Kwara may not vote GEJ.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Dpeacemaker101: 12:32am On Sep 03, 2013
But we should not be surprise at Atiku's action,as he has always done the same thing over and over and it only gets him a failure always, and he has just added 7 disciples to his league of failures. We can only applaud them for their upcoming failure. Ameachi is just acting like a kid without direction, so he thinks all those aboki will help him in any way?
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by loverboi(m): 12:37am On Sep 03, 2013
I wonder why you'll just sit down at the corner of your room and analyse what u hear from ur street, coz am very sure u're from south-south area or igbo as ur cas maybe.
This analysis is not only furtile, its baseless.
And u made the biggest mistake by calling jonathan the best president Nigeria have ever had, coz even if u'r deaf to hear what's going on in town, u shouldn't be blind to read articles online.

First of all, we don't need any1 to tell us, jonathan is the most cursed/insulted leader in the world, he's d biggest mistake in history of this nation, am not saying he's d cause but he's bearing all the wrought of all the bad foundations previous leaders has done!

In the last election, am very sure u knw all nigerians wanted him to be there, not minding the party or tribe he's from, people thought he's gentle and kind hearted, but never knew he was a snake under the green grass.
To be realistic with ourselves, 90 percent of dose who voted for jonathan will not do so in 2015 if he contest except the election is altered!

Tell me one sector of the economy that is working or that has improved since his inception, the only tin he talks about is POWER, and if u read newspapers lately, u'l find out that megawatts are been lost dailyand its clear not everywhere enjoys it.
Education, health, agriculture, employment has been in a state of steady decline since he has assumed office.

Now back to the topic, its not about the number of people that leave, but their political strength, I'l tell u categorically here that, these northern govs of this new faction are more powerfull and politically relevant than the others, wen we talk of their state population.
NIGER, KWARA and KANO states are among the most populated states in the north.
And taking NIGER where I base for instance, ALIYU BABANGIDA is loved by everybody, he dosent have any rival whatsoever politically, he's fully incharge, even KWARA and KANO too.

Now, don't tell me u'r not aware that obasanjo may be invoulved in this, coz he has annointed KWANKASO/AMEACHI ticket, if that is true then u'l b suprised at the end of the day that d jonathan group will be d one to call for settlement if obasanjo publicly declare support for the faction.

Also bear in mind that OBASANJO annointed OLAGUNSOYE OYINLOLA as secretary to PDP before he was removed by the court of law, and this same man is d new factional secreatary

So my brother this divided house of PDP would only give APC upper hand if they are united.

1 Like

Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by loverboi(m): 1:30am On Sep 03, 2013
I wonder why you'll just sit down at the corner of your room and analyse what u hear from ur street, coz am very sure u're from south-south area or igbo as ur cas maybe.
And u made the biggest mistake by calling jonathan the best president Nigeria have ever had, coz even if u'r deaf to hear what's going on in town, u shouldn't be blind to read articles online.

First of all, we don't need any1 to tell us, jonathan is the most cursed/insulted leader in the world, he's d biggest mistake in history of this nation, am not saying he's d cause but he's bearing all the wrought of all the bad foundations previous leaders has done!

In the last election, am very sure u knw all nigerians wanted him to be there, not minding the party or tribe he's from, people thought he's gentle and kind hearted, but never knew he was a snake under the green grass.
To be realistic with ourselves, 90 percent of dose who voted for jonathan will not do so in 2015 if he contest except the election is altered!

Tell me one sector of the economy that is working or that has improved since his inception, the only tin he talks about is POWER, and if u read newspapers lately, u'l find out that megawatts are been lost dailyand its clear not everywhere enjoys it.
Education, health, agriculture, employment has been in a state of steady decline since he has assumed office.

Now back to the topic, its not about the number of people that leave, but their political strength, I'l tell u categorically here that, these northern govs of this new faction are more powerfull and politically relevant than the others, wen we talk of their state population.
And taking NIGER where I base for instance, ALIYU BABANGIDA is loved by everybody, he dosent have any rival whatsoever politically, he's fully incharge, even KWARA and KANO too.

Now, don't tell me u'r not aware that obasanjo may be invoulved in this, coz he has annointed KWANKASO/AMEACHI ticket, if that is true then u'l b suprised at the end of the day that d jonathan group will be d one to call for settlement if obasanjo publicly declare support for the faction.

Also bear in mind that OBASANJO annointed OLAGUNSOYE OYINLOLA as secretary to PDP before he was removed by the court of law, and this same man is d new factional secreatary

So my brother this divided house of PDP would only give APC upper hand if they are united.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by jadelord(m): 2:42am On Sep 03, 2013
Billyonaire: Now, GEJ has fully taken over the party machinery, let me add to your permutation that 45% of 21 million strong Lagosians are Igbos and mostly of voting age, so trust me, GEJ is taking Lagos Votes and by extension the SW considering ...

who says.... facts plssss.... besyds ur 45% igbos in lagos are enjoying d benefits a responsive govt
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by ayomidefalaye(m): 2:51am On Sep 03, 2013
It is only obasanjo that knew atiku very well he I s a useless leader God save NIGER from atiku he is a polica jisebe
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Segema: 4:33am On Sep 03, 2013
Your analysis is simply biased, Yes, GEJ is taking over PDP, but can't you see those opposed to him want to render it empty for him. Yes he will get the presidential ticket, but will the masses vote for him outside the SE and SS? My fear for him and his handlers is, those opposed to him are always one step ahead of him, even with state apparatus under him, he didn't get to know of the NGF, PDM and the walkout plans until they were carried out. Am sure he those not know or envisage the next plan. OBJ was able to checkmate Atiku, though he didn't get the 3rd term. But for money, I would have predicted the NASS as next battle ground with GEJ fighting not to be impeached. I would say his, GEJ's only saving grace is to deliver dividend of democracy seriously before 2015, I doubt if this will happen cause corruption is too much in the land.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Segema: 4:37am On Sep 03, 2013
Your analysis is simply biased, Yes, GEJ is taking over PDP, but can't you see those opposed to him want to render it empty for him. Yes he will get the presidential ticket, but will the masses vote for him outside the SE and SS? My fear for him and his handlers is, those opposed to him are always one step ahead of him, even with state apparatus under him, he didn't get to know of the NGF, PDM and the walkout plans until they were carried out. Am sure he does not know or envisage the next plan. OBJ was able to checkmate Atiku, though he didn't get the 3rd term. But for money, I would have predicted the NASS as next battle ground with GEJ fighting not to be impeached. I would say his, GEJ's only saving grace is to deliver dividend of democracy seriously before 2015, I doubt if this will happen cause corruption is too much in the land
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Segema: 4:47am On Sep 03, 2013
figment232: But they re nw sitting on d fence,INEC wud nt recognise them n they wont have any say in PDP infact they re in no man's land as it is now.The only tenable option 4dem nw is to leave PDP.
you fail to consider the legal implication of fact ionisation in the party, once the Atiku faction gains ground, with its own sectarian, officers and court backing, then INEC's recognition cannot be sure at the federal level for either group
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by blaqoracle: 5:17am On Sep 03, 2013
[quote author=GraphicsPlus]Atiku and 7 governors walked out of the PDP national convention to shoot themselves at the feet at Shehu Yaradua Centre in a bid to factionalize PDP. But what Atiku and his boys did not know is that their action is an express cruise to victory for Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan(GCFR).

It is no news that at the Special Convention of the PDP yesterday, the Turaki of Adamawa, Nigeria's former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar apparently sensed the obvious failure to secure his political interests in the convention, quickly made an eye contact and body signs to his boys, the dissident governors and co, and the result was an immediate walk-out in watery protest that resulted in forming a purported new PDP. I dont need you to tell me you from the south east;that is the way they reason,that is the way they talk
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Segema: 5:23am On Sep 03, 2013
Eyan mi, fa faa faaa foul, the SW does not vote religion, it has never happened, we vote intellect, courage and development and that is why we will still vote APC and not GEJ, SW Govs are building roads and bridges and the people love it, plus most of the ad roads in the region are federal roads. The thinking presently in the region is , we never had it bad as the PDP years. The people see Tinubu/Fashola as heros. On the debts you mentioned, nobody eyan mi is talking about, why, they are not ending up in private pockets cause the people can see the changes all around. On ondo, naturally Iroko is loved, it will take serious failure on his part for his people to see his fault. PDP ruled at the centre and allo se the SW except Lagos how did the region do, while Lagos did well you can't say same for others and even now not mu h is coming from the centre to the region
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by blaqoracle: 5:38am On Sep 03, 2013
I dont need you to tell me you are from the south east;that's the way they reason,that's the way they talk.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by jessep1(m): 6:37am On Sep 03, 2013
hardywaltz: Why are u guys worried now? Tym will tell.
In ur analysis u forgot to mention the pending battle for the control of National Assembly in the coming days, incase u forgot the Apc + New Pdp NA members are enuff to effect a change in the leadership of NA (unless the Almighty-Jang formula is applied).
The New PDP has a lot up their sleeves I just pity that kintagerteen/trainee president
sentiments apart,the APC + New PDP can't effect any change irrespective of what they have in their sleeves,"whether Long or short" they are just too greedy to succeed and moreover they don't have the interest of Nigerians or Nigeria at heart they only want to take their revenge on PDP!
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by jessep1(m): 7:24am On Sep 03, 2013
loverboi: I wonder why you'll just sit down at the corner of your room and analyse what u hear from ur street, coz am very sure u're from south-south area or igbo as ur cas maybe.

whose side are you on?APC,the new PDP or u're just an Anti-GEJ...u're clearly divided,confused or maybe greedy just lke the afore mentioned!

1 Like

Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by jaytee01(m): 7:46am On Sep 03, 2013
anuoro: I agree to this. Goodluck Jonathan for 2015. Just in 3 yrs of ternure He have achieve 70% of his transformation agenda
And this happened in your ogogoro induced dreams...abi?
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by kunlefat: 8:07am On Sep 03, 2013
GraphicsPlus: Atiku and 7 governors walked out of the PDP national convention to shoot themselves at the feet at Shehu Yaradua Centre in a bid to factionalize PDP. But what Atiku and his boys did not know is that their action is an express cruise to victory for Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan(GCFR).

It is no news that at the Special Convention of the PDP yesterday, the Turaki of Adamawa, Nigeria's former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar apparently sensed the obvious failure to secure his political interests in the convention, quickly made an eye contact and body signs to his boys, the dissident governors and co, and the result was an immediate walk-out in watery protest that resulted in forming a purported new PDP. This inglorious exit was certainly insignificant as the mammoth crowd remained same; indicating their poor followership in the party.

I have studied and analyzed this infamous move of Atiku and his boys and considered the event and possible resultant effects. By this, I see the birth of infamous 'new PDP' as clear signs of GEJ's shortest cut to Aso Rock unhindered. It is totally clear that the Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, the nation's electoral umpire will NEVER recognize 'the new PDP' and its leadership making it impossible to field-in candidate in 2015 election. Again, with Atiku as leader with presidential ambition under this unpopular platform, and if it later leads to Peoples Democratic Movement, PDM chaired by one of Atiku's aides, which will actually be the end of the road that leads to nowhere near presidential villa come 2015. In the other hand, the major opposition to the GEJ's and PDP, All Progressives Congress, APC is already in internal squabbles over who flies the party's flag in the 2015 presidential election. In this case, the old trojan horse, the 'professional' presidential candidate of all seasons, Gen. Mohammed Buhari and others of northern extraction are already on ground to tear the zone (North) in pieces to the advantage of PDP.

Already, GEJ's men are in full control of five out of the six geo-political zones. The North-East for now is the zone yet to be occupied by GEJ's political network. Taraba, Borno, Yobe, Bauchi, Gombe and part of Adamawa states of the North-East are in GEJ's safe hands. In Katsina and Kaduna of the North-West the fresh air is still full blown. While Jigawa, Kano, Sokoto, Kebbi and Zamfara are opposition's stronghold, though of no much import as GEJ emerged without them in 2011.

North-Central for sure is GEJ compliant with Kogi, Plateau, Benue states, and Abuja FCT, leaving Nasarawa to its fate while Kwara and Niger states are still indecisive. For South-South and South-East zones, they will always remain GEJ's indisputable fertile ground and ever untouchable by the anti-GEJ. The South-West states certainly have no strong interest at the centre. The guys there are contented with the control of the regional states and will of course repeat their 2011 miracle for GEJ.

This position is logically and objectively x-rayed.

Atiku has just made the greatest mistake in his political career by trying to factionalize PDP. He has failed to understand that what this means for him and his governor boys is that they are sitting on the fence.

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GCFR) is the best president Nigeria has ever had. Sentiments apart. But do you notice how INEC is freely exercising their duties independently without GEJ interfering? If it were OBJ, who is a judge to rule and order PDP and INEC to recognize Andy Uba as the authentic governorship candidate for Anambra gubernatorial when the National secretariat which is under the president favours another candidate? Goodluck Jonathan is an evangelist of rule of law. We must forget sentiments, religion and tribalism and throw our weights behind him come 2015.

God bless Goodluck Ebele Jonathan (GCFR)!
God bless Federal Republic of Nigeria!
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Cupid4(m): 8:09am On Sep 03, 2013
Politicians and their over-rated permutations and tactics, who can know and win the minds of the elite electorates, only those who perform up to expectations, so good performance is a function of electoral victories nowadays, not all your mathematical analysis
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by baslone: 8:26am On Sep 03, 2013
wwwkaycom:
It is foolhardy to say that Wamako, Sule Lamido, Babangida Aliyu, Kwankwoso, Amaechi and Bukola Saraki are weaklings in PDP, @op, now tell me the support base of Jona if he has lost the core north and south west even before election. Note also that he cannot win in Edo and Rivers, right in his own south south GPZ if elections are conducted right now, you dont seem to know that these so called dissidents are out to allign with APC for a mother of all battles in 2015, you better advise the spin doctors of your paymaster to start restrategising instead of cutting and pasting an unfounded analysis on nairaland, you will be surprised....

I can't say for any one other individual, Bukola Saraki might be a weakling in PDP

but Kwara State is his personal family property. If he loses control of the state, he is

definitely losing to Belgore, Lai Mohammed and co.

GEJ is the last in the state's mathematics at all.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by jaytee01(m): 8:38am On Sep 03, 2013
Solarpower: have u askd ursf ds questn? 1. Is d whole of lagos state whch harbours close to 50% of the SW populatn 'all Yorubas'? Ans, 'neva-the ibos and other tribes in lagos,ogun and ibadan (esp lagos) whch r by far the mst populated SW states wil go 4 GEJ. 2. Are the cities of kano and kaduna predominantly hausas? Ans. ,.yes....but the southern populatn in these two states r enuf to giv GEJ close to 35% votes,esp the igbos. 3.Are GEJ's foot soldiers nt goin2 get even a vote in dia respctiv NW/NE states? Ans,..an EMPHATIC NO. They'l secure @least mre than 25% of d votes. 4. Has GEJ lost his grip on Rivers state? Ans......No..infact he has 100% control cuz the state PDP chairman,the state police commsner and d REC(residnt electral commsner) r al his pple. 4. Will Imo and Edo states vote GEJ? Ans.....Yes,yes and yes....reasons..In Edo, Oshiomole wil return d gesture of allowng him to bcum govnor 4rm d court(@least wt a 50.50 split of d votes). In Imo, the state is divided. Jst an insignificnt factn of Rochas' APGA r al wt him. The Igbos of Imo cant bow to Western/Northern rule. Infact the states of Ondo,Imo and Edo wil vote GEJ back cum 2015 in order to stl hav deir bulky cut 4rm d fedratn's acct as per 'oil producng states'. Its no news d@ d northern govnors r agitatng 4 a slash in the allocatn of funds to oil producng states. This sentiment wil also b brough in2 play and these 3 states wil vote GEJ embloc. Watch and see.
I don't blame armchair analysts like u who for crumbs will fail to see beyond their noses.Do u think everyone is as stupid as u think to vote willingly with no TANGIBLE evidence of improvement in their lives? Point to specific life changing projects in any of those regions that guarantees ur fantastic estimated support? Even in d SS except Otuoke, what project has GEJ executed to make u believe he is entitled to even 50% support? Keep deceiving urslf
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by londoner: 8:51am On Sep 03, 2013
Can someone please explain to me the reason for this, seemingly sudden backlash of governors against Jonathan?

Its not clear to me why it came about and why governors are all united in it.

It can't be corruption or mismanagement, because they have been complicit in it until now.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Nobody: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2013
i would have say the above analysis could be right but looking at the way he talked about the southwest I see he is just looking from a point of imagination and it could only come to realization if it woild be a dream......just accept the fact PDP are seriously losing ground and if they are not careful 2015 may not be good for me
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by mandarin: 9:31am On Sep 03, 2013
[b][quote author=X-factoria]

Your analysis is seriously flawed! You assumed that the bunch of South-Westerners found on Nairaland are the same with those who will vote in 2015. All the noise about South-Westerners sticking with APC only exists in Lagos among those whose opinions are swayed by the compromised media. Most of those who will vote do not read newspapers and have no access to the internet. I am from the South-West, there is nothing like block votes in the coming presidential election along party lines. People in the South-West do not see the presidential election as APC vs PDP, they see it as GEJ vs Buhari (assuming APC presents Buhari). You also forget the religion angle, the perception that APC is all about a grand islamic agenda. And if you know that the South-West is almost 50/50 muslim/christians, and the fact that many Yorubas (especially those who were adults during Buhari's tyrannical regime) know that they have never fared well under a hausa/fulani presidency, there is no way Jonathan will not have a decent showing. Lest you forget as well, South-Westerners do not take orders from Tinubu. At least Ondo State have proven that to be true.

Now lets talk about the performance of APC Governors in South-West. Anyone in his right senses know that APC is set to lose Ekiti State thanks to Fayemi's intolerance of the opposition both within and outside of the APC. In the last 6 months, scores of people in Ekiti State have lost their lives by the hands of Fayemi's thugs and much more are in the hospital nursing wounds inflicted on them by same people. Ekiti people will surprise APC in their next governorship election. In Ogun and Oyo States, debt profile have risen 200%. In the first quarter of this year, three out of the top five most indebted states in Nigeria are Lagos, Ogun and Oyo States, all under APC. Wait...just before you say they inherited the debts, PDP's Gbenga Daniel left a debt of approximately N49bn and APC's Senator Amosun has taken it to over N200bn today. Most of these borrowings have been pilfered away through inflated contract awards. Go check how much they are awarding contracts. Sensible people in the south-west know that these APC "Angels" are no better than their PDP predecessors. They steal with reckless abandon!

Lastly, you assume that all is well with APC as well. In my Ogun State for example, there are about three factions in the APC from the state level down to the LG wards; those loyal to the Governor, those loyal to former Governor Segun Osoba and those who take order directly from Tinubu. I am sure that APC will not succeed in placating all aggrieved members before the general elections. So they are as much vulnerable as PDP.[/quo[/b]

Your take on the south west does not seems to agree with a general mindset of the Yoruba people i know too well. It is an insult for you to also say that a bulk of Yoruba outside Lagos do not read papers or are not under media influence! it shows your own ignorance of the south west because as far as i know this region, even in the interior villages, people are politically active, they are in the know and can make statements.The south west is the most informed part of Nigeria and don't be surprised there are folks that read newspapers on daily basis in the interior villages.
Another factor that determines political movements are the youths, even in the villages they are educated many having political and educational exposure and their parents are in the know through them, they watch television and listen to radio a whole lot which include international stations.
With the mentality of the west its only ignorants that will deny that Yoruba voters are fed up with inactivity on the part of President GEJ and for any one to point at religion as a political factor in the south west reveals his political naivety. President GEJ will be voted for or against based on his performance which is appaling in the region and the president's followers have labelled the region and its people as "rascals" and ingrates, they are his administration sworn enemies.So you think people have forgotten?
Internal squabbles i do not think will bear anything on who the people of the region will vote as their prsident,may be i do no know but i know its not GEJ.
i BELIEVE THE REASON yORUBA DID NOT VOTE bUHARI IN THE LAST ELECTION WAS DUE TO THE OVERBEARING ATTITUDE OF THE hAUSA/fulani and if that thinking should shift which i think it has...the result will shock you.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by chidinwachukwu(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2013
Isiterere: Could this be called a good analysis ?
Absolutely No, cos op is lazy and not in tune with reality as they continue to unfold .
All your permutation is just a wishful thinking.
Only PDP (People Doing Punches ) can pay for this kind shallow analysis .
Ooops!,In the deepest part of your mind you know the Op is saying the truth.Laugh wan kill me what costly miscalculation.Up G.E.J
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by akpanbaba: 12:55pm On Sep 03, 2013
Atiku has no character ab initio and God has saved this nation from the hand of Atiku.Before the election he will join APC with other harlots.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by jpphilips(m): 1:59pm On Sep 03, 2013
Ugoh11: I am utterly amazed at the level of reasonin on ds thread of wot wud b nigerians youth...i expect dat in all ur analysis it wud have bin more objectv dan subjectv...
1,i hear some pips say if ibos vote in for GEJ he is assured,my questn is r d ibos fairin any betr undr ds regime..we have d highest cutoff marks at both secondary nd tertiary level to gain admission dan any other tribe..ibos r d mediocres in civil service structures with most of them at low to mid levels..our states have not fared any betr from d federal point of view....except if d enugu intl airport is wot u feel is wot we deserv aftr 3budget cycles
2, our educatn sectr nd health sector has more or less dwindled under GEJ...with d ministr o state for educTn leavin hs duty post to fite a gov hu in every respect has done well for hs people..
3..lastly my people dr r over 40million youths without jobs out of whch 23million have tertiary education..
4..our foreign reserves r depletin wen crude oil prices r increasin nd d bkip tellin us our GDP is risin... Well if u must knw.. Our GDP is more of a reflectn of d growth of one biz man..Aliko Dangote not an expressn of GROWTH as d wuf have us bliv
IN ALL of ds wot am i sayin... I expect us as learned individuals to look byound etnicity nd phony politics to actualy concisely examinin d situatn with a view to holdin our present leaders responsible or support one with credibility nd vision cos evidently GEJ lacks One

no no no, you don't write like a learned individual, in fact, my dog write better than you, take offense if you wish.
how can you be writing ogoni in a forum and still call yourself "learned"?
you write like a conductor who is in a hurry to handover the daily voucher to his driver.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Wins All The Senatorial Seats In Oyo - PM News / Ooni’s Corpse Is Not Available Because He Still Alive-palace Chief / Between An Old Buharist And The New Buharideens By Dele Momodu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.