Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,844 members, 7,956,170 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:43 AM

Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies (13183 Views)

Northern Elders Write Buhari "2016 Budget Not Favourable To The North / FG Attributes Computer Crash To Delayed Salaries / Open Letter To Jonathan: Asari Dokubo Replies Obasanjo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by Nobody: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2013
#80million:
Were u expecting him to say something contrary?

Help me ask em!
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by PastorKun(m): 7:54am On Sep 07, 2013
Actually Dangote's quantum leap to become one of the richest men in the world is owed to OBJ's regime/policies. The two main policies being the cement backward integration policy which dangote took advantage of and the banking consolidation which enabled Nigerian banks to finance big ticket transactions. Thankfully though GEJ has retained and is now expanding on those policies of empowering the Nigerian private sector and stimulating local production. Thumbs up to OBJ and GEJ smiley

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by taharqa: 8:13am On Sep 07, 2013
rusher14:
Please can you prove your assertion that Nigeria has enjoyed the greatest FDi in Africa in the past 2 years?
Though i'm quite busy, a quick check of this fact appears rather contrary with Angola appearing to benefit the greatest within the African continent from FDI as reported by KPMG.

Source: http://www.blog.kpmgafrica.com/overview-of-foreign-direct-investment-in-africa/
Where does this article say Angola attracted more FDI than Nigeria? Why didn't you just go to Google and find d answer to d question you asked... Anyways, Nigeria since 2011 hv had d Largest FDI in Africa and by a large margin. Since you are lazy to search yourself, I will post d links later today when I get to my Computer
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by taharqa: 8:20am On Sep 07, 2013
ilebaami: Goodluck Jonathan assembled a Nigerian 1st eleven squad that includes Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Shamsudeen Usman, Dr. Akinwunmi Ayo Adesina, Mrs. Hadiza Ibrahim Mailafa, Mrs. Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi ,Olusegun Aganga, Amb. Olugbenga Ashiru, Prof. Chinedu Osita Nebo, Mrs. Deizani Alison-Madueke a a host of smart brains to complement his intellectual insight. Not to forget two quiet wiz-kids at the power privatisation revolution called Atedo Peterside and Bekinbo Dagogo-Jack. You ain't seen nothing yet! Testimony galore!
Great Post.... The two chaps highlighted are two very Competent peeps who have done some incredible job in d Privatisation programme, esp that of PHCN.. They deserve to be better known

1 Like

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by Nattydonatus(m): 8:20am On Sep 07, 2013
desgiezd: All na politics. He has to align for business reasons.
.for your mind ? Frustration at its peak ! You wanted to see a beef on the president but oh !, it failed you. Check the other thread, maybe you can find it there. Hater !!!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by taharqa: 8:28am On Sep 07, 2013
awodman: I can see some people trying to say that it was IMPORT WAIVERS granted Dangote that made him so...sorry dangote is an industrialist...Let me help out with some of the verifiable GEJ's govt has introduced and pursued that has helped Dangote and other industrialists

1) Dangote cement and other cement manufacturing firms benefited massively from the BACKWARD INTEGRATION POLICY on cement which was pursued aggresively by the current minister of Investment Aganga
And we know cement is the major drive of Dangote companies
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/07/fg-explains-high-price-of-cement/

2) Because of a CBN INTERVENTION POLICY and the current drive in agriculture led by ADESINA,Dangote is setting a tomato paste processing industry in kano
mobile.bloomberg.com/news/2013-06-30/africa-s-richest-man-vies-with-china-in-nigeria-tomatoes.html

3) Dangote because of the current NATIONAL SUGAR MASTERPLAN and the BACKWARD INTEGRATION POLICY which was initiated by AGANGA and is been pursued aggresively is setting a sugar plantation and sugar processing plants in Adamawa and kwara

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/imported-sugar-deploying-backward-integration-against-nigeria-s-addiction/156592/

www.vanguardngr.com/2013/05/dangote-plans-n200bn-sugar-factories-in-sokoto-kebbi-states-2/

Allow d FOOOLS to be arguing brindly and in Desperation... This news shld be d least of their worries. More is coming asap..
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by Urine: 8:28am On Sep 07, 2013
Shine It: The biggest doublespeak in history.

When Dangote sited his refinery in Ondo state all the Yorubas were clapping for him. They were calling him the businessman of the decade, all accolades were lavished on him.

Fast forward to today when the Yorubas realised there would not have been any refinary in Ondo if not for GEJ's policies.
Now we are all to start believing Dangote was given preferential treatment, that he needed to say this etc.

I got news for the Yorubas, if you can't make it now, you will probably never make it.

This is why Igbos have taken Lagos from you, the Ijaws want Ondo, the Hausas recently kicked you lot in Ogun and the Fulanis have claimed Kwara.

I think this is a bad time to be called a Yoruba man.

I hereby move a motion to ban dumb people from using internet enabled devices.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by Nattydonatus(m): 8:31am On Sep 07, 2013
Urine:

I hereby move a motion to ban dumb people from using internet enabled devices.
.. Between you and him, who is dumber ? Yours runs in your veins

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by ogahope(m): 8:32am On Sep 07, 2013
Dangote is 100% rit. Cos dis administration is pose to stabiliin our economy by reducin importation nd encouragin made in Nig. Goods nd also diversifyin our economy frm d crude oil only.... Luk @ textile nd garment revampin.... It wil tal tym our power sector wil b stabilized. D fresh air is gettin fresher....

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by vinkela(m): 8:40am On Sep 07, 2013
Lordave: Is this coming from a Northerner?
typical nigeria, SO ETHNIC MINDED
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by awodman: 8:42am On Sep 07, 2013
hybee_noni: If truly Jonathan's policy favours busineses in Nigeria, hw comes manufacturin companies keeps foldin up in Nigeria; rememba d likes of Michelin,Textiles companies...
Y du companies nw prefer shiftin dere manufacturin base to ghana nd sendin dere products to Nigeria? How comes its only d likes of dangote's alone dt kp smilin to d bank, I'm sure he nt d only smartest biz man in Nigeria. Du u cal favourin sm selectd few a gud biz policy?
I'm sure it doesn't happen lik dis in emergin economies of d world
Did Michelin and textile companies pack up during jonathan's tenure?...Jonathan has done enough to bring the textile industries to life..read here
www.nairaland.com/1422905/52-textile-companies-reopens-after

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by telexfree1: 8:45am On Sep 07, 2013
software man:
Complete hogwash. Dangote started expansion into manufacturing several years ago it is a big lie to attribute any significant FDI directly to the Jonathan administration policy. Most of industries expanding currently has their expansionpexpansion programs in place for years and the policy of the Jonathan administration has nothing to do with it. What Jonathan apologist are now doing is to attribute every economic progress in the private sector-most of which would have taken place AGIP- to jonathan.

This to me is desperation . A government is usually assessed the capacity to provide enabling environment for small and medium size companies to thrive. This usually achieved through the right micro and macro economic policies.
When you consider the state of infrastructures, in flation , interest rates, cost of doing business, were we better off or worse than we were three years ago.? This clinging to imaginary achievements that has not impacted on any one life has beent the usual swan song of the last 14 years of PDP misrule.

Yu obviously have no idea there was a global economic recession in 2008 which affected Nigeria as well. Look at you making comparisons to three years ago. Why don't you ask the average American the same question ? Most of the world's economies have not recovered from the massive job losses and credit crunch. Or you think Nigeria was completely insulated from global happenings ? An international businessman is talking and you sitting are here trying to post some high school business studies analysis.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by awodman: 8:46am On Sep 07, 2013
awodman:
“Apart from having the banks recapitalised, when there
were issues in the banks, Mr President came in and
empowered the banks and we now have very strong
banks.

The $3.3 billion that we raised, over 90 per cent of the
money was from the Nigerian Banks and some of them at
low rate. It is from the banks’ dollar reserves that they
gave us $2.8 billion out of the $3.3 billion at 6 per cent
interest rate. Really, Mr President, you have done quite a
lot because, before now, I remember when we built the
cement plant that we are talking about. At a point, we
actually borrowed money and we were paying 42 per cent interest rate.

“From 2004 to 2006, by the time we finished the factory,
on interest rate alone, we paid $210 million. So, this is
something that this government had done which really we need to come out and tell the people that this is what our government is doing,’’ he said.

Dangote, who said the President had also approved some
backward integration policies for sugar, rice, cassava and
palm oil, added that his conglomerate is investing $2
billion on sugar manufacturing in the country which will
generate about 750,000 job opportunities

www.thisdaylive.com/articles/dangote-our-corporation-is-now-worth-21bn/158403/

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by enm(m): 8:47am On Sep 07, 2013
hybee_noni: If truly Jonathan's policy favours busineses in Nigeria, hw comes manufacturin companies keeps foldin up in Nigeria; rememba d likes of Michelin,Textiles companies...
Y du companies nw prefer shiftin dere manufacturin base to ghana nd sendin dere products to Nigeria? How comes its only d likes of dangote's alone dt kp smilin to d bank, I'm sure he nt d only smartest biz man in Nigeria. Du u cal favourin sm selectd few a gud biz policy?

Please that was in the past before GEJ administration. please be properly informed before making any comment.

To those of you saying GEj has done nothing to warrant praise should please desist from it. yes there is still a lot to be done but time is needed, so we should continue to be patience and watchful so as to keep them on their toes.

Let us not be in a hurry and use our own hands and mouth to destroy things and regret later.

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by softwareman(m): 8:58am On Sep 07, 2013
ilebaami: Goodluck Jonathan assembled a Nigerian 1st eleven squad that includes Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, Shamsudeen Usman, Dr. Akinwunmi Ayo Adesina, Mrs. Hadiza Ibrahim Mailafa, Mrs. Stella Oduah-Ogiemwonyi ,Olusegun Aganga, Amb. Olugbenga Ashiru, Prof. Chinedu Osita Nebo, Mrs. Deizani Alison-Madueke a a host of smart brains to complement his intellectual insight. Not to forget two quiet wiz-kids at the power privatisation revolution called Atedo Peterside and Bekinbo Dagogo-Jack. You ain't seen nothing yet! Testimony galore!
Obj too assembled a so called first eleven team including the same ngozi nweala and many, many more. They said after payingo off the country's debt we should expect a great sustained economic growth of low inflation and interest rates andd high employment.
Now we have the foreign reserve squandered, higher inflation, higher interest rate, higher unemployment, worse state of infrastructure. On top they have piled up the debts again Even worse.!

It is really testimony galore. Testimony of lies and propaganda galore!!
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by taharqa: 9:06am On Sep 07, 2013
Y du companies nw prefer shiftin dere manufacturin base to ghana nd sendin dere products to Nigeria
? How comes its only d likes of dangote's alone dt kp smilin to d bank, I'm sure he nt d only smartest biz man in Nigeria. Du u cal favourin sm selectd few a gud biz policy?
You see yourself now?? Which Century are you living in, Bros? Can you name one Cop that has closed shop here in Nigeria and relocated to Ghana in d last 2-3 yrs? Abi, you don't know when GEJ became President? Did you not hear that PZ 3 weeks ago decided to close their factory in Ghana and instead expand their operations in Nigeria, making Nigeria their WA base? Why do you think sm Global Cops, like GE, are making Nigeria their Manufacturing base in Africa in stead of running to places like SA like they normally do? You also hv not heard that d Textile Industry is now bn revived after years of bn comatosed with 52 of them re-opening in d last 2 years and new ones getting ready to do so?.... Don't you think you need to do a lot of Updating b4 opening yr mouth in public??

5 Likes

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by softwareman(m): 9:08am On Sep 07, 2013
enm:

Please that was in the past before GEJ administration. please be properly informed before making any comment.

To those of you saying GEj has done nothing to warrant praise should please desist from it. yes there is still a lot to be done but time is needed, so we should continue to be patience and watchful so as to keep them on their toes.

Let us not be in a hurry and use our own hands and mouth to destroy things and regret later.

The past ? Are you saying the latest figures from MAN for 2012 is in the past? Specifically what economic policy is jonathan implementing differently from the one implemented under obj by the same ngozi nweala?
You Jonathan supporters should stop deceiving yourselves there is virtually no diffrence between the policies obj implemented between 2003 to 2007 and the same copycat economic policies of the Jonathan government.

It is a policy of promises and contrary results!
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by ballabriggs: 9:09am On Sep 07, 2013
Was his sugar refinery also under Abacha also as a result of Abacha's favourable policy?

The purchase of Obajana, Bacita and the port concession under OBJ's favourable policy?

Of course, favourable policy to him. However, that is not how we assess a macro-economy.

We look at a macro-economy in terms of wealth distribution among the component units and not one man Dangote.
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by ballabriggs: 9:16am On Sep 07, 2013
taharqa: Where does this article say Angola attracted more FDI than Nigeria? Why didn't you just go to Google and find d answer to d question you asked... Anyways, Nigeria since 2011 hv had d Largest FDI in Africa and by a large margin. Since you are lazy to search yourself, I will post d links later today when I get to my Computer

What is the big deal about Nigeria's FDI inflows?

Firstly, Nigeria in the last year on a per capita basis got less FDI inflows than Ghana.

Secondly, Africa as a whole has an agonisingly low percentage of global FDI inflows. To make noise about biggest in Africa is to say you are the king of mediocrity.

Thirdly, these inflows in most of the economic literature on FDI and growth in Nigeria have a very insignificant impact on growth.

So please shut it.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by Diamondwriter(m): 9:16am On Sep 07, 2013
hardywaltz: I am pretty sure he said the same thing to OBJ and Yara'dua, he will still say the same thing to Atiku if he becomes President 2moro.
he didnt
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by taharqa: 9:21am On Sep 07, 2013
software man:
Obj too assembled a so called first eleven team including the same ngozi nweala and many, many more. They said after payingo off the country's debt we should expect a great sustained economic growth of low inflation and interest rates andd high employment.
Now we have the foreign reserve squandered, higher inflation, higher interest rate, higher unemployment, worse state of infrastructure. On top they have piled up the debts again Even worse.!

It is really testimony galore. Testimony of lies and propaganda galore!!
Oh, so d Reserves 'has bn squandered'? We now have 'higher interest rate'? A 'higher inflation rate'? A 'higher employment rate' (okay, you may be right here i think)? A 'worse State Infrastructure'?? Abi?that is yr story?
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by softwareman(m): 9:23am On Sep 07, 2013
telexfree1:

Yu obviously have no idea there was a global economic recession in 2008 which affected Nigeria as well. Look at you making comparisons to three years ago. Why don't you ask the average American the same question ? Most of the world's economies have not recovered from the massive job losses and credit crunch. Or you think Nigeria was completely insulated from global happenings ? An international businessman is talking and you sitting are here trying to post some high school business studies analysis.
Let me understand you. The abysmal economic performance of this government is due to the global economic recession of 2008? Are you kidding me? Are you this naive?
That international businessman would say the same thing to any president. He probably said same things to obj several times.
are you this naive?
By the way, why don't you offer your own kindergarten analysis if you if feel my stating economic facts and figures is high school business studies analysis.
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by softwareman(m): 9:25am On Sep 07, 2013
taharqa: Oh, so d Reserves 'has bn squandered'? We now have 'higher interest rate'? A 'higher inflation rate'? A 'higher employment rate' (okay, you may be right here i think)? A 'worse State Infrastructure'?? Abi?that is yr story?
It is reality on ground except of course, you jonathanians live in a diffrent country from the rest of us!

1 Like

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by taharqa: 9:27am On Sep 07, 2013
ballabriggs:

Firstly, Nigeria in the last year on a per capita basis got less FDI inflows than Ghana.

Secondly, Africa as a whole has an agonisingly low percentage of global FDI inflows. To make noise about biggest in Africa is to say you are the king of mediocrity.

Thirdly, these inflows in most of the economic literature on FDI and growth in Nigeria have a very insignificant impact on growth.

So please shut it.
Oh, FDI per capital angle abi?? Maybe you hv to explain that to d Chinese you CLOWN... And did you just ask what 'd big deal is in FDI flow to Nigeria'??... Africa had more than #50bn FDI inflow last year, one of d only regions in d world where it increased; if that is 'an agonishingly low flow' then you hv to have yr head Checked, fast..
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by taharqa: 9:29am On Sep 07, 2013
software man:
It is reality on ground except of course, you jonathanians live in a diffrent country from the rest of us!
SHUT ya mouth tha and prove d above points you made to me..
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by softwareman(m): 9:32am On Sep 07, 2013
ballabriggs:

So please shut it.

Thanks bro. but we are probably wasteing our time with these jonathanians. They seems to inhabit there own land of fantasyw where they concoct all sort of achievements for a low performing government and president. The way they are going they will soon ascribe the growth of pentecoastal churches to Jonathan!
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by ballabriggs: 9:35am On Sep 07, 2013
software man:

lol leave the mugu let him keep deceiving himself. You see, the World knows these things and it is a very sad thing for us .
When you discuss with a lot of scholars outside Nigeria and you reel out data from Nigeria, the first thing they tell you is the quality of data.

So they can go all around reeling some imaginary growth percentages.

The majority of Nigerians continue to live below the poverty line, Nigeria remains a low global competitive country, one of the worst HDI percentages in the world. These are the hings that matter to us.

Walking on the streets of Nigeria will give you an idea of these things.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by taharqa: 9:36am On Sep 07, 2013
ballabriggs: Was his sugar refinery also under Abacha also as a result of Abacha's favourable policy?

The purchase of Obajana, Bacita and the port concession under OBJ's favourable policy?

Of course, favourable policy to him. However, that is not how we assess a macro-economy.

We look at a macro-economy in terms of wealth distribution among the component units and not one man Dangote.
Clown, Dangote just mentioned d BACKWARD INTEGRATION policies, across d entire value chain, currently going on in the Sugar, Cassava, Palm Oil, Tomatoes, Cotton, Rice, Fertilizer, etc- areas that he and very many others are massively investing in? These things are just happening by themselves, right? That is yr story..
Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by ballabriggs: 9:40am On Sep 07, 2013
software man:

Thanks bro. but we are probably wasteing our time with these jonathanians. They seems to inhabit there own land of fantasyw where they concoct all sort of achievements for a low performing government and president. The way they are going they will soon ascribe the growth of pentecoastal churches to Jonathan!

You see when you have not achieved anything whilst also raising fuel taxes by almost 50%, when a lot of people place their hope on you and you turn out useless, you take on lying, it is a no-brainer.

This is what you see daily with this government. It cannot give account genuinely to those who have placed a lot of hope on it and then it takes on lying for support. But we are not deceived, we have seen similar trash.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by ballabriggs: 9:41am On Sep 07, 2013
taharqa: Clown, Dangote just mentioned d BACKWARD INTEGRATION policies, across d entire value chain, currently going on in the Sugar, Cassava, Palm Oil, Tomatoes, Cotton, Rice, Fertilizer, etc- areas that he and very many others are massively investing in? These things are just happening by themselves, right? That is yr story..

What did you just say, I see you are having problems with comprehension. Is that the criteria for being employed by Oronto?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Attributes Success To Jonathan’s ‘favourable’ Policies by softwareman(m): 9:46am On Sep 07, 2013
taharqa: Oh, FDI per capital angle abi?? Maybe you hv to explain that to d Chinese you CLOWN... And did you just ask what 'd big deal is in FDI flow to Nigeria'??... Africa had more than #50bn FDI inflow last year, one of d only regions in d world where it increased; if that is 'an agonishingly low flow' then you hv to have yr head Checked, fast..
You are getting it twisted. His point is this thing has nothing to do with the Jonathan's government. They were simply implementations of business expansion plans made several years ago. Is'NT it funny? if you want to ascribe every good event during Jonathan 's tenure to him why do you want to excuse every bad thing from him?

To me it is pathetic and ridiculous that you want to give him credit for things he did not contribute directly to while you will excuse him from the several disasters he was responsible for!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Buhari’s Government Has Not Retrenched A Single Worker Since 2015 – Lai Mohammed / Suspected Herdsmen Kill Five In Delta, Ravage Crops In Anambra / I’ll Fulfil My Promise To Restructure Nigeria – Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.