Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,543 members, 7,823,380 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

No Matter What - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No Matter What (23560 Views)

*****no Matter What******* Chapter One / *****no Matter What******* Chapter One / Don't Quit No Matter What........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:03am On Sep 02, 2013
-1-

Read, comment and correct mistakes if seen tenx.

The hired assassins came right in with full force after eliminating
the gatekeeper. Tade was the leader of the troupe of this assassins sent to chief Davies
house in order to eliminate him and get the money there. They went into different rooms as
big as the house was, it was painted cream colour, with leather sofas in the living room
and a plasma television. There was also a center table bought from england that worths several thousands of naira, sound systems and great speakers also were in the living room. It was tiled and it was a shinning one. They searched each room and met the maids in a particular room. They brought one of them out forcefully and made sure they were all quiet so as not to make the operation easily discovered. It was an estate, the policemen were patrolling when they noticed that it might be robbery and hid themselves around, the assassination and robbery was on by then, not quite long gunshots were heard, the chief and his wife were killed in their room. This made the policemen come around to see what was happening then fire shoot out came up. The five guys noticed and started shooting the policemen that entered into the house till they got out with Shola, one of them carrying the neat white bag full of 20 million naira. The policemen started shooting when two out of those guys fell and died, shola was shot also by his hand and the bag was soaked of blood. They entered into the car and zoomed of with shola regarded as sholay by them in pain at the back seat of the car. The policemen couldn't go after them because more of them were already injured and some killed. The assassins escaped.

The assassins were sent by chief collins who was chief's business associate,they went to the same university to study when they were small but destiny made Chief Davies to get a good job through his rich dad then and he also started making his money and became rich also till he met hgis friend walking around still searching for employment oppurtunities and helped him. The promise was that they would be sharing the profit 70:30. Chief Davies so have the highest share but after many months that the family became best of friends, chief Collins started complaining of the money he was receiving as too small for him. It was chief Davies who built him the house he and his family ® living in and even one of his cars which was his first car, sportage. When he had been complaining about his percentage he was been given by his friend, Chief Davies thought about it but also knew about his bad spendings outside. He spends most of the time in club houses, this made chief Davies thought that he should not add to his percentage due to this lavish spending until he changes. It was the last business they went into that the profit was 20 million naira and made Coliins thought of eliminating him and his family so that he can own any amount of money earned.

The morning came when Tade called chief collins to tell him about the operation they went for when everything turned into a big quarrel.
'Hello chief, this is too inform you that the operation was bad' Tade said looking so dull.
'Bad?' He repeated and looked at his wife on seat so close.
'What happened?' He continued.
The policemen came now and killed two out of my guys and even sholay has been shot now!' He replied with his bad tune, he was very much in anger
'What! Policemen, how come?' He thought in his heart.
'So what of the money?' He said deeply in thought of what it might have caused
'The bag is here with me, you can come and pick it any time but you will add to the former money o. Like 10% of this 20 million' he replied
'2 million? How possible is that? After I've given you a million for this job?' He asked looking so angry. He stood up in annoyance and removed the cap on his head looking like a frustrated person.
'Does it matter? It doesn't. Two were killed and even one shot here now. If not for being a professional and having a doctor in this house what might have happened? He questioned.
'So meaning? 2 million? I will give you don't worry.' He replied and ended the call.
He moved closer to his wife smiling at her and told her that chief Davies had been eliminated. They were happy and celebrated.

Olajumoke, the only child of chief Davies hurried back from school to the police station that was described to her by one of the maids that called her£ she was accompanied by Tolulope her best male friend who drove her down there due to her mood. Investigation was already on and the corpses were already moved to the mortuary. The policemen were questioning the maids when she arrived with her dressed in a pair of jeans looking so beautiful but depressed and has been crying all day. She arrived there and confirmed her parents were dead and fainted......
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:05am On Sep 02, 2013
-2-

What a day it was for Olajumoke, she was lying on the hospital bed with a ear ring on her ear and the other lost. She was totally looking troubled and deserted. Her eyes were wide opened but she couldn't talk. Tolulope sat beside her there, he was close to her praying for her to get well. What a bad occurrence!

Chief Collins and his wife were sitted in the living room, discussing about Tomisin and her family. They've been laughing and gisting after they've both conspired to do a bad thing.
'See dear, their wahala is even too much for my liking. I've spent a lot on this case trying to find out who the culprit is, what rubbish!' He said and laughed
'Abi oo. But something bothers me darling..... She was saying when her husband cut in immediately.
'What is that?' He wondered, adjusting his sitting position and eager to hear what she had to say.
'I'm afraid of this girl, Jumoke. I think her issue may be a half-killed snake that is very poisonous' she reasoned out, nodding her head up and down like an assured person.
'You're right sha but she is just a rat.' He started laughing so hard and sat back.
'She is the smallest i can bring down.' He continued, looking relieved.
'Okay, I even trust you' she replied

Olajumoke was lying down when Mrs Collins arrived into the hospital. She had already been discharged. She came to pick her to her house, she behaved so cool and symphatetic to her but her heart was full of evil thoughts to her so that she and her husband would own the properties. The only child they've given birth to also was a male child, Seun who hates Jumoke so much because she disagreed to date him.
She came to the hospital and footed her bills, drove her home for her to refresh and they started discussing. She didn't know what really happened but wished to see her parents' corpses in the mortuary. She was later driven to the mortuary through the policemen from that same police station. She got there and wept so hard again. She was distabilized when the corpses were brought out, looking cold, the wound of the gunshot was visible there£ she couldn't control herself and almost tore herself apart. She was more than weird!

Tolulope already knew that she was there with them, schooling continued but Jumoke couldn't just go. She was lying in the guest room that afternoon when Seun came home to spend a day at home. He entered, wearing a red T-shirt and a brown trouser. He had afro on him and looking so handsome and also with a golden chain on his neck. He was studying civil engineering in DANNY DAN university. Although he was in that university but he was dull.
He entered into the living room and was ushered by his mum inside.
'My darling son, how are you?' She asked
'Fine as usual mum, how you doing? My dad?' He asked walking majestically.
'We're fine. Did you hear about what happened?' She asked and both sitted looking at each other.
' Yap, Davies right?' He guessed.
'Yes, its about them. Infact Jummy is inside here.
'Here? For what? How will she be here? What the hell is this?' He questioned and went on his feet.
Sit down son! You can't understand. She uttered.

He walked in angrily.

A week later.......

It has been planned already between the assassins and chief to eliminate Jumoke that night. Seun had already returned to school then, it remained Jumoke, chief and his wife in the house when they arrived in order to eliminate her away. Chief Collins was heartless and his wife, they thought all was and is money not knowing that its only God that helps and bless a man. Imagine a man that helped chief Collins from his background and placed him in riches yet his death was wished and overcame. Chief and his wife were in the living room watching the television when they arrived and the room was pointed to them.......
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:08am On Sep 02, 2013
-3-

The room was pointed to them and all was at alert to enter into the room, Tade led the gang wearing a three-quarter trouser and a fitted shirt on it. They were all sweating profusely while Tade walked stealthily upstairs with his gun held by his right hand, he opened the door with his left hand and set the gun to the bed then noticed there was nobody in that room.
'What the Bleep!' He shouted and rushed down the stairs. The house was very beautiful, painted brown with brown tiles used on the floor, leather sofas and the rest valuables in the living room. The house was bought for Chief Collins by Davies his best friend who loved and trusted him not knowing he was wrong. the house was indeed beautiful and beautiful doors were used in the house. It worths millions of naira.
Tade got downstairs annoyingly.
'She isn't there now! He said hitting his gun freely on the seat. He looked up like a totally confused person.
'What!' Sholay replied and hissed turning his back at Tade. He was also annoyed.
'What do you mean, so she isn't in this house! How come? Oh my God!'Chief pondered looking depressed.
'She is not there now! Tade said and angrily left with sholay. Chief and his wife angrily went upstairs and didn't find her in the room, they were annoyed and thought of where she could have gone.

Olajumoke was in the kitchen throughout the operation and overheard everything they said. She then knew that Chief and his wife were after her life and maybe they killed her parents. She couldn't stop crying all night.
The morning came and the night was like the slowest ever in her lifetime. She didn't sleep throughout shivering in fear. She changed her cloth and ran to school. She got there and it was saturday she met her mates washing clothes. They were all happy to see her but met her in bad mood. Timileyin cuddled her in and started discussing. She had already had a lot of piled up messages on whattsapp and e-mail.
'What has been happening dearie, how are now?' She addressed.
'I'm not fine Timileyin, never knew i will still be alive today. I've... Jumoke was talking Timileyin cut in.
'What! What has happened? Died?' She said and stood up looking so eager to hear her.
'I've been in ma dad's friend's house, Collins by name.I've had the feelings that he killed my dad until yesterday that i confirmed.'She said.
'Oh my God! You mean that man? I've told my Dad about you and he has promised to help. Let's go to his office to see him, but what really happened Jummy?
'I heard and saw some guys who came to kill me. They went to my bedroom and couldn't find me. I was in the kitchen then just sat there doing nothing, i saw gun with that man who went to my room and other guys. I also overheard the discussion they all made that they wanted to kill me. Timileyin.... She bursted into tears and couldn't control what she was saying.
Timileyin moved close to her and petted her to stop crying. It was so sad that day.

Timileyin's dad was a D.P.O of that police station who had been making attempt to join the other police station to investigate about this issue. He and the D.P.O of the other station are friends so the investigation would be easy.

The two friends got to the station in request of seeing the D.P.O and the whole incident was described to the D.P.O and he was touched. He promised to start the investigation that day and he did. Chief and his wife were arrested and detained.

Timileyin and Jumoke returned back to hostel that day and Jummy was a bit relieved but still very sad. They both started discussing about the properties of her dad and what will become of it.
'If not for my dad's brother who made sure the lawyer's wish should be made, imagine they never wanted to give me out of my own dad's properties, the man likes me and even told me that i should come and live with him but I've refused because his wife is a wahala on my path!' She expressed.
'No P, I've told my dad about it and he said u can move with us once you wish to and i think that's the best. Timi said.
'Thanks so much ore, i appreciate you so much. She thanked so much.
' What are friends for,its God not me. She replied.

At last they got search warrant to search chief's house. They searched thoroughly and eventually found the white bag with blood stain. It was so sad to his lawyer because they've found much evidence to deal with him. No sinner will go unpunished.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:19am On Sep 02, 2013
-4-

DANNY DAN UNIVERSITY is one out of the rest university that is situated at the outskirts of the city. It is a private university that Seun, Chief Collins' only child was attending. Seun is a tall, dark and dress-sensed guy. He is fond of wooing ladies on the campus, hated by many because of his pride. He had Olajumoke as his best enemy, he hated her because she was well cultured and nurtured for great pride in womanhood. She also hated him for his pride and dullness at almost everything he does that time. The university has many lecturers in it, known for excellence and discipline, one out the rest!

The news has started moving round about Chief Collins and wife in prison around the campus, people even do say it to his face. And make jest of him every now and then. Many knew him for womanizing and fornication, he was regarded as BADOO by his friends on campus. He was humiliated and finished by other students on campus for his parents in prison.

Olajumoke and Oluwatimileyin in a sunny afternoon that day decided to do and visit Frank, Chief Davies' brother to inform him about the culprit been known. They got there, sat down and was entertained before Frank came out to see them and welcomed them honorably with great pleasure of having them as visitors.
Frank cleared his throat and started,
'Now, I'm happy to see you, and especially you Jummy, you're looking good today' he commented
'Thanks sir' she smiled
' What has brought you girls here? Ladies rather, pardon me. He added
They all laughed and continued with the discussion.
' I've come sir to tell you that the murderer of dad & mom has been caught sir. She concluded
Yes sir, he is dad's business partner, Chief Collins. Timi supported trying to adjust her handbag.
'He has?' He was shocked
'Very well sir he's been caught sir, he...... The phone rang as Jumoke was talking on she then saw that it was Timi's Dad calling.
'You can pick it' Frank said.
'Thanks sir' she replied.

She was called to see him in the office right away with her friend to sort out something. She told Frank who took them there with the eagerness to see the murderer. They got there only for them to meet chief Collins and his wife. He was brought before D.P.O, Timi's dad. Chief Collins started pleading for mercy and his wife including Tade's trope also they've all been arrested. Many evidences are before them to show that they murdered Chief.

Once Frank saw Chief Collins he was suprised and shouted "you this man!" You killed my brother, he sat down on the offered seat and was deeply in thought. He had met him severally with his brother, Davies, whenever he went to see him in the office.
' I will spend any dime I have to make sure this man doesn't leave this place sir!' He uttered.
D.P.O laughed for few seconds, he picked his pen and brought out a form from a black file, straightened the paper and stretched it forward to frank to fill the form, the case has been forwarded to the central court. The case was getting more interesting...

in the hostel, almost everyone was out of room that evening. All were bored and came out to gist and catch some fun. Samson one of the students residing in the hostel came out to crack jokes with them since they were jobless. He started jumping out with a blue trouser and a singlet on him.

I have nothing much to say to y'all, as you all know me as the prince of princes and boss of bosses. Wanna share a joke with u guys. Its about akpors, one day he was in the calss teaching his students... Everyone became quiet and eager to listen to akpors' joke. He stared at them all for a moment wondering why the sudden taciturn by them all and held his breath.
He continued breathing and smiled. As i was saying, he entered into the class and ordered the students to sit down.
AKPORS: can u tell me what 2+2 is?
STUDENTS: the answer is 18.
AKPORS: good, 5x5 will be what?
STUDENTS:89, they replied
AKPORS: good of you all. Clap for yourselves. 8+9 will be?
STUDENTS: 1 is the answer.
AKPORS: you are blessed, that's the right answer.
That will be how it will be till the goverment pays my salary.
They all laughed at him, he was one of the funniest boy among them. They clapped for him & he left. Major general whykay moved forward to crack his joke too, they started clapping for him, he bounced out. They were also shouting 'na you oo' till he got to the front.

'Mine too is akpors oo. As you all know how foolish he is, lemme gist you about this particular one.
One day Akpors girlfriend was on the bike and met him trying to get some money through the ATM machine. she then decided to text him a romantic message.
GF: Darling, if you are sleeping send me some sleep, if you are eating, send me some food, if you are dancing, send me some music. If you ® crying, send me some tears,& if you ® withdrawing money fron the ATM send me some cash.
Yinka sighed and looked at their faces can you imagine what Akpors sent back? He asked them all
'Alaye mi talk na, you be baba naw no dey do this' Dunsin stood up from his seat
' He said, I'm in the toilet to his gf' yinka replied. Peope started laughing at him and was shouting so much. 'You and akpors aren't serious.' They joked.

Not quite long after, Timi and Jumoke came inside, suprised to see them all outside playing both greeted then went inside. They entered and started talking about the final wish they made about chief Collins. He would be visiting court the following week..........
Re: No Matter What by emmadiva(f): 7:24am On Sep 02, 2013
in keri hilson's voice 'i got ur back boy'

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:45am On Sep 02, 2013
-5-

Mr Olajide, he was a businessman. The brother of Chief Collins, after hearing all what has happened, he visited the police station to see for himself. He got there & and was offered seat in the D.P.O's office to see his younger brother. The seargent over the bar was ordered to fetch him in quickly, he got in and Olajide wept on seeing how he was. He had been tortured and severely beaten up.

'See your life Akinpelumi Collins, I've always told you all isn't money but you've never listened to me. Can you now see? Killing and eliminating lives for your wealthiness.' He nodded and continued crying.
'This is not the time to cry, you have to get a competent lawyer, not that one that came the other day and said he was a lawyer. This case is more than what you think oo, never knew that this kind of people still exist on this earth! Ending lives you cannot create.' He uttered in a shattered heart.
Collins went down on his kneels and pleaded to his brother to forgive him, he was crying profusely. Never knew it would end up that way.
'The only favour i reqiest from you is not for a lawyer but for you to train my son, Seun to be great in life. This case will lead to death, whether a good lawyer or not, I'm sure' he cried.
' Consider it done.' They hugged each other.

Exactly 10:00 am, the court was filled up with friends and relatives of both families. The judge was also on seat and all was in order. The case number and date had been called from the file. Collins, his wife, Sholay, Tade and biggiano, the third of them stepped forward.
The defecing lawyer stood up after they've made appearances before the judge. The court was so silent.
' My lord, I want you to know that this case that is before this court needs real and logical reasonibng. Although, the truth has been revealed but do you know that destiny can never be changed? Because it has been written that Chief and Mrs Davies were going to die that day and nothing can change it but the fact is if one kills and the murderer was killed too, we ® decreasing poco-a-poco sir.
Prosecuting lawyer stood up and smiled 'poco-a-poco' he thought in his mind.
' There is no smoke without a fire my lord, the accused himself and his wife that they committed the crime with back- ups to prove it my lord. I want you to judge in the manner of the law because they didn't pity the lates so they shouldn't be pitied.

' This case is so vivid and comprehensive, therefore this is my judgment. They all ® sentenced to death by hanging, then the properties of lates and these accused should be given to the daughter of the lates at the age of 21 years. I rise' he concluded

20 years later........

Adesina College Ibadan, one in the city of Ibadan. A mighty school to be precise with qualified teachers and non-teaching staffs. The school has a junior block and a senior block. The laboratories we're built with the senior building ande full of many apparatus. It has a computer room also dominated with a printer and teachers. The school also had a library and a competent librarian and full of books in it. The library painted white, a white board on which the rules and regulations written on it, the table was into compartments and each with a strong chair.
The school also had a workshop where the technical works ® been done. They make robots, and other stuffs in the workshop. The principal's office was situated at the main entrance of the school. Also full of books.

Temitope, son of Olajumoke who got married to Tolulope many years back. He was in SS2 this time, in Adesina College Ibadan (ACI). He was so brilliant and intelligent. Usually the overall second position almost every term. He was one of the best, respectful and polite. Tall and light in complexion, easy going and calm. Always the best at mathematics.
Oluwatomisin, also a student of that school. She was the best of the set, a mate of Temitope. She always had A1 parallel in school and Tope's best friend.
BOth were very close and read together, play together, share same thoughts, study bible together and many more. They loved each other like bother and sister, but Tomisin was more brilliant than Temitope and both collect many prizes. Preparation for GCE started all were serious with their studies and really preparing for the exam.

Temitope and his mum were sitting on the couch at the balcony discussing and his mum, Jumoke brought up a topic.
'Son' she called
'Yeap mom' he answered staring at her Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡..
'Have you any lover?' She asked smiling .
Temitope started laughing, even so loud at what his mom said.
'Lover?' Mom! He uttered
Olajumoke turned to him, looking at his face and both laughed out.
'Yes lover, do u have one?' She asked again.
'Okay okay okay, I've gat no lover mum!' He he smiled.
'You this boy, you still lying to me here!' She laughed.
'Mum, you are somehow' he faced-off.
'How?' She asked gently.
'Can't describe now, your question is as if... Don't know' he said laughing out loud.
'That girl, you like her right?' She inquired.
'Which one of them?'
'So they ® much son......'
'Noooo, you ® twisting my brain mum. Never knew you ® this funny' he replied dimming his eyes.
'You better talk, Tomisin' she laughed out.
Both started laughing, Temitope stood up staring at his mum.
'You this mum sef, how did you know her?' He aked smiling.
' I'm your mum, remember' both laughed.
'Okay, tell me howe you know her name'
' I saw her name on a get-well card downstairs that she gave to you.
'Wao! So i left it there you....' He continued laughing. His dad came inside smiling too.
'Dad why smiling?' He asked.
I overheard all what you and your mum have been saying, so tell us the truth now!' He continued smiling.
'You guys ®....' He laughed.
'Now go and dress, let's go and have fun out there.' Tolu said.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:45am On Sep 02, 2013
-5-

Mr Olajide, he was a businessman. The brother of Chief Collins, after hearing all what has happened, he visited the police station to see for himself. He got there & and was offered seat in the D.P.O's office to see his younger brother. The seargent over the bar was ordered to fetch him in quickly, he got in and Olajide wept on seeing how he was. He had been tortured and severely beaten up.

'See your life Akinpelumi Collins, I've always told you all isn't money but you've never listened to me. Can you now see? Killing and eliminating lives for your wealthiness.' He nodded and continued crying.
'This is not the time to cry, you have to get a competent lawyer, not that one that came the other day and said he was a lawyer. This case is more than what you think oo, never knew that this kind of people still exist on this earth! Ending lives you cannot create.' He uttered in a shattered heart.
Collins went down on his kneels and pleaded to his brother to forgive him, he was crying profusely. Never knew it would end up that way.
'The only favour i reqiest from you is not for a lawyer but for you to train my son, Seun to be great in life. This case will lead to death, whether a good lawyer or not, I'm sure' he cried.
' Consider it done.' They hugged each other.

Exactly 10:00 am, the court was filled up with friends and relatives of both families. The judge was also on seat and all was in order. The case number and date had been called from the file. Collins, his wife, Sholay, Tade and biggiano, the third of them stepped forward.
The defecing lawyer stood up after they've made appearances before the judge. The court was so silent.
' My lord, I want you to know that this case that is before this court needs real and logical reasonibng. Although, the truth has been revealed but do you know that destiny can never be changed? Because it has been written that Chief and Mrs Davies were going to die that day and nothing can change it but the fact is if one kills and the murderer was killed too, we ® decreasing poco-a-poco sir.
Prosecuting lawyer stood up and smiled 'poco-a-poco' he thought in his mind.
' There is no smoke without a fire my lord, the accused himself and his wife that they committed the crime with back- ups to prove it my lord. I want you to judge in the manner of the law because they didn't pity the lates so they shouldn't be pitied.

' This case is so vivid and comprehensive, therefore this is my judgment. They all ® sentenced to death by hanging, then the properties of lates and these accused should be given to the daughter of the lates at the age of 21 years. I rise' he concluded

20 years later........

Adesina College Ibadan, one in the city of Ibadan. A mighty school to be precise with qualified teachers and non-teaching staffs. The school has a junior block and a senior block. The laboratories we're built with the senior building ande full of many apparatus. It has a computer room also dominated with a printer and teachers. The school also had a library and a competent librarian and full of books in it. The library painted white, a white board on which the rules and regulations written on it, the table was into compartments and each with a strong chair.
The school also had a workshop where the technical works ® been done. They make robots, and other stuffs in the workshop. The principal's office was situated at the main entrance of the school. Also full of books.

Temitope, son of Olajumoke who got married to Tolulope many years back. He was in SS2 this time, in Adesina College Ibadan (ACI). He was so brilliant and intelligent. Usually the overall second position almost every term. He was one of the best, respectful and polite. Tall and light in complexion, easy going and calm. Always the best at mathematics.
Oluwatomisin, also a student of that school. She was the best of the set, a mate of Temitope. She always had A1 parallel in school and Tope's best friend.
BOth were very close and read together, play together, share same thoughts, study bible together and many more. They loved each other like bother and sister, but Tomisin was more brilliant than Temitope and both collect many prizes. Preparation for GCE started all were serious with their studies and really preparing for the exam.

Temitope and his mum were sitting on the couch at the balcony discussing and his mum, Jumoke brought up a topic.
'Son' she called
'Yeap mom' he answered staring at her Ơ̴̴̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴͡..
'Have you any lover?' She asked smiling .
Temitope started laughing, even so loud at what his mom said.
'Lover?' Mom! He uttered
Olajumoke turned to him, looking at his face and both laughed out.
'Yes lover, do u have one?' She asked again.
'Okay okay okay, I've gat no lover mum!' He he smiled.
'You this boy, you still lying to me here!' She laughed.
'Mum, you are somehow' he faced-off.
'How?' She asked gently.
'Can't describe now, your question is as if... Don't know' he said laughing out loud.
'That girl, you like her right?' She inquired.
'Which one of them?'
'So they ® much son......'
'Noooo, you ® twisting my brain mum. Never knew you ® this funny' he replied dimming his eyes.
'You better talk, Tomisin' she laughed out.
Both started laughing, Temitope stood up staring at his mum.
'You this mum sef, how did you know her?' He aked smiling.
' I'm your mum, remember' both laughed.
'Okay, tell me howe you know her name'
' I saw her name on a get-well card downstairs that she gave to you.
'Wao! So i left it there you....' He continued laughing. His dad came inside smiling too.
'Dad why smiling?' He asked.
I overheard all what you and your mum have been saying, so tell us the truth now!' He continued smiling.
'You guys ®....' He laughed.
'Now go and dress, let's go and have fun out there.' Tolu said.
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:34pm On Sep 04, 2013
-6-

The examination started just like a joke to all students. The day they were all expexting came in and was like a dream. Students started studying so hard to make sure they attain excellent performances. It was on Monday, they had chemistry practical which was an alternative to practical. Fortunately and happily, Tomisin and Tope were in the same center, in fact their seat numbers are not so far from each other. They both read on phone that midnight through mid-night call. They read the salt analysis so well and didn't follow their mates that were browsing for the likely questions on the internet. They were serious and God-fearing.

They both arrived early at the center, they agreed to meet at the junction not far from the school to be able to get to center so early. They've always thought in their minds that"the early bird catches the worm. They arrived there, it was a public school, actually not painted and there was a tree near the fence around the entrance where they sat to revise. It was their first time writing an external examination. The two prayed before reading the books.

The school had a black and weak gate at the entrance which was wide opened. The school was not that neat with the liters from the students that were attending the school. The floor was full of leaves around. They sat and watch them on the assembly. The assembly of the senior students was at the front of the senior building which was not so big. They had a wooden funny staircase and a flat landing which was not so tall that the chapel prefects did sing every morning. The had a base drum and just 1 rolling, they were not organised with the drumming at all. Tope watched them and was attracted, he laughed within him and said 'father thank you'. He got back facing his book, and reading when the two were attracted by the prefects again who held a cain each and flogging the late comers. It was so funny to them that the prefects had a cain each to beat any student, they were amused and wondered. The teachers had a spot they all stood and were looking at how the assembly was going on before a teacher stepped forward to give a word of advice and aftermath prayed for the. It was such of amusement to them especially the organisation of their assembly.
They ended the assembly and students started arriving, Tope and Tomisin decided to sit near where all the candidates were sitting not to be out of place and order. The sat on a pavement in front of the staff room of the school, serious students were revising while other unserious ones were gisting and not at all organized. The two were attracted at a boy there, Fola by name. He hasn't been revising and was dressed as if he was on his way to welcome the President's daughter as a wife-to-be. He was putting on a pencil jeans and a T-shirt of wine colour. He was putting on a canvas also and a big designed chained.
Tope and Tomisin laughed.
He hadn't been reading rather he had been going to and fro, welcoming girls that entered. He was so jobless.
'I'm tired of reading jare!' Tope uttered, brought out his photocard and reviewed it.
'Abi oo, since midnight' Tomisin replied trying to close her textbook, also brought out her photocard.
'So na only three people wey go be for our middle' Tope winked.
'Yes ooo' she replied laughing at her passport photograph used on the registration slip.
'You are also laughing at yourself, see how you be' he laughed.
'Na u sabi' she replied and inserted it into her clear bag back.

Ghana.....

Tonia entered into the house, she was looking so worn-out. She saw her mum on seat, smiled and went to greet her kneeling down.
'How was the exam darling' she smiled at her, drawing her up to sit down beside her.
'It was so much fun, met different people and. The exam was so simple.' She replied.
'That's good, may God help you' she prayed.
'Amen, that guy em.... Tope, he is also writing this exam too abi?'
'Tope, who is.... Oooooh! My friend's son, yes Jumoke told me that he is writing the exam too' she replied.
'Okay' she smiled and stood up, trying to move in.
'Why the did you ask?' She smiled opening just an eye to tease her daughter.
'What mum, don't turn this to another thing oo' she laughed.
'Hmmn, na u sabi' she concluded.
Tonia walked in getting her jacket off on the way.

Timileyin, the mother of Tonia and Lucia. She got married some months after her best friend, Jumoke. She relocated to Ghana with her husband before giving birth to Tonia who was her first born. She had always call them husband and wife. Tope's pictured was with Tonia sef. She loved him seeing him from the photograph, 'he is handsome, with a white teeth' she had always thought, falling in love with someone she usually speak to on phone.
What a life!
Tope also had her picture in the house at home but has never like her despite his mum's effort to make sure he did see it everyday. He loved Tomisin so much even at secondary school level.

The paper ended, Tope and Tomisin were gisting about the paper they just finished.
'What a beautiful one, if the marker isn't insane sha o, I must get at least 48 out of 50'. Tope boasted.
'Same here jare dear' Tomisin replied.
'can you imagine that the jobless boy, that guy roaming about with girls was sitting with me in the exam hall' Tope frowned.
'I saw him na, he was even disturbing you' she laughed.
'Is it fu....' He was saying when some masked guys rounded them and dragged them into the bush

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
A mistake of posting it twice, pls comment for me to contine and know I've not been wasting my effort please!!!!
Re: No Matter What by Mynd44: 9:44pm On Sep 04, 2013
Temitope Daniel: A mistake of posting it twice, pls comment for me to contine and know I've not been wasting my effort please!!!!
Solvedgrin

and good work, continue
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Tenx so much jare. Any mistake?
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:53am On Sep 05, 2013
-7-

Tope and Tomisin were so much afraid that Tope was shivering. He thought within him 'had I known, I should have allowed mum to bring me, rather than refusing.' They were inside the forest there then the guys of their stature started laughing and unmasked. It was funny seeing their mates in class do that. To their suprise, it was some of their classmates also comming from their various centers and met on the way who did that.
'What is this! So its you guys.' Tope lamented.
'What! David, Ayokunmi, Folarin, Adeola and you this goat, pointing her hand "Bolaji"' she commented.
They both stood up looking so dull and happy, the guys were still laughing while Tope being annoyed and was looking so depressed.
'Sorry, we had to do that to make us all happy' Bolaji said joining his hands together.
'Yeah, we saw you from afar so we thought hiding and ambushing you will be the best' Ayokunmi laughed.
'Was it funny, I almost had heart attack' Tope complained smiling a little.
They all laughed.
'Abi now, I was terrified that had I known I shouldn't register for this exam, imagine, Bolaji carried me' Tomisin also added.
' We are sorry, now how was the exam?' David inquired.
'We thank God, not that bad sha' Tomisin replied, all moving out of the bush to the pathway.
'Yes ooo' Tope added, cutting a leaf beside him.
' I knew it, I knew I would be good for you guys. Ours wasn't good tho' Fola said looking dismayed.
'What! You are pulling my legs right' Tope glanced at them one-by-one.
'It wasn't jurh!' Adeola too added his.
'But it was simple to us now, especially the salt analysis.' Tomisin responded and squeezed her face.
'You guys are... Hmmn.' David said too, smiling at them.
'Are?' Tope asked.
'Good now, you are more understanding and brilliant' Folarin cut in.
'No no no no no ooo, that's not the issue. It was great and its not about someone being brilliant and the others dull' Tomisin complained.
'We're just pulling your legs, it was awesome na, 90% of what the lesson teacher taught us.
They all laughed.

Oluwatomisin got home after spending many minutes at the gate knocking. She entered looking tired. It had been an hectic day, her first time writing an external exam, taking cab herself and even surrounded up by some guys.

'How was the first of all papers?' Her Dad asked lying on a couch in the sitting room.
'It was very fine dad, I had a lot of fun again.' She replied, having her sit and looking tired.
'Hmmn, you mean students' dressings rights?' He smiled.
'How did you know dad, quite funny how some people dressed as if they were attending a party.' She replied.
'That's normal, people do that a lot sha so its not a suprise to me, get your food on the dinning.' He pointed.
'Wao! Thanks dad. So you cooked?' She smiled.
'Sure, why won't I, for my beautiful daughter' he nodded smiling.
'Thanks dad.' She repeated and thought in her "my beautiful daughter".
The family was moderately okay, Tomisin lost her mum during child birth, so her dad vowe not to marry again and bring up his daughter with all his ability. He loved her so much and has always cared for her. Seun, the only son and child of Collins then gave birth to Oluwatomisin, Tope's soul mate.....

After Tomisin has eaten, her father called her and narrated to her his financial capacity.
'Dear daughter, I've been running after a contract now, I've spent several millions of naira and hoping it to be mine until I discovered it has been awarded to another engineer out there. The only helper I've got died last week, my father's brother. I've got no money now, I will have to pay your school fee and others from what I have here now. Daughter, please try all your possible best to make sure you make it' he sighed looking so sad.
'Dad I promise you that a 100 times. I will bring out this family's name. Everyone will know. Sorry about that of the contract, just get together, Lord help us.' She went sad.
'I trust you, just go inside, relax and read. Success is yours' he stood up.
'Thanks dad'

After talking with her son, Olajumoke went to the balcony to call Timileyin. She was so concerned about Tonia, she had always thought of having her as a daughter-in-law.

'How was my daughter-in-law's paper today?' She inquired.
'Ore, it was fine ooo. What of Tope, my son-in-law to be precise?' She asked.
'He's fine and he said the paper was fine, God crown their efforts will success' she prayed.
'Amen oo, that's the koko oo' she replied.
'I'll be visiting Ghana next month after their exam to greet you and Tonia' she smiled.
'That'll be great, you just asking of Tonia, what of Lucia na' she laughed.
'Aaaah!' She exclaimed.
'How is she oo, my darling daughter' she continued.
'Great here, sha be doing partiality, because she is your daughter-in-law don't ask of anyone else' she smiled.
'Hmmn, are you now jealous?' Both laughed.
'Okay we'll talk later' Timi said.
They ended the call.
Temitope overheard their discussion from his room and laughed. 'This mum nawaa oo' he thought.

Tonia, a very beautiful and brilliant girl in her college, in Ghana. Many loved her because of this her beauty, white teeth, fresh and sweet smell and her great stature. She was the best of her set also because she did read like anything. She fell in love with Tope's pix that she was given by his mother and started loving him, without seeing him before. She was of the same height with Tope himself and hated lies and cheating. She lived with her parents in a well furnished apartment they bought in Ghana, it was wonderful. The furnitures and other wooden materials used in that house was muah! And always shinning. The house was more than mighty with each room as big as some people's big sitting room. They were blessed.

Temitope and Tomisin were sitted taking a fan lolly youghurt after their paper that day. Thay had physics alternative to practical.
'Why don't you like browsing, I just don't know why yoy have an e-mail, g-mail, facebook, twitter, and the rest without cisiting them' Tomisin lamented.
'Just don't know too, but I distaste it sha, hardly do I even check my mail not to talk of Facebook and the likes' he replied.
'O ga o' Tomisin said.
'Let's start going home oo' Tope uttered.
They stood up and left the place for their various houses.
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
-8-

The examination ended, everyone was happy & were praying for an awesome result. Tomisin was happy and same Tope. The going and coming to the center will be a great relief. Tomisin thought in her that how much she read, all will be fine and make it in life.

Tope's mum, Timileyin left early in the morning through flight to go and visit her friend in Ghana. She was dressed in a perfect and thoroughly expensive Ankara gown she spent a lot of money to sow. She was perfectly beautiful in it, with another gold chain on her necklace. It had a shinning and attractive pendant and she had a beautiful wire-worked bead on her two wrists. She also had a black pair of shoes and a golden ear ring also.

She was great!

She got to the airport, sitted waiting for the arrival of Timileyin. She sat quietly with a wine colour travelling bag. It was filled of her clothes and jewellries, she sat for some minutes before Timileyin arrived there to pick her. She was also dressed in a red gown, a high-heeled shoe of red colour also, she had a pause with her also and a face towel looking sweet. They were both happy seeing each other and hugged. She was ushered into the car, Toyota camry of 2012 model. The car was so great too.

They were indeed rich!

They got home, walked inside the house. Olajumoke looked around and saw the house so great. She nodded looking at the house that it was a depot of money. The compound was big and the floor interlocked. Olajumoke's aim was to spend a week there and return. She got in, saw Yinka, Timileyin's husband sitted and smiled so great moving close to hug him. She was happy seeing him and all had their seats.

'Haha, na too long things oo, o to 'jo meta' Yinka said, smiling out.
' I dey kampe, so great and I don't need to ask you, seeing you this way' she uttered smiling in return.
'Abi na, how's everybody at home oo?' She inquired.
'We're all great. And here?' She asked.
'Same here jare.' Timileyin replied.

Tonia was approaching, coming out of her room to great Tope's mum. She was feeling so shy and was in a good dress, looking so so beautiful. She wondered how she was going to greet her when she gets there. They were on two weeks break in school, same Adesina College ibadan also. She came out after a lot of peeping to see her. She walked down there and knelt down to greet her. Olajumoke smiled and held her shoulder.

'How are you my darling.' She smiled at her and stared at her face.

'I'm good mum, and you too?' She asked also putting on a smiling face on her.

'I'm good oo, and how was this your examination?' She sitted and drew her close to her to sit with her.

'the exam was okay ma, we thank God.' She replied.

'What are you eating girl!' Timileyin cut in interruptedly.

'Wait who be girl sef oo, Timi, you don start.' They all laughed.

Temitope was tired of the short holiday they were given in school, he was already missing his mum, didn't know where to go to, he was so bored in that house. He had one of Tomisin's stories he was reading, he felt relaxed and was enjoying it although the house was boring, dad had gone to work and a short holiday his mum made use of to visit her dearest friend.

His phone rang, he walked slowly too the center table, he was already enjoying the novel he was reading. He picked it up and heard his mum's voice.

'Mum!' He shouted and was happy to hear her voice.

'Son, how are you dear' she asked.

'I'm not good oo, I'm too bored here jere' he responded.

She laughed. 'Sorry my husband, I will soon arrive, shay you've sha not missed me so much?

'You are funny, sure I've not mum' he replied.

'Tonia wants to speak to you here oo' she said quickly.

'Tonia?' Temitope thought and sighed.
'I know what to do' he nodded, still in thought.

The phone was given to Tonia to speak with him. She adjusted her voice to suite Temitope as a boy. Tope laughed in him on hearing her voice.

'Hello?' She asked.

'I will pretend as if I can't hear her, network problem.' He thought and smiled

'Hello, hello, any one there....

'Hello I'm here' Tonia interrupted.

'Hello, hello, can't hear anything oo. He ended the call and started laughing loud at himself.

"As the boss." He said.
His phone rang again, it was Tonia trying to call back, he saw the phone ringing and was staring at it, smiling and laughing at himself.

Timileyin and Olajumoke were sitted talking about the Tonia and Tope at the veranda.

'It will be like a promotion of our friendship, abi oo' Timileyin said.
'They are now old enough, already on their ways to the university. At least after the whole exam, we pray for good result and they will have it in Jesus name.

'Amen oo, I think he should come and school here, I mean his university' Timi uttered.

'Yeah, but just wondering if his father will allow him to sha oo' she replied.

'You will try to tell him naa ni, so that the two of them will know each other very well.' She added.

'That's true, I will make sure he adheres' she replied smiling.

'Good.' Timileyin spoke.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:29am On Sep 06, 2013
-9-

All well and good, Olajumoke arrived early, missing her husband and trying to leave another person's matrimonial house. Timileyin too promised to come and visit her after her daughter's WASSCE examination. Tonia was very much happy to see the person who she had been talking to for long face-to-face and even touch and talk to.

A week later....

The Senior Secondary School three(3) were so happy to resume back to school. Each person with his/her complain, they were dressed in a neat school uniform that day. They were all neat and looking responsible. The assembly was filled up that day again and students were quiet due to the resumption of the prefects. Temitope was so glad seeing Tomisin again, after two week of a short holiday. Although talked on phone but was eager to see her again. The Teachers looked at them very closely, asking each student how was the paper he/she was teaching.

What a school life!

'Dear, Ghana is a sweet place to live in, in fact far better than Nigeria and even their education system there.' Olajumoke said, lying down on the couch in the living room.

'So, how is Yinka and Timileyin there?' Tolulope asked trying to use the medicated thread to pull out the remains of the meat out of his mouth.

'All well and good. In fact Timileyin has grown big. I was suprised the day she came to pick me at the airport.' She uttered and felt so relaxed.

'Ehnehn? Its good, money is good for body na' he added.

'Sure oo, their house.... Mighty' she commented.

'Good, I have to see a friend now' he said, trying to put his belt together.

'Don't stay long dear, home alone now' Olajumoke frowned and complained.

'Just a matter of time.' He moved closer and pecked her.

Tomisin's father was lying down so sad in the house. He had used all the money on him to pay for his daughter's fees. He borrowed 5 million from the bank to use for a contract of several millions of naira, he wasn't awarded and his house was as take, he used it as the collateral. He was so sad, thinking all alone in the house before Tomisin arrived happy to see him until she met him a sad position. She went on her kneels beside him and was also sad.

'Dad, what's wrong?' She asked in a soft voice looking worried.

'Daughter, we're vacating thid house tomorrow. I've paid a year rent in the new house we are moving into. I'm sorry for not telling you this.' He uttered in dismay.

'Dad, why? What has happened? Talk dad!' She started crying.

'This house should be vacated because it was used as collateral for the contract I've been after which I wasn't offered.

They cried out... What a pity!

The next morning, Tomisin had already packed her things together. The small truck then arrived to help them pack their properties to the new house. The driver was of help and the man he brought along with him. They packed what they needed do quick and left the house. They got to their new apartment in the afternoon which was outside the estate and not far from Temitope's house. The day was saturday, Tomisin was just lying down on the seat in the living room, she was crying so much she also held her mother's picture too, while his father was inside relaxing. Although they still had their small car, Honda baby-boy with them for movement because Tomisin's Dad, Seun, Cherished having a car of his own.

'What! You're not far from my house! Come out of your gate, I will be with you shortly.' Tope said on phone, conversing with Oluwatomisin. He got up, changed his dress and left the house. He got there but amazed and unhappy seeing Tomisin that way.
He cuddled her, then her father wasn't at home any longer. Tope spent some hours with her, he was sympathetic with her.

Temitope's mum was taking him to school the following Monday morning. She was chatting with her daughter and both were playing in the car. She drove across Tomisin's house zoomed off. Tope pointed the place to her and explained all that has been happening to them to his mum. She felt sorry also and somehow sad, it will be totally absurd to stand and go and give her dad money, Jumoke thought in her and dropped his son off.

The Prefects were called on long break by the principal who held a plane sheet with him. He gave a speech and told them the main reason for the meeting was to announce to them about the strong competition that will be comming on. He called out the names of those that will represent the schhol from the departments. Tomisin & Tope were chosen to represent the school in the physics, chemistry, Biology competition. He chose other prefects also from other departments to represent the school in competing for their core subjects. Mathematics and English were general papers, competed by every candidate. The competion was from national level to state level then whoever wins will be taken to Australia for the last phase of the competition.

They all started reading.

The day of the first phase competition arrived like a dream to them all. They were all prepared and good to go. They've been though over and over again. They were on their ways to face giant schools who always collect gifts from WAEC for a job well done. 'In fact WAEC too will know there is a girl in this set.' Tomisin thought in her.

They finished the competition, the arts students of A.C.I, already disqualified from the competition, they failed mathematics but was the best at history and English there, other schools especially DDA passed them with only 5 marks to become the first for the 1st round, MCI passed with only 3 marks and KCI with just a mark to make the three schools first, second & third.
The commercial students made it to the second position, gapping the school that came third,KCI with 20 marks and were gaped with just 6 marks.
The science students........
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:06am On Sep 06, 2013
-10-

The science students... Tomisin came first, Temitope came second and a guy from KCI, came third. Tomisin and Tope were very happy, attaining the positions they had. They returned to school with joy and happiness. The second round was now on point, they were still afraid and both came together to read, the school powered a stand-by generator which, they've been in the library reading. They were provided with food and all needed materials. The principal had been expecting this kind of competition again because the first time they did that kind of competition, the school loosed, he then promised to do anything he can to make sure ACI win the next one.

A week later....

They were neat and dressed in a well ironed uniform, new socks and provided with all the needed materials. They walked into the school bus, and brought out books to continue reading.

READING NEVER ENDS.....

They got there and was so early. They've always kept to time in ACI, they were refreshed before the second competition started. It was a tough war between them all. At the end let your name be praised, Tomisin said and was on right track.

Adesina College, Ibadan, Tomisin came first again, Temitope was the second and the KCI guy third again, the two commercial students made it to the first and second positions also, they were all happy and returned to school, the third and last of the competition was the greatest challenge ever, the principal adressed and told them that it pays to loose from the first round & second than this, so more effort is needed.
They read like a person that will never read again.

Tonia was also leading in Ghana, imagine the intelligence and honour ahter the competition, Tope thought always. Tonia was also serious and her best friend Anita, both had been leading other schools in Ghana. Their school, Prime International College, was noted for deligence and hardwork, the school was one of the greatest in Ghana & Tonia was proud of it. The college is so big that there are main roads there and junctions. It has a main entrance where a ticket will be collected before entering. It had different piches, football, base ball, basket ball, badminton, volley ball, shot put and the likes.

They were dressed in mufty to the airport and were carried by the school bus. Tomisin's father had already prayed for her very much before she left, and same Tope.

They entered into the plane, that was the first time of Tomisin ever stepping into the plane, she was happy but never showed it. They went on, others were reading while Tope and Tomisin, sitting close to each other slept off.

They were tired.

'Are these people who want to make a good position?' Anjola, the guy from KCI thought in him and continued reading. They finally got there and were logged in a special hotel, all the participants were in that hotel. The plane from Ghana and that of Nigeria almost landed at the same time, there Temitope saw Tonia and both looked at themselves closely, they greeted and parted.

The boys has their rooms while the girls in seperate rooms also, Tope and Tomisin slept and relax instead of reading, although were afraid but couldn't read as planned by them.
Early the next day, the minister of education came to address them all. He admonished them to love one another even after the competition, hatred is not needed in the society. After the speech they were given an hour to revise then Tope and Tomisin read together with the two girls from commercial department.
WHO Z GONNA WIN??

They got into the hall and the competition started. They did it in such a way that schools in Nigeria and other states were viewing them through the television. Eventually, Tonia and Tomisin came first, Temitope and a guy from Botswana came second, Anjola and Tonia's friend came third - from science class. From commercial class, Folashade came third overall while some two guys from Botswana came first and second.

This can't be true, another examination was set for them to be able to get the final winner,

Who wins

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:11am On Sep 06, 2013
....... Comment(s) plzz.......
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:41pm On Sep 06, 2013
-11-

The examination was conducted, teachers and students were watching so closely to see who wins the competition. After many minutes the result came out, Tomisin's heart was beating so fast, she was very afraid. Eventually, Tomisin came first, together with Temitope, there was no second position, then Tonia came third in the science department. It was a great honour and pleasure to them. The school scattered when the result was heard, the principal was very happy that his doings were not in vain. The teachers were so happy, Adesina College Ibadan, coming to overrule other schools both in national, and international levels. The girl in commercial class, Folashade was very happy. She was so happy she made it up to that level and made it. They returned to the hotel they logged in and were given refreshments, Anjy and others that loosed were so moody and were weeping, it was God's wish.. Can never be changed!

Tonia walked down to Tope & Tomisin where they were sitting, she came to greet both of them and they all discussed.

'You guy are....' She shook her head, trying to express her feelings about their intelligence.

Tomisin laughed, she replied her, we are nothing, what of you? You were and you are great now.

Temitope kept mute and was looking at both of them. He stood up and told them both that he was comming soon, just to ease himself. It was a lie, he left them and walked to the room.

'So you are Tomisin right?'

'Yes, and you Tonia?'

'Sure sure' she replied.

'What a beautiful name' Tomisin commented.

Each got back to their countries, Tope got home after the whole day stress and was happy seeing his mum. He ran to her and hugged each other firmly.

'I'm very happy for you son, its a thing of joy, despite having many countries there!' Timileyin uttered.

'Yes mom, I thank God, it was really amazing mum, I'm so happy.' He replied.

'I heard that Tonia came third.' She smiled trying to get his bag off him.

'Yes ma, she came third for the science students, but it wasn't easy mum, read over syllabus and did it crazily' he added.

'We just thank god for this he has done, never knew you could come first and that girl.' She nodded.

'Its God....' He concluded.

The assembly the next day, it was so great. The head boy, Tope was in between the junior lines coordinating and checking their nails when the principal arrived give a speech and welcome them.

'All those who participated in the competition should step out' he paused waiting for their arrival while the students were clapping for them.

'It wasn't easy, from national to state and to international. Though, we all cannot make it to the best of it all but we should be able to try our best. The head boy and head girl came first in Australia.

Students started shouting and clapping hands. They were so suprised although they knew their school had passed but never knew that they came first.

'We are now recognised internationally. That's what I tell you, the way you lay your bed so lie on it. If you study hard you will make it and if you don't you won't. I must thank you once again fo a job well done and the teachers. Thank you. He turned and shaked them.'

The day came, the parents of the winners and the students who won were called, they all got to the hall provided for them to stay, wine, dine and receive gifts. The hall was beautifully decorated, there were high seats and principals' seats. Also the first lady was present. Tomisin and her Dad came in looling sweet, so Temitope too. They were good and great, they got right in, Tomisin sat down next to Temitope and Seun, Tomisin's dad went ahed to sit where parents were sitting. She was about to sit when he saw Olajumoke and was amazed. Both looked at each other closely.
What next!

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
-12-

"The day came, the parents of the winners and the students who won were called, they all got to the hall provided for them to stay, wine, dine and receive gifts. The hall was beautifully decorated, there were high seats and principals' seats. Also the first lady was present. Tomisin and her Dad came in looling sweet, so Temitope too. They were good and great, they got right in, Tomisin sat down next to Temitope and Seun, Tomisin's dad went ahed to sit where parents were sitting. She was about to sit when he saw Olajumoke and was amazed. Both looked at each other closely.
What next!"

He went ahead and sat down, looking so cold. He had a short stare at the students present to receive gifts.

Olajumoke sat quietly, she had a flashback of when she saw her parents' corpses and the way Seun talked the other day. She felt sad for a while and raised her head up, still glancing at him, Seun also tried to look at her then both eyes met again and both looked elsewhere.

The appreciation and commendation continued with the first lady's speech, she came and stood on the podium, she gave the speech off-hand. After the speech,each student that participated was called one after the other with their parents, at the end of the day, Tope and Tomisin were given 1 million each free including a scholarship to study in any university of their choices.

It was indeed great.

' Who was that man I saw there?' Olajumoke questioned.

'Who, which man?' He thought.

'That man dressed in white lace that The other girl, Tomisin followed' she answered.

'That her dad now, why asking me?'

'Nothing for now son, congratulations' she smiled but rather unpleasant.

'Thanks' he replied looking at her cold manner.

"It seems she knows that man jurh." He thought in him and left her room.

Tomisin was sitting on the dinning chair, she was relaxing when her dad, Seun came near her and tapped her. She looked up at him.

'Dad.' She uttered.

He brought out a chair also and had his seat by her side.

'That boy, em.... Temitope, was that his mum?' He asked thoughtfully.

'His mum? Why asking dad? Yes she was and she is.' She replied.

'Was! Never mind, don't worry about that.' He replied.

She smiled and looked at him thoughtfully.

'Alright dad' she replied.

.......Ghana....

Tonia and her family were sitted merry making, they were very happy for the success of the competition.

' M proud of my daughter, and never knew that Jumoke's son is that brilliant sha' Yinka shook his head.

'Aaah! Dad, that guy and the other gurl were and are just too good, still can't imagine myself dad, buh, I thank God.' She nodded.

' It was a great suprise when I heard you both were part of the first three' she smiled.

'Hmmmn, husband and wife' Yinka uttered and laughed.

All laughed.

....Months later......

It was nine at night, Temitope sat down with his dad watching and listening to the news when they heard that GCE result had been released. Tope got afraid and went into his room. He laid on the bed in thought after hearing 29% passed in Nigeria. He picked up his phone and called Tomisin. He informed her and both planned to go and check the result the next day, they were both scared and prayed before they slept for a good result.

NEXT DAY...

Olajumoke's phone rang, she walked down to the dinning to pick the call, it was Timileyin, her voice was sweet on phone to call her friend.

'Hello, the result is out oo.' Timileyin shouted.

....To be contined...
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:15am On Sep 08, 2013
-13-

....Months later......

It was nine at night, Temitope sat down with his dad watching and listening to the news when they heard that GCE result had been released. Tope got afraid and went into his room. He laid on the bed in thought after hearing 29% passed in Nigeria. He picked up his phone and called Tomisin. He informed her and both planned to go and check the result the next day, they were both scared and prayed before they slept for a good result.

NEXT DAY...

Olajumoke's phone rang, she walked down to the dinning to pick the call, it was Timileyin, her voice was sweet on phone to call her friend.

'Hello, the result is out oo.' Timileyin shouted.

'Yes, Temitope told me, he has gone to check it with his friend.' She replied vividly.

'Tonia just checked hers.' She quickly talked.

'Ehnehn, how is the result?' She inquired, ready to hear her response.

'It was great dear, she had distinctions all through, both A1 and B2.' She smiled.

'Oooh, that's great oo, is she there?' She said smiling and happy for her.

'Yes, she is with me here, should I give the phone to her?' She inquired.

'Sure, I want to speak with her.' She continued smiling.

She was given the phone and Olajumoke started praising and praying for her. She was happy to the brim also because her result was one of the best in her school.

'What of Temitope ma?' She asked talking gently on phone.

'He is good oo, just went to check his own too dear' she responded.

'Okay ma, regards to him.' She said.

'Yes, I will do that' she responded.

Call ended.

Tomisin and Temitope were just in the cyber cafe, they had their seats because there were many people checking their results. They'd been seeing many result where they sat which had made them more afraid of how their was going to be. At last, the man called them to check their results, other students that had checked were also waiting to by see what both will bring out.

'You first!' Tomisin pointed.

'No, why me, its gonna be you, then me.' He responded.

'Gerout, you checking first or else I'll kill you.' Both smiled.

Temitope stretched out his scratch card to the operator, it was scratched immediately and both were getting more than nervous. He gave them his registration number too, immediately it was submitted, the result came out.

'What!' Those girls outside were suprised.

This is great oo, who are you sef?' The computer operator looked closely.

'Em...em, never mind sir.' He responded and smiled.

He had all down A1, he was happy!

Tomisin gave out her own too, getting more & more nervous also, the result eventually came out with her having same result with him, A1 parallel.

They hugged and were HAPPY!

I'm home mom.... Tope shouted and went to the kitchen to check his mom there.

'Hey mum, weldone' he ran happily.

'Why have you come late now?' She asked.

'People were much there checking their various results.

'You went alone?' She inquired.

'No mum, I went with Tomisin, her result....' He was saying while his mum interrupted immediately.

'With who? That girl? Must you always follow each other like senseless fools? Must you always behave like an irresponsible idiot? Must you......'

'Mum!' He shouted, turned back and dropped his result on the dinning table went inside and locked up himself.

Tomisin also got home and was scolded by her dad for walking with him to the cyber cafe. He also didn't bother to check her result before finishing her. She went in annoyingly also.

Supringly, an unknown man brought invitation card to Tope and Tomisin's houses. There were part of the first ten in the state with a great result. They were amazed again seeing this.

Tope picked up his phone to call Tomisin, they were already in December holiday preparing for christmas.

'I just got an IV, have you gotten yours?' He asked.

'Yes, I'm even suprised sha, never knew that we can be part of the first ten.' She shook her her head.

'Of a great suprise to me too, damn too suprised.' He responded

'We thank God.' She said.

The event started happily with a brief opening prayer from a principal of a college before the first lady came out again to give her speech. Temitope was dressed in suite while Tomisin in a dinner gown. Both were hansome and beautiful respectively. They sat beside each other and very happy. Jumoke was getting furious seeing them together again. She was hissing and looking at them every minute. She also had a sharp glance on Seun again on seeing him. She was annoyed and thought in her that why do she normally see him, why is his daughter even brilliant.

The presentation of gifts came up while Tope's father who was present went him to receive his gifts. They were given a lot of gifts because when the analysation of result came out both didn't score in less than 80% in all papers done.

It was great.

School resumed and everyone asking of resukts. The principal was eager to bring Tope and Tomisin to the assembly to make them proud. They were so happy to be outside and shown to other students and teachers. Waec registration and preparation also started that term, many passed in ACI, and the school now very popular and noted for greatness. The school had promised never to forget them.

Re: No Matter What by Mynd44: 5:18am On Sep 08, 2013
Keep going
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:07am On Sep 08, 2013
Thanks....
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 2:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
-14-

Tonia and her friend, on break went on gisting about Temitope and Tomisin. They were sitting at the back of the classroom, everyone was already outside, some sleeping, some chatting, some playing with phones and others busy with sporting activities.

'Do you know both of them were part of the first ten again in Oyo state?'

'In this GCE?'. Kate asked.

'Yes now, never knew that guy is this brilliant.' She uttered.

'Nawaa oo, he is good, I'm sure he will like that girl like mad.' Kate replied.

'What?' She frowned at her.

'Noo, na reality wey me dey talk oo, don't you know that?' Kate added.

'Which reality? Sha don't say anything again, let's start looking at each other.' She continued frowning.

'It seems you are in love with this guy right?' She winked.

Both started laughing.

'Don't wink jurh! No be love, na hatred.' She hissed and continued laughing.

Olajumoke and Tolulope were lying down on the bed, about to sleep that night when Olajumoke brought up Tope's topic.

'That boy, it seems he's not alright, always with that Tomisin of a girl.' She said.

'That Seun's daughter right?' Tolu asked.

'Yes now, he likes that girl jurh!' She hissed.

'Okay, I know what to do. I won't leave my son to start liking a girl from that man's generation.' He commented.

'Good, so what do we do?' She questioned.

'We are going to send Temitope to Ghana to study, he is not going to study here!' He said smiling.

Olajumoke was very happy, Good* she commented.

Days upon days, months rolled on months and WAEC was done, the principal was rest assured that the students would pass. All hoped and prayed for a good result, this time, they've also written jamb which Tope had 275 and Tomisin had 282. They were happy and celebrated. This time, the pressure had been much on Temitope not to have anything to do with Tomisin again, although they've not disclosed to him that he would study in Ghana and not in Nigeria. The students all were already preparing for their Valedictory service this time. The suite picked was black.

'Son, you're studying in Ghana and not in Nigeria here.' Tolu uttered.

'What! Ghana! What I'm I going there to do? I hate Ghana dad, I perfer Nigeria to Ghana and I have plans for my university not in Ghana.

'Will you keep that good-for-nothing mouth shut!' He shouted at him.

Dad? He looked at him.

'Yes, I gave birth to you not you gave to me.' He looked at him closely too.

Tomisin and Temitope met and both so sad after Temitope had told her that his parents had insisted that he should go and study in Ghana.

Both promised each other never to leave each other forever, this time Seun was already behind them and watched them angrily.
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:40am On Sep 09, 2013
-15-

Temitope packed his belongings according to his parents' wish. He got up early so as to pack his belongings. It was after valedictory service already. His mum was also set to go along with him, off to Ghana. He was so sad, leaving Tomisin alone.

Tonia heard a knock at the door of her room. It was Kate knocking, she rushed there to open the door for her, they've spoken on phone before her arrival. She got in dressed in a pink shirt and a black jeans. She was looking gorgeous in the dress.

'Welcome friend.' Tonia smiled, ushering her to her bed.

'Thanks friend, what were you saying on phone, didn't get you.' She sat down.

'Yeah, that one' she stood up, opened her door and peeped out to see if no one was comming.

She continued. That guy is on his way to Ghana as I'm talking to you now' she said smiling.

'Ghana? Do you mean Temitope?' She inquired.

'Who else!' She replied

'How did you discover that now?' She asked in disbelief.

'Is it not me? I overheard the conversation between mum and his mum few days back that he would be comming here to study and live here. In fact we're going to the same university.' She smiled.

'So you've been eavesdropping? You this girl, I fear oo' she smiled to her.

They got to Ghana, waiting at the aiport for Timi's arrival to come and pick them. Temitope was looking annoyed with the way he was forced to study in Ghana and even with Tonia. He never thought of that before, he sat quietly until Timileyin arrived with Tonia with her.

'You're here welcome, how was your journey?' Timi asked moving close to hug her.

'Fine friend, how is everything?' They hugged each other.

Temitope prostrated greeting her while Tonia bent greeting Olajumoke.

'Let's go' Tonia moved close to help Olajumoke with her bag.

They got home after some minutes, Temitope looked everywhere and wondered how big and beautiful the house was. He liked the house but hated everyone there.

According to plan between the two friends, they gave Temitope a new phone and sim but he refused so as not to loose contact between he and Tomisin. He was forced and he collected the phone.

'At least I know the phone number off hand' he thought within him.

He was taken to the guest room by Tonia. Both didn't speak to each other, Temitope was still looking annoyed facially. Tonia wanted to speak but was afraid of looking at his face.

He got into the room and felt relaxed. He laid down, thinking of Tomisin, he felt bad and thought in him that he was already in another world. A world of tertiary institution.

Tomisin's dad also collected her phone and changed her sim in order to make sure both of them don't talk on phone at all and loose contact. She thought on what to do and bought another sim in order to retrieve her line but she didn't register the line. She thought again that even if they would reach on facebook, Temitope hates browsing again.

'What to do now?' She thought.

Temitope picked up the phone early in the morning to call Tomisin, he called but the number was switched off. He was amazed because her number had never been switched off.

He got up from the bed and entered into the bathroom to bath, that day was the examination day so he read all night. He got down and met Tonia sitting on the sofa, all alone in the sitting room.

He hissed quietly and went ahead to sit down. He was watching the television and didn't speak to her.

'Hey good morning Tope.' Tonia said.

Tope looked at her from head to toe, he sighed.

'Morning.' He replied.

'How was your night?'

'Ah! Fine' he replied.

'Did you read overnight?' She asked again.

'You talk too much and are you a questionnaire?' He asked went into the room.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:49am On Sep 09, 2013
-16-

They got to the examination hall, it was computer based examination. He wore a chinos trouser and a fine shoe. It was Timileyin and Olajumoke that went to drop them there. They were still waiting for them to finish,they were sitted inside the car gisting about Seun and his daughter.

'This is the matter of life and death now. His father killed my parents so how will I allow my son to be a friend to that kind of child given birth to by him.' Olajumoke said.

'Its true oo, what we went through then and it wasn't easy. He even hated you that time.' She commented.

'Who told you he hated me, he still hates me now.' She said.

'How sure are you my friend! Don't think this way, although its entirely something bad to allow both of them to be friends. It can be dangerous.' Timileyin added.

'I'm happy that his dad has also seen it this way. At least its better this way.' She said.

'This is now university life.' Timi said.

The rain was very heavy, Tomisin was in her room expecting her dad to return back from work. She was eager to see him. She had been reading all day for her post ume. She got up and moved to the dinning to sit and trying to call her dad's number but it wasn't reachable.

Kate arrived to see Temitope but pretended as if it Tonia she had come to see. She also wrote the university exam Tope and Tonia wrote. Temitope and Lucia were friend at home since she was still small, just trying to get into senior secondary school one (SS1). He did teach her mathematics and other subject. They do talk a lot whenever they were less busy. Olajumoke had returned to Nigeria this time, Temitope was liked for his diligence and obedience in that house.

'Hi.' Kate waved at Tope where he was sitted with Lucia in the sitting room.

'Hello' he replied and thought of where he had seen her before then recollected that she had been seen with Tonia in Australia.

Lucia stood up and moved towards her to take her inside Tonia's room but she was still looking at the back trying to look at his hace again.

She knocked at her door, Lucia then turned back and returned to Temitope. Tonia opened the door for her to come in.

'What's up?' Kate came in.

'I'm good oo, you didn't tell me you were comming.' Tonia said.

'Suprise package!' She smiled.

'Why are you not in the living room?' She questioned.

'Must I be there?' She answered.

'That's your business jurh!' Kate said.

'And about our result, can you see I'm your boss!' She said.

'Na u know that one. That's your own business not mine at least Tope scored more than you too.' Kate laughed.

'So?'

'He is your own boss or rather our boss! Understood?' She continued laughing.

Tonia hissed.

'I'm now an undergraduate, studying medicine in the university.' Kate boasted.

'Just keep shut, who is asking you this now?' She frowned.

WAEC result came out and as usual, Temitope and Tomisin were part of the first ten. Temitope had to come back to Nigeria although his mother didn't want him to but Tolu refused and wanted to see his son. He got to Nigeria two days to the commencing of the program.

He got home and was very happy to see his dad. He rushed down to hug him. Not quite long after that time he went out of the house so as to go and see Tomisin.

It was Tomisi n's dad that came to open the gate for him unfortunately. He told him to wait outside and went in, he brought out a sheet of paper that "I don't want to see you again" was written on it. He was given and he saw that the writing was Tomisin's handwriting. He was amazed and Seun sent him away angrily.

He got home depressed and unhappy. He pondered over the handwriting but no way to call her. 'What can be happening?' He thought in him.
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 12:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
-17-

The day was bright, Olajumoke made sure they got to the place the event would be comming up as early as possible so that he won't be able to sit with or near Tomisin.

Tomisin also arrived but that early. She got her seat, far from Temitope's seat, Olajumoke was happy seeing them that way. The program was still on when Temitope's mum told him to get ready for leaving so that he won't be able to discuss with Tomisin but he refused of not going home that time but was forced again by his troublesome dad.

They left when they started serving foods to the invited guests and everyone. The principal was happy seeing them again, being part of the first ten. Tomisin looked around but couldn't find him again.

'What can be happening?' She wondered.

Temitope got home, looking so annoyed. His mother knew that it was because of what she had been doing. She had a flash back of what happened to her then.

"Tade got downstairs annoyingly.
'She isn't there now! He said hitting his gun freely on the seat. He looked up like a totally confused person.
'What!' Sholay replied and hissed turning his back at Tade. He was also annoyed.
'What do you mean, so she isn't in this house! How come? Oh my God!'Chief pondered looking depressed.
'She is not there now! Tade said and angrily left with sholay. Chief and his wife angrily went upstairs and didn't find her in the room, they were annoyed and thought of where she could have gone."

'My darling son, how are you?' She asked
" 'Fine as usual mum, how you doing? My dad?' He asked walking majestically.
'We're fine. Did you hear about what happened?' She asked and both sitted looking at each other.
' Yap, Davies right?' He guessed.
'Yes, its about them. Infact Jummy is inside here.
'Here? For what? How will she be here? What the hell is this?' He questioned and went on his feet.
Sit down son! You can't understand. She uttered.

He walked in angrily. "

She then walked in thinking in her that she cannot allow both to see again and will try her best to make sure they don't like each other.

'You are returning back to Ghana tomorrow son.' Olajumoke said.

'Anyhow.' He replied without fear and walked in.

Tomisin and her dad were also in the sitting room gisting, Tomisin's resumption was the following week. She had brought all she would need in school to take along. She was so happy, seeing new faces and living a fresh life.

'A new chapter in my history' she thought.

WILSON UNIVERSITY, a university filled with intelligent and brilliant students. The university located within the middle of the country Ghana. The university had received several awards for excellent works in several departments.

Time to resume to school and be serious** Temitope thought in him.

Tomisin also resumed the same time with Temitope. She entered into her room that afternoon and met other ladies who were in the room. She greeted and had her sit on the bed pointed to her as the only one left. The girls she was looking at were somehow to her. They were dressed half-naked in the room. She wondered.

2 Likes

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 12:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
All comments are highly welcomed please!!
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 1:48am On Sep 10, 2013
-18-

Tomisin met most of her room mates dressed in the room anyhow. Some were half-naked and some dressed normally. They were six in the room, she was the sixth person to arrive to that room. She looked at them all and shook her head. She was given Medicine as a course in school, she began to be great with time.

Temitope, he had funny and playful guys as his room mates. They all joke together and got to know each other so early. Tope was happy being with happy people although still sometimes moody, thinking of why Tomisin sent that kind of note to him and her dad sending him away like nobody.

Lectures started and everyone was serious with their studies. Time running into time, days into days, months into months. Temitope got more cute and handsome and was so much loved by many girls on the campus. Still brilliant as before and Godly, he hated girls somehow and mostly shun them on campus.

Tonia frequently and her friend do come to greet him near the boy's hostel. Tonia had always wanted her to be seen with him always she liked walking with him after they've finished their lectures in the evening. Tonia loved him very much but he never had a dime of feeling for her existence. All he liked was Tomisin.

He got in the room, and explained the issue to his friends who laughed at him and told him to forget about Tomisin and move on to greater things. "Girls are at least much on campus." They said.

......Nigeria.......

Seun was reversing his car outside his building when he saw a jeep fast approaching behind him. It was Tope's mum, Olajumoke.
She started hooting, telling him to leave the way for her. She knew it was seun on seeing that car and was annoyed. He looked at the house he was living in like a poverty stricken home. She smiled within her and facing her front, she saw Seun, comming to meet her in the car. He had already blocked the way.

'Olajumoke, I knew it was you. I've always wondered to know where your house is in this estate but no time. We have to talk because I want to really apologize what happened between our parents. Please, how can I see you.' He said sadly.

'See who? I said who!' She shouted.

'Don't let us make this a noise Jumoke, I know I'm at fault but my conscience hasn't given me rest telling me until I apologize to you. Please I beg of you.' Seun was so sad and really apologizing.

'Jumoke became furious and shouted at him. 'You are embarrassing me Seun, just get into that thing you call a car and let me leave.'

'Please Jumoke, Please.' He begged.

Jumoke opened her door and used it to push him away, he fell into the gutter at the front of that house. Jumoke came out to pack his car properly for her to pass. She did that and zoomed off.

Seun was inside the gutter and was in pain,trying to get himself out but couldn't do that until he was aided by one of his neighbour's sons.

He got so dirty and cried out in him, regretting the pasts.

Seun couldn't do anything, he managed to get the clothes off himself and had a bath but was in total pains. He laid down, couldn't cook, couldn't eat, no drug at all.

He sent a message to Tomisin to come home to help him with the cooking and drugs. He lied to his daughter that he fell there mistakenly.

It was so sad!

Tomisin arrived and helped her father out, she discovered that the 'slight fall' according to her father was already resulting into another thing. She was so sad. She took him to the hospital, after she called one of her male friends to come and help her with the car.

The Doctor told them that he already had some dislocation and breakages in many of his joints and other things. They Doctor told Tomisin to make sure she gets #500,000 for the operation to commence or it could lead to Seun's death. She wondered where she would get it.

She ran to school to meet her room mates. She told them about it weeping profusely. She was told that within few days she could raise it if only she would also go into prostitution like them. 'Is there any other choice?' She thought in herself, crying profusely.

'No one will help you in this room, you have to help yourself.' She remembered again and wept so much.

She left and went to Olajumoke's house to ask for financial help from her.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:39am On Sep 10, 2013
-19-

Tomisin was allowed in, she entered with tears on her face. Tomisin was surprised seeing her in her house. Although she was happy she came so that her will would be done. Tomisin entered & was allowed to sit, she then asked her what she wanted, crying l. ike she was doing.

'I need your help ma, dad is lying down in the hospital and I was told to get #500,000 ma for the operation ma.' Tomisin said.

'#500,000 ? I thought you've been called thrice by the government and given a lot of money so how come #500,000 can't be deducted from it?' Olajumoke said.

'Hmmn.' She sighed and her head was bowed. She couldn't look at her face and still thought it was a sign of respect.

'What is the sighing about? I love helping people but there is something you will do for me before I help your so-called father.' She addressed.

'Whatever ma, I will do it.' She replied, trying to raise her head up a little.

'You will help me with a note, you will just write "I don't want to have anything to do with you again, I hate you, I don't want to see you again, and you will put your signature there.' She said.

'This is for Tope, I will do anything to save my dad at least this is still better than prostitution' she thought.

'I will do it ma.' She replied.

'Don't think I'm a fool dear, I have your handwriting with me and your signature so you can't call a dog a monkey for me.' She replied.

Tomisin wrote it according to her will and signed. She was sent out without given a dime again. She left the place and headed to the hospital, she got there and was sitted at the reception weeping before a woman came in who recognized her face and moved close to her.

'Are you em...' She tried to remember her name. She was dressed in a beautiful lace dress and golden chain and ear rings.

Tomisin looked up and saw her face. She recognized her.

'Chief Mrs Florence' she guessed.

'Yes, that's me, you are em.. Tomisin!' She remembered.

'Yes ma, so what's happening to you now?' She sat with her.

'Dad is lying on the sick bed, I was tld to find #500,000 for them to start the operation, no money ma.' She said crying.

Florence wondered the amount of money they were given after the competition and examination. She was part of the invited guests then.

'You have no problem my daughter.' She said and tool her to the doctor. She ordered the doctor to commence the surgery which was done and she paid the money for them.
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:40am On Sep 10, 2013
-20-

The operation was carried out, Seun became well again, the money was paid by Chief Mrs Florence who came for medical check up in that hospital that day. She was an important personality. After Seun became fine and was discharged, she visited their house. She collected Tomisin's phone number the day the surgery was carried out on Seun, she then called her to give her full description to their home.

She got there and felt at home, relaxed and was given a glass cup of water. She questioned Seun about his account and how the money they were given vanished to the extent that there was no money to treat him. Seun explained everything, telling her about how his business has crashed and the money vanished.

'So sad, never knew that Tomisin's mum died during child birth.' She pitied.

'That's it ma.' Seun replied.

'Here.' She pointed her complementary card to him.

'Come and visit my office on Monday, I will connect you with people never thought of by you before' she said.

'Thank so much ma.' Seun said and stood up bending.

'No need sir, you deserve more than this, your daughter has made you a star in front of me. Don't worry, all will be fine. You just see me on Monday morning.' She uttered standing up, about to leave.

'I appreciate it ma.' He said again.

Tomisin returned to school after she had a wonderful shopping, Chief Florence turned her to a queen and told her to submit two of her written novels for publishing. She was so happy.

GHANA.....

Temitope and william alone was inside the room discussing about Tomisin again. He had gotten the sheet of paper Tomisin wrote on and was still sad. He didn't believe his eyes. It was now two of booklets as proof for her telling him to leave her alone.

'When is not that you are this senseless Temitope!' William said.

'What! Is it my fault?' He questioned.

'Something just spoke in mind now about you hating browsing. There is facebook, e-mail and lot more that you guys can talk through, even video call, you can talk to each other seeing!' He exclaimed.

'You have a point guy! He said standing up. He stood up and wondered why he had been foolish since. He got his phone and checked his e-mail, he saw Tomisin's several messages. He left the phone and switched to his laptop to be able to see clearly and type. Tomisin had sent her a lot of messages on it explaining all what had happened even that of his mum.

He wondered and went sad. William was lying on his bed looking at him as stupid for while, hating browsing. He hissed frequently.

He went to his facebook account again and saw a lot of messages of her again, he checked his chats but didn't see her there. He copied her number and was happy. He called her, Tomisin was on her way to the hostel this time, she was happy to hear his voice.

'Where did you get my phone number?' She quickly inquired.

'Facebook' Temitope replied, happy to hear her voice after many months.

'Wao! A great suprise, never knew you could browse to see it. I've been praying for you to at least come online to see the messages.' She quickly said, very much happy and amused.

'I'm sorry for all what that woman has done for you, I promise you never to desert you.' He said feeling pity for her.

'That's nothing.' Tomisin said.

'So how's everything?' He asked & both continued talking.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 10:02am On Sep 11, 2013
-21-

Tomisin got her novel published with the help of Chief Mrs florence and it came out in newspaper, television stations and radios. The novels were launched in a civic center. She was brought by a hummer jeep gotten for her by Florence to bring her there. The occasion was so interesting, the novels were based on love story lines. She was dressed in a beautiful black gown and a great make-up. All was through madam Florence. She dedicated them to her late mother, father, Florence and Temitope her "soulmate" as she wrote there.

The launching was so great because big men and women were present. It was placed on net and was launched with millions of naira. The hall was decorated by Doydecor group with expensive air fresheners used. Mrs florence really liked Tomisin and took her as a daughter because she had no daughter but only one son.

Seun was sitted in the sitting room, she thought of all what had happened in the past and how she pushed Seun into the drainage. She felt sorry for him. She thought for a while the reason why she made Tope study in Ghana. She was so sad and sorry for herself.

Temitope was happy in Ghana listening to the news, the novel had spread around and it was so interesting, Tonia was so sad seeing Tope not even looking towards her.

Tope amd Tomisin spoke on phone and had video calls, both talked to each other for long and their parents never knew. Tonia planned with Clement, one of the guys in Tope's room to know if he still gets in touch with Tomisin.

Temitope was so popular in the university, the best in engineering department. He was handsome so other ladies liked him and fell for him. He wasn't proud being the best of the faculty. Tonia also liked getting familiar with him on the campus but Temitope hated it.

The semester gone and they went on holiday. Temitope got to Nigeria as early as possible. Tomisin already told him where they reside, she already had a car, likewise Temitope too. He got up that same day he arrived home to go and greet Tomisin at home. He took his car and zoomed off. He got there and saw how mighty it was, he shook his head and was ushered in by the gate keeper. He got in and met Tomisin sitting on the sofa in the living room.

He hurried and both hugged each other. Temitope was so much happy seeing her.

'I'm so happy seeing you. I'm so sorry all those things happened, so so sorry.' He said.

'That has gone, how things oh boy!' She smiled.

'Who be boy?' He laughed.

'Na you na.' She replied and both laughed.

'So how are you doing? How things?' Tope asked.

'Good oo, about you?' She questioned..

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:37pm On Sep 11, 2013
-22-

Temitope and Tomisin spoke so much before Temitope left for his home after so much talk with her. He got home and was looking happy.
His mother stared at him, thinking of what could have made him happy. She guessed he went to Tomisin's house. She called him to inquire about where he went to that has made him happy. He told her he went to Tomisin's house to greet her. She was amazed but angry, she abused him and told him never to go and see her again.

Raymond, the only child of Florence, already a year ahead of Tomisin. He was a very handsome and good looking guy but full of bad characters like smoking, drinking and the likes. Raymond hated girls although he did smoke and drink. His mother, always worried about him and his behaviour.

Florence introduced Tomisin to him after, she then talked to her about Raymond as her only child and son since her husband died. She pleaded with him so much to please try her possible best to make sure Raymond loves her and stop all those bad behaviours in him.

Soon, Raymond became Tomisin's friend & loved her so much. He almost every time called her and did express his feelings of love to her. Tomisin was in total dismay, didn't know what to do.

They all resumed back to school, Tonia was happy seeing Tope again. Tope was casual with her. Tope didn't like her at all.

Tonia tried her possible best to make sure Tomisin hates Temitope. She got her number through facebook and her details through Tope's friend, she thought of how she would go about it. She was with her friends who told her to set him up through a party. They planned to throw a party and set Temitope up through it.

William came in with an invitation card. He passed it to all his mates that the birthday will be held in two weeks time. It was one of Tonia's friends that was celebrating, Tope examined the card and hissed.

'I don't know what you guys see in birthday party.' He said dropping the card on the floor.

'That one na your business oo.' Daniel replied.

'You've never talked sense before, why won't we go to the party? Why won't we?' Faith complained.

'But does it at all make sense? Partying!' Tope said.

'If you don't want to go then stay in the room!' Daniel replied.

Timileyin was resting in her room, it was already in the evening she received Olajumoke's call.

'My friend!' Timileyim uttered.

'Yes dear, how are you today?' She asked.

'I'm good friend, so how's everything?' She asked.

'Fine oo, what of my children?' Timileyin asked.

'They are all good oo, so how's Tolulope?' She asked.

'He's good friend.' Olajumoke replied.

'Its about that issue o, how can we approach it? Do you know both of them are now conversing?' Olajumoke asked.

'I'm fed up o, but I'm sure he will stick to Tonia, I guess we shouldn't allow him to come to Nigeria again.

'I don't think his father will agree.' She said.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Throwback: The British Council Library Ibadan In 1964 / Blue ( Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 347
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.