Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:16 PM

What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. (27738 Views)

EXPOSED- How State Governors Did Not Allow Jonathan Save For The Rainy Day – NOI / Atiku And 7 Governors Walk-out Of PDP Convention / The 7 Characteristics Of An Eagle And Why They Are Lessons For Good Leadership (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Idunobaehis(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2013
londoner: Can someone please explain to me the reason for this, seemingly sudden backlash of governors against Jonathan?

Its not clear to me why it came about and why governors are all united in it.

It can't be corruption or mismanagement, because they have been complicit in it until now.
Too much interference with the Governors forum and weakening of the Governors power in Nigeria Politics.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by mrphixit69yaho(m): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2013
I lend my voice in total support to the submission of my brother BILLYONAIRE.mr Jonathan will surly win come 2015. As for Amechi, his over-ambition has lead him to a political suicide. We await hisPolitical interment.

1 Like

Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Solarpower(m): 3:40pm On Sep 03, 2013
jaytee01: I don't blame armchair analysts like u who for crumbs will fail to see beyond their noses.Do u think everyone is as stupid as u think to vote willingly with no TANGIBLE evidence of improvement in their lives? Point to specific life changing projects in any of those regions that guarantees ur fantastic estimated support? Even in d SS except Otuoke, what project has GEJ executed to make u believe he is entitled to even 50% support? Keep deceiving urslf
Mr. Jaytee,let me school you a bit cuz it seems ur stl being fed milk politically.Evry NLndr here is airing his/her view(s) and learning at d same time. We'r nt political prophets/pundits,thereby makng our calculatns a 50-50 prediction.Calling me an armchair analyst d@ eats crumbs is a clear case of 'a pot calling a kettle black'(d@'s if u knw w@ it means). Let me ask u a questn-in all d previous electns in whch u voted(d@'s if u'r nt a teenager cuz u sound like one) how many times did u stupidly and willingly vote for sum1 without any sign of meaningful devlpmnt/improvemnt in ur life? The masses always go out to vote irrespctive of anythng imprvemnt in their lives. W@ do the so called northern elites do for their poor masses d@ always warrants the massive and blind followership the elites enjoy during elections? To ur questn bout GEJ's perfmance in d SS,HE'S DOING WELL.Knt start wastng my strngth mentioning his giant strides to a naive person like u who will c no gud in w@eva the president has done. *tongue out*

1 Like

Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Dan2ike: 5:09pm On Sep 03, 2013
Let there be peace. ;DLet there be peace.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Solarpower(m): 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2013
takeprofit:

u forgot that it can be dangerous for a party to have faction. when both produces a flag bearer, which of them will inec accept. only the court can decide and u know how long it takes for the court to decide in nigeria. even when the court decides the unfavoured faction can appeal until it gets to supreme court. so a fictionalized party may end up not producing a candidate.
there's only 1 PDP and d@s the Bamanga Tukur led PDP. Rem,he holds the party's 'Certificate of Registration'. That's the only legit weapon to hold sway with in the war of factnalizatn and recognitn in court.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Dsdada: 5:56pm On Sep 03, 2013
PARTISAN JOURNALISM! FOR ME MY MIND IS MADE UP-I MAY NOT KNOW WHO TO VOTE FOR IN 2015-I WILL NOT VOTE FOR GEJ AGAIN IN 2015-OR EVER!
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Symphony007: 8:42pm On Sep 03, 2013
This senseless and shambolic soliloque of a stack raving made man made frontpage? I am disgusted greatly.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by londoner: 6:25am On Sep 04, 2013
Idun'oba ehis:

Too much interference with the Governors forum and weakening of the Governors power in Nigeria Politics.

Thanks, but can you expand on that please?

Well, they say your enemies enemy is your friend.I wonder what is really going on and what the govs think they fighting for, because these are the same individuals we are used to and they have never been known to put Nigeria first. They have a history of being passionate only about self interests, including GEJ

Either they have seen the error in their ways and are all turning a new leaf, or GEJ is about to change the political landscape. Although this may not be in the interest of Nigeria either.

Maybe its because he wants to run for another term.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by delvinmaya(m): 8:01am On Sep 04, 2013
tah, nigerians, quick to react, slow to remember. reading through all these post, i must confess that some gave me a running stomach, yet we are all entitled to our own opinions.
Someone mentioned the power of incumbency, brillant fellow i must add, yet other people are blind to it. GEJ does not need those seven governors, if the people in their states wont vote, the animals and grass will vote for GEJ, so dey there dey scream APC.
Amaechi just dug a pit for himself, and believe you me, those other six governors will turn out worse for it, just be patient and observe. For kwara, hmmmm, Fatah does not hold sway, neither does Bukky, all hold on the people of kwara died along with the older saraki, so bukky and his boy should just forget it.
The southwest? will only vote for GEJ if there is no better alternative, but they are sick and tired of tinubu. ask around and you will be shocked. Ondo will certainly vote GEJ, whilst Ekiti will be divided. Ogun is def APC, but still expect substantial votes for GEJ, Osun looks difficult, but Oyo will lean towards GEJ a little. Lagos, same as Osun. and i know all these cos i have had the opportunity to reside in each of these states briefly within the past two years, and the people talk.
x-factoria was definitely right in the summation.
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Solarpower(m): 2:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
delvinmaya: tah, nigerians, quick to react, slow to remember. reading through all these post, i must confess that some gave me a running stomach, yet we are all entitled to our own opinions.
Someone mentioned the power of incumbency, brillant fellow i must add, yet other people are blind to it. GEJ does not need those seven governors, if the people in their states wont vote, the animals and grass will vote for GEJ, so dey there dey scream APC.
Amaechi just dug a pit for himself, and believe you me, those other six governors will turn out worse for it, just be patient and observe. For kwara, hmmmm, Fatah does not hold sway, neither does Bukky, all hold on the people of kwara died along with the older saraki, so bukky and his boy should just forget it.
The southwest? will only vote for GEJ if there is no better alternative, but they are sick and tired of tinubu. ask around and you will be shocked. Ondo will certainly vote GEJ, whilst Ekiti will be divided. Ogun is def APC, but still expect substantial votes for GEJ, Osun looks difficult, but Oyo will lean towards GEJ a little. Lagos, same as Osun. and i know all these cos i have had the opportunity to reside in each of these states briefly within the past two years, and the people talk.
x-factoria was definitely right in the summation.
u sabi abeg. Make dm dy dia dy run dia empty and dry mouth. Wen d tym cums,ul c gudluk wining. And dnt 4get ,obj na dribbler. He's dribling d north so dy wont point accusng fingers at him dat he playd d game 4 south south. Abi u tink say yoruba man go want make aboki rule am?
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by Xfactoria: 4:55am On Sep 09, 2013
mandarin: Your take on the south west does not seems to agree with a general mindset of the Yoruba people i know too well. It is an insult for you to also say that a bulk of Yoruba outside Lagos do not read papers or are not under media influence! it shows your own ignorance of the south west because as far as i know this region, even in the interior villages, people are politically active, they are in the know and can make statements.The south west is the most informed part of Nigeria and don't be surprised there are folks that read newspapers on daily basis in the interior villages.
Another factor that determines political movements are the youths, even in the villages they are educated many having political and educational exposure and their parents are in the know through them, they watch television and listen to radio a whole lot which include international stations.
With the mentality of the west its only ignorants that will deny that Yoruba voters are fed up with inactivity on the part of President GEJ and for any one to point at religion as a political factor in the south west reveals his political naivety. President GEJ will be voted for or against based on his performance which is appaling in the region and the president's followers have labelled the region and its people as "rascals" and ingrates, they are his administration sworn enemies.So you think people have forgotten?
Internal squabbles i do not think will bear anything on who the people of the region will vote as their prsident,may be i do no know but i know its not GEJ.
i BELIEVE THE REASON yORUBA DID NOT VOTE bUHARI IN THE LAST ELECTION WAS DUE TO THE OVERBEARING ATTITUDE OF THE hAUSA/fulani and if that thinking should shift which i think it has...the result will shock you[b]

You are definitely not in tune with reality! Even when you try hard to explain that South-West people follow the media, the proportion of them who do that are still in the minority. If the media sway the people of the south-west so much, Buhari would have won there in 2011 because no day passes without a bashing for PDP in almost all available media, including Nairaland. The people should have hated PDP so much to not even consider Jonathan. The honest truth is that people know they are the same bunch of rogues - PDP or ACN or APC so they just narrow it down to the candidates.

Contrary to your assertion on why South-West voted GEJ in 2011, it was principally because many believed that he carried "grace and goodluck" and only partly because some just cannot imagine Buhari as President.

You also show some naivety when you talk about performance determining votes in any Nigerian election. If it was performance, why was Bisi Akande voted out of Osun in 2003? Why did Osoba lose Ogun in 2003? Don't tell me it was rigging because I know for sure that Gbenga Daniel was the popular candidate in Ogun State in 2003 - a time Osoba didn't do badly as a governor. Bros, election in Nigeria has never been about performance, it is so much about sentiments of all kinds. The list of such sentiments is long and in-exhaustive. Come 2015, it will not change. Majority of the people are still going to vote based on ethnicity, religion and greed. Whoever whips enough sentiments for the people to buy into wins. Those who will analyze candidates and vote objectively like you and I (probably) are not up to 5% of the voters' population. I suspect your illusion as you showed in your comments about south-west is to ignorantly equate education to objective reasoning. The two are not necessarily mutually inclusive!
Re: What Atiku And The 7 Governors Did Not Know. by pcnwamadi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 09, 2013
Standing5: Who doesn't know they plan to rig and are merely laying a foundation for their rigging exercise? All these analysis that interpretes all Gej Undoing as good moves in his favour is to keeg their last option, rigging, feasible.
since u already know, den keep quiet..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ephraim Inyang-Eyen To Open Provision Store For 23-Year-Old Okada Rider / Between An Old Buharist And The New Buharideens By Dele Momodu / Protesters Storm CBN Headquarters, Demand Emefiele’s Arrest, Resignation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.