Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,269 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:08 AM

Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? (938 Views)

IF U Were To Marry Ur Partner The 1st Place U Met,where Wld Ur Wedding Be? / Do You Wish To Marry Ur Current Partner In The Near Future? / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by amyg(f): 5:13pm On Jun 15, 2008
my guy is dead serious about marriage come next year.but he is younger than me by 6months.he is afraid i may go for a better guy cos of his family standard so is uncomfortable.we are both educated and working.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by uspry1(f): 5:18pm On Jun 15, 2008
6 months age difference is SO WHAT! Age is just NUMBERS! Go ahead marry him. . .ignore his parent's old fashioned tribe way he must follow.

This is 2008. . .not 1800s!!!

For strong relationship between two people connect that is based on:

[list]
[li]Trust[/li]
[li]Spirituality[/li]
[li]4 Characters[/li]
[list]
[li]Humility[/li]
[li]Kindness[/li]
[li]Responsibility[/li]
[li]Happiness[/li]
[/list]

[li]Personal Hygiene[/li]
[li]Communication Skill[/li]
[li]Personal Habits[/li]
[li]Strong Connections[/li]
[list]
[li]Good Chemistry and Compatibility[/li]
[li]Shared Common Interest[/li]
[li]Shared Common Life Goal[/li]
[li]Deeper Emotional[/li]
[li]Sexual Compatibility[/li] (refer the knowledge of sexuality)
[li]Agreed Financial Obligations/Compromise Equally[/li]
[/list]
[/list]

FOR MORE DETAILS:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-133197.0.html
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Jackal(m): 1:41am On Jun 17, 2008
Whats wrong with marrying one's age mate?
The last time i check, age is just a number.
You better marry the dude before u are left stranded . . . . . .
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by jgirl3: 1:43am On Jun 17, 2008
age is just what number? angry
A lady of 21 dating a guy of 21 is doomed if she marries him because he will never grow up to her level in the marriage except he's blessed with the rare gift of maturity.
However, if a lady of 21 is dating a guy of 24, then she's marrying someone she can connect with who is not as juvenile as the men her age.
When it comes to men - age is no number. It's a measurement of maturity in MOST cases.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by ariblaze(m): 1:47am On Jun 17, 2008
i soooo

disagree with you j-girl
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Jackal(m): 1:49am On Jun 17, 2008
@ J-girl,

Don't make me break your bones.

Age is a number.
There are 50 yr-olds out there acting like 11 and there are 21 year-olds who act like 40.
It depends on maturity, exposure, experience and all that kizzack.
When i was 17, i could have married a 30 year-old chic. . . . . .cos i was that steaming!!!!
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by 4Him1(m): 1:50am On Jun 17, 2008
j-girl:

age is just what number? angry
A lady of 21 dating a guy of 21 is doomed if she marries him because he will never grow up to her level in the marriage except he's blessed with the rare gift of maturity.
However, if a lady of 21 is dating a guy of 24, then she's marrying someone she can connect with who is not as juvenile as the men her age.
When it comes to men - age is no number. It's a measurement of maturity in MOST cases.

What a load of tosh.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Nobody: 1:54am On Jun 17, 2008

Gotta agree.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by jgirl3: 1:55am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

@ J-girl,

Don't make me break your bones.

Age is a number.
There are 50 yr-olds out there acting like 11 and there are 21 year-olds who act like 40.
It depends on maturity, exposure, experience and all that kizzack.
When i was 17, i could have married a 30 year-old chic. . . . . .because i was that steaming!!!!

Like i said - it's a matter of maturity.
In the case of amy, her boyfriend is matured because he's ready to settle?
If you were that steaming at 17, what's stopping you from marrying now?
When men are ready to settle, they stop playing games and start acting like adults. They know what they want, they go for it and then they know how to handle their women. Most guys are still busy looking to score at the age of 30. Marriage is no where near their mind - It's actually sad.

4 Him:

What a load of tosh.
ummmmm. . . . . . ? load of tosh?

stillwater:

Gotta agree.
Watch the men argue for this like crazy
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by 4Him1(m): 1:59am On Jun 17, 2008
stillwater:

Gotta agree.

Wait until you are mature enough to agree.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Jackal(m): 2:01am On Jun 17, 2008
j-girl:

Like i said - it's a matter of maturity.
In the case of amy, her boyfriend is matured because he's ready to settle?
If you were that steaming at 17, what's stopping you from marrying now?
When men are ready to settle, they stop playing games and start acting like adults. They know what they want, they go for it and then they know how to handle their women. Most guys are still busy looking to score at the age of 30. Marriage is no where near their mind - It's actually sad.

The only thing stopping me now is people are begging me to slow down cos i am so AHEAD of ma time. tongue grin cheesy
Most guys will continue to search and search because the quality out there is becoming scarce.
One trip to UNILAG on a friday evening will tell u the story. . . . . .What we have these days are whores not women. grin cheesy wink
A friend of mine told me in 2006 that he would prefer going to a village to choose a bride than marry a Uni graduate in Nigeria.
Jay, thats a food for thunk. . . . . . . .When women clean up their acts, men will be more responsible. cheesy wink

@ Stillwater,

The return of the man-eater.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by jgirl3: 2:05am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

The only thing stopping me now is people are begging me to slow down because i am so AHEAD of ma time. tongue grin cheesy
Most guys will continue to search and search because the quality out there is becoming scarce.
One trip to UNILAG on a friday evening will tell u the story. . . . . .What we have these days are whores not women. grin cheesy wink
A friend of mine told me in 2006 that he would prefer going to a village to choose a bride than marry a Uni graduate in Nigeria.
Jay, thats a food for thunk. . . . . . . .When women clean up their acts, men will be more responsible. cheesy wink
Why would you listen to people? Do other people feel the way you feel so matured? cheesy tongue
We have women - the only thing is that guys make themselves available to whores and not women.
They see a woman in scandalous outfits and all they think about is getting laid.
They don't think about whether she's good enough to be taken home to mama.
They don't think about the girl sitting next to her in a modest outfit. All they do is go after the LovePeddler-like one.

When men learn to clean up the idea of the women they want, they will find the quality out there. smiley
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Nobody: 2:12am On Jun 17, 2008
4 Him:

Wait until you are mature enough to agree.

What the heck? I'm downright matured enough to have a point of view .

Jackal:

@ Stillwater,

The return of the man-eater.

Please I eat edible products not half baked goods tongue .
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by 4Him1(m): 2:14am On Jun 17, 2008
stillwater:

What the heck? I'm downright matured enough to have a point of view .

doesnt always follow. 5 yr olds have a point of view too no?
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Jackal(m): 2:24am On Jun 17, 2008
j-girl:

Why would you listen to people? Do other people feel the way you feel so matured? cheesy tongue
We have women - the only thing is that guys make themselves available to whores and not women.
They see a woman in scandalous outfits and all they think about is getting laid.
They don't think about whether she's good enough to be taken home to mama.
They don't think about the girl sitting next to her in a modest outfit. All they do is go after the LovePeddler-like one.

When men learn to clean up the idea of the women they want, they will find the quality out there. smiley

You are not getting the point.
Guys don't make emselves available to whores. . . . . .Women are the ones wearing this horrible masks.
Whores when they go out, well-brought up women when they are at home or anywhere near their parents.
So u see, it depends where a woman meets a babe. All those sisters u see in Churches on sundays are something else when u see elsewhere.

@ Stillwater,

The only thing u can eat is cookies n insects.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by jgirl3: 2:28am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

You are not getting the point.
Guys don't make emselves available to whores. . . . . .Women are the ones wearing this horrible masks.
Whores when they go out, well-brought up women when they are at home or anywhere near their parents.
So u see, it depends where a woman meets a babe. All those sisters u see in Churches on sundays are something else when u see elsewhere.

@ Stillwater,

Guys make themselves to anything available in skirts. If they are married, rings and phones and tossed in the trunk of the car.
Guys know when women are pretending now! how hard is it to tell that the holy sister you saw in mass last week is a stripper?
My own is that when guys are mature enough, they begin to recognize the good women that they can possibly marry. Their inner senses are opened up to be able to spot bad and good. The immature ones marry the deceptive ones.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Nobody: 2:33am On Jun 17, 2008
4 Him:

doesnt always follow. 5 yr olds have a point of view too no?

. . .and sometimes five yr olds do talk sense than supposed adults.

Jackal:

@ Stillwater,

The masquerade thrashing is still working on you, I guess.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Jackal(m): 2:38am On Jun 17, 2008
@ Stillwater,

Are u the masquerade?
I spared it the last time i saw it in ma dream. . . . . I won't be merciful this time around.

@ J-girl,

I need to speak to your parents.
Dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty South has derailed u extensively.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by 4Him1(m): 2:42am On Jun 17, 2008
stillwater:

. . .and sometimes five yr olds do talk sense than supposed adults.

i agree. So perhaps u'd be thinking of marrying a 5 yr old now no?
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by jgirl3: 2:44am On Jun 17, 2008
Jackal:

@ J-girl,

I need to speak to your parents.
Dirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrty South has derailed u extensively.

My parents love the good girl they have now. They know i'll never be the type to go for immature boys.
At my age, if you are dating me and can't marry me - bye bye to you.
Mature thoughts lead to thoughts of marriage. . . . . . . How many guys do you see on NL who are married and yet, acting immature? Very very few. . .
Guys who are not desperate but ready to pack it all in for one woman - are usually happier
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Nobody: 2:52am On Jun 17, 2008
4 Him:

i agree. So perhaps u'd be thinking of marrying a 5 yr old now no?

I'm not a paedophile.

Jackal:

@ Stillwater,

Are u the masquerade?
I spared it the last time i saw it in ma dream. . . . . I won't be merciful this time around.

No I'm not tongue. But upsetting the masquerade would only send you six feet under.
Re: Would U Marry Ur Age Mate? by Jackal(m): 3:01am On Jun 17, 2008
j-girl:

My parents love the good girl they have now. They know i'll never be the type to go for immature boys.
At my age, if you are dating me and can't marry me - bye bye to you.
Mature thoughts lead to thoughts of marriage. . . . . . . How many guys do you see on Nairaland who are married and yet, acting immature? Very very few. . .
Guys who are not desperate but ready to pack it all in for one woman - are usually happier

So u are saying single men are generally immature?
May God help you.

stillwater:

No I'm not tongue. But upsetting the masquerade would only send you six feet under.

Keep having your pipe dreams.
Le Chacal is half man-half amazing.

(1) (Reply)

Why Do Ladies Like Men That Treat 'em Like Crap? / i want to konw. / Catch And Keep A Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.