Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,210 members, 7,853,122 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 11:32 AM

Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. (17064 Views)

How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / What Is The Best Thing To Do When Your Newly Married Wife Says No To You On Bed? / Is It Ideal For A Mother-in-law To Move In With A Newly Married Couple?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by wonderfulson: 8:57pm On Sep 04, 2013
Save towards the raining day and be financially disciplined.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by MMotimo: 11:10pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ OP

As for #3, joint account is what I understand but if it works for you, it's progress still
# 7, hmmmmm, that depends on your household finances/budget and from your post, is your wife staying home still an affordable choice for your family? I think you should both ponder that.

By the way, nice to see a family section thread like this on the front page
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by MMotimo: 11:12pm On Sep 04, 2013
@ Fhemmy,

You are a breath of fresh air
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 3:10am On Sep 05, 2013
MMotimo: @ Fhemmy,

You are a breath of fresh air

Thanks and you are blessed too . . .
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 3:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Ishsoph:
I need a wife here and now cheesy cheesy
Ladies if you are sure you can help me reduce my jamboree spending to at least 50% per month then apply in person.
You've gat yourself a hubby.

Lol . . . That is not how it is done oh.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 3:16am On Sep 05, 2013
adconline:
Nope you got it all wrong. Expreince trumps infatuation and meets reality. If she's not handled finances before, it makes no sense to let her handle ur finances. Who's got a better experience in making and handling money, should be one to handle household finances. You cannot handle what you don't know how to make.

If you could not trust the woman while she was your girlfriend with money, where will she get the experience or how would you know that she cant be trusted. . . However, some men think once they see the woman dressing too good, she will use all the money to buy bags and shoes . . .
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by t12tosin: 10:13am On Sep 05, 2013
wink Big boi shocked

pyramid777: @OP...you have spoken well

Let me share my own story... i got married last december and my wife currently doesnt work so i placed her on a monthly allowance. My wife is really very smart cos even though we set a budget and i give her money for the basic needs at home she still finds a smart way of making me to pay for most of the needs at some point. e.g she is expected to buy groceries for the house from her allowance but when we go see a movie together at the mall she ensures we stop by at shoprite for quick shoping and i end up paying for all that we buy

I'm getting smarter now so I've had to review giving her monthly allowance to weekly allowance cos she smartly passes most of the MAJOR expenses to me...but recently fuel for my Generators has been eating very deep into my pocket

Sincerely, its been quite difficult for me to save as a newly married man
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by adconline(m): 10:20am On Sep 05, 2013
Fhemmmy:

If you could not trust the woman while she was your girlfriend with money, where will she get the experience or how would you know that she cant be trusted. . . However, some men think once they see the woman dressing too good, she will use all the money to buy bags and shoes . . .
Financial experience trumps everything! The person who has the least experience in handling money should not be left with making/handling household finances. The notion that most women are better finance managers should not be taken seriously, since most of them have least financial experience coming into the marriage/union. A friend was worried about his wife's constant calls on his MTN line. The man was on roaming call outside Naija ,,the wife was managing her hubby's business while he had gone and couldn't get it that it was not that important to call her husband every 2hrs.. they were both getting charged and the hubby was left with a bill to pay when he came back.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by babeface3: 11:47am On Sep 05, 2013
Do you pay your tithe?
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 12:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
babeface3: Do you pay your tithe?

Wetin concern agbero with overload
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 1:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
adconline:
Financial experience trumps everything! The person who has the least experience in handling money should not be left with making/handling household finances. The notion that most women are better finance managers should not be taken seriously, since most of them have least financial experience coming into the marriage/union. A friend was worried about his wife's constant calls on his MTN line. The man was on roaming call outside Naija ,,the wife was managing her hubby's business while he had gone and couldn't get it that it was not that important to call her husband every 2hrs.. they were both getting charged and the hubby was left with a bill to pay when he came back.

I think you are using the word "most" loosely, cos if you still put 100 ladies together and 100 men at same time, you will fine biger proportion of women that are able to handle money better than most men, i am a man bro, and i know how we are with money.
Women looks at all things with the lens of security and that is part of what made union better.
I am not sure what kinda women you ave been around or used to, but in all - Women are better manager of money than we, men, Now, please note i am not using the word "girls" cos they are still growing and will make mistakes while doing so, but once they turn into a woman - All changes.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 1:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Richfella:

Wetin concern agbero with overload

This is one overload that the Agbero will wish he paid attention to, cos such could sink the ship and without the ship, Agbero will cry of no work
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Sep 05, 2013
Fhemmmy:

This is one overload that the Agbero will wish he paid attention to, cos such could sink the ship and without the ship, Agbero will cry of no work

Mr Fhemmo grin you just discombobulated my brain with this description... I reject the spirit of headache grin

@Topic.... I have to disagree with you for the first time tho, just cos it works for you and few people you know doesn't validate most women as financially prudent and responsible. Atall infact.

I find it very tedious and tiring because I have a tedious career .... so I handed everything over to my olori ebi cool...so far he's doing a fantastic job.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 3:40pm On Sep 05, 2013
jidegirl12:

Mr Fhemmo grin you just discombobulated my brain with this description... I reject the spirit of headache grin

@Topic.... I have to disagree with you for the first time tho, just cos it works for you and few people you know doesn't validate most women as financially prudent and responsible. Atall infact.

I find it very tedious and tiring because I have a tedious career .... so I handed everything over to my olori ebi cool...so far he's doing a fantastic job.

Madam, i hail oh, how is Mr. Jhendo?

I so much agree with you, and that is why we said, if you know that she cant, let her do it, in your case, you knew that olori ebi is good at it, thus, he is doing a good job - I remember when madam left it for me, property tax was behind oh, cos me i hate to just open those envelopes, so i just wanna make the money and hand it over to madam and i look away and she is good at it.
At the end of the day, but in the union are good at something and they could both take care of what they are good at, then, completes one another, but i just cant stand to here "My money, your money" used to be like that too though.

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 05, 2013
Fhemmmy:

In reference to tithing...
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 3:48pm On Sep 05, 2013
Richfella:

In reference to tithing...

Yes, Sir!

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
grin grin
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by adconline(m): 5:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I think you are using the word "most" loosely, cos if you still put 100 ladies together and 100 men at same time, you will fine biger proportion of women that are able to handle money better than most men, i am a man bro, and i know how we are with money.
Women looks at all things with the lens of security and that is part of what made union better.
I am not sure what kinda women you ave been around or used to, but in all - Women are better manager of money than we, men, Now, please note i am not using the word "girls" cos they are still growing and will make mistakes while doing so, but once they turn into a woman - All changes.
From your arguemen, why is it that most men make more money than women if rhey don't know how to handle money? Are u saying that most men know how to make most money and women know how to keep it? There is nothing to support your argument that most women know how to handle finances better since most men make most of the money. Common sense dictates that the person who makes most is more financially prudent. The person who think he/she's a better money manager should show me by making his/her money.

1 Like

Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 5:24pm On Sep 05, 2013
adconline:
From your arguemen, why is it that most men make more money than women if rhey don't know how to handle money? Are u saying that most men know how to make most money and women know how to keep it? There is nothing to support your argument that most women know how to handle finances better since most men make most of the money. Common sense dictates that the person who makes most is more financially prudent. The person who think he/she's a better money manager should show me by making his/her money.

You mean the man that made most money means he is able to handle money - Not at all, Sir . . how much you make has no correlation with how you manage or save the money
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Nobody: 6:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Fhemmmy:

You mean the man that made most money means he is able to handle money - Not at all, Sir . . how much you make has no correlation with how you manage or save the money

Very true. I agree.

But

I still don't agree about how you came up with how most women manage money prudently than men theory sha. Your specified gender inclination on money management bothers me sir.

Like your responded to my earlier post: Anybody is able to do the job ( manage finances) and NOT just women.

Sorry I could be very pushy and stubborn everytime this Topic comes up wink... IMO, It encourages laziness in young ladies.. That's how they cultivate the mentality and expect men to take on ALL the household responsibility while they sit at home 'managing money'.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Kanwulia: 8:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
lady gogo:

Lol. Walmart is the devil i tell ya.

I try to exercise self control in the following places:
Walmart
Shopping mall(i think im beginning to do well here)
Sephora, Mac pretty much any store that sells makeup(Lol thats the makeup artist in me)
Ebay is another devil in the making..

I tire.

Any time I enter that WALMART of a place OR SAMS OR COSTCO. . . . I catch JAGBAJANTIS FEVER! Nothing but JUNK! I never stick to my coupons OR SHOPPPPING LIST!!! angry

E be like say dem dey DO JUJU FOR THIER PARKING LOTS RUB FOR ALL THEM TROLLEYS AND BASKETS!!!! undecided Abi dem get STRRRRRONG BABALAWOS AND MAMALAWS? undecided

So, I have made it easier on myself!!! I only take $100 PERIOD!!!Caaaaash ONLY!!!!! kiss
I only go to such places ONCE A MONTH!

As for shopping malls. . . ONCE A YEAR!!!! I still have all kinds on NONSENSE IN BOTH RESIDENCES I LIVE with TAGS ON!!!

I have to pay MOVERS TO MOVE MY JUNK TO THE SALVATION ARMY ONCE EVERY YEAR!!!! ONLY TO GO AND ACQUIRE MORE JUNK!!!! angry

Shoes nko? UNDER EVERY BED IN THE HOUSE!
NIGERIAN attired nko? GHANA MUST GO BAGS+++++!!!!! embarassed

Nor be curse I beg!!!

I have saved A LOOOOOOOT OF MONEY in the past two years! cool

The days of juvenile-spending are SOOOOOO OVA!!!! kiss

Time to save for OLD AGE! The only thing I will spend GOOOOOOD money on, is FAMILY VACATIONS!!! Not CRRRRRRRAP!!!!!!

Self-control is the key!!! I DON LEARN AM!!!! cool
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by adconline(m): 8:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Fhemmmy:

My point is that the person with least exprience in making money is going to have little or no experience in managing it. You cannot offer what you dont have!Most folks who make money are in better position to manage it than those who don't .
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 12:25am On Sep 06, 2013
jidegirl12:

Very true. I agree.

But

I still don't agree about how you came up with how most women manage money prudently than men theory sha. Your specified gender inclination on money management bothers me sir.

Like your responded to my earlier post: Anybody is able to do the job ( manage finances) and NOT just women.

Sorry I could be very pushy and stubborn everytime this Topic comes up wink... IMO, It encourages laziness in young ladies.. That's how they cultivate the mentality and expect men to take on ALL the household responsibility while they sit at home 'managing money'.

No need to be sorry, at least you are not insulting while speaking your mind . . . so i enjoy it.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 12:28am On Sep 06, 2013
adconline:
My point is that the person with least exprience in making money is going to have little or no experience in managing it. You cannot offer what you dont have!Most folks who make money are in better position to manage it than those who don't .

Lie from the pit of hell . . . cos you making more money does not mean you will be able to manage it well, take a case of son to a rich man and working with Dad, and she is making good money, does that means he will be able to manage the money?
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by adconline(m): 12:59am On Sep 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Lie from the pit of hell . . . cos you making more money does not mean you will be able to manage it well, take a case of son to a rich man and working with Dad, and she is making good money, does that means he will be able to manage the money?
Your case of a rich man's son is an outlier. It takes knowing how to manage money to make money.. Just like the way most men in Naija are better investors than women..You cannot manage what you don't know how to make.. A person who has no money managing skills is surest way to run your business aground. Money managing skills are learned not inherent in some XX chromosomes
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 1:06am On Sep 06, 2013
adconline:
Your case of a rich man's son is an outlier. It takes knowing how to manage money to make money.. Just like the way most men in Naija are better investors than women..You cannot manage what you don't know how to make.. A person who has no money managing skills is surest way to run your business aground. Money managing skills are learned not inherent in some XX chromosomes

Have you ever seen a financial adviser that is not rich before?
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by adconline(m): 4:15am On Sep 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Have you ever seen a financial adviser that is not rich before?

At least a financial planner/adviser goes through school and gets certified. Which means, gaining experience through education and internship, you are saying that a woman becomes a better financial manager by virtue of her gender not by her years of experience in dealing with financial management.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
adconline:

At least a financial planner/adviser goes through school and gets certified. Which means, gaining experience through education and internship, you are saying that a woman becomes a better financial manager by virtue of her gender not by her years of experience in dealing with financial management.

Chairman, i dont buy your argument . . . The Ghana dude in Europe that lost billions in trading went through the walls of schools and well educated and yet lost all such monies in his care
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by sammoe(m): 3:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
Check this out! Galaxy tab 2 7" @45k. For more info
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by adconline(m): 8:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
Fhemmmy:

Chairman, i dont buy your argument . . . The Ghana dude in Europe that lost billions in trading went through the walls of schools and well educated and yet lost all such monies in his care
Keep citing outliers. In Naija, most folks who create, invest, and manage wealth are males, so it's preposterous to infer that women are better financial managers when they have little or no access to wealth.A rich man who genuinely built his wealth is rich because he's a better financial manager.
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by sammoe(m): 12:36pm On Sep 07, 2013
sammoe: Check this out! Galaxy tab 2 7" @45k. For more info smiley
Re: Managing Resources As Newly Married Couples. by Fhemmmy: 7:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
adconline:
Keep citing outliers. In Naija, most folks who create, invest, and manage wealth are males, so it's preposterous to infer that women are better financial managers when they have little or no access to wealth.A rich man who genuinely built his wealth is rich because he's a better financial manager.

Chairman, i can only talk about my environment and people i know . . . tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Parents Learn Of Daughter’s Death On Facebook / Separation From A Rich And Violent Spouse / Amazing Child Birth Stories

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.