Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,165 members, 7,815,063 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Just Friends? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Just Friends? (1134 Views)

Can You Remain Just Friends With An Ex? / Can A Man And A Woman Be '' Just Friends''? / My Boyfriend Wants To Be 'Just Friends' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just Friends? by milknhoney(f): 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2008
On the first day of my highschool years, i saw the most sexiest guy i have ever seen in my life. I instantly made it my mission to make sure he was mine. So i turned on the charm and by the end of that month, we were dating. Those were the best years of my life. we did everything together. we went to the gym and trained, the library to study,and to the movies and held hands. it was like i was living in a fairytale. but soon that fairytale became a tradegy. The other day we were at the the track getting into shape for summer track and i knew something was wrong. he would usually play with me and kiss me when we would run. but that day he was so distant. then i finally asked him what was wrong. big mistake. he looked straight at me and said that he felt that our relationship is not how it use to be. that his feelings for me arent the same. he felt that i was more of a friend then a girlfriend and said that we should just be friends. I was shocked and became teary eyed. i didnt know what to say or do. Then suddenly i started hitting him and slapping him and until i just broke down. he tried to calm me down but it didnt work. then i suddenly punched him in the jaw and kicked him in the stomach. i guess those twelve years of kick boxing came in handy. the next day i ran ten miles straight and did three hours of boxing to get some relief. it didnt work. the worst part is that we are going to be freshmen at the same college. meaning i have to see him with other girls. so im just asking can we really be friends i dont know what to do. cry cry cry
Re: Just Friends? by onyinye2(f): 2:55pm On Jun 14, 2008
yeah i know exactly how you feel. i bet your whole world feel like a hurricane that want wear down. but the sun will soon shine so dont feel like you wont find love again. kiss
Re: Just Friends? by milknhoney(f): 3:01pm On Jun 14, 2008
thanks but right now i dont feel like there anything such as sun. only rain, thunder and lightning.
Re: Just Friends? by Cristalz(f): 3:07pm On Jun 14, 2008
Aww. *accept a bear hug*

Make more friends,go out more,have fun.Meeting new people,especially guys  wink , and doing fun stuff will help you forget him. Just try to put him outta your mind.
Hang out with your own new male friends (females too,of course),and you'll see being 'just friends' ain't impossible  kiss
Re: Just Friends? by tngtech(m): 3:08pm On Jun 14, 2008
milknhoney:

thanks but right now i don't feel like there anything such as sun. only rain, thunder and lightning.

really

@poster

Sorry, i can imagine wat u r going through. sad
Re: Just Friends? by milknhoney(f): 3:18pm On Jun 14, 2008
yeah i know. i try and do things but im constantly reminded of him.
Re: Just Friends? by milknhoney(f): 3:25pm On Jun 14, 2008
Cristalz:

Aww. *accept a bear hug*

Make more friends,go out more,have fun.Meeting new people,especially guys wink , and doing fun stuff will help you forget him. Just try to put him out of your mind.
Hang out with your own new male friends (females too,of course),and you'll see being 'just friends' ain't impossible kiss

easier said then done
Re: Just Friends? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jun 14, 2008
take him off ur mind sweetie,a beter guy might come,just dont let him intimidate u by showcasing diff babes before ur very eyes,if he showcases ,then showcase ur own(but im not telling u to start sleeping wt all them men oo)
Re: Just Friends? by milknhoney(f): 4:06pm On Jun 14, 2008
jennykadry:

take him off your mind sweetie,a beter guy might come,just don't let him intimidate u by showcasing diff babes before your very eyes,if he showcases ,then showcase your own(but im not telling u to start sleeping wt all them men oo)
no i wont sleep with any cause im a virgin. but it is so hard not to think of him. we did such much together. we had so much in common. maybe im like this cause im probably the baby of this site but still i cant let him go. maybe if i had done something different he would have never let me.i dunno know. undecided
Re: Just Friends? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jun 14, 2008
take my advise
Re: Just Friends? by milknhoney(f): 4:13pm On Jun 14, 2008
there will never be a better guy then him. i just know it. i lost the love of my life. cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Just Friends? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Jun 14, 2008
you're still young,we all used to say that but at d end of d day,better men will come
Re: Just Friends? by onyinye2(f): 4:18pm On Jun 14, 2008
jenny you are never going to get through to her. she is in love with this boy and that is all she wants to do is be in love with him. and when i was at her age, man no one could pick me up about my bf.
Re: Just Friends? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Jun 14, 2008
well dats her bizness she should continue dying inlove,i hope she wakes up from her sleep before shes 40 years,if not it will be too late for her,cos no man is going to look at her
Re: Just Friends? by onyinye2(f): 4:22pm On Jun 14, 2008
she will come around just not now. she is still in her teens so right now her whole world has crashed down.
Re: Just Friends? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 14, 2008
when i was her age,i was wiser and sharper dan this,she should grow up,maturity this days is not age, but sense of mind
Re: Just Friends? by onyinye2(f): 4:26pm On Jun 14, 2008
but you have to remember that she been with this guy for four years of her young life.
Re: Just Friends? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 14, 2008
I agree with jenny, yes it is hard but you've got to do what you've got to do, plenty more fish in the pepper soup tongue
Re: Just Friends? by shylladear(f): 4:29pm On Jun 14, 2008
@jennykadry
word
Re: Just Friends? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 14, 2008
[size=15pt]High School Drama!!![/size]
Re: Just Friends? by shylladear(f): 4:31pm On Jun 14, 2008
yes ibikaye is right you better go get another guy before its too late
Re: Just Friends? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Jun 14, 2008
but you have to remember that she been with this guy for four years of her young life.

oh plssssss onyinye---the earlier this girl sits up and not allow her emotions control her senses and her way of reasoning d better for her,and if she wants to continue soaking herself in this madlove of hers ,then she should be prepared to loose so many things/people in life,including d right person
Re: Just Friends? by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 14, 2008
shylladear:

yes ibikaye is right you better go get another guy before its too late
abi o, the guy said he is not feeling her anymore, that's not something to kill herself over, just move on i'm sure she will find the best guy for her smiley
Re: Just Friends? by CrazyMan(m): 8:12pm On Jun 14, 2008
When you go into a relationship, you can’t expect it to work; every relationship has either a happy ending or a tragic ending.

So when you give your body to a guy you need to be very careful so your story won’t have a tragedy ending; when I read how you met him; I knew you went for him based on his physically appearance and not his character that’s why you had a tragic ending.

Anyway cheer up life is a teacher, the more we live, the more we learn; I guess you’ve learnt yours and I’m sure next time; you won’t make the same mistake.

Good Luck!
Re: Just Friends? by StephenP(m): 8:51pm On Jun 14, 2008
You should not have hit him to start with because if he had hit you back you probably won't be here talking the story. He wasn't cheating on you or nothing all he said was he didn't want to date you anymore but y'all could be friends. He told you calmly and you just have responded calmly instead of hitting him. I'm sorry to say but you're in the wrong.
Re: Just Friends? by Orikinla(m): 8:56pm On Apr 09, 2013
So...

(1) (Reply)

Fornication: Suspect Gets 100 Lashes / Does It Make Sense To Date Someone In Ur Classroom? / Is It True ??????????

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.