Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,803 members, 7,820,809 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:15 PM

No Matter What - Literature (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / No Matter What (23557 Views)

*****no Matter What******* Chapter One / *****no Matter What******* Chapter One / Don't Quit No Matter What........ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
Please guys, I'm expecting more responses before I update, plz, even if you've never replied me before.

Thanks..
Re: No Matter What by Abbey2580: 8:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
Yeah Dan, he MUST see Tomisin first oo... Ds z a great suspense man!.. If he doesn't see her first,.. Urgh...

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:22am On Nov 14, 2013
-80-

Temitope was still with Tomisin, they were all discussing about the education system in Nigeria. "Let me get you a wine." Tomisin said and smiled inside, walking as fast as she could to get the bottles of wine. Temitope and Tofunmi continued discussing until she came out with bottles of new Baylis and Bachuus wines.

"Here I come, guys!" She dropped it on the table.

"Theses are alcoholic wines. I hate them with passion." Temitope uttered, pushing the tray to Tofunmi.

'I know you do, you'll love these ones. They are lovely.' Tomisin winked.

"You sure?" He smiled.

'Sure, they don't taste like red wines that are somehow bitter.' Tomisin explained.

'I just don't know what these explanations are meant for, or have you added love portion to it?' He smiled and winked back. Tofunmi smiled too.

'If you know you don't want, I can take it in. I don't know where you've seen love portion now.' They all laughed.

Tomisin's phone had been making noise since Temitope came, due to whatsapp messages. "What is this tone for?" Temitope wondered and picked the phone. He customized the profile to a silent one, and started drinking.

"Wao! This Bachuus tastes great. I love it." He smiled, passed the baylis to Tofunmi and hooked up to the Bachuus.

An hour later...

Temitope was already drunk. He told Tomisin he would leave that time, he stood up although drunk and refused proposals from Tomisin and Tofunmi to take him home. He packed his phone and car key on the table, he mistakenly took Tomisin's phone along.

He drove home.

Not quite long after his departure, the cooks arrived and the job all started. Tomisin didn't even notice her phone was missing. Temitope got home some minutes time and went straight to his room. He took off his trouser and slept immediately. It was already 12:00pm then.

Few minutes later...

Tolulope and Olajumoke arrived home. They were happy to meet Temitope at home, both rushed to his room but met the door locked. "He must be sleeping." Olajumoke uttered and went to her room. Tolulope followed after some minutes, he waited to confirm if he was really asleep.

Four hours later...

He was sleeping upstairs. Tonia was already at the gate. Fola called through the intercom to tell Olajumoke about the person at the gate. She was allowed in.

She was dressed in her N.Y.S.C white dress and the brown trouser. She was looking good in it, it was fitted. She came with one of her friends named shukurat. They entered, at least Tonia still knew the way in. Olajumoke rushed to get the door, she was happy to see Tonia.

Tonia and her friend knelt greeting Tolulope and Olajumoke. "What of Temitope ma." That was the first question she asked, facing Jummy.

'He's asleep upstairs, when he wakes, he'll be very happy to see you.' She smiled and ushered them inside the room. "Let's now see how he won't see Tonia first." She laughed.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 4:24am On Nov 14, 2013
Still waiting for replies.. The next page will contain the answers to the questions. Thanks for reading No Matter What
Re: No Matter What by Florblu(f): 5:00am On Nov 14, 2013
C'mon!d suspense is gettin too much.wia is shukurat cumin?dnt jez update wht i wont lyk 2read o.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 9:54am On Nov 14, 2013
Florblu: C'mon!d suspense is gettin too much.wia is shukurat cumin?dnt jez update wht i wont lyk 2read o.

Lol.... don't worry sis... I laf oo.. lolzz....
Re: No Matter What by Nobody: 12:33pm On Nov 14, 2013
Shebi tomisin phone s with him, no wahala na.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by heywhykum(f): 3:57pm On Nov 14, 2013
This will be my the first story I'll read on NL, what a great one. He shouldn't see Tonia first oo. Wait, don't just bring in Shukurat o.. Omg! Confused gan sef... Its gonna pain m sha if it doesn't go the way I've been expecting. Gr8 story!

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by Akinpelumi01(m): 4:31pm On Nov 14, 2013
Wu be shuku again... @ least Tomisin's phone z with him, let's just watch. Lol... M waiting ooh! Since mawnin...
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:01pm On Nov 14, 2013
-81-

It was night already, by 6:00pm. Temitope rose from the bed, went straight into the bathroom and took his bath. "I'll never tast alcohol again." He said smiling as he left the bathroom. He picked a new singlet and a three-quater short knickers and walked out of the room.

He viewed the people on the dinning chair from upstairs. He saw Tonia sitting and a new face he had never seen. "Who's this?" He asked himself quietly and rushed into his room back so that he would be able to deal with her personally.

'I think Temitope came out of his room now.' Tolulope uttered staring at the door of the room.

"That's your thought. We don't really know. Let's finish eating, then we just go in there to check on him." Olajumoke uttered.

Tonia was somehow frightened on hearing he was awake. "How his he gonna treat me on seeing me." She thought and dropped her fork."

'Let me just go and check on him.' She uttered and rushed upstairs.

"Wait." Olajumoke quickly uttered, she refused.

She knocked at the door of the room. Temitope thought of who could be there. He stood up and opened the door at once. He saw her and dragged her inside the room, locked up the door and began the beating of her foolish life.

Everyone just left the dinning set and rushed there. He didn't respond to his parents' calls, he dealt with her until he was satisfied and opened the door to let her out.

"Are you okay at all? Are you sure you're in your right mind?" Olajumoke shouted and gave him a hot slap. She took Tonia downstairs and Shukurat feared for her life, she quickly followed Tonia downstairs for treatments. Tolulope entered into his room and took his seat by the bed-side. "Why did you that?" He asked with a little smile.

"She knows herself she deserves what she just got. Dad, she pasted Tomisin on facebook about the issue of rape. Someone that has been building history poco-a-poco, she has written novels and had collected prizes for being the best in waec and others. She has used that to damage her life dad." He uttered angrily.

"If that's it, she deserves more than that." He said and left the room.

Temitope laughed. "This man I call my father, he's not nice too." He continued laughing. "I'm even bored, should I just go out?" He asked himself stretching his body.

His phone rang that minute. It was Tofunmi that called, she passed the phone to Tomisin, so she could speak with her. "You took my phone along man, can you help me bring it?" She uttered.

"Your ph...phone?" He stammered.

'Yeah, check your pocket. Just didn't know a guy like you can't even take a bottle of alcoholic wine, if you see how you behave." She laughed.

"Anyhow!" He uttered smiling and walked to his pocket to get the phone, he rushed there to drop the phone.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2013
Damex333: Shebi tomisin phone s with him, no wahala na.

Lol... He has returned it oh....
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:04pm On Nov 14, 2013
heywhy.kum:
This will be my the first story I'll read on NL, what a great one. He shouldn't see Tonia first oo. Wait, don't just bring in Shukurat o.. Omg! Confused gan sef... Its gonna pain m sha if it doesn't go the way I've been expecting. Gr8 story!

Lol.. Thanks sis..
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 5:06pm On Nov 14, 2013
Akinpelumi01: Wu be shuku again... @ least Tomisin's phone z with him, let's just watch. Lol... M waiting ooh! Since mawnin...

Hmmn.... He has returned the phone oh... Lol..
Re: No Matter What by Florblu(f): 7:37pm On Nov 14, 2013
Oga which one u dey nau?update jor!still i read

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:03pm On Nov 14, 2013
-82-

Temitope got back home, looking refreshed. He sat down in the living room, where everyone was. Olajumoke kept eyeing her, she hated how he beat Tonia, although didn't ask of the reason behind it from her but believed Temitope was wrong.

Temitope smiled as he watched the soap opera they were watching, he pretended as if he didn't see Olajumoke, eyeing him. This infuriated Olajumoke more, but pretended to be okay. Tolulope remembered the issue of the cross immediately, it was already 6:00pm that time. He quickly faced Olajumoke.

"Hey woman,let's talk." He smiled.

Olajumoke hissed silently and reluctantly followed him outside, along the garden to remind her to tell Temitope about the issue of the cross. Tolulope walked inside back and called him to come outside.

They started narrating the issue of how they came by the cross but didn't tell him about the issue of who he'll see first so that he won't make attempt of seeing Tomisin first.

"You'll just pray with the cross for an hour, this very night, tomorrow, we'll tell you the remaining about it." Olajumoke said reluctantly.

'Alright.' He smiled and collected the cross, he headed into his room with the cross in his pocket.

The night eventually arrived, he prayed as he was told to do. Olajumoke rightly monitored him. She thought on what she could do so that it would be Tonia he would see first. She called her quickly, after the prayer Temitope had to get a bed sheet and sleep in front of his door.

Re: No Matter What by Florblu(f): 8:15pm On Nov 14, 2013
Dan!!!whts al dis for?i wil b a li2 bit patient wit u cos i cn c u ar viewin dis thread.bt if by 8:30 i dnt get anoda update 2reveal all dis '1st 2c' tinz,*thinkin of wht 2do*.Till den sha.#still following

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 8:19pm On Nov 14, 2013
Florblu: Oga which one u dey nau?update jor!still i read
Florblu: Dan!!!whts al dis for?i wil b a li2 bit patient wit u cos i cn c u ar viewin dis thread.bt if by 8:30 i dnt get anoda update 2reveal all dis '1st 2c' tinz,*thinkin of wht 2do*.Till den sha.#still following
Florblu: Oga which one u dey nau?update jor!still i read

Sister, I can't stp laughing.. Wait o.. 8:30pm z too early na.. I promise you'll wake to see the '1st 2c' 2mao.. I'm gonna try ma possible best to end the story 2mao.. I promise!.. Accepted?
Re: No Matter What by D9ty7(m): 8:20pm On Nov 14, 2013
Am sure u still av more updates tonight. If not, i'll update on my thread. Lol
Re: No Matter What by heywhykum(f): 8:27pm On Nov 14, 2013
Lwkmd oo.... Okay, you've just promised to end this story tomorrow. You are viewing this thread but still putting us all in suspense, lmao... M xpectant 2mao mawnin BOSS--- AS U USUALLY SAY..
Re: No Matter What by Florblu(f): 8:53pm On Nov 14, 2013
Temitope Daniel:

Sister, I can't stp laughing.. Wait o.. 8:30pm z too early na.. I promise you'll wake to see the '1st 2c' 2mao.. I'm gonna try ma possible best to end the story 2mao.. I promise!.. Accepted?
no prob,jez make sure u fulfil ur promise.more Mb 2ur phone#stil i read

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:00am On Nov 15, 2013
heywhy.kum:
Lwkmd oo.... Okay, you've just promised to end this story tomorrow. You are viewing this thread but still putting us all in suspense, lmao... M xpectant 2mao mawnin BOSS--- AS U USUALLY SAY..

Lol... Now typn o... Can u see? In d midnight..
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:01am On Nov 15, 2013
heywhy.kum:

Lol... Now typn o... Can u see? Typn in d midnight..
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:27am On Nov 15, 2013
-83-

Olajumoke believed the cross the pastor gave to her so much. The man was a greatly anointed man of God, he had done that kind of work for many people and it came to reality. Tonia wondered why she'll sleep at the front of his door, she came to Olajumoke to ask her.

'Its for your sake. My pastor, the man you guys took chicken and other stuffs to last year, told him to pray with the cross he gave to me, then the lady he sees first tomorrow will be the one destined for him.' She explained.

"But that doesn't mean I can't sleep in the room, at least there's nobody he'll see. I'll just prevent Shukurat from leaving the room. It won't be good if she sleeps alone tonight." She uttered.

'Yeah, that's also true. Alright, God help us. Goodnight.' She hugged her.

Tonia smiled. "Yes ma, Goodnight."

She walked into her room back. Shukurat was sitting by the plastic chair in the room, operating her laptop. She smiled as she came in. "Although, the guy is good looking, great and brilliant. Do you now think your dream of getting married to him can come to pass. He can beat you to death at home." She uttered smiling.

'You won't understand. Its just like my parents and his have already agreed to let the both of us marry each other after this whole scene. But, he's in love with a girl that has been raped before, the girl is popular. She wrote the novel titled "Total l.."

"Total Love?" Where did he know that great lady?

'Her parent's house is over that street. She has no mother again, that's why I've used "parent's". She explained.

"Oh.. I understand now. So you place her on facebook?" She asked surprisingly.

'Yeah, I really know I've disgraced her too much. I even need God's forgiveness.' She uttered.

'So you so much love him. Was that why you've refused to date Fiyin at service? And even many other guys.' She asked smiling.

"Yeah... Another thing, before I forget. His mum just told me they went to a pastor to collect a cross, the lady he sees first will be the one he'll marry." She explained.

'Wao! That's great. I don't believe it jare. "Na wash".' She uttered.

'No girl, no be wash o. That pastor great pass wetin u dey think o. I fit say may be that be his major work. Let's be serious, jokes apart, its always true.' She explained.

'Alright o.' She replied smiling.

' This your alright o. Don't try to leave this room tomorrow morning. I must see him first.' She smiled.

'Does he know himself?' She asked.

'No.. Not really sure. I don't think so.' She replied.

'Take paracetamol and piriton from the bag, at least to relieve you of what he has gotten you into.' She laughed.

'Thanks.' She smiled back.

Shukurat shut down the system and went towards her bag to bring the drugs out, she also took paracetamol and piriton. The continued gisting till they slept off.

The next morning...

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 3:48am On Nov 15, 2013
-84-

The next morning...

Temitope woke as early as 5:00 am. He met Tomisin's message on his phone, wishing him merry christmas. He smiled and was happy. He started searching his phone and saw one her pictures. He made his wallpaper and replied her message. Not quite long after that, Tofunmi called him urgently.

"Hello Dan, Tomisin said you should come right now. Her Dad is dying." She uttered.

'Dying? Are you guys at home.' He asked, frightened.

'Sure.' She replied.

He got out of the room, picking his car keys only. He didn't even bother to wear a shirt, he wore the singlet and three quatre on him and rushed downstairs. He rushed in such a way he did it slowly so that he won't be able to disturb anyone.

He got to the compound and met Fola sleeping. He got the keys to the gate from his pocket and drove out of the gate. He called Tomisin and told him to tell the gate keeper to open the gate, he sped there.

Seun was holding his chest, around his heart. He was in pains but not quite much. Tofunmi had rushed in when would arrive to get Seun's palm slippers so that they can hurry to the hospital. He barged into the living room and met Tomisin and her father alone there. He prostrated, greeting Seun.

'That's not the point now. Let's get him to the hospital. Help me!' She cried.

They tried to lift him up. Tofunmi was already rushing down the stairs then and dropped the palm slippers for him to wear. They were on their way to the hospital when Seun got well. "I'm okay now." He uttered.

Tomisin was surprised, although she would resume her final year studying medecine but she was totally confused when she saw his state and decided to quickly call Temitope for help.

'Dad, you are okay?' She quickly asked, crying.

'Sure.' He replied.

Tofunmi also was already frightened. Temitope continued driving. 'Either okay or not, we are already at the front of the hospital. Let's know what has really happened.' Temitope said.

They entered into the hospital, after some minutes they where told it was a problem from "fats and oils." Drugs were prescribed and they were told to monitor him well for exercise so that the cholesterol level would reduce. It would also be happeneing to him once in a while but all the same, its just a matter of time before it leaves. They returned back home.

Not quite long after, the cooks arrived to cook for christmas party. Temitope hurried back home. It was already quater to six. He met Fola still asleep. Till he parked and locked the gate as he met it, he didn't wake. He walked stealthily back to his room, no one was awake.

Some minutes later, Olajumoke woke and hurried to Tonia's room to get her. She followed her till she got to the front of his door and knocked before she went back to her room in happiness that he saw Tonia first.
Re: No Matter What by Florblu(f): 5:48am On Nov 15, 2013
*Yinmu*saw her first indeed.dunno y some parents wil not leave dia children 2follow dia hrt wen it cums 2choosin a lyf partner.#destiny can neva b changed.Weldone jare big bro.

1 Like

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:05am On Nov 15, 2013
Florblu: *Yinmu*saw her first indeed.dunno y some parents wil not leave dia children 2follow dia hrt wen it cums 2choosin a lyf partner.#destiny can neva b changed.Weldone jare big bro.

Wao.. Happy to meet this comment.. Thanks 4 ur support sis! M aint "big bro" oo. It looks somehow 4ny how he saw Tomisin first shey?... Typn d nxt page.
Re: No Matter What by D9ty7(m): 6:09am On Nov 15, 2013
My boss u're doing real great.
I c no sense in parents being involved in their children's decisions. And not just children but grown ups.
Tomisin & Temitope all the way.

2 Likes

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 6:19am On Nov 15, 2013
D9ty7: My boss u're doing real great.
I c no sense in parents being involved in their children's decisions. And not just children but grown ups.
Tomisin & Temitope all the way.

Hmmn... Bt do u knw tz nt the really the parents' fault. If it is traced back to the beginning, all this mess was caused by Seun's useless father. If not for him, the pressure wouldn't have been this much. Thanks BOSS 4 reading this!

2 Likes

Re: No Matter What by Abbey2580: 6:30am On Nov 15, 2013
More grease 2 ya elbow. I gbadun d way he left d aos. At last.. I wonder why parents like to interfere in a youth's life when t comes to "choosing" so vexing sha.. Love this part of this story...
Re: No Matter What by Abbey2580: 6:32am On Nov 15, 2013
Temitope Daniel:

Hmmn... Bt do u knw tz nt the really the parents' fault. If it is traced back to the beginning, all this mess was caused by Seun's useless father. If not for him, the pressure wouldn't have been this much. Thanks BOSS 4 reading this!

That's true sha...
Weldn..
Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:02am On Nov 15, 2013
-85-

'I came to plead with you to forgive me of all I've done. It was the devil. Please.' She pleaded.

Temitope stared at her angrily. 'Alright you may leave.' He replied and pushed her out. He shut his door.

Tonia was also happy and walked majestically to her room as if she won a lottery. She met Shukurat already awake, on her laptop. "You and this lappy sha." She smiled as she enters.

'Didn't I tell you that the other girl's story I read has been lifting my soul to also try and write one out. That's what I'm doing oh.' She replied smiling.

Tonia walked up to the bed and jumped on it, looking excited.

'You look a little bit excited this morning, oooh... I've forgotten. You've seen him?' She quickly asked, facing her and neglected the laptop.

"Sure." She replied smiling.

'I trust you. I knew you'd be the first to see him.' She laughed and faced the system back.

Tomisin called Temitope to thank him for the assistance he rendered that morning. He then after went to the living room with a duster to clean the electronics. He was hearing the voices of his parents upstairs discussing, he decided to go and greet them, never knew they were already awake.

Olajumoke had tried all her possible best to make sure she didn't tell Tolulope who Temitope saw first. She kept mute and was expecting the time to come so Tolulope would know he saw Tonia first.

He entered into the bedroom, prostrated and greeted. He was holding the cross with him, the cross drew his father's attention and sat up. "Who was the lady you saw first today." He quickly asked.

Olajumoke was already smiling, just expecting Temitope to say Tonia. Temitope moved closer and smiled to his father. "You are funny dad, why have you asked." He laughed.

'Just tell me.' Tolulope exclaimed.

'That is Tonia, I saw her at the front of his door this morning.' Olajumoke uttered.

'I can't stop laughing, you this people!' Temitope laughed and scat beside his father.

'Is that true?' Tolulope quickly asked.

'Let me tell you the meaning of what you've just done, since yesterday night. Pastor Phillip gave us the cross to give to you soa as to pray with. The lady you saw first this morning is the one destined with you and that's Tonia.' Olajumoke laughed.

'Are you people serious with this?' He stared at his mother.

'Yeah, that's true.' Tolulope answered with a cold voice. "I wish he saw Tomisin first. But how's that possible." Tolulope thought in him.

Temitope laughed out.

"It wasn't Tonia I saw first Dad." He uttered.

What he said caught his father's attention, they both stared at Temitope.

WHAT? WHO? WHEN? Olajumoke asked with a changed face.

Re: No Matter What by TemitopeDaniel(m): 7:02am On Nov 15, 2013
-85-

'I came to plead with you to forgive me of all I've done. It was the devil. Please.' She pleaded.

Temitope stared at her angrily. 'Alright you may leave.' He replied and pushed her out. He shut his door.

Tonia was also happy and walked majestically to her room as if she won a lottery. She met Shukurat already awake, on her laptop. "You and this lappy sha." She smiled as she enters.

'Didn't I tell you that the other girl's story I read has been lifting my soul to also try and write one out. That's what I'm doing oh.' She replied smiling.

Tonia walked up to the bed and jumped on it, looking excited.

'You look a little bit excited this morning, oooh... I've forgotten. You've seen him?' She quickly asked, facing her and neglected the laptop.

"Sure." She replied smiling.

'I trust you. I knew you'd be the first to see him.' She laughed and faced the system back.

Tomisin called Temitope to thank him for the assistance he rendered that morning. He then after went to the living room with a duster to clean the electronics. He was hearing the voices of his parents upstairs discussing, he decided to go and greet them, never knew they were already awake.

Olajumoke had tried all her possible best to make sure she didn't tell Tolulope who Temitope saw first. She kept mute and was expecting the time to come so Tolulope would know he saw Tonia first.

He entered into the bedroom, prostrated and greeted. He was holding the cross with him, the cross drew his father's attention and sat up. "Who was the lady you saw first today." He quickly asked.

Olajumoke was already smiling, just expecting Temitope to say Tonia. Temitope moved closer and smiled to his father. "You are funny dad, why have you asked." He laughed.

'Just tell me.' Tolulope exclaimed.

'That is Tonia, I saw her at the front of his door this morning.' Olajumoke uttered.

'I can't stop laughing, you this people!' Temitope laughed and scat beside his father.

'Is that true?' Tolulope quickly asked.

'Let me tell you the meaning of what you've just done, since yesterday night. Pastor Phillip gave us the cross to give to you soa as to pray with. The lady you saw first this morning is the one destined with you and that's Tonia.' Olajumoke laughed.

'Are you people serious with this?' He stared at his mother.

'Yeah, that's true.' Tolulope answered with a cold voice. "I wish he saw Tomisin first. But how's that possible." Tolulope thought in him.

Temitope laughed out.

"It wasn't Tonia I saw first Dad." He uttered.

What he said caught his father's attention, they both stared at Temitope.

WHAT? WHO? WHEN? Olajumoke asked with a changed face.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Throwback: The British Council Library Ibadan In 1964 / Blue ( Short Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.