Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,329 members, 7,826,304 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

A Thread For Poultry Owners - Jobs/Vacancies (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / A Thread For Poultry Owners (15104 Views)

A Thread For Graduates Of Electrical/electronics Engineering Seeking For Jobs / A Thread For Nigerian Army Applicants / A Thread For Job Interview Gate Crashers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Honiepie24: 7:34am On Sep 07, 2013
@spikes alright,we cud do a lil deal,i intend to buy the two breeds,a female mastif nd male wrot,wen i cross dem,the puppy we cud cross with yur german nd share their puppies,wat do u fink?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by chigodo(m): 5:03pm On Sep 07, 2013
Bro you are doing a great job on here,I have some few things I want you to clarify me on pls.

1. Is it adviseable by you to go for a day old bird or about to start laying ones,what are the advantages and disadvantages,assuming I want to buy 1000 birds what are the prices for both?.

2. What will it cost me to construct the cage for birds and how many birds can be comfortably contained in each cage?.

3. Does govt agencies disturb you or have any way of taxing you on regular basis?.

4. Does neighbours complain or report to any authority as regards any form of inconveniecies?.

5. How did you raise your buyers,do they come to the poultry or you supply to them,considering the fact that I'm planning to do the business in Lagos.

6. How long is it advisable to keep the birds to be laying eggs before they are sold?.

7. How about the birds attacking themselves with their mouth?

johnj7818: i ve over 4500layers currently doing well, and just another 1500 chicks. They re 3weeks now....with very low mortality,,if u ve any question based on brooding nd poultry as a whole? I can answer u base on experience
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Nobody: 6:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
@chigodo 1 if you are new to poultry business its not advisable to start with 1000 birds you could start with 100 and increase the no later

1b if you really want to no much abt the business then you should go for day old but if you have a loan that you have to repay quickly then go for point of lay day old is 200 while point of lay is. 850+-

2 a cage that can accommodate 120 birds will cost you 85k new do the calculations for 1000

3 nothing like tax

4 its better you locate your farm at the outskirts of the city

5 marketing is not a problem just inform 1 or 2 people they will inform others about the egg

6 you can keep your birds for 52 weeks after they start laying

7 you need to debeak them for that

1 Like

Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Abolatobi: 7:34pm On Sep 07, 2013
[color=#770077][/color]
keeping birds either for consumptn or business cld be adventurious and interesting wen u r wel experienced and wt technical know how. Serious attentiin shld be put into d mgt practices, stress, overstocking, poor ventilation cld b more dangerous dan d disease itself. Virus ll spread faster wen d aeration is poor.Bacteria develops more wen litters become dirty so wt oda disease. If ds tinz r well cheked, d handling is half done. Also dr r vaccines and medications to prevent such outbrk, visit ur local vert for info on d tym, route and quantity to b administered. A lot is involved. U can browse diseases, symptoms and treatment if poultry diseases for more info. Thanks. u can call me or contact via whatsapp on ds line 08052009077
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by chigodo(m): 8:08pm On Sep 07, 2013
God bless you my brother.....useful info u've given me here

doctor isa: @chigodo 1 if you are new to poultry business its not advisable to start with 1000
birds you could start with 100 and increase the no later

1b if you really want to no much abt the business then you should go for day old but if you have a loan that you have to repay quickly then go for point of lay day old is 200 while point of lay is. 850+-

2 a cage that can accommodate 120 birds will cost you 85k new do the calculations for 1000

3 nothing like tax

4 its better you locate your farm at the outskirts of the city

5 marketing is not a problem just inform 1 or 2 people they will inform others about the egg

6 you can keep your birds for 52 weeks after they start laying

7 you need to debeak them for that
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by LeJeun3: 2:37am On Sep 08, 2013
Everyone is automatically a poultry farmer on this thread. Everyone wants to give advice also, we should have photos filling this thread. Poultry is a great business but has various pit falls. My greatest challenge is actually disposing of the produce of the farm. Eggs especially as the middle men make it very difficult. cheesy
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Dasini: 2:53am On Sep 08, 2013
For those who require management service of an expert on poultry with relative losses,often less than 5 percent.you can reach me via this e-mail,and be assured of a service next to none.send us a mail on this address:dayoolawuni@yahoo.com,while I await your mail,a reminder,poultry remains one of the most lucrative bussiness in Nigeria,take advantaage.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Dasini: 2:58am On Sep 08, 2013
Anyone interested in turkey farming should reach me vis this address:dayoolawuni@yahoo.com,am an expert in poultry management.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by femora007(m): 2:50pm On Sep 08, 2013
Ninilowo:
Me I dont know where to get guineafowl buh i know how to deal with snakes. just boil some eggs......carefully peel just a little part so that u can cover it back......after that push a fishing hook (iwo yoruba language) into each of the eggs..............then cover the peeled part and return the eggs to the cage. once the snake swallows any of the eggs the hook crosses its throat and thatz the end of the "rope"called snake. My granpa used the method effectively n we never lacked snake meat in our pots in those days. Best of luck dear.
thanks
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by emman44(m): 2:57pm On Sep 12, 2013
Kudos to evr1, pls wil like to knw d cost of a box of day old broiler and also d vaccine chart for broiler. Thanks
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by bimbcy(m): 7:02pm On Sep 12, 2013
wow! Nice thread.
I started with 10 broilers(@ 3wks old) around june n 2 ma surprise i recorded 20pcent mortality(as a result of xcreta containing blood). This gave me d needed confidence to buy 25 cockrels(recorded 24 pcent mortality) wch are now 2mnths 2 wks old, it s bin fun raising dem but is like am doing dis @ loss cos ma total cost so far is #9410(fixed cost #1280, direct cost #8130).. Seriously need help on how to reduce cost. Thanks in antcpatn.
@ Oga Seun, d creation of Agriculture board wia we can av threads on poultry, aquacultue, crop (maize, yam....) cultivation will be of help to many pple.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Honiepie24: 4:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
@salex ur neighbour stole ur bird?haha @ maturity?hw did u findout he waz d one?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by ennydoc: 4:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
TARCHYCARDIA: So i ...lt.Is it that people dont rear goat&sheep again,i rear them but my challenge is when they get infectd nd their feace bcom watery(liquid) instead of the solid form and somtym cough. What can i do in regard to my afformention.THANKS

Call a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by LeJeun3: 12:54am On Sep 17, 2013
. I have eggs to sell!! Any interested buyer or middle man should reach me....... PM
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Nwogbe: 7:50am On Sep 17, 2013
LeJeun3: . I have eggs to sell!! Any interested buyer or middle man should reach me....... PM
where do u reside? U can pm me so we talk i am interested
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by emman44(m): 10:51am On Sep 18, 2013
To buy quail eggs please call . For those within ijebu-ode, ijebu-imusin, erunwon, isonyin for now
please.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Nobody: 10:13am On Sep 25, 2013
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by joshneku: 1:29pm On Sep 25, 2013
a very interesting topic
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by samshoz(m): 4:09pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pilot Oz: And pls what do i do when i notcie that my birds suddenly becomes in active?? And doesn't eat their feeds?? What causes in ability to eat?? Pls i would appreciate ur ans thanks.
buy Livestovit
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by ennydoc: 9:30pm On Sep 26, 2013
Pax
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Morgan1092(m): 11:01pm On Sep 27, 2013

Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by genralph(m): 1:38pm On Sep 28, 2013
is it late for me to rear broiler for xmas.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Morgan1092(m): 11:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
gen. ralph:
is it late for me to rear broiler for xmas.
Yes! If u want 2 start 4rm breeding, but if u wnt 2 buy already bred 1's its nt late.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by genralph(m): 9:55am On Sep 29, 2013
Morgan1092: Yes! If u want 2 start 4rm breeding, but if u wnt 2 buy already bred 1's its nt late.
i'm thinking of buying 4wks old chick. pls what are the things i shud know or put in place?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Morgan1092(m): 1:04pm On Sep 29, 2013
gen. ralph:

i'm thinking of buying 4wks old chick. pls what are the things i shud know or put in place?
1st u have to ensure dat d cage is not located in a place wia dia is much cold, oda wise u should have a source of warming dem & use wood shave not dust to cover the floor, and change d shave every week as dis will mek ur chicks neat and free from environmental diseases (like mine). Also if u re buying from company, demand for d vaccine /feeding chart (though dis depends on the quantity u want to buy). I hope dis helps 4 now
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by genralph(m): 1:08pm On Sep 29, 2013
Morgan1092: 1st u have to ensure dat d cage is not located in a place wia dia is much cold, oda wise u should have a source of warming dem & use wood shave not dust to cover the floor, and change d shave every week as dis will mek ur chicks neat and free from environmental diseases (like mine). Also if u re buying from company, demand for d vaccine /feeding chart (though dis depends on the quantity u want to buy). I hope dis helps 4 now
thank you. will get back to ya all on d thread
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Morgan1092(m): 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2013
olasbright: JOB OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the next 48hours We will stop giving out the mobile online cash Set up

that is guaranteed of making you Real and cool N30,000 every week.

Miss It! Miss Out!!!
This mobile online cash set up is not a complex package I can tell you,

this is so very easy that even with your Nokia 2700c/ China Phone you

can still partake on it.
We shall never for what so ever reason entertain any

call or plea from any person asking us to extend this offer! Just make

sure you don't miss out!

It does not matter the type of mobile phone you are currently using as

long as you can check you mail from you mobile you are qualified! On

Tuesday I received a heart blowing testimony from One Mr Patrick who

poverty have really painted blue black he said that he was very surprise

of making N14,000 with his Nokia c3.
After I wired his account to the

online business set up system!
So if Patrick makes N14,000 with his Nokia X2 in less than 48hrs,
what about you?
I have told you not to let your mobile phone be a credit socker! let it be a money maker.
this will make you online cash into your Nigeria Bank Account within 48hours.

if you don't make such amount We will personally Help you out. This kit is a

small but mighty kit that you can even run it on your small java phone, Requirements :
1. A mobile Gprs phone any type, Even

China Phones
2. A Nigeria bank account either savings/current, mind

you the account you provided that's where your Earns will point at.
3.You will also need this material that will direct you on what to do.the

materiel is called: Mobile online cash kit.
4.current available phone number where you could be rech for emergency information where necessary,
How can I withdraw my weekly money?
your withdraw is either by ATM or Withdrawal booklet... Special

Bonus Packages Apart from setting up all this cash mobile based cash

spining empire for you, i will equally hand over the following bonus

packages to you!!!
==> A guide on how buy laptop for as low as 14,000

and how you can go into laptop importation business.
==> How you can

literally turn the free time you spend on Facebook into cool cash! (New)

==> How a jobless 35yrs old man made 250k in just one month and how

you too can duplicate the steps taken by him!.
==> How to create design a monetize a free blog that makes you nothing less than 200k every month!
==> My never know to man secret on how you can start up your

very own internet business that run on auto pilot... All this bonus shall be

given to you only if you order for this today!!! To get this Information that

will command infinite Income to your bank just INVEST One time

Investment of N1,000, Remember The N1,000 is just because i want

every single body to partake on it,
So take this Advantage Now And invest just N1,000 to any First Bank around you.
Account name: ADEGBAYE ADENIRAN
Acct/number :3065333470
once you have successfully invested text the word

""Mobile Cash Set Up Re-Loaded" Followed by your name, email, teller

number, Your own local bank account details this will be used for the set

up.
Send this to 08173604989,
Your Bank Account we be wired instantly after 48hours of Ur investments once we get your text we shall set up your mobile based business withing a week and get back to you with your

Wia re d MODS?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Morgan1092(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2013
olasbright: JOB OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the next 48hours We will stop giving out the mobile online cash Set up

that is guaranteed of making you Real and cool N30,000 every week.

Miss It! Miss Out!!!
This mobile online cash set up is not a complex package I can tell you,

this is so very easy that even with your Nokia 2700c/ China Phone you

can still partake on it.
We shall never for what so ever reason entertain any

call or plea from any person asking us to extend this offer! Just make

sure you don't miss out!

It does not matter the type of mobile phone you are currently using as

long as you can check you mail from you mobile you are qualified! On

Tuesday I received a heart blowing testimony from One Mr Patrick who

poverty have really painted blue black he said that he was very surprise

of making N14,000 with his Nokia c3.
After I wired his account to the

online business set up system!
So if Patrick makes N14,000 with his Nokia X2 in less than 48hrs,
what about you?
I have told you not to let your mobile phone be a credit socker! let it be a money maker.
this will make you online cash into your Nigeria Bank Account within 48hours.

if you don't make such amount We will personally Help you out. This kit is a

small but mighty kit that you can even run it on your small java phone, Requirements :
1. A mobile Gprs phone any type, Even

China Phones
2. A Nigeria bank account either savings/current, mind

you the account you provided that's where your Earns will point at.
3.You will also need this material that will direct you on what to do.the

materiel is called: Mobile online cash kit.
4.current available phone number where you could be rech for emergency information where necessary,
How can I withdraw my weekly money?
your withdraw is either by ATM or Withdrawal booklet... Special

Bonus Packages Apart from setting up all this cash mobile based cash

spining empire for you, i will equally hand over the following bonus

packages to you!!!
==> A guide on how buy laptop for as low as 14,000

and how you can go into laptop importation business.
==> How you can

literally turn the free time you spend on Facebook into cool cash! (New)

==> How a jobless 35yrs old man made 250k in just one month and how

you too can duplicate the steps taken by him!.
==> How to create design a monetize a free blog that makes you nothing less than 200k every month!
==> My never know to man secret on how you can start up your

very own internet business that run on auto pilot... All this bonus shall be

given to you only if you order for this today!!! To get this Information that

will command infinite Income to your bank just INVEST One time

Investment of N1,000, Remember The N1,000 is just because i want

every single body to partake on it,
So take this Advantage Now And invest just N1,000 to any First Bank around you.
Account name: ADEGBAYE ADENIRAN
Acct/number :3065333470
once you have successfully invested text the word

""Mobile Cash Set Up Re-Loaded" Followed by your name, email, teller

number, Your own local bank account details this will be used for the set

up.
Send this to 08173604989,
Your Bank Account we be wired instantly after 48hours of Ur investments once we get your text we shall set up your mobile based business withing a week and get back to you with your

Wia re d MODS?
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by spenca: 8:23am On Oct 02, 2013
Anyone here deals with toms and turkey hens ? I have 3 giant toms and a hen ,she is on heat n the toms have done a bit i guess ,my question now is she keeps going away from the toms as soon as she notices a puff or their walking towards her ,is she about to produce eggs ,coz ama love her to hatch them herself ? They are all for domestic use.
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by Gozychuks(m): 5:55pm On Oct 10, 2013
spenca: Anyone here deals with toms and turkey hens ? I have 3 giant toms and a hen ,she is on heat n the toms have done a bit i guess ,my question now is she keeps going away from the toms as soon as she notices a puff or their walking towards her ,is she about to produce eggs ,coz ama love her to hatch them herself ? They are all for domestic use.
I have some too and the hen likes coming close to my legs. I feel its tryin to tell me sumtin... Maybe it wants to lay egg
Re: A Thread For Poultry Owners by spenca: 5:58pm On Oct 10, 2013
Gozychuks:
I have some too and the hen likes coming close to my legs. I feel its tryin to tell me sumtin... Maybe it wants to lay egg

Mine has a total of 7 eggs as at today, one cracked tho by her buh the ish is she doesnt wanna sit on them ,make i tire her to the eggs

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Enugu State Government Job Recruitment 2019 (Over 1000 Positions) / West Corp Services Limited / Join The Nigerian Army Officers Corp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.