Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,428 members, 7,822,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:47 PM

Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse (10474 Views)

A Street In Onitsha After Heavy Rain / Water Supply Restored In Onitsha After 12 Years / Three Killed, 30 Vehicles Burnt In Yoruba-hausa Clash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by Arysexy(m): 2:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
GenWOJUOLA: RIP

To who?
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by Nzewyte(m): 2:14pm On Sep 05, 2013
But my people wht rili is d problem? Sub-standard material, inexperienced labour! See us through baba God...
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by Arysexy(m): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo: RIP to the dead. I've still not been able to understand Igbo people's love for 4 storey building or there about. I've once been a critique of the buildings which is noticeable in most Igbo towns and villages.

4 storey building is equivalent to 10 flats, check d rent per annum then u will understand y every biz man in onitsha competes for a space to put up a 4 or 5 storey building. Some of them use d ground floor for warehouse and rent d 8 flats up. Its all business if u want build mansion u go to ya village and build woteva u like.
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by ceejayluv(m): 2:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
Sad...
Meanwhile, pls do something about the text censor. How the hell do you use the word "attention" for a building. E Re ction doesn't always mean arousal.
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by Iykopee(m): 2:16pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo: RIP to the dead. I've still not been able to understand Igbo people's love for 4 storey building or there about. I've once been a critique of the buildings which is noticeable in most Igbo towns and villages.

Accomodation problem is d reason why the people of onitsha build houses to the lenght of 4,5 and 6 storey. I stay in PH and u cant find such buildings which makes accomodation difficult over here. I'm sure a 2 bedroom flat @ onitsha wudnt exceed 300k per annum which is d inverse in PH where u are bound to cough out 500 or 600k per annum without agent fee and drinking money.

1 Like

Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by ceejayluv(m): 2:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
You could as well criticise the building of skyscrapers in New York especially after 9/11
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by Tonylyte(m): 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Mortals, it a lie, no body died...yea, a friend of mine and family paid 4 dat very yet to be completed buildn(3rd floor). And d house was supose to b four storeys not 5. They were just starting d last floor, whch is d fourth floor. Wrkers stopped wrking becos they was 2much rain dat day. The woman lives truely in abj, n they called her, whch she asked em, if anybody died, they said no. She nw asked em to look 4 catrpila to remove the fallen structure and look 4 a new contractor to commence wrk immidiately.
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by dieold: 2:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
the end time is here with END TIME TINZ!

1 Like

Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by Tonylyte(m): 2:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
ceejayluv:
You could as well criticise the building of skyscrapers in New York especially after 9/11

mortal, the guy was right. Almost all d buildings here has got architectural fault. Hw can u build a big house 4 tenants witout parking space? Hw can u build a house that was suppose to be built on 100x100 on 50x100?
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by oduaboy1: 3:19pm On Sep 05, 2013
Chuksphil2go:

its commercial buildings,we prefer dem to dose ibadan n abeokuta mud houses n rusted zinc dat mek d landscape look like a slums
But the ibadan ones are not collapsing since it's not aba madecheesycheesycheesy
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by Zadokk: 3:28pm On Sep 05, 2013
Am an Architect, i always tell my client dont give ur contractor ur work base on finish, tell him to tell you d materials you need to buy, buy it by urself and tell him to give u his labour only
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by cjrane: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2013

[size=17pt]Everything isn't always about tribe. Buildings have collapsed in Lagos,Kano,Calabar, Abuja,Warri etc. Everything isn't a tribal thing.

Why they build tall buildings?, is the same reason why they build tall buildings in places as Lebanon, Palestinian West-bank New York and even Japan.
LAND SCARCITY IS YOUR ANSWER
![/size]

Any how,with the spate of collapsed buildings in the country, the Government must launch a war against adulterators of cement and importers of fake iron rods.
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by Zadokk: 3:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
Hahaha a country where a builder will handle, structural work, mechanical work, architectural drawing, electrical work, ratio of cement will 7;6;9, the block industries will mould 1;50
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by Abagworo(m): 3:53pm On Sep 05, 2013
ceejayluv:

Those things are not skyscrapers as they mostly range from 3 to 7 storey buildings. The major reason I criticized it then was that they lacked lift, water and power and are located in dirty environment. Anywhere you find such thing in Port-Harcourt, it looks kind of solid. Look at this one on Eastern bypass.

Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by matuskyoo7(m): 3:56pm On Sep 05, 2013
Opey4luv: cryMay their souls rest in peace. cryMay their souls rest in peace.
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by basilo101: 6:59pm On Sep 05, 2013
we dnt hv enof land
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by basilo101: 7:03pm On Sep 05, 2013
odua boy: But the ibadan ones are not collapsing since it's not aba madecheesycheesycheesy
It collapses evriday bt its nt worth reporting because its jst a mere mudhouse

3 Likes

Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by faithglo: 7:55pm On Sep 05, 2013
Pls no body die ooo is still under construction and is at the back of my house .pls adding lies to reality
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by faithglo: 8:02pm On Sep 05, 2013
faith glo: Pls no body die ooo is still under construction and is at the back of my house .pls adding lies to reality
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by faithglo: 8:04pm On Sep 05, 2013
[No dead body oo

Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by ceejayluv(m): 9:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Those things are not skyscrapers as they mostly range from 3 to 7 storey buildings. The major reason I criticized it then was that they lacked lift, water and power and are located in dirty environment. Anywhere you find such thing in Port-Harcourt, it looks kind of solid. Look at this one on Eastern bypass.
Okay... I agree.
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by GentleMimi: 11:43pm On Sep 05, 2013
[quote author=Abagworo]RIP to the dead. I've still not been able to understand Igbo people's love for 4 storey building or there about. I've once been a critique of the buildings which is noticeable in most Igbo towns and villages. [/quote

Exactly. U simply cannot understand. so d'nt give urself a headache.Be more concerned abt d type of builidngs in ur hometown.Dazall.
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by pacioti: 4:04am On Sep 06, 2013
Onitsha
Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by pacioti: 4:23am On Sep 06, 2013
Iykopee:

Accomodation problem is d reason why the people of onitsha build houses to the lenght of 4,5 and 6 storey. I stay in PH and u cant find such buildings which makes accomodation difficult over here. I'm sure a 2 bedroom flat @ onitsha wudnt exceed 300k per annum which is d inverse in PH where u are bound to cough out 500 or 600k per annum without agent fee and drinking money.

Re: Three Killed In Onitsha After Four-storey Building Collapse by pacioti: 4:52am On Sep 06, 2013
Iyiowa near onisha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Makinde Bans Collection Of Illegal Fees In Oyo Schools / South-East Farmers Demand ₦9 Billion From FG Over Herdsmen’s Menace / Southern Kaduna Group (SOKAPU) Adopts Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.