Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,069 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? (35527 Views)

Poll: Would you date your age mate?

No: 23% (43 votes)
Yes: 51% (92 votes)
Neutral: 10% (18 votes)
I prefer someone older: 15% (27 votes)
This poll has ended

I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / Can You Allow Your Best Friend Date Your Sister/brother? / Would You Marry Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by otodeluxe(m): 9:03am On May 28, 2012
please am so curious, is it appropriate that I date my age mate?

Pls I need advice..
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Mynd44: 10:15am On May 28, 2012
Noting bad in it

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by slimyem: 10:23am On May 28, 2012
to each his/her own...
Being age-mates with your partner or not doesnt determine the success of the relationship.just do what suits you!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by richy5(m): 10:29am On May 28, 2012
is good in as much as you both understand and make things work out as plan in d relationship but don't bleep her every minute if u don't?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Mynd44: 11:10am On May 28, 2012
@richy:
is good in as much as you both understand and make things work out as plan in d relationship but don't bleep her every minute if u don't?

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 4:17pm On May 28, 2012
Nothing bad about it
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 28, 2012
women age faster than men.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by shadrach77: 4:21pm On May 28, 2012
it is wrong. a man must be older than his woman so that the woman will respect and submit to him smiley wink cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Piyke: 4:21pm On May 28, 2012
Nothing wrong with it as long as both of you respect each other. To me, age doesn't really make a woman respect a man, a disrespectful woman would still show her true colours to an "aged" husband, its just a matter of time

14 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by ndidibabe(f): 4:23pm On May 28, 2012
Date? No biggie. Marry? I doubt
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Brace1125(m): 4:25pm On May 28, 2012
I won't advic it bro, its deadlock... Talking 4rm xperience

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Obinoscopy(m): 4:25pm On May 28, 2012
Its not so wonderful dating ur age mate.

Reasons:

1) You might not get the respect you need as the man in the house cry (though there are exceptions where you marry a very humble and modest girl)
2) Women are known to age faster thus on the long run she will end up looking like your mother lipsrsealed (though there are exceptions where a women even looks younger when she ages)
3) You might be out-witted in the house. It has been proven scientifically that girls are wiser than their fellow guys within the same age bracket (though there are some girls who are not that wise; but who'd love to date those. . . lol)

I could go on! But despite the fact that its advisable for a guy to date a gal who he seniors by at least 3-5 years, it cannot be generalised for all relationships. Thus the best thing to do is to critically anlayse the girl you intend having a relationship with and see if you two are compatible.

Regards

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Azedplus(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2012
Actually there IƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇ nothing wrong in it but in most cases it will deadlock considering african/Nigeria factors.♏Ɣ advise IƧ̣̣̣̇̇̇ : dating YES,marriage NO
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by SpiritofOkija(m): 4:34pm On May 28, 2012
The truth is yes!

Both of you reason on the same wavelenght

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Flexie(m): 4:34pm On May 28, 2012
fool dey said date and not marriage, grin grin grin grin ;Dilliterate[color=#000099][/color]
shadrach77: it is wrong. a man must be older than his woman so that the woman will respect and submit to him smiley wink cheesy
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 28, 2012
otodeluxe: please am so curious, is it appropriate that I date my age mate?

Pls I need advice..

It's the best especially if you are at comparable level of intelligence.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 28, 2012
I left a nice r/ship cos she was a month older. For me, i cant stand it as a man, due to innumerable reasons. She's gonna age faster, respect, etc..lots I can date someone older but i cant marry someone older. Thats for me. To each man, his taste.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 28, 2012
shadrach77: it is wrong. a man must be older than his woman so that the woman will respect and submit to him smiley wink cheesy

Fooooooooooool! Why don't you go and marry an ape so she can worship you?
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 4:43pm On May 28, 2012
for dating u can

bt for marriage......get a wife that is younger than you

1 Like

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by jadesola7: 4:45pm On May 28, 2012
sayin it is wrong cos of respect is an archaic way of thinking imho...my bro is a year younger than his wife
and both are doing just fine...mind u, both are very happy and enormously successful...
Ppl should stop worryin themselves at these types of things...just make sure u have similar values,
enjoy each others company, and u r happy. Except age is extremely important to you, its no biggie
U'ld b surprised dat just as some men want women who totally look up to them...some men want very
strong personalities cos it gives them some kind of emotional security.
Not all men want lily eyed extremely young angels lookin up to them

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 4:46pm On May 28, 2012
otodeluxe: please am so curious, is it appropriate that I date my age mate?

Pls I need advice..

pls don't. It has more negatives than positives...do the math.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by ijebabe: 4:49pm On May 28, 2012
Where are the pedophiles? grin grin grin
I don't see anything wrong with it if that person is right for you in every way.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Pennywise(m): 4:50pm On May 28, 2012
OP,

are you talking mental or chronological age because they dont always coincide. Having said that you seem to be unduly age conscious in your present relationship and for that reason, it may not work. Let her go now rather than cause her unnecessary heartache later since you are obviously insecure with her.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Mcfemad(m): 4:54pm On May 28, 2012
Haba! Why not? Yes you can!
My lady and I are of the same year, she's months older and she is the very best I've ever seen.
In anyways, it depends on the lady sha!

4 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by izzy2020(m): 4:55pm On May 28, 2012
why not nt too bad if truely u luv him
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by vivicatee: 5:01pm On May 28, 2012
There's nuffin wrong in dat but it nw depends on d ladies xter. Am presently in a serious rel with my age mate, am even 2mnths older than him but d rel has been wonderful cos we've been best of friends for over 10yrs b4 dating and we respect each other. So it depends on aw u 2 see urselves
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Dtwoabbey(m): 5:02pm On May 28, 2012
At times, there is nothing bad in it once a wife is from a good family with a good home training who is ready to be submissive to her husband totally. All you need to know is to study the lady very well while in courtship. Even at times, when ur wife is more than you in age, you can still have a peaceful home once the Lord is your shepherd. So to my own point of view, nothing bad in having ur age mate as ur spouse.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by slimchimex(m): 5:03pm On May 28, 2012
pls guyz,dont make d mistake of marrying ur age mate cos she'll age faster dan u,unless u'll marry every year young which is very rare.....
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Exponental(m): 5:06pm On May 28, 2012
Absolutely nothing!!!!!
What of cases where d wife is older, many outside that roses much more than male being older.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Nobody: 5:09pm On May 28, 2012
jadesola7: sayin it is wrong cos of respect is an archaic way of thinking imho...my bro is a year younger than his wife
and both are doing just fine...mind u, both are very happy and enormously successful...
Ppl should stop worryin themselves at these types of things...just make sure u have similar values,
enjoy each others company, and u r happy. Except age is extremely important to you, its no biggie
U'ld b surprised dat just as some men want women who totally look up to them...some men want very
strong personalities cos it gives them some kind of emotional security.
Not all men want lily eyed extremely young angels lookin up to them

lily-livered men are no good to anyone...even to demselves.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by Camola(m): 5:12pm On May 28, 2012
Age is a measure of life. Age gives room for wealth challenge. Dating age mate is very GOOD.
Re: Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? by blessedmayor(m): 5:13pm On May 28, 2012
taaa! No no no 2 me,i have experienced it.it didn't work @all.d gurl won't supply much respect unless ur financialy strng.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

10 Silly Things Guys Do But Call It Love / How To Spot A Fake Abuja Big Boy / Couple Set To Wed 6 Years After Meeting On BBM During ASUU Strike. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.