Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,918 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:27 PM

Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) (26363 Views)

APC Blast PDP:'A Party That Can't Even Spell Its Name Wants 2 Save Nigeria'(pics / House Where Lugard Signed Amalgamation Of Northern Southern Nigeria. -PICS / Troops Recover Eight More Towns In Yobe, Adamawa. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ghananotnaija(m): 9:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
TIL bush villages in Ghana would be called "booming towns" in Nigeria.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
Arysexy: @ OP nice job but d pix of akure u posted are mostly buildings from FUTA. Am presently in akure for some assignment isikan and oba adeshida road to be precise, d govnor is tryin with road but mehn na here I know say mud house get upstair with wooden staircase. The indigenes need to build modern houses here. All am seeing are old building dotting smooth roads built by d govnor.

tell me something...
Mud houses with staircases...?
Just cant stop laughing
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 9:39pm On Sep 05, 2013
^^^ You better believe mud-built houses can have staircases, as shown by this traditional 2 storey house in northern Nigeria:

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by coolest01(m): 9:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Don't believe what you read on Nairaland. There are rich people everywhere in Nigeria and there are as much opportunities. I legally made more than a million Dollars at 25 without having anything to do with Lagos. As we have Young Shall Grow in Lagos, so did we have ABC in Owerri, Ekenedilichukwu in Onitsha, Agofure in Benin, Chidiebere in Aba and so on. Ogbuawa is based in Nnewi and has always based there. I believe Rivers State has much higher middle class in ratio when compared with Lagos.
yea u're right..but one thing that got my interest is the legal way u made 1mill dolls before 25...show me the way bros..I'm already following u. I'm serious
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 10:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Don't believe what you read on Nairaland. There are rich people everywhere in Nigeria and there are as much opportunities. I legally made more than a million Dollars at 25 without having anything to do with Lagos. As we have Young Shall Grow in Lagos, so did we have ABC in Owerri, Ekenedilichukwu in Onitsha, Agofure in Benin, Chidiebere in Aba and so on. Ogbuawa is based in Nnewi and has always based there. I believe Rivers State has much higher middle class in ratio when compared with Lagos.

^^ seconded, $1m =N150million depending on when you turned 25 it could be worth more! I too am most interested to know how you legally made that kind of money before the age 25.
the only ppl i know who easily make that kind of money are our corrupt politician,their conduit/straw men and yahoo boyz. If you did it legally am sure a lot of nairalander will like to know how thanks
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 10:07pm On Sep 05, 2013
^^^Why exactly do you guys expect him to share this information on NL, particularly if the business is still earning some pay for him?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 10:13pm On Sep 05, 2013
Rossikk: ^^^Why exactly do you guys expect him to share this information on NL, particularly if the business is still dropping some pay for him?

Why not if its legal then there is nothing to hide. Going by his claim hes already a millionaire hence he has the money/capital even if he shares tells us his business not strategy. there is still that barrier called capital that will prevent us and would be perceived competition from partaking in his field of venture but it will encourage other young ppl like us that they can make $1m dollars doing legal biz in naija
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 10:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
Rossikk: ^^^Why exactly do you guys expect him to share this information on NL, particularly if the business is still earning some pay for him?

Some peeps no understand say not everything carries multi-level marketing objectives. From a legal biz perspectives no be every thing person dey open mouth talk.

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by coolest01(m): 10:20pm On Sep 05, 2013
GooseBaba:

Some peeps no understand say not everything carries multi-level marketing objectives. From a legal biz perspectives no be every thing person dey open mouth talk.
e bad if we try our luck ask am?

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 10:25pm On Sep 05, 2013
Me think Goosebaba and rossikk are just projecting what they would do on this regard ie not share lol! i believe that agbaworo is a more magnanimous guy, he will share. After All he offered the info. in the first instance.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 10:34pm On Sep 05, 2013
coolest01: e bad if we try our luck ask am?

Oga mi... Nothing spoil inside ooo... grin grin

I was fortunate to be around some investors in Naija. I trip for their dialogue, the way there protected their links. Back then I thought they were simply greedy. But after me sef enter system I see reason why.

For example before everybody and their papa begin do car biz. Those running it back then were making a killing now the industry is saturated.

Same thing with snail market. People making Loads of pepper for that sections knows the consequences of letting such lucrative ideas into main stream katakata.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 10:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
ujoinme: Me think Goosebaba and rossikk are just projecting what they would do on this regard ie not share lol! i believe that agbaworo is a more magnanimous guy, he will share. After All he offered the info. in the first instance.

Oga mi no be like that oooo!!! Even rich men do it. When you see those high rises everywhere. If you know the secrecy that went into such project. You sef go trip.

When pure water started. See millionaires left right and center. Some were busy selling pure disease. Nevertheless, word got out and the heavy weight moved in and monopolize the market. That's why it's good to cook soup without opening the window... grin we go die dia..!
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by coolest01(m): 10:58pm On Sep 05, 2013
GooseBaba:

Oga mi no be like that oooo!!! Even rich men do it. When you see those high rises everywhere. If you know the secrecy that went into such project. You sef go trip.

When pure water started. See millionaires left right and center. Some were busy selling pure disease. Nevertheless, word got out and the heavy weight moved in and monopolize the market. That's why it's good to cook soup without opening the window... grin we go die dia..!
hehehegringrin
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by pazienza(m): 10:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Come on! Not taking any thing away from you, but are you not supposed to be maternally related to one of the political giants of our current democracy?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 11:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
GooseBaba:

lol You are a funny guy. but you don't get the point,Well am not naive, am not asking agbaworo his business secret/strategy all we are asking is the basic question what type of business he is doing pure and simple. eg i import rice into nigeria!

That said am done with this matter its up to Agbaworo either to share or not to.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by coolest01(m): 11:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
ujoinme:

You are a funny guy. but you don't get the point,Well am not naive, am not asking agbaworo his business secret/strategy all we are asking is the basic question what type of business he is doing pure and simple. eg i import rice into nigeria!
GBAM!
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by OgeJesus: 11:05pm On Sep 05, 2013
Very Impressive
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by pazienza(m): 11:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
Orlando Owoh:
How does this correlate with the topic?

Tony is one of my favourite posters here, but even i, was left asking the same question you just asked.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 11:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Rossikk: ^^^ You better believe mud-built houses can have staircases, as shown by this traditional 2 storey house in northern Nigeria:

This is the most suprising thing ive ever seen.We have mud/thatch houses in my village but none with a staircase. The Mud/thatch building engineers in my village need to be retrained.
Can you imagine the kind of ingenuity that went into such construction? am really jealous.

1 Like

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 11:46pm On Sep 05, 2013
ujoinme:

lol You are a funny guy. but you don't get the point,Well am not naive, am not asking agbaworo his business secret/strategy all we are asking is the basic question what type of business he is doing pure and simple. eg i import rice into nigeria!

That said am done with this matter its up to Agbaworo either to share or not to.

Bros..! naive people no dey ask question carry on. Meanwhile, from Agbaworo write up I can narrow his biz runs to transportation. The question then remains which level. Mechanical parts, whole sales, repairs or asset liquidation/ management or straight up share owner. You sef chuck head put you just might find the angle... grin
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 11:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
ujoinme:

This is the most suprising thing ive ever seen.We have mud/thatch houses in my village but none with a staircase. The Mud/thatch building engineers in my village need to be retrained.
Can you imagine the kind of ingenuity that went into such construction? am really jealous.

A major reason the mud architecture of the forest regions of West Africa is relatively simple and not as advanced as that of the West African Sahel is that in the past there was a lot more social disruption and forced migration in the less politically centralised forest regions, by people escaping slave raids, or violent migrant groups seeking arable land, water etc.

So it wasn't wise to build large sturdy homes since you could be required to evacuate at a moment's notice.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 11:50pm On Sep 05, 2013
ujoinme:

The thing trip me sef.. Before you know some people go say na whitey teach us... I wonder the kind market wey the owner being dey run when he cave this house..maybe the guy hammer Agbaworo style back then...lol
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 12:00am On Sep 06, 2013
Rossikk:

A major reason the mud architecture of the forest regions of West Africa is not as developed as the Sahelian north is that in the past there was a lot more social disruption and forced migration in the less politically centralised forest regions by people escaping slave raids, or violent migrant groups seeking arable land, water etc.

So it wasn't wise to build large sturdy homes since you could be required to evacuate at a moment's notice.

The pic of the house you showed looks sturdy enough to me howbeit for the desert region of the north but i doubt if it can survive the heavy rains of the rainforest region of nigeria where my village is located?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:06am On Sep 06, 2013
ujoinme:

The pic of the house you showed looks sturdy enough to me howbeit for the desert region of the north but i doubt if it can survive the heavy rains of the rainforest region of nigeria where my village is located?

Yep... climatic factors might play a part as well. But I hear you can make mud as strong as concrete by mixing it with other elements.

Modern mud building:

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 12:15am On Sep 06, 2013
All the same i salute the african ingenuity that created such structures. A tourist village made up of mud storeyed buildings showcasing African Architectural prowess before the advent of western influence may be a hit for western tourist, thats an idea guys don't you think?
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:17am On Sep 06, 2013
ujoinme: All the same i salute the african ingenuity that created such structures. A tourist village made up of mud storeyed buildings showcasing African Architectural prowess before the advent of western influence may be a hit for western tourist, that's an idea guys don't you think?

It's a great idea.
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 12:19am On Sep 06, 2013
Rossikk:

Yep... climatic factors might play a part as well. But I hear you can make mud as strong as concrete by mixing it with other elements.

Modern mud buiulding:

where did you find that pic? Thats another great photograph.and where is the building at ie which country/location
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:24am On Sep 06, 2013
Somewhere in South America I guess...but it shows there's a lot that can be done with mud. And the thing to note is that mud is .....free!!!!
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by GooseBaba: 12:26am On Sep 06, 2013
ujoinme: All the same i salute the african ingenuity that created such structures. A tourist village made up of mud storeyed buildings showcasing African Architectural prowess before the advent of western influence may be a hit for western tourist, thats an idea guys don't you think?

Ehheeee na so e dey start. See as you just throway correct idea out like that, in the land of wolfs. The possibilities are endless...
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 12:28am On Sep 06, 2013
Rossikk: Not sure what country, but it shows there's a lot that can be done with mud. And the thing to note is that mud is .....free!!!!

i will not be suprised if that second house is in the west ie US or Europe, they always steal our tech and improve on it while africans mope around trying to imitate the west rather than look for ways to improve our indigenous tech
Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by Rossikk(m): 12:34am On Sep 06, 2013
ujoinme:

i will not be suprised if that second house is in the west ie US or Europe, they always steal our tech and improve on it while africans mope around trying to imitate the west rather than look for ways to improve our indigenous tech

Well you're right. It's normally western architects who come up with these ideas to research and enhance mud architecture. Whereas if you raised the issue with the average Nigerian architect, he'd reject it outright.

Here's more traditional mud architecture from northern Nigeria:

Re: Unheralded But Booming Towns In Nigeria (pics) by ujoinme: 12:34am On Sep 06, 2013
just googled modern mud houses, am shocked it seems the indians and middle easterners have advanced with this technology there is a hotel in india built out of mud http://www.mandawahotels.com/index.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"I Came Into A Deeply Divided Family"-Bianca Ojukwu / 2019 General Elections In Jeopardy As Card Reader Loses Out To Presidency / Emir Sanusi's Family Members Tour Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.