Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,215 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:47 AM

Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC (12082 Views)

$3.5 Billion Loan: Femi Falana Threatens To Sue FG / LASTMA Officers Arrest Military,NSCDC Officers Driving On BRT Lane In Lagos(pics / Abdullahi Gana Appointed As NSCDC Commandant By Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by Originalsly: 12:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mexyz: The way NSCDC handled dat case was poor,but at the same time the owners and tenants of that house can't be exonerated of d crime. Dey were filling 20L jerry cans wit d said pms, wat was their intentions if not 2 sell them,dats if dey ve nt sld out of it.
What was the crime? What should they have done? Is Fashola running to the defense of these "criminals"? I hope they are compensated very well for wrongful arrest and defamation of character. Also if they drilled into the oil company pipeline then the oil company should be paying them for having their pipeline on their property and preventing them from drilling a well.
Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by Phonon: 12:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
It is the office where football teams that have a very bad defence could get capable defenders from the government free of charge.Arsene Wenger is on the board.

You go fear question.

Black Peni5: What the Fuk is Office of Public Defender?

1 Like

Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by nduchucks: 12:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
So Fashola understands that it is unlawful to wrongfully arrest Nigerian citizens - it is even more admirable that the good governor calls for a lawsuit against NSCDC.

Now, Mr. Fashola, where were your senses when you did the same thing you accuse NSCDC of doing, and even went beyond wrongful arrest by topping your criminality with deportation?

4 Likes

Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by Lusola15: 12:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Joyeux:
That is a lie,the owners did not fill jerry cans with pms.

Ok, so tell me how did NSCDC know which house to go to. I mean why didn't they come to my house.
A thief will never admit he stole

1 Like

Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by Lusola15: 12:50pm On Sep 04, 2013
Mexyz: Nice one eldorado, did NNPC asked them to fill their jerrycans with the product? No, so what was their motive for filln the jerrycans? To make quick cash i guess.

Greed dts all
U if they had been using d PMS for their gens and cars alone one no would know for life but they went and sold it.
Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by anonimi: 1:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
eldoradoxx: The way NSCDC operates today would give one impression that they are even worst than the police. I recently went to one of their state offices to release a client who was arrested for illegal oil bunkering. Come and see fight. From 9 in the morning. I went there I had issue with them till 5pm when I secured his release, I realised that it is better to deal with policemen who make no pretense of their desire to collect bribe and give u what u want than Nscdc who pretend to be tougher just to increase the amount they would demand as bribe( for those for give them and police my policy is "NEVER"wink. Secondly, Nscdc has a valid case against the occupants of the building who decided to help themselves with some fuel/ crude oil they found inside their well. It is a strict liability offence. The mere fact that the product was in their well didn't make it theirs. Rather than report to police, they ought to report to nscdc who have jurisdiction on such matters and not the police. The landlord of the premises has a remedy in law against NNPC over the contamination of his underground water well by the latter's rupture pipline. Therefor I think OPD upon proper assessment of the situation would meet a legal brickwall if evidence emerges that occupants of the houses rather than report to nscdc of what they discovered in their wells, decided to scoop the petroleum product.

Thanks for bringing a LEARNED man's viewpoint to this thread.
This makes Fashola's action look very bad on AT LEAST two counts:

1. He is a lawyer. Oh no, what am I even saying. He is not an ordinary lawyer but a SENIOR Advocate of Nigeria, SAN.
2. As a yoruba man, who claims his ANCESTORS are from Lagos state he must have heard the adage:

O ba efon l'abata o yo obe ti. O se bi omi l'omu ku ni? - You find dead bushmeat for forest come carry knife dey butcher am. You think sey na water e drink so tey e come die

As I posted earlier, even as a layman in legal matters, our SAN "excellent progressive" governor will most likely quietly withdraw his order to the OPD just as he did for the NGF/Amaechi case. We go dey wait am for this NL.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by AkamuandStew: 1:48pm On Sep 04, 2013
ndu_chucks: So Fashola understands that it is unlawful to wrongfully arrest Nigerian citizens - it is even more admirable that the good governor calls for a lawsuit against NSCDC.

Now, Mr. Fashola, where were your senses when you did the same thing you accuse NSCDC of doing, and even went beyond wrongful arrest by topping your criminality with deportation?

I wonder why nobody has taken LASG to court...

grin
Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by Ayekotoo(m): 2:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
anonimi:

Thanks for bringing a LEARNED man's viewpoint to this thread.
This makes Fashola's action look very bad on AT LEAST two counts:

1. He is a lawyer. Oh no, what am I even saying. He is not an ordinary lawyer but a SENIOR Advocate of Nigeria, SAN.
2. As a yoruba man, who claims his ANCESTORS are from Lagos state he must have heard the adage:

As I posted earlier, even as a layman in legal matters our SAN, "excellent progressive" governor will most likely quietly withdraw his order to the OPD just as he did for the NGF/Amaechi case. We go dey wait am for this NL.

This is where you know a competent leader and someone that knows the rule of law. Fashola is a lawyer and knows where to run to I.e the court unlike some ceremonial leaders suchas Orji Kalu and Peter Obi that keep whining, crying and issuing useless ultimatum. I wonder if these leaders know anything about politics.
Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by smartg(m): 3:32pm On Sep 04, 2013
2015 is at the corner, now, the governor has suddenly changed and become 'the man of the people' mmmh!
ACN, I de hail una ooh.
Una sabi campaign no be small!.

1 Like

Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by isabipassyou: 6:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
Na so!!!

Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by oneliegeria: 7:29pm On Sep 04, 2013
tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue I don't understand why Fascistola would turn around to accuse us of wrongful arrests when he used state law enforcers to arrest and lock up fellow LIEGERIANS(without bail nor trial)and subsequently deport these hapless citizens within their country's borders did he (the fascist) prove he is indeed a democrat? . Is it because the NSCDC is a federal parastatal while KAI and LASMA are state owned? This is why I say that State Police is dangerous to our polity and shall work against any party (regional or national)supporting it.
ndu_chucks: So Fashola understands that it is unlawful to wrongfully arrest Nigerian citizens - it is even more admirable that the good governor calls for a lawsuit against NSCDC.

Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by Exponental(m): 9:39pm On Sep 04, 2013
Hw do these "oga @ d tops" think sef? Is a pipeline supposed to run underneath a building?
Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by Thatitan234(m): 1:24am On Sep 05, 2013
Didi Love: The same Fashola that arrested and deported innocent Ibo folks on the charges of being illegal immigrants? Hmmmm.....

im not in support of his act, but he never called them illegal immigrants. Pls find out ur facts well and dont jes say anytin to soil smone else's image.
Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by corperscorner: 5:39am On Sep 05, 2013
Dis shii is quite obvious,
1.) d pple involved reported to d police...
2.) D police took dem to nnpc ofis to notify dem
3.) Nnpc officials took it up from der n did d sealin
4.) NSCDC showed up n laid d arrest...

NSCDC doesn't have an "all-seeing" eyes. Dey mustv been tipped off by someone who was skeptical abt d fact dat oil showed up in someone's well all of a sudden.
And the someone in this particular context is no other but NNPC.
So, its very obvious NNPC ordered the arrest.
NSCDC is just a dog dat was made to chase a armed thief....the person dat sent d dog on d stupid mission won't feel the agony the dog would feel from gettin hit with a stick.

NNPC is just one inconsiderate organization dat has no regards for people's integrity. Der oga's head like pipeline cheesy
Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by eillyboss: 11:25am On Sep 05, 2013
That is touching.Kudos to Mr Fashola but you should also ask how did NSCDC know about it.Can our governor tell us why he has never asked OPD to sued the LASTMA and Policemen who have embrassing everyone the road.Why?Who is fooling who in this country?I can remember the Governor's saying that it is only a dull student that repeats a class after staying in the class for four years(this refers to governors going for second tenure)After telling us this he still contested for second tenure(Is he a dull student or not?).We should all learn how to accept our mistakes and make adjustments than blaming Mr.president.
Re: Fashola Orders OPD To Sue NSCDC by fm7070: 3:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
They just want to prove to their OGA AT THE TOP that they're working

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kano APC Crisis: Ganduje’s Faction Loses In Court, Again / Drama As Man Attacks Obasanjo At Lagos Airport / Aliyu Condemns Those Rejoicing Over Yakowa's Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.