Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) (26368 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 9:47pm On Sep 04, 2013
Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria

Onne, Dutse, Yenagoa, Akure, Eket, Makurdi, Ikot Ekpene & Warri

Onne

Dutse

Yenagoa

Akure

Eket

Makurdi

Ikot-Ekpene

Warri

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 9:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Jalingo and Umuahia

Jalingo

Umuahia

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by juman(m): 10:15pm On Sep 04, 2013
One nigeria is nigeria's problem.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by sheedy407(m): 10:27pm On Sep 04, 2013
Space booked for front page comment soon
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by awodman: 10:36pm On Sep 04, 2013
Wow...great sights...I can sight Teragro-the juice concentrate company set up by Tony Elumelu as the result of the current agricultural transformation drive of the current administration..I wonder how many jobs that company has created for markudi and environs ...

4 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Abagworo(m): 10:38pm On Sep 04, 2013
Of all these towns you listed, only Warri and Akure are large. Maybe Markurdi and Yenagoa are moderate. The rest are small. I've been to all but Dutse. It is argued in most quaters that Onne is part of Port-Harcourt city. In Rivers State Obigbo is a larger town than Onne while Bori, Okrika, Omoku, Buguma and Degema are also larger towns than Onne. Bonny is also larger.

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:55pm On Sep 04, 2013
Abagworo: Of all these towns you listed, only Warri and Akure are large. Maybe Markurdi and Yenagoa are moderate. The rest are small. I've been to all but Dutse. It is argued in most quaters that Onne is part of Port-Harcourt city. In Rivers State Obigbo is a larger town than Onne while Bori, Okrika, Omoku, Buguma and Degema are also larger towns than Onne. Bonny is also larger.

Cool.... but when I see these pics, all I see is opportunity. The days of having to move to Lagos, Abuja, PH, to make it big are gone.

3 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Sep 04, 2013
Why Dutse?

Calabar and Uyo will be the economic nerve centers of Nigeria in less than 15years.

All thanks to sound investments in infrastructures, oil industry, tourism and also the booming SE states like Abia and Anambra but most importantly by APC governors like Fashola who will drive out businesses and people from their respective states towards the eastern coastline.

Watch and see.

6 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by IGBOSON1: 11:03pm On Sep 04, 2013
juman: One nigeria is nigeria's problem.

^^^How is 'one Nigeria' Dutses problem? I mean, did you see the place!?......done very fine, but hardly a soul in sight! undecided

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
I see some broke people running away from this thread (no sufficient bundle lol

3 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Abagworo(m): 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2013
Rossikk:

Cool.... but when I see these pics, all I see is opportunity. The days of having to move to Lagos to make it are gone.

Don't believe what you read on Nairaland. There are rich people everywhere in Nigeria and there are as much opportunities. I legally made more than a million Dollars at 25 without having anything to do with Lagos. As we have Young Shall Grow in Lagos, so did we have ABC in Owerri, Ekenedilichukwu in Onitsha, Agofure in Benin, Chidiebere in Aba and so on. Ogbuawa is based in Nnewi and has always based there. I believe Rivers State has much higher middle class in ratio when compared with Lagos.

8 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by IGBOSON1: 11:09pm On Sep 04, 2013
Abagworo:

Don't believe what you read on Nairaland. There are rich people everywhere in Nigeria and there are as much opportunities. I legally made more than a million Dollars at 25 without having anything to do with Lagos. As we have Young Shall Grow in Lagos, so did we have ABC in Owerri, Ekenedilichukwu in Onitsha, Agofure in Benin, Chidiebere in Aba and so on. Ogbuawa is based in Nnewi and has always based there. I believe Rivers State has much higher middle class in ratio when compared with Lagos.

^^^So you're a fan of the monopoly board game as well? Nice one bros! wink

19 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 11:23pm On Sep 04, 2013
IGBO-SON:

lol grin grin

isnt it possible to make a mil? why hate nau undecided
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 11:30pm On Sep 04, 2013
Crassus:

lol grin grin

isnt it possible to make a mil? why hate nau undecided

Na wa o. The bobo could have made $1 milla coolly. People make that kind of money everyday in this Nigeria. cool Maybe the guy just started a fresh business and cleaned up before awon boys could copy the program.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by atlwireles: 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2013
Thanks for the pictures, mostly my homebase Warri. Money, dey everywhere, you just have to find your level and make your share.

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 12:02am On Sep 05, 2013
Rossik nice pictures as usual
But i want to differ on the grounds that any city/town that happens to be a state capital in Nigeria is not unheralded by virture of its position as a state capital it is incumbent on that city to boom and be heralded hence YENAGOA,AKURE,UMAHIA,MARKUDI AND DUTSE which are state capitals of bayelsa ,ondo,Abia, benue and jigawa states respectively are supposed to be very important cities/towns.

As usual am a fan of your threads.

6 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by HezronLorraine(m): 12:14am On Sep 05, 2013
The potential for greatness can't be disputed about Nigeria.in years past,we were nothing but a visionless nation.Now there is vision.We need a Pilot,I don't think we've found him yet.even if he is,there are still strong forces limiting his achievement.

We can do great things.
We are the Power of Naija.
Let's work together and become great together

12 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Abagworo(m): 12:15am On Sep 05, 2013
IGBO-SON:

Its no game bros but reality.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 12:33am On Sep 05, 2013
I don't know why but Northern cities always put a smile on my face every time I see pictures of their silent achievements - despite being the most cursed and abused people on this forum (by you know who) and Nigerians at large. That's the story of Dutse on this thread. Perhaps, it's because I love the underdog/underrated/cornerstone story.

"The ones who talk the loudest and beat their chests have nothing to show for it. But the quiet one is making great strides with a lot to show for it." - ShymmexLion cool

3 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 2:40am On Sep 05, 2013
Cool pics. It's good to see infrastructural investment in Nigeria and savor the opportunities that awaits the risk takers.

Meanwhile, some of my fellow Nigerians are busy cursing the day they became citizens of Nigeria. Fasting and praying in order to give testimony about getting a visa.

At the moment naija is for people who see beyond its present conditions. The young shall grow, change is inevitable. We shall plow our way to greatness. No shakins..! Stand well well..'!!!

2 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 5:12am On Sep 05, 2013
Onne is a part of greater Port-hacourt and should not be listed as a seperate city. It's even more or less an industrial city than anything.

I wish Southern cities could have the quality of roads that i see in Dutse.

I can see some oil money thinz in Yenagoa.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by kstyle2(m): 6:37am On Sep 05, 2013
Plz tak dwn that eyesore u call pics of umuahia....datz crap...i've neva bin 2 taraba but i heard itz a decent place....we wil get there

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Afam4eva(m): 6:38am On Sep 05, 2013
k.style:
Plz tak dwn that eyesore u call pics of umuahia....datz crap...i've neva bin 2 taraba but i heard itz a decent place....we wil get there
Lol grin
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by rodeo0070(m): 7:17am On Sep 05, 2013
I support this especially, Akure
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by dridowu: 7:19am On Sep 05, 2013
Is it Engr Musiwa that snap all ds ?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by lonelydora: 7:28am On Sep 05, 2013
I can see my office building in the Onne pix. But where's "Body Maintenace Pix"?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 7:47am On Sep 05, 2013
ujoinme: Rossik nice pictures as usual
But i want to differ on the grounds that any city/town that happens to be a state capital in Nigeria is not unheralded by virture of its position as a state capital it is incumbent on that city to boom and be heralded hence YENAGOA,AKURE,UMAHIA,MARKUDI AND DUTSE which are state capitals of bayelsa ,ondo,Abia, benue and jigawa states respectively are supposed to be very important cities/towns.

As usual am a fan of your threads.
Well, in principle, yes, capitals should not be termed unheralded, but in reality, how often do we hear Akure mentioned in national discourse? Or Dutse? In fact Dutse might as well not exist for the majority of Nigerians!

2 Likes

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Ucheosefoh(m): 7:59am On Sep 05, 2013
Rossikk: Well, in principle, yes, capitals should not be termed unheralded, but in reality, how often do we hear Akure mentioned in national discourse? Or Dutse? In fact Dutse might as well not exist for the majority of Nigerians!
Bros pix don finish ? Abeg we want more
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by DankemzI(m): 8:04am On Sep 05, 2013
Pvt_Parts: Why Dutse?

Calabar and Uyo will be the economic nerve centers of Nigeria in less than 15years.

All thanks to sound investments in infrastructures, oil industry, tourism and also the booming SE states like Abia and Anambra but most importantly by APC governors like Fashola who will drive out businesses and people from their respective states towards the eastern coastline.

Watch and see.
Really??
#EndAsuuStrikeNow#
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 05, 2013
Impressive, very impressive.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Lilimax(f): 8:47am On Sep 05, 2013
I noticed that some of the pictures were taken around year 2009.
Are we saying that those buildings still look this way going by poor
maintainace culture prevalent in our country

However, good job smiley.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by AnodaIT(m): 9:01am On Sep 05, 2013
I love IK
God bless Akpabio

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Family Members Tour Abroad / Is Muri Okunola The Most Powerful Person In Sanwo-olu's Cabinet? / Tinubu Never Challenged Forfeiture Order - Peter Obi Tells Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.