Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World (56577 Views)

10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Top 10 Most Mysterious Planets (known) In The Observable Universe / The Top 10 Most Overrated“geniuses” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rexphobia: Space reserved.

wow interesting to know that some dogs are more intelligent than most Nairalanders
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by ichidodo: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
canuck:

LOL! Bingo is a name, not a BREED cheesy

But if you mean The Mongrel (pictured below), the local dogs common in Nigeria, that is a mixed-breed dog that belongs to no single organizationally recognized breed, and therefore excluded from the ranking.

Why d exclusion? Are you a doggie racist?
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by demelza: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
I wish I could get a poodle, they are funny looking.
Golden retrievers are just too beautiful.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Chanchit: 7:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
canuck:

Hahahahaaaa. . .At least we know that "Bingo" is loaded with such native intelligence as:

1) Crossing busy city roads;

2) Fending for itself as owners never chop belle-full reach to feed Bingo;

3) Fathering seeeeeveral puppies in the neighborhood with ANY breed of dog;

4) Avoiding capture and being turned into Pepper Soup by peeps from certain tribes in Nigeria;

5) Barking when spirits are passing. . .

. . .And so on! LOL!

You gerrit mhen, one dey Orile market, tailor line, his name is basket. Na to fu*k, chop and sleep be hin job.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by optimusprime2(m): 7:46pm On Sep 04, 2013
I'm Surprised the Cocker Spaniel is not on your list...
Spaniel breeds in general are intelligent and no Spaniel graces your list.
And I'd have thought a Greyhound would be there too, they have that uncanny confidence for showbiz and Racetracks.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by nosike3(m): 7:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
I feel the German sherpard is the brightest..
My 'Alana' is not only extremely intelligent but obeys orders...
Recognizes my friends even up to 5 years of distance..
but my problem is that she is a virgin and has simply refused to have se.x
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
Guy forget o. My former nkita for village intelligent o. E know when to kill fowl when everbody commot from house. All these ones na janded dogs.

2 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by yuzedo: 7:49pm On Sep 04, 2013
sarutobie: OP I think the jack russel should be somewhere on that list..
Too true..! cool
Ref: Captain Frank Ramsey (Gene Hackman), Commander USS Alabama SSBN-731 - Crimson Tide (1995)

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by chucky234(m): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
nosike3: I feel the German sherpard is the brightest..
GSD is fouth on the official top 100 most intelligent dog list.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by ceejayluv(m): 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
canuck:

LOL! Bingo is a name, not a BREED cheesy

But if you mean The Mongrel (pictured below), the local dogs common in Nigeria, that is a mixed-breed dog that belongs to no single organizationally recognized breed, and therefore excluded from the ranking.

They're called Basenji.. They're the second least intelligent dogs on the list of about 100 breeds!!

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Larrygr8t: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
These dogs are very good for hunting
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by iamdjizzy: 7:52pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by amiskurie(m): 7:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
na today,bingo na yeye dog
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 04, 2013
ceejayluv:
They're called Basenji.. They're the second least intelligent dogs on the list of about 100 breeds!!
But Basenjis don't bark. The average ekuke/local dog can bark like a dog suffering from mental illness.

5 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
@Op; nice one; you learn something new everyday...the German Shepherd, remains my favorite.... cool
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Burger01(m): 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2013
yuzedo:
Too true..! cool
Ref: Captain Frank Ramsey (Gene Hackman), Commander USS Alabama SSBN-731 - Crimson Tide (1995)

..also that kind of dog used in a movie 'Mask' by Jim Carey.. Nice and sharp dog..

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by chucky234(m): 8:11pm On Sep 04, 2013
ItsModella:
But Basenjis don't bark. The average ekuke/local dog can bark like a dog suffering from mental illness.
ekuke is BASENJI,barking varies from dog to dog.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by UjSizzle(f): 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
Shey na Ekuke una dey insult like this cry

I like the Golden Retriever smiley. The Dobberman are scary...my friend'd Dobber won't stop barking everytime i visit, dang thing could shred me given a chance.

I've always found Poodles cute n cuddly.

Hey where's the Chihuahua on that list
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by boniflex(m): 8:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
canuck:

Hahahahaaaa. . .At least we know that "Bingo" is loaded with such native intelligence as:

1) Crossing busy city roads;

2) Fending for itself as owners never chop belle-full reach to feed Bingo;

3) Fathering seeeeeveral puppies in the neighborhood with ANY breed of dog;

4) Avoiding capture and being turned into Pepper Soup by peeps from certain tribes in Nigeria;

5) Barking when spirits are passing. . .

. . .And so on! LOL!

and knows the taste of a good shit
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by timpaker(m): 8:16pm On Sep 04, 2013

Damn! Dat poodle is freaking sexy!!
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by UjSizzle(f): 8:17pm On Sep 04, 2013
lmao virgin dog? Omo na nun be dat oo. What does she do when she's on heat?
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
:/ Where's Great Dane and Bull Mastiff
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by UjSizzle(f): 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
timpaker:
Damn! Dat poddle is freaking sexy!!

Lil sexy thing *sighs*
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 04, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
chucky234: ekuke is BASENJI,barking varies from dog to dog.
Basenjis don't bark, they yodel. If a dog barks, it isn't a basenji. It might be a half-breed but definitely not a pure basenji.

The ekukes I know bark.

4 Likes

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by theanonymous: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by dasparrow: 8:20pm On Sep 04, 2013
@Post

Dog enthusiast in the building!

Yes, I agree with the list. I know that german shepherds, border collies, poodles, the Shetland dog and all the others you listed are very smart. Much respect to the canines.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by tegamarro(m): 8:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
[b][/b] undecided undecidedEba Doggs END TIME TINZ[i]Eba Doggs END TIME TINZ[/i]Eba Doggs END TIME TINZ
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by Nobody: 8:24pm On Sep 04, 2013
I had a german shepherd once. its a mans best friend truly and I almost wept when it died but then I remembered that we are in the END TIMES so I had to let it go.
Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by felifeli: 8:26pm On Sep 04, 2013
Which are the world's tastiest dogs ? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Most Intelligent Dogs In The World by somegirl1: 8:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
canuck: So much affinity for The Mongrel Breed (AKA local Bingo) so far. . .Hmmmm.

OK, see the Mongrel like Tiger Woods - I don't mean he yanshes like a dog o! - I mean he is so mixed that his race cannot be classified. Tiger Woods is:

* 1/4 African American,
* 1/4 Thai,
* 1/4 Chinese,
* 1/8 Native American and
* 1/8 Dutch

So, he calls himself a "Cablinasian". . .Tried as he may, he couldn't fit his Dutch heritage into the fabricated word! wink

Dutch = Caucasian = "Ca......"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Scientists Discover 24 Planets With Conditions More Suitable For Life Than Earth / The African Continent Is Slowly Peeling Apart, A New Ocean Will Be Created / Massive Crocodile Ripped Off A Boy’s Head & Swallowed Him In Costa Rica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.