Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,294 members, 7,836,283 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:33 AM

Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl (1319 Views)

After Introduction, Whose Responsibility Is It To Pay A Girl's School Fee? / HELP:: How Do I Make This Long Distance Relationship Work! / Can A Relationship Work When We Have Different Backgrounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by WilR(m): 9:10am On Jun 16, 2008
I think the guys does all the work to make the relationship work. What do you Nlanders think?
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by tngtech(m): 9:16am On Jun 16, 2008
its both.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by Godalone(m): 9:18am On Jun 16, 2008
The duo.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by Uzzyan: 12:55pm On Jun 16, 2008
both as my friends have said
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by jhibola: 1:18pm On Jun 16, 2008
well, to me i think the girl suld keep what she have if she really want it
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by beauteous(f): 1:23pm On Jun 16, 2008
both
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by sistawoman: 2:40pm On Jun 16, 2008
I agree with everyone else it takes two to make a relationship work.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by naijababe2(f): 3:09pm On Jun 16, 2008
BOTH OF U. DO U XPECT ONLY THE GUY OR D GIRL TO WEIGH D RESPONSIBILITES?
@jhibola
The guy shul also kip wat he HAVE if he really wants it.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by proo212(m): 3:18pm On Jun 16, 2008
I think it is the two both of them.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by sistawoman: 3:47pm On Jun 16, 2008
I think Mary said it correctly when talking about how a man keeps a woman, they same thing can be applied in reverse.

See, you gotta remember the way that you got me cause that's the way you'll remember the way to keep me.
Spend some time.
Make me smile.

Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Ladies help me sing.
You gotta remember the way that you got me cause that's the way you'll remember the way to keep me.
(Oh, you gotta, you gotta)
Spend some time. (Ohh, spend some time)
Make me smile. (Make me smile)
Yeah, yeah, yeah. (Yeah)

it is important that both men and women remember how they whooed, toated, dated, and won over thier love and that they never stop treating them that way. Dont ever start anything that you can cant continue.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by sylvex(f): 4:25pm On Jun 16, 2008
It's all about collective responsibilties. Building a lasting and fulfilling relationship shouldn't be left to the one party - both sexes involved have to work hand in hand to make it worthwhile cheesy kiss smiley
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jun 16, 2008
both
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by jkpretty(f): 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2008
I don't know why i always feel a relationship depends on a guy even tho people say its both of them involved. undecided

My point is no matter the effort a girl puts into a relationship, if the guy doesn't want it to have a headway it wouldn't. So my believe is that relationship (i mean the whole dating exercise) is in the hands of the guy while marriage is in the hands of the woman.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 16, 2008
The guy's of course! Isn't he the head? grin
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by sistawoman: 4:42pm On Jun 16, 2008
jkpretty:

I don't know why i always feel a relationship depends on a guy even tho people say its both of them involved. undecided

My point is no matter the effort a girl puts into a relationship, if the guy doesn't want it to have a headway it wouldn't. So my believe is that relationship (i mean the whole dating exercise) is in the hands of the guy while marriage is in the hands of the woman.

So if my marriage fails it is my responablity and mine alone? I just cant agree with that. I think both parties have to work equally hard to keep the flame going. If i am the only one tending to the fire then i will fall asleep and it will go out.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by jkpretty(f): 4:49pm On Jun 16, 2008
sistawoman:

So if my marriage fails it is my responablity and mine alone? I just can't agree with that. I think both parties have to work equally hard to keep the flame going. If i am the only one tending to the fire then i will fall asleep and it will go out.

whether u accept it or not honey, a large percentage of marital success falls on the shoulders of the woman.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by sinthia(f): 4:51pm On Jun 16, 2008
the two both of them
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by sistawoman: 4:53pm On Jun 16, 2008
jkpretty:

whether u accept it or not honey, a large percentage of marital success falls on the shoulders of the woman.

How exactly does a woman keep a man that does not want to be kept? If my husband does not want to stay in the marriage because of something unrelated to me then how is that my reponsiblity? How if I am doing all that a wife should do and living up to his expectations supposed to keep him when he is gone?

Both parties have to want this to work otherwise it will fail.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by jkpretty(f): 5:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
sistawoman:

How exactly does a woman keep a man that does not want to be kept? If my husband does not want to stay in the marriage because of something unrelated to me then how is that my reponsiblity? How if I am doing all that a wife should do and living up to his expectations supposed to keep him when he is gone?

Both parties have to want this to work otherwise it will fail.

For a man to propose marriage to u. He must have wanted u badly, except he was pushed into the marriage out of wish Soooo he definitely wants u for keeps which makes it an easy beginning. The manner at which u play the affair from then matters. E.g Ur ability to make ur house a home for him to always come back to, the manner at which u keep working on ur relationship so that even as u grow older he keeps getting more attached to u. The truth is when u get the keys to what gets him superglued to u, "ba whahala" grin cos marriage is just another phase that is soo delicate.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by OscarJ1(m): 5:44pm On Jun 16, 2008
For a man to propose marriage to u. He must have wanted u badly, except he was pushed into the marriage out of wish Soooo he definitely wants u for keeps which makes it an easy beginning. The manner at which u play the affair from then matters. E.g your ability to make your house a home for him to always come back to, the manner at which u keep working on your relationship so that even as u grow older he keeps getting more attached to u. The truth is when u get the keys to what gets him superglued to u, "ba whahala"  because marriage is just another phase that is soo delicate.

I agreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! grin

The truth is when u get the keys to what gets him superglued to u, "ba whahala"

hun hun i no gree oo, wahala dey plenty.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by Gamine(f): 5:58pm On Jun 16, 2008
One more stupidQ on NL.
Which is more respnsible for u postin on NL, ur brain or ur heart?
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by OscarJ1(m): 6:04pm On Jun 16, 2008
One more stupidQ on Nairaland.
Which is more respnsible for u postin on Nairaland, your brain or your heart?

u tell us first.
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by uspry1(f): 10:46pm On Jun 16, 2008
Both are fully responsibility to make their relationship work as following proper insights of what makes the relationship stronger at below link:

Summary Outlines:

[list]
[li]Trust[/li]
[li]Spirituality[/li]
[li]4 Characters[/li]
[list]
[li]Humility[/li]
[li]Kindness[/li]
[li]Responsibility[/li]
[li]Happiness[/li]
[/list]

[li]Personal Hygiene[/li]
[li]Communication Skill[/li]
[li]Personal Habits[/li]
[li]Strong Connections[/li]
[list]
[li]Good Chemistry and Compatibility[/li]
[li]Shared Common Interest[/li]
[li]Shared Common Life Goal[/li]
[li]Deeper Emotional[/li]
[li]Sexual Compatibility[/li] (refer the knowledge of sexuality)
[li]Agreed Financial Obligations/Compromise Equally[/li]
[/list]
[/list]

FOR MORE DETAILS MENTIONED ABOVE THE SUMMARY OUTLINES:
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-133197.0.html
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by tope2000(f): 10:49pm On Jun 16, 2008
@ poster
both
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by ariblaze(m): 11:03pm On Jun 16, 2008
@you know yourself

stop being sassy

@post

both parties

it takes two you know
Re: Whose Responsibility Is It, To Make A Relationship Work? The Guy Or The Girl by Persona82(m): 1:43pm On Jun 17, 2008
One more stupidQ on Nairaland.
Which is more respnsible for u postin on Nairaland, your brain or your heart?

Let me get this straight, U've assumed that the heart is the reason for this post: How does that make it stupid
Or does the heart make one stupid?

@post: I'm assuming you're making frantic efforts to make urs works if that be the case I'll say this

Whatever makes you derail from your priorities is not worth it. If making ur relationship work doesn't affect you adversely then do so otherwise F*ck it.

Naturally everyone has their part to play must not be 50/50, but then each party involved should at least be confortable

(1) (Reply)

It's Not Easy To Be A Man! / Why Does Some Ladies Behave This Way: It Is A Pity / Am Sorry Omowale;"cause Now I Know I Can't Live Without You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.