Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM (27475 Views)

Senator Yerima: "Biafra Struggle Is Legitimate" - Daily Times / Lai Mohammed And Senator Godswill Akpabio Pictured Together / Letter To President Buhari Warns Against EFCC Boss Lamorde And Senator Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Jadeng: 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
How did this man become a professor?!!!

4 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by wittytezzy(m): 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2013
what we have as majority of blogggers here are but shameless ignoramuses, animals in human skin & on & on like that
None of ur dirty eyes see d ignomible level of sexual imoralty &criminalty d@ pavads d nation!
Burning issuz r begging 4 ur coments, go get job! or contact me 2 learn basic ethics of contributing 2 issues lyk dis
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by raqueal(f): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
Senator Yerima has chosen to see it only from the islamic perspective which is subject to his personal interpretation, though shared by many.

That professor embarrassed his whole clan. His point of view was totally ridiculous. What has this got to do with fundamental human right of Muslims? I know these types of lawyers when they talk.

VVF is just one of the consequences of child marriage, and both can't strictly be said to go together.

Making a legislation to prevent child marriage is a complete waste of time and resources. There are many redundant laws in this country and another like this would make no difference. What is the function of a law that will not be enforced?

It is unfortunate that those affected have chosen a myopic view to it and as long as it remains the same, no one can force their hands until is ceases to be a cultural, religious and political issue.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
I think the girl child has a say in this issue too, let's hear her out...

3 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Sagamite(m): 1:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
When that woman asked Yerima about what he thinks about girls right to education. I half expected him to scream in reply: "That is HARAM"! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One thing that annoys me in life is when you are debating with a Muslim and they start quoting the Quran in Arabic.

I DO NOT GIVE A FCK ABOUT YOUR QURAN OR THE ARABIC QUOTES! Say what you need to say in English and stop giving me your dumb madrassa style recitation. I don't speak Arabic, I will never understand whatever junk you are saying in Arabic, I will never be impressed with your memory prowess of reciting it and you are wasting my precious time as well as losing my attention. Keep you madrassa citations to your Islamic audience, I do not want to hear it, I do not give a flying fck about it.

Now they gave this dumb person, that Nigerian education system made a PROFESSOR, a chance to give one last sentence because they are running out of time. They told him ONLY ONE SENTENCE, the person started off making at least 4 sentences and then followed them with his moronic Arabic citations and when he was cut off, he started screaming "You are not allowing me to speak". undecided

I feel like beating the fck out of this person. I am so pissed I want to break his head!

A Nollywood actress speaks and reasons more intelligently than a Nigerian University Professor and a Senator. JESUS!

3 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by fdigital(m): 1:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
I had expected Yerima to say he gave out his
daughter(s) at age 14, not married some else'
daughter at that age, that would ve convince alot
of us about his sincererity on this issue, having
said that, i ve to add that its unnecessary to
continue to debate on this issue cos it ll not
change the situation, its not about law making, its
about implementation and obedience!
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2013
shymexx: Lmao!! grin

Anyway, why did all of you blow-cold after running around like headless chickens when the bill was signed? It's not even 3 months, yet it seems everyone has forgotten about it. What happened to the petitions?

Nigerians are jokers!! You lot just do everything based on following a trend without necessarily thinking things through. How can you fight against something that doesn't affect you directly without the support of those who're affected by it? - pick your battles wisely next time and stop the unnecessary and cowardly distractions!

I guess, "Shymmex" is now a prophet!

Lousy plonkers!
I'D DRINK 2 THAT
DIDNT FINISH LISTENING TO THAT CRAP
TYPICAL NIGERIAN HORSESHIT. 4 PEOPLE COMING TO SPEAK ON AN ISSUE
ONLY 1 PERSON SOUNDS PREPARED
3 OF THEM I.M.O ARE JUST ATTENTION SEEKERS
THE REST DECIDE TO MAKE THEIR ARGUMENTS BASED ON WHAT THEY FEEL
NUTHING SENSIBLE OR FACTUAL.
STELLA DMAMASCUS : HOW CAN U ARGUE FOR VVF WHEN U CANT DEFINE VVF
YERIMA: TRYTING TO COMPARE WHAT OBTAINS IN U.S VEERING OFF POINT
THE PROF: SOUNDS LIKE HE WAS MORE EXCITED ABT BEING ON AL-JAZEERA
THAN TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING SERIOUS.
OVERALL MY TAKE IS THIS
1. NO ONE IS FORCING YOU TO MARRY OFF YOUR DAUGHTER AT AN EARLY AGE
2. MARRYING GIRLS UNDER 18 DOESNT GIVE YOU A FREE PASS TO HEAVEN OR MAKE U A BETTER MUSLIM

BEARING THESE 2 POINTS IN MIND I SLEEP EASY AND GO ABOUT MY BUSINESS
KAPISH
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by daylae(m): 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2013
yerima was just browsing for words althrough, and couldn't make a better sense of it. and that professor is so blinded by religion.

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2013
witty tezzy: what we have as majority of blogggers here are but shameless ignoramuses, animals in human skin & on & on like that
None of ur dirty eyes see d ignomible level of sexual imoralty &criminalty d@ pavads d nation!
Burning issuz r begging 4 ur coments, go get job! or contact me 2 learn basic ethics of contributing 2 issues lyk dis

DUDE
BEFORE U START CALLING PEOPLE NAMES
MAYBE U NEED TO GO BACK TO SCHOOL
POLISH YOUR VOCABULARY OR SOME'N
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by fr3do(m): 1:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
ibromish: I don't support child marriage but marriage is not tied to a particular age but rather maturity (physiological, mental and physical development). I wish the clamour against child marriage could be extended to gay marriage(a dastardly act), which holy boooks condemn totally.
for the fact that age is not pegged to marriage make it seem that anybody could marry any girl he founds suitable; but it takes the sanity of the intending groom to look beyond the age and consider the maturity stage of the intending bride.
there can be no age peg to marriage since ladies beyond 30s, 40s remained unmarried....lets leave the age thing and focus on maturity level...genes defer from generation to generation and so do physiological development in girls defers.
puberty age could also not be peg to a particular age because of this same factor.
few days back a Nairalander posted the birth of triplets from a 14 year old girl; those are the rare cases that occurs in female developments. even the doctors/nurses were astonished at this development as posted by a Nairalander.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 1:33pm On Sep 06, 2013
That professor is a disgrace... Could not even control himself... Respect to Animu Gamawa for his contribution.

You people should know that Child Marriage will not stop anywhere but the main issue is that it should not be passed into law. Making the marriageable age 13 in Nigeria does not mean that every lady will marry at 13, some will still marry at 35 and it takes the parents to decide if they really want to give their daughter in marriage.

I am a Christian and I am not in support of child marriage. If some other countries support it, Yerima can as well go there, get married and come back to Nigeria. So why the fuss over it. Lets face power issue o se e ti gbo...
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by anonimi: 1:40pm On Sep 06, 2013
Misunderstood_G: 1 million likes for Stella and that havard dude.. Yerima is a pedophile, and that Lagos prof. Is a disgrace to Yoruba's around the globe... He should be hanged

Can I propose that he be hanged from his phallus as opposed to the usual hanging by the neck
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by bskyb(m): 1:47pm On Sep 06, 2013
coogar:

you are pissing in the wind.....
VVF is a poverty disease. if all the 10 year old girls in the US/UK get pregnant today, not a single one of them would have to treat VVF. it's nothing to do with the age or underdeveloped organs. quality medical services in ante/postnatal care in the north would eradicate VVF. grab a book and read!

dont you think you can make your arguments without calling using direspectful words like pissing..... yes , I agree they may not have VVF , but that is because they will have CS (caesarian section). Dont you think there is something wrong with that.....It just means they are not prepared for child birth. What I have written on this issue are things that I know first hand. I dont need to blow my trumpet.

Lastly, Please argue without abuse. Thanks

7 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Boss13: 1:53pm On Sep 06, 2013
MY OPINION

I think this is a sensitive issue, because it has to do with religious practices. Some people believe it is their right to marry based on their religious belief. Also, this issue concerns Human right - the right of the girl child.

In order to avoid religious confrontation and repercussions, I would suggest that the girl child be more vocal and be allowed based on her own will to go into early marriage. Such marriages should not be arranged. Also, more awareness campaign be carried out for the girl child to discern properly whether early marriage is appropriate for her. The health, social and economic demerits should be made public especially to the poor ones in the rural areas.

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by bskyb(m): 2:02pm On Sep 06, 2013
We should not for get that this is not only about VVF .
Question: Is a girl of 13 yrs able to take informed decision on her own? If the answer is "yes", then we should allow 13 year olds (M or F) to start driving, voting, seeking elective offices, smoking, taking alcohol etc.

As far as I know the Quran does not say we should get married at 12 or 13 , it simply says when matured. The bible does not specify either; but morals should guide us right.

If we leave it as a decision based solely on what you believe, then there might be a problem too. I am very aware that some traditionalists believe in human sacrifice, should we allow them so long as they are killing their children or those of other traditionalists.

The answer, just like I said, is staring us in the face, but we refuse to see
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Whiskeyboiler: 2:09pm On Sep 06, 2013
gazilion: That Lagos State Prof. is a COMPLETE DISGRACE!
The Islamic Scholar made some sense!!
Stella Damasus is da Bomb!!!
Senator Yerima is shameless !!!!
of them all the Lawyer( Islamic scholar) was most intelligent and focused in his argument. He was not swayed by sentiments. Stella it was obvious, was a bit confused and sentimental . Though she has an arguable point that bothered on the danger of child marriage, she allowed her disdain for Yerima overcome her. Yerima was matured by refusing to be provoked by Stella even though her hardly did justice to the topic. It was obvious that the Senator uses religion to cover up his immoral attitude. As for the Lagos "Prof" he was just a side show. One found it difficult to believe he is actually a professor. Not even an ordinary member of the road transport workers union will argue the way he did. He was pointless and totally clueless. An utter disgrace to whatever he represents. Who invited him to the debate in the first place?

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 2:16pm On Sep 06, 2013
This is why i keep saying religion has no place in our society. Religion is like adding water to the enjoin oli of a car. It won't work fine! Abraham,Muhamed,yahweh etc were all guilty of child molestion.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by idadaniel: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2013
bskyb: .

dont you think you can make your arguments without calling using direspectful words like pissing..... yes , I agree they may not have VVF , but that is because they will have CS (caesarian section). Dont you think there is something wrong with that.....It just means they are not prepared for child birth. What I have written on this issue are things that I know first hand. I dont need to blow my trumpet.

Lastly, Please argue without abuse. Thanks

OSE
I was goin to tell him not to read his books upside down
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by abdulkayus(m): 2:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sagamite: When that woman asked Yerima about what he thinks about girls right to education. I half expected him to scream in reply: "That is HARAM"! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

One thing that annoys me in life is when you are debating with a Muslim and they start quoting the Quran in Arabic.

I DO NOT GIVE A FCK ABOUT YOUR QURAN OR THE ARABIC QUOTES! Say what you need to say in English and stop giving me your dumb madrassa style recitation. I don't speak Arabic, I will never understand whatever junk you are saying in Arabic, I will never be impressed with your memory prowess of reciting it and you are wasting my precious time as well as losing my attention. Keep you madrassa citations to your Islamic audience, I do not want to hear it, I do not give a flying fck about it.

Now they gave this dumb person, that Nigerian education system made a PROFESSOR, a chance to give one last sentence because they are running out of time. They told him ONLY ONE SENTENCE, the person started off making at least 4 sentences and then followed them with his moronic Arabic citations and when he was cut off, he started screaming "You are not allowing me to speak". undecided

I feel like beating the fck out of this person. I am so pissed I want to break his head!

A Nollywood actress speaks and reasons more intelligently than a Nigerian University Professor and a Senator. JESUS!

heyyyyyy dude. Slow down wit ur clueless bigoted and hatred ranting.
Have u taken ur drugs 2day?

2 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 2:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
Sagamite: When that woman asked Yerima about what he thinks about girls right to education. I half expected him to scream in reply: "That is HARAM"! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Jesus Christ grin grin grin

That was just too hilarious.

Me sef, I don't understand those muslims that are not ashamed of putting Arabic language before their own native language. They can speak Arabic better than the Arabs themselves, they can even rap with Arabic and ironically the Arabs look upon their Nigerian languages with disdain and contempt.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Nobody: 2:40pm On Sep 06, 2013

Jesus Christ grin grin grin

That was just too hilarious.

Me sef, I don't understand those muslims that are not ashamed of putting Arabic language before their own native language. They can speak Arabic better than the Arabs themselves, they can even rap with Arabic and ironically the Arabs look upon their Nigerian languages with disdain and contempt.

1 Like

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by lertee(f): 2:42pm On Sep 06, 2013
If poverty is eradicated or alleviated in nigeria,issues of giving out a child to an old man for marriaage would stop.
A man that has the ability to train his daughter through school and as well as provide her basic needs would not be intimidated by a rich man who wants his girl in exchange for money.
The origin of this problem is “poverty” people like yerima are just opportunists.

4 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by kodylicky(f): 2:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
the lagos prof is probably expecting a favor from the senator and i m sure he doesnt know the meaning of VVF hence his reluctance to explain it and he is sooo damnn loud..... anytime he talks i pull out my ear piece.

Senator yerima is .............. i m speechless.. surprised he is one of our law makers with his kind of psych

dis issue just dey vex stella...lol.. i admire her zeal.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by anonimi: 3:00pm On Sep 06, 2013
lertee: If poverty is eradicated or alleviated in nigeria,issues of giving out a child to an old man for marriaage would stop.
A man that has the ability to train his daughter through school and as well as provide her basic needs would not be intimidated by a rich man who wants his girl in exchange for money.
The origin of this problem is “poverty” people like yerima are just opportunists.

He is an opportunist of a poverty situation that he contributed to as two-term governor of Zamfara state.
He continues to contribute to its endurance on the poor people of Nigeria as a SINator who collects multi-millions every month for doing almost nothing while real workers in the same government are paid on the basis of 18k minimum wage.

3 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Heliesha: 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
hmmm i just dey imagine how men go the marry 8 yr old gurls and afta dem don finish with those small girls dem go still go court go ask for divorce,later go marry anoda 11 yr old cus of say she get booby cum divorce am again d small gurls go come dey cry no be for ice cream or biscuit dem go dey cry for d suffer for RELATIONSHIP dem go cry for BEDROOM cry for LABOUR ROOM cum dey cry for KITCHEN AGAIN .abeg help me ansa dis question which of ena go want him sista to experience d pain of motherhood and d psychiological effect of marriage at such age.or wu want make dem born am like dat

2 Likes

Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Heliesha: 3:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
hmmm i just dey imagine how men go the marry 8 yr old gurls and afta dem don finish with those small girls dem go still go court go ask for divorce,later go marry anoda 11 yr old cus of say she get booby cum divorce am again d small gurls go come dey cry no be for ice cream or biscuit dem go dey cry for d suffer for RELATIONSHIP dem go cry for BEDROOM cry for LABOUR ROOM cum dey cry for KITCHEN AGAIN .abeg help me ansa dis question which of ena go want him sista to experience d pain of motherhood and d psychiological effect of marriage at such age.or wu want make dem born am like dat.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by UyiIredia(m): 3:22pm On Sep 06, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Okay.. So you are clearer now;

I am as clear as before, you are the one whose apprehension is clearing up.

Mr Aboki:
You support that under-aged marriage as long as Parental consent is gotten and the girl is Mentally & Physically Mature.. cool

No, I meant it is a possibility below the legal age, hence my statement that people below 18 could (not should) marry.

Mr Aboki:
THE LAW

So according to the constitution of Nigeria, here are some points that we cant argue;

1. The Legal age for one to be declared an Adult is 18yrs. Everybody under 18ys is considered a Minor irrespective of sex..

2. Only adults can enter into a Contract in Nigeria.

3. Marriage is a contract between 2 Adults. With consequences for breaching said contract ranging from Fines to jail time.

5. Slavery of all kind is a crime in Nigeria.

Granted.

Mr Aboki:
My Analysis of your point.

- According to you, a legal minor can get married and be bound by the laws governing marriage in Nigeria as long as her parents give consent. Since she is still a legal Minor, she would be tied into a lifetime contract by the consent of her parents which when looked at under the eyes of the Law becomes slavery..

Can not should. It so happens Yerima actually did it, he is one out of many.

Mr Aboki:
- Discrimination: Since the law frowns upon discrimination, then whats good for the goose is also good for the Gander. Basically meaning according to you o a Male under the age of 18 can also get married as long as he has the consent of his parents and is determined to be mature both mentally & physically. So lets assume two legal minors decide to get married and they get the consent of their parents, according to you, they can marry. BUT! Since they are legally still minors, the contract would be entered into by their parents on their behalf. Now should they breach the terms of the contract, should they be tried as adults or as Minors?! Should the Parents serve the sentence as well on behalf of the minors or should the minors face the consequences themselves?! OR should they be tried as juveniles that they are?!

A male under 18 can get married, doesn't mean he should. There is a difference between possibility, actuality and morality. That said, all you've written therein are of the top of your head, not mine.

Mr Aboki:
- Limitations: Since you are saying that Minors can do what legal Adults can do 'with the backing of their parents', why stop at marriage?! Should a Mentally & physically mature minor of all ages be able to do the following things reserved strictly for adults as well;

Making up more things eh ?

Mr Aboki:
1. Vote.
2. Drive
3. Have consentual sex
4. Run for certain Public offices
5. Go to war
6. Smoke
7. Drink alcohol
e.t.c

They can and have done things in this list, such have been reported on Nairaland. None have undertaken No. 4. save in a limited sense, when Sen. Remi Tinubu ran the governor-for-a-day scheme for kids.

Mr Aboki:
Basically do all things that are open to adults as long as they have 'the consent of their parents' and are mentally and physically mature..

They happen not to ask for consent all the time, though in Yerima's case, the parents were involved.

Mr Aboki:
- Maturity: How do we measure the Maturity level of a Minor? especially the Mental Maturity of a Minor?! Is there a known scale of measurement?! Is this to be done by a Psychiatrist or the parents or is this determined by the Minor?! How do we determine that an 11yr old girl|boy child is mentally & physically mature enough to be married?!

An interesting question. Globally, the accepted age for mental and physical maturity is 18. This is okay by me. I think though there are exceptions of a considerable number wherein minors of both sexes mature in one or more aspects as we have seen in the 11 year old Quantum Physics undergrad and the minor reported to have given birth to a number of kids. A number of metrics used could fail, if we say one must talk of financial independence, there are minors who otherwise fend for theirselves, if we say physical appearance it's all to obvious looks and speech can decieve, if we use emotional intelligence, I opine adults have an advantage but then, there are kids who without the shelter of the normal home have grown to be as or more emotional intelligent than their elders. That said, the age globally used considers all factors and I repeat, is okay.

Mr Aboki:
#I'm just curious o...

I see.

Mr Aboki:
Abokis... Keeping Nigerian shoes shiny since 1822

undecided
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by kpolli(m): 3:37pm On Sep 06, 2013
Why do they keep embarrassing this LASU lecturer? Not fair!!!! Let him talk!!!
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by samm(m): 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
Why is this being argued only in the court of public opinion? Does it mean that the Federal Republic of Nigeria has accepted that this is legal? Where is the attorney general of the Federal republic of Nigeria?

We are arguing about the constitution on TV, nairaland, twitter, Facebook when we have offices appointed to clarify all laws. So when the dust settles....then what?
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by ddeola: 3:43pm On Sep 06, 2013
There's no need flogging the issue. This is one of the reasons Nigeria is not making progress despite the great blessings that God has endowed our nation with. And that is why northern Nigeria is backward in every ramification compared to the south. As for the shameless senator and his supporters, they are "pedos" and posterity will judge them. I wish they can give honest answers to the following questions:
1. What are the duties of parents to their children?
2. Does it include marrying them off at a tender age?
3. Is a girl under the age of 18 really matured enough for child-bearing?
4. Are they concerned about the education of these girls?
5. Do they even think that there is a future ahead of these girls?
6. Is marriage the ultimate achievement for any girl child?
7. Do they have right to dream or have ambitions?
8. Is marriage and child-bearing all what we should expect from the girl child?
9. Does God really have a purpose for the lives of these girls coming into the world?
Human-kind will never experience justice until we do justice between the "sexes" . If I sight Yerima near my house....I will scatter his 3 legs with bu**ets because my daughters have a lot to offer their generation and the whole world in general
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Mustay(m): 3:50pm On Sep 06, 2013
Whiskeyboiler: of them all the Lawyer( Islamic scholar) was most intelligent and focused in his argument. He was not swayed by sentiments. Stella it was obvious, was a bit confused and sentimental . Though she has an arguable point that bothered on the danger of child marriage, she allowed her disdain for Yerima overcome her. Yerima was matured by refusing to be provoked by Stella even though her hardly did justice to the topic. It was obvious that the Senator uses religion to cover up his immoral attitude. As for the Lagos "Prof" he was just a side show. One found it difficult to believe he is actually a professor. Not even an ordinary member of the road transport workers union will argue the way he did. He was pointless and totally clueless. An utter disgrace to whatever he represents. Who invited him to the debate in the first place?

Methinks the disdain for Yerima has beclouded some people's judgement. Some are even saying he's less educated ( Yerima has a Masters in Economics), he married an Egyptian girl (which he has denied) etc. From some comments I have read here, arguing is just a waste of time. The thing with a lot of us is joining an unnecessary bandwagon instead of reading and researching issues critically. This man is not a foolish man, until we chill come analyse the issues in perspective, the hate on him will just be a waste of emotions.
Re: Stella Damasus And Senator Yerima On Al-jazeera Network THE STREAM by Sagamite(m): 4:08pm On Sep 06, 2013
abdulkayus:
heyyyyyy dude. Slow down wit ur clueless bigoted and hatred ranting.
Have u taken ur drugs 2day?

You are a person!

What is bigoted and hatred about not being interested in brainwashing or a religion?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Independence Day Celebration In Mubi, Adamawa In Pictures / Behold, Nigeria's New Police Uniform - See Pix / Okowa Commissions A Mega Filling Station In Asaba (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.