Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,491 members, 7,816,159 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu (22112 Views)

Aregbesola New Road Construction In Osogbo (pictures) / Pictures Of Ongoing Night Construction In Aba And Other Road Projects / Major Projects Under Construction In Nigeria (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by adwem2003(m): 4:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
Hope they are not building place of refuge for boko haram smiley
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by Gorrbachev: 4:46pm On Sep 06, 2013
TrueLegend:
LOL...if d rest of d country refuses to vote jonathan,,,they can start looking for new ways to sustain d economy,bcoz no oil barge wud sell a barrel from d Niger delta,,,Boko haram spoilt d economy of d north,,,but Mend's new attack wud shut down d economy of Nigeria,,,

Stop deceiving your self, boko-haram thrived because the President let it. If Jonathan loses the election and someone starts destroying pipelines because of it, its the local communities that will suffer it. If Jonathan loses, oil will flow and there will be regular vandalism like it use to be. But life will go on. Militants, soldiers and civilians will get killed, but oil will flow. live.
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by kabba7(m): 4:55pm On Sep 06, 2013
So ami wan get hotel for enugu were don go kip pienti plenti ashawo for beta servie .
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by SUBMARINE: 5:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
[color=#006600]
moscobabs: FG no even sabi anytin sef.the hotel supose to be build in South-west what Igbo people need is a mighty prison grin grin grin
Moderator hide this comment and those supporting him.
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by rallymento(m): 5:05pm On Sep 06, 2013
So ife Ihejirika choziri bu ka ndi armie bia zia na ara to si umu akwunna no na 8hours bar! Chai! Smh
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by rallymento(m): 5:11pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaa Ochi ato gbue la'm o!!

Okwu gi ku oto ka amu keni ekeni.. grin

Ibi da kwa ndi Army .. angry
[/sub]
this guy I bu no confirm amu-eba! Ameoba!
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by soma042(m): 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
Chibuebem: i was wondering what they were planning to build there. Thank God for enugu; Thank God for naija. Change is happening.

ya,

seriously after viewing the master plan of the whole project i decided to share it here because based on what i saw,i believe that the hotel is gonna compete among the best hotel in Nigeria no doubt

i love this man

2 Likes

Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by kostadinis: 5:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
okpaniokpani: In other climes where organizations have priorities, military and security outfits don't invest in business not related to their field. Of what use is the hotel to the stated objectives of the Nigerian Army? The Nigerian Army has a defunct pharmaceutical company, why not revive it, if his aim is to diversify revenue?
Besides, the Nigerian army is suffering from acute shortage of accommodation fro officers and personnels. Why not expand the infrastructures in the barracks?
This an excuse to squander resources. Every barrack has a mess which provides temporal accommodation for officers and personnels on transit.
Why build a hotel?

Gen. Ihejirika's idea is without precedents and successful ones for that matter. In an ever decreasing world of conflicts, the military around the globe are trying to expand their scope of objectives which includes but not limited to running corporate organizations.

Egypt's Ministry of Military Production manages at least 14 companies - producing merchandise varying from tank shells and ammunition to fertilisers, sports equipment, cement, pasta and even owning child care centers in the face of receiving over 3 Billion Us dollars hand out from the US government every year. So, what is the fuss about the Nigerian army trying to tinker with investments to help her solve her needs in the ever shrinking Nigeria's defence allocation? Gen. Ihejirika has refurbished and/or built new barracks than any of his predecessors. Under his watch, the NA has begun to sell light military wares beyond the borders of Nigeria. It takes a sharp and innovative mind (not the usual drunken "gwodogwodo" Nigerian General) to put in place a corporate strategic investment plan such as this and the ones before this one. Think for a moment please. Don't just type words for the sake of making comments!

1 Like

Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by chucky234(m): 5:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Nice one for Enugu and environ.
But why do we refers to these hotels as 5 Star hotels, in truth none of them is close to the standard of a 3 Star hotel in Europe or North America especially Eko Hotels and Federal Palace Hotels.
Maybe we should just tag them 2 Star hotels to compliment their poor architectural standard, no beefing just my observation.
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by Nobody: 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
moscobabs: FG no even sabi anytin sef.the hotel supose to be build in South-west what Igbo people need is a mighty prison grin grin grin
and what u need is Elementary Education
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by moscobabs(m): 5:27pm On Sep 06, 2013
SUBMARINE: [color=#006600] Moderator hide this comment and those supporting him.
Mugun..which day u become Nairaland Commander?you too can hide it if the moderator refuses to do so
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by moscobabs(m): 5:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
igboezue: and what u need is Elementary Education
go see ur Doctor jare.....I mean ur veterinary doctor oo
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by boss1310(m): 5:31pm On Sep 06, 2013
army building a hotel?isnt this end....
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
Gorrbachev:

Stop deceiving your self, boko-haram thrived because the President let it. If Jonathan loses the election and someone starts destroying pipelines because of it, its the local communities that will suffer it. If Jonathan loses, oil will flow and there will be regular vandalism like it use to be. But life will go on. Militants, soldiers and civilians will get killed, but oil will flow. live.
When d tym reaches we wud know...I hope ur groundnut pyramids re still standing
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by AkamuandStew: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
This is what this Ihejirika dude should be thinking of, not some senseless 2-Star Hotel for his soldiers to Yansh Enugu chicks

http://allafrica.com/stories/201303181685.html?viewall=1

Military Barracks in Disrepair

Lagos, Makurdi, Kano, Damaturu, Abuja, Bauchi, Kaduna — Military barracks across the country are in dire need of rehabilitation and in many cases lack enough accommodation for soldiers in spite of the yearly budgets of billions for barracks repairs, Daily Trust investigations have found out.

Our correspondents, who visited military barracks in Lagos, Kaduna, Kano, Bauchi and other places report that many buildings are in a state of disrepair, with broken doors, windows and leaking roofs.

Some barracks, according to the reports, have not been rehabilitated in 30 years, and on some occasions soldiers are called upon to financially contribute to the repair work.

Lack of enough accommodation at certain barracks forces officers to live in buildings meant for their juniors, sometimes two officers in a room.

This is even as the Federal Government has spent over N11.524 billion on construction and rehabilitation of military barracks last year.

An analysis of the 2012 budget shows that the Defence Headquarters spent N140 million on rehabilitation of barracks, while the Nigerian Army spent N1.9 billion on barracks rehabilitation and N961 million on construction of new ones.

The Navy spent N1.9 billion on barracks rehabilitation and N961 million on construction of new barracks, as the Air Force spent N2.7 billion on rehabilitation and N341 million on constructing new barracks.

Units and commands of the Armed Forces also had hundreds of millions budgeted for barracks rehabilitation. The Nigerian Defence College used N64 million and N25 million for barracks rehabilitation and construction respectively, while the Armed Forces Command and Staff College Jaji spent N132 million on barracks rehabilitation.

For its part, the Presidential Committee on Barracks Rehabilitation spent N2.4 billion on repair of barracks, according to details of the 2012 budget.
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
moscobabs:
Mugun..which day u become Nairaland Commander?you too can hide it if the moderator refuses to do so
Sm northerners wanna kill demselves...lol...GEJ 2015
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by IGBOSON1: 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2013
soma042:

ya,

seriously after viewing the master plan of the whole project i decided to share it here because based on what i saw,i believe that the hotel is gonna compete among the best hotel in Nigeria no doubt

i love this man

^^^Any renders?
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by richt75: 6:14pm On Sep 06, 2013
your generation will fit in a giant prison as you wish ndi-igbo.
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by bola4dprec(m): 6:15pm On Sep 06, 2013
People sometimes talk about the
power of first impressions, and
believe me, there is truth to it. grin

1 Like

Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by bola4dprec(m): 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
mekaboy: Hmm, Nice one, but never knew the army is out to compete with private sector in business. Soon we will see police building fast food joint, boutique, navy building shopping malls to diversify income.

Anyway, good one.
. The Nigeria Police cooperative was
established in 1977 with the aim of
helping to improve the welfare of
cooperators and its members.
Our Mission is to be a leading
Cooperative Movement providing a
Distinctive and Innovative Welfare
Services to our members and the Public
through the Utilization of Modern day
Internet Technology, Dedicated
Professionals both within and outside
the Force to deliver Qualitative Welfare
Services to Members of the Society,
and the general Public.
The Nigeria Police Cooperative Society
Ltd, was established by Force Order No.
130, to cater for the welfare needs of
the Nigeria Police and their families. It
is the largest Cooperative Society in
Nigeria and Africa.
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by bola4dprec(m): 6:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
cjrane: Unless they hand it over to credible hotels management company to manage, it will still end up as a haven for rats and cockroaches if it is left for the army to manage. grin grin
come to talk of reality Nigeria Army were the best formation in Nigeria in term of management and discipline.
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by shineeye: 6:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
Chino_Is_Back: Its Okay..

But they should equally bring down to the East major military hardware infrastructures. Ihejirika should brace up, all the key military facilities non is sited in the East. He should decentralized some of this facilities in the north.
You no nothing about the new military strategy in nigeria,go to youtube watch BBC documentary on nigerian army fighting boko harams,their military head quarter in borno state is call ihejirika military head quarter where new recruit train and send off to war front.My brother egwu e change ji go, the documentary says that ihejirika is the man that made it possible he brought a lot of improvement in nigerian military this is why nigerian military is ranking high in africa,have you been to 82 division enugu or calabar? visit enugu 82 div you will not believe your eyes most military hardware is there,to plan military coup it will def fail because without (82 div) the coup will never be successful....
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by realborn(m): 6:58pm On Sep 06, 2013
You are a Bascard for ripping mai ribs. grin
Leave our 042 city alone ooooo

1 Like

Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by shineeye: 7:06pm On Sep 06, 2013
[quote author=kostadinis]

Gen. Ihejirika's idea is without precedents and successful ones for that matter. In an ever decreasing world of conflicts, the military around the globe are trying to expand their scope of objectives which includes but not limited to running corporated organizations.

Egypt's Ministry of Military Production manages at least 14 companies - producing merchandise varying from tank shells and ammunition to fertilisers, sports equipment, cement, pasta and even owning child care centers in the face of receiving over 3 Billion Us dollars hand out from the US government every year. So, what is the fuss about the Nigerian army trying to tinker with investments to help her solve her needs in the ever shrinking Nigeria's defence allocation? Gen. Ihejirika has refurbished and/or built new barracks than any of his predecessors. Under his watch, the NA has begun to sell light military wares beyond the borders of Nigeria. It takes a sharp and innovative mind (not the usual drunken "gwodogwodo" Nigerian General) to put in place a corporate strategic investment plan such as this and the ones before this one. Think for a moment please. Don't just type words for the sake of making comments!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_oYbJYZlnM
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by Datiboboi: 7:29pm On Sep 06, 2013
kostadinis:

Gen. Ihejirika's idea is without precedents and successful ones for that matter. In an ever decreasing world of conflicts, the military around the globe are trying to expand their scope of objectives which includes but not limited to running corporated organizations.

God bless you.
Most of this people ranting about army building a hotel are just envy of anything done by this administration. They want to take us back to the 1st and 2nd republic where thire four fathers mismanaged this country.
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by Mucokey(m): 7:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
Afam4eva:
I agree with you to some extent. But at all at all na him bad. At least the Hotel will add to the IGR of the state and also creat some employment for the natives. But i think Ihejirika should think of setting up an Army school in Enugu or anywhere in the SE.
Truth be told... i can categorically say that COAS (Ihejirika) is the only benefit i ve come close to enjoy in this regime. At the moment, he's eagerly building seriously an Army school in his home town (Ovim Isuikwato) which happens to be my L.G.A in Abia state. Though i am yet to fully know the capacity of this military school but, trust me it's a very large school to behold.
At least my ppl can ve that as a sign of #FreshAir
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by Freedani(m): 8:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
me_for_you: the air force has a similar facility in kaduna.
ur visit to kaduna cant end if you didnt visit the air force club. live band, nightclub, hotel. wonderful place.
Bro thanks for reminding me the old good days.I folo the nack music for the club. NAF club. I remember the day wey two offifers get beef,they begin fight. Naso the pusue all the bloody civilian wey de inside commotcheesy
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by Ayomidegbenga: 8:48pm On Sep 06, 2013
I hope the army will not see it as avenue opportunity to plan 'COUP' Civillian keep watch!!!,A stitch at a time they say,saves nine.
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by touchmeder: 9:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
Am i the only one confused about this private means of making money by the army? Is this what they should be concerned with? Who funds the military of any country? what would they be using the profit of this venture for? undecided
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by amadice(m): 9:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
.....make thunder fire u, ur generation, family, idiat...ewu..OLORIBURUKU..
Re: Army Five-Star Hotel Under-construction In Enugu by amadice(m): 9:44pm On Sep 06, 2013
[quote author=shine eye][/quote].....my broda dnt mind does fools writing against wat d amry general is doing...HAUSA AND YORUBAS hav ruled in d past natin to show for it...nw d south east is ruling the army for d first tyme n dey envy is works...i dnt blame dem I BLAME LORD FEDRICK LUGARD who mistakly brought dis tribalist together wit us....1914 was a bog mistake

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kidnapping: Anambra Govt. Demolishes Church,3 Other Building / Senate Signs Petroleum Industry Governance Bill After 16 Years / Fayose Explains How APC And INEC Are Plotting To Rig 2019 Elections, Lists Lgas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.