Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,899 members, 7,814,043 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo (4195 Views)

Mujahidat, Asari Dokubo's Wife Just Posted This On Facebook... / Buhari Is Too Weak IBB / Jonathan Too Weak To Rule Nigeria, Says Wamakko (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 11:29am On Sep 05, 2013
berem: You're very correct! Jonathan is yet to have a major achievement in his government. At least something he can be remembered for. Power project was initiated by Obasanjo, the Enugu airport project was started by Yaradua, yet Jonathan is taking the glory. No single major achievement by Jonathan in the past 6 years yet he's interested in a second term? Jonathan is the worst thing to ever happen to Nigeria!

Babe you are truly sick!! The same obasanjo wo embezzled $16b allocated to the power sector with nothing to show for it.The Elumelu who was probing the fraud ended up been haunted by the government.

The Enugu International airport was conceived and executed under this regime under the guidance of ezigbo ada ndi igbo as the aviation minister.These came after lots of failed promises by the northern leaders and OBJ

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by taharqa: 11:36am On Sep 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: [b]OBJ dealt with the opposition and renegade governors with Iwuruwuru INEC.

An X-ray of the tenure of former president OBJ will reveal that a willing INEC is a very POTENT tool for decimating ANY political opponent. With INEC, OBJ removed all but one disloyal governors in the southwest in 2003. With INEC, OBJ decimated the mass movement of APGA in the southeast in 2003 elections. If not that Iwu's INEC came to the aid of OBJ, APGA would have swept PDP out of the southeast in 2003 elections. With INEC, OBJ removed every potentially powerful but disloyal governors in the north. With INEC OBJ ensured that disloyal legislators NEVER won re-election. In those days, immediately you decide to fight OBJ, you have automatically sacrificed your re-election ambition. Ken Nnamani, Pius Ayim and other legislators that stood up to challenge OBJ never bordered to seek re-election to the NASS. The consequence of opposing OBJ in those days was enormous- you'r either dealt with immediately with EFCC or in the next elections with INEC.

But the current president decided, for the overall good of the nation, to do away with fraudulent elections. Since 2010, he has insisted that elections at the national level must be free and fair. Consequently, the president lost that potent tool of using INEC to whip renegade party members and every opposition in line.

And while the president lost this potent tool, governors in their various states are still wielding enormous powers through their various state electoral commissions, that only serve to crown anointed candidates of the governors at the local govt level. The governors also control, hundred percent, the state party structure, state houses of assemblies, national assembly members and even ministers in some cases.

So in essence, while OBJ fought political opponents with BOTH hands, GEJ is doing the same fight with only ONE hand[/b].

Notwithstanding, through hardwork, use of other powers within the control of the president, dialogue and strong persuasions this president has been able to weather all the storm so far. From the 2011 PDP primary elections, 2011 general elections, internal intrigues in the PDP, etc, this president has shown that it is possible to win political battles without the help of INEC. He has shown that the president and indeed state governors can still win political battles while maintaining a truely INDEPENDENT electoral commission. He has shown, for the FIRST TIME since independence, that FREE and FAIR election is possible in Nigeria. This president is indeed a hero who should be commended.
PRECISELY. This is what I dont get with all these talks of GEJ been 'weak' and people like OBJ been 'strong'. OBJ was 'strong' cos he used all d Bad methods to attain his aims; GEJ is 'weak' cos he, in a sharp break from previous Presidents/Heads of States, took a deliberate decision to do at least CERTAIN things right- he does not bribe and share ghanamustgo bags to National Assembly membas and others like previous Leadas did; he has not given a SINGLE offshore/large Onshore Oil license to any person/group, maybe d most Potent means that previous Presidents have used to convey Huge PATRONAGE; he deliberately allowed generally 'free, fair' elections, even against his own closet associates- we know what other leadas did in this respect; he signed d FOI bill and opened up Govt, something that EVERY previous Presidents since independence have openly refused to do, including OBJ and Yar'adua; he allows people to say or write whatever they wish, allowing people to hurl the most vicious personal insults against d President, including clowns like Elrufai who called d President a 'scum of d earth' in Abuja without anything been done to him unlike when this same Ingrate was chased out of d country for doing less to Yar'adua, etc, etc.... I told someone recently that President Jonathan would be a Transistional President. Most of us today may not appreciate d historic extent of d particular disposition of present President; but history wud take a big note. Nuff said.

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by taharqa: 11:41am On Sep 05, 2013
berem: You're very correct! Jonathan is yet to have a major achievement in his government. At least something he can be remembered for. Power project was initiated by Obasanjo, the Enugu airport project was started by Yaradua, yet Jonathan is taking the glory. No single major achievement by Jonathan in the past 6 years yet he's interested in a second term? Jonathan is the worst thing to ever happen to Nigeria!
Who takes ijiots like yourself and @Agbawaro seriously anymore, my dear Sis...

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Iykopee(m): 11:52am On Sep 05, 2013
ayusco85: Its not about weakness, its about honouring an agreement he signed to go only one term. The north arent stupid

Agreements r meant to be honoured or dishonoured. I tink GEJ is right on dis one.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by know: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2013
Haha,GEJ U av Al-Mustapha on 'd bench' and U r dulling.He once played 'false 9' 4 Abacha.Even OBJ run sef,talkless of all dis bloody civillian wey dey call theirselves 'power brokers' today.

APC sef know say dis AL-Mustapha na 'Lionel Messi' that's why they wan sideline am wit 'injury' wit dat their appeal.

GEJ,try chop liver sef na.The disgrace is gettin too much and pls do away wit OBJ.He is the main- man behind your travails.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by ijawcitizen(m): 12:06pm On Sep 05, 2013
Abagworo:

Spare me that falsehood. Nigeria is bigger than Jonathan and Atiku and Nigeria will survive with a new President under APC that will end corruption and start real development. Jonathan, Atiku and all their fellow looters will go to jail.

Jonathan has not achieved any single thing in the last 4 years. Obasanjo's achievements speak volumes. From communication revolution to Banking revolution to stability of the Nation and handing over power to another civilian without war or threatening Nigeria's existence. Even the power projects that Jonathan is hoping on were Obasanjos initiatives but still not yet actualized by Jonathan.

As a real Nigerian, the best advice is for Jonathan to focus on developing energy sector so that he'll have a legacy before losing to APC in 2015 or he'll end up as the worst President in the history of Nigeria. Forget all these tribalism and religious intolerance he has been initiating, it is rather destroying his image.
I can't believe a human being said this!

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by albiol: 12:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
This man should be arrested for treason
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by takedat(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2013
taharqa:

he has not given a SINGLE offshore/large Onshore Oil license to any person/group,

I am definitely sure that you know this is untrue.

1) What of Iyabo Obasanjo's All Grace Energy? She got the juicy oil license in a discretional process without competitive bidding.

2) According to the Ribadu Report, 3 discretionary oil prospecting licenses were said to have been issued by Diezani with missing signature bonuses.

This administration is very far from being transparent and accountable in the case of the oil and gas sector.

A) Malabu oil controversy
B) Crude oil theft
C) Fuel subsidy scam
D) Atlantic Energy Drilling/Shell/NPDC versus Delta State host communities.
E) Lots of sweetheart oil deals to mention a few.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Abagworo(m): 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
ijaw citizen: I can't believe a human being said this!

You better believe it. Everything on this forum and elsewhere concerning Jonathan and PDP is all about Ijaw, Igbo, Hausa, Yoruba, Islam, Christianity, North, South,Southeast, South-south, threatening Nigeria's unity etc. Other political parties especially APC are preaching about unity and development.

2ndly why is East-West road still a death trap till today? Journey of 5km from Port-Harcourt to Obigbo takes 2hours. 5 lawmakers wanted to impeach 27 in Rivers State and admitted on video that the hand of the President was in it.

Jonathan just like Yar'Adua is not a bad man but he's surrounded by wrong people and will leave that seat without legacy .
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by jaso1(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2013
It provoke my anger to hear some stupid and idiocy been displayed by those whose interest is to continue satisfying their pocket at the detriment of poor Nigerians. Jonathan is a president of Nigeria not only South South and if same Nigerians are saying enough of his incapability i thing we should all take a critical look at reason behind that call. In all ramifications this man has disappointed us. He claimed to be observing his fundamental right against the call by some group not to contest in 2015 but he has forgotten that that same right also bestowed on Amechi. Why are we so coward and implore hypocrisy on an important matter in this country. ASU strike without head is enough for Jonathan to relinquish his position in a normal country. He flag up the construction of Lagos Ibadan express yet no deployment of tool or any sign of seriousness on the road. an import from media report about what was left in our foreign reserved, equated to $60B before Jonathan took over only to wake up to another sad news that it has depleted to the tune of $9b without commensurate service to Nigerians. Anninih is a well-known criminal. Bode Judge was just released from prison for criminal offence, these are the people our president choose to work with to proffer solution to Nigeria problem. What else to prove that this man will plug this country into more problem?
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by deeptesting(m): 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2013
I love watching Nageo wild, I learn a lot from the animal kingdom.....Even animals protect their territory and interest and if you want to thrive within its territory total and absolute submission is key..I am so much in love with the political and leadership skill of Vladmir Putin.... I am from SS and understands Asari's position and that is the stuff Gov. Ameba is exhibiting... As a family head you need to keep a balance by taking decisive action when necessary to remain the head of the family else some day your children and their Mum will lock you out just to undermine your authority.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by taharqa: 1:51pm On Sep 05, 2013
take dat: I am definitely sure that you know this is untrue.

1) What of Iyabo Obasanjo's All Grace Energy? She got the juicy oil license in a discretional process without competitive bidding.

2) According to the Ribadu Report, 3 discretionary oil prospecting licenses were said to have been issued by Diezani with missing signature bonuses.

This administration is very far from being transparent and accountable in the case of the oil and gas sector.

A) Malabu oil controversy
B) Crude oil theft
C) Fuel subsidy scam
D) Atlantic Energy Drilling/Shell/NPDC versus Delta State host communities.
E) Lots of sweetheart oil deals to mention a few.

My frnd, I said 'Offshore/LARGE Onshore' oil fields, not marginal Onshore fields divested by d Big Oil Cops and given to some Indigenous players. I chose my words carefully cos I was aware of those 3 marginal fields.... Huge Offshore/Onshore fields are exactly what previous leadas used to cully PATRONAGE from very powerful peeps like sm of those fighting d President presently. The kind of award that wud SHUT those thieves up and get them to 'cooperate' with him. GEJ has NOT given any of such to anybody, Nor has he revoked any such licence from those giving him lots of political troubles today like 'strong' OBJ did to Theophilus Danjuma. Got it??...... By d way, hope you know that the President by law have those Discretionary Powers you talked about? But then, that and d other things you raised, are not want am was focusing on

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by takedat(m): 2:18pm On Sep 05, 2013
taharqa: My frnd, I said 'Offshore/LARGE Onshore' oil fields, not marginal Onshore fields diversed by d Big Oil Cops and given to some Indigenous players. I just my words carefully cos I was aware of those 3 marginal fields.... Those huge Offshore/Onshore fields are exactly want previous leadas used to cully PATRONAGE from very powerful peeps like sm of those fighting d President. The kind of award that wud SHUT those thieves up and get them to 'cooperate' with him. GEJ has NOT given any of such to anybody, Nor has he revoked any such licence from those giving him lots of political troubles today like 'strong' OBJ did to Theophilus Danjuma. Got it??...... By d way, hope you know that the President by law have d Discretionary Powers. But then, that and d other things you raised, are not want am was focusing on
My good friend, some of those licenses issued were prospecting licenses(OPL) and the other OML not marginal fields farmed out or those operated and divested by IOC's except the case of Atlantic Energy Drilling and NDPC. It is OPL that becomes OML. I am sure you know what it takes to be awarded a prospecting license. The discretionary allocation of those licenses in Nigeria comes in form of patronage(cronies, political associates etc). I do know that the law gives the President discretionary powers to award oil licenses, but he personally said it will be done in a globally accepted standard, open and transparent way but most have been done secretly.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Rhemar(m): 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2013
chidindufrank: Jonathan doesn't need any force to deal with the rebels. The masses are in support of Mr president because no Nigerian can lead us to the promise land except Jonathan. He has his plans mapped out. In GEJ Nigerians Trust. Every sector of the economy is moving forward,the ASUU strike will soon be a thing of the past as Mr president is mapping out a plan to solve all the problems of ASUU once and for all.GEJ 2015 till 2019! A dream turned reality!!!!!! Haters kill yourselves.
If at this time he's still mapping then when is he going to start working? Oju to ba maa b'ayan kale ki n t'aaro sepin what av we benefitted 4rm d money dat has accrued 4rm d oil subsidy since January last yr pls mention his remarkable achievements in all of d sectors 2 prove he has done well enough
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Rhemar(m): 3:08pm On Sep 05, 2013
ayusco85: Its not about weakness, its about honouring an agreement he signed to go only one term. The north arent stupid
I hate hearing anything abt signed document whatever, is it even in d constitution of d PDP? I think he has a right 2 recontest but he should go abt it d right way nd nt witch-hunting his perceived enemies d zoning issue is all an Obasanjo making d north is only hammering it b'cos power is expected to shift 2wards their direction
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by taharqa: 3:35pm On Sep 05, 2013
take dat: My good friend, some of those licenses issued were prospecting licenses(OPL) and others OML not marginal fields farmed out or those operated and divested by IOC's except the case of Atlantic Energy Drilling and NDPC. It is OPL that becomes OML. I am sure you know what it takes to be awarded a prospecting license. The discretionary allocation of those licenses in Nigeria comes in form of patronage(cronies, political associates etc).
Okay, then you may be right. I wud probably check the nature of those fields. Like you said, 2 of them (out of 3) may not be marginal fields strictly speaking. I probably thought them to be Marginal fields cos they were relatively small fields that d IOCs divested from (which are what most Marginal fields are- small views operated by indigeneous Cops cos d IOC consider them not to be too economical to them). I may hv been wrong; would check... Howeva, my main points stands: which was that d President had not employed one of d most potent means of galvanishing huge Patronage from very Powerful Interests ie holding of Oil Licencing Rounds for d Big Onshore/SuperBig Offshore fields. Even those 3 relatively small fields (whether they are Marginal fields or OMLs) were not due to a deliberate attempt to conduct an Oil Round in order to share/acquire Patronage, but due to d OIC's divesting from them and d President using his Discretionary Powers to sell same to INDIGENOUS players. Again, those Discretionary Powers are legal; and completely within d Discretion of d President to so use.
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by taharqa: 3:41pm On Sep 05, 2013
By d way @take dat, my argument is not that there are no corruption or schemings in d Oil industry. Far from it. I mean I hv consistenly said that in my previous thread. My focus is on d use of d powers of awarding (or revoking) Oil licences to acquire Patronage; and comparing this President and others in d context of 'strong' and 'weak' leadas...
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Nobody: 4:10pm On Sep 05, 2013
taharqa: Who takes ijiots like yourself and @Agbawaro seriously anymore, my dear Sis...
Foool!! and you keep quoting me? did i touch a nerve you punk? cheesy
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by ba7man(m): 4:29pm On Sep 05, 2013
Ama Doko Doko Biokpo.........
.# Datz All#
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by atlwireles: 4:32pm On Sep 05, 2013
berem: whenever Asari Dokubo makes a statement, it's obvious he is in dire need of something from the government. another sycophant on the loose! grin

What are you in dire need of
Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by Waspy(m): 4:45pm On Sep 05, 2013
NaiJa na Asyllum

Re: Jonathan Too Weak, A Total Disappointment – Asari Dokubo by taharqa: 12:16pm On Sep 06, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Buhari Has Deep Hatred For Igbo – Ohanaeze / Niger Delta Avengers : Www. Nigerdeltaavengers. Org : Back Online / If GEJ Contests In 2019 Presidential Election, Will You Vote For Him?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.