Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,083 members, 7,835,653 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

The Silent Lover - Literature (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Silent Lover (94906 Views)

Bloodline........Prologue / The Company;The Silent Battle / The Cyber Lover (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Silent Lover by fateemah88(f): 4:25pm On Nov 05, 2013
Sowie i didnt comment yestaday,MTN was givin me headache.Ur update wax too much i like your point about the hijab because am also a luver of the hijab,i feel free weneva i wear it. tnxz alot,extent my gritins to basheer nd ur hubby
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 4:38pm On Nov 05, 2013
j-gatherer:
This is more than just a story !
God Bless you

Ameen grin
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 4:47pm On Nov 05, 2013
“Our today’s class is about the secrets of a successful marriage.” She told them as they all stood at their places to greet her with respect.

“Please, be seated dear students.” She told them in a pleasant voice. As usual, she was gracefully covered from head to toe, wearing a royal blue Abaaya and light blue scarf with only her big, black eyes visible, shadowed by long, curved lashes.

“But, first of all,” She began in her typical feminine voice. “I want all of you to note our school’s official website’s address.”

“Yes, please?” A front row student asked curiously.

“It’s http://www.ahischool.org.“ She told them and then for their convenience, she wrote it on the Classroom’s board as well. “Although our web is still under construction but hopefully with the help of Allah, we’ll be able to launch it soon.”

“Alright, now back to our present topic.” She turned back to face her students once again as they finished writing the web address into her notebooks.

“Madam, if I’m not forgetting you have selected the same topic for your research too, right?” This time it was Deeba who asked the question.

“You mean marriage?” Hijaab asked and on Deeba’s affirmative nod, she said, “Well, a kind of, you can say. But I’m actually doing research on Islamic philosophy of love. Both topics are co-related, though.”

“So,” She began her lecture in her pleasantly calm voice. “Here’re some simple rules to follow.”

“Be your spouse's friend.” As she spoke, Deeba noticed her big dark eyes growing even bigger above that blue scarf that covered her face. “Show interest in your mate's life. Never be emotionally, mentally, or physically abusive to your spouse. Show affection for your mate. Be kind, gentle, and loving.”

“But Madam, don’t we all make mistakes?” This time it was a teenage girl’s voice from the middle rows.

“Yes, we all do,” Hijaab nodded and went on. “But, when you make a mistake, admit it. When your mate makes a mistake, excuse him easily. If possible, never go to sleep angry at each other. Many of us treat our spouses in ways that we would never treat others. With others, we try to be polite, kind, and patient. With our spouses, we often do not show these courtesies.”

“What are the requirements of an essentially good marriage, Madam?” A girl in her early twenties, wearing a big black veil around her hair and body, asked in a low voice.

“Well, Zainab.” She sighed and then continued her lecture. “Good marriages require patience, kindness, humility, sacrifice, empathy, love, understanding, forgiveness, and hard work. Following these principles should help any marriage to improve.”

“But these are so many things?” Another girl exclaimed, confused.

“No, that’s simple.” Hijaab turned to look at her and disagreed sweetly. “The essence of them all can be summed up in one sentence: Always treat your spouse the way you would like to be treated. If you follow this rule, your marriage will have a much greater chance for success. If you discard this rule, failure is just around the corner.”

As she addressed them sensationally, Deeba sat there silently, totally mesmerized by the beauty of her teacher’s speech, the wonderful choice of her words and her way to express herself so effectively.

“My dear girls, the beauty of life does not depend on how happy you are, but on how happy others can be, because of you.” She was telling them in her soft, gentle voice.

“Madam, what’s the importance of trust in married life?”

“Sakina, that’s the most important question.” She turned her face toward the girl who asked the question. “Trust is the basis and foundation of respect which ultimately forms the love. But trust is like virginity. You lose it once and that's it.”

“Remember the five simple rules to be happy: Free your hearts from hatred, free your mind from worries, live simply give more, expect less.”

“Madam, what is infatuation?” Deeba asked suddenly, biting her lips in frustration.

On her sudden question, there was some laughter and giggling sounds here and there in the class.

“No, no.” Hijaab shook her head. “Don’t laugh. Everyone’s free to ask whatever she wants. That’s what Islam teaches us.”

She then smiled and answered Deeba’s question. “If you ‘love’ someone because you think that he or she is really gorgeous, then it's not love, it's Infatuation. Or to be more simple, infatuation is based upon the ‘looks’ and comes just because of physical attraction.”

“And what’s the difference between compromise and love, Madam?” Seeing her patient response, another young girl gained courage. “I mean, people say most arranged marriages continue not because of the mutual love but because of ‘compromise’.”

“Well, Bina,” Hijaab said. “If you love someone because you think that you shouldn't leave him because others think that you shouldn't ... then it's not love, its compromise.”

“Wow, so true,” Deeba murmured breathlessly, she was completely lost in the beauty of Hijaab’s voice and words.

“Also.” Hijaab was not finished yet. “If you love someone because you cannot leave him thinking that it would hurt his feelings, then it's not love. It’s charity.” She added in the same effective voice and pleasant tone.

“Oh, I really must be going now.” She exclaimed as she glanced at her wristwatch. “Lecture time is already over.”

“Thank you so much, Madam.” The girls thanked her simultaneously, their eyes glistening with respect and love for their favourite teacher.

“But, before I leave, here’s a simple, short but nice poem for all of you.” Hijaab said sweetly as she brought out a piece of paper from her Abaaya’s pocket and then began to read it in her typical, slow, soft and soothing voice, warming their hearts.

Don't say you're not important,
It simply isn't true.
The fact that you were born,
Is proof, God has a plan for you.

The path may seem unclear right now,
But one day you will see
That all that came before,
Was truly meant to be.

God wrote the book that is your life,
That's all you need to know.
Each day that you are living,
Was written long ago.

God only writes best sellers,
So be proud of who you are,
Your character is important,
In this book you are the "Star".

Enjoy the novel as it reads,
It will stand throughout the ages,
Savour each chapter as you go,
Taking time to turn the pages.

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 4:49pm On Nov 05, 2013
“Madam?”

Hijaab heard a sweet feminine voice, as she picked up her shoulder bag, gathered her books and got up to leave.

“Deeba?” Her eyes broadened with an expression of familiarity as she hugged her genius student affectionately.

“Umm, well I suppose you were leaving?” Deeba questioned.

“Yes I was, but if you have anything to discuss we can talk.” Hijaab’s attitude was as gentle and co-operative as ever.

“Hmm, just few things.” Deeba said softly. “Only if you don’t mind.”

“Alright, sit down then.” Hijaab motioned her to sit on the chair opposite to her as she herself sat again on her chair.

“Madam, I must say your today’s lecture about love and married life was excellent.” Deeba said with true appreciation in her eyes.

“Well, thank you.”

“I was wondering…” Deeba said hesitatingly, took a brief pause and then resumed her sentence. “If you had some personal experiences…”

“Look Deeba,” Hijaab interrupted gently. “Many girls have asked me the same question many times. But I don’t intend to discuss my personal life with anyone ever.”

“I understand,” Deeba showed her concern. “But it’s just that you’re always so mysterious and silent. No one knows who and what you’re outside that classroom of yours.”

“I think there’s no need for that.” Hijaab replied evenly. “The relation between us is of a student and teacher.”

“OK. I won’t insist.” Deeba tried to smile. “But at least you could tell me from where you developed all these interests for religion, speech and teaching.”

“I’ve this interest since my childhood.” Hijaab reasoned.

“Sounds like you had a great childhood.”

Hijaab gazed off and focused her eyes on the distant forms of student girls chatting and talking. She then dabbed away the first of her tears and shook her head vigorously.

“Yes, I had.” She answered, lifting her tear-filled eyes. “A great childhood.”

Deeba heard the deep pain in her voice. She reached and laid her hand over hers.

“Have you been hurt a lot?”

A silence fell between them.

Deeba cleared her throat, and said. “You’ve never said and I’ve never asked, but as a friend and as your student who cares deeply for you, I’d like to know what happened to you.”

Hijaab shook her head and said, “I don’t think it’s any of your business.” And then, not pausing for a reply, she said in a hard, straightforward tone. “I’ve already told you, I don’t want to discuss anything of my private life with anyone.”

“I’m sorry Madam,” Deeba murmured sympathetically. “It’s just that we like you so much and it’s natural when we want to know more about you.”

“I understand.” Hijaab responded in a small voice. “But it’s my final word on the subject.”

Hijaab braced herself against the table and fought off a shiver.

Deeba sucked in deep breath before plunging on. “Forget I asked.”

“Yes, I forgot it. But you forget it too.” Hijaab gave her a sad smile.

“Ah, don’t worry, I just did.” Deeba laughed huskily and then said,

“Madam, there’s someone I want you to meet.”

“Who?”

“You can say he is a man I really respect and care for.” Deeba said and then added,

“Madam, his life has never been perfect.” She told her half-heartedly. “There have been so many ups and downs, twists and turns, sorrows, and pains.”

Hijaab leaned back in her chair; one leg crossed over the other, looking quite tired, her eyes were half lidded, hiding the black underneath, shading them.

“Then tell him that, if you could wish for your life to be perfect, it would be tempting, but you’d have to decline, for life would no longer teach you anything.” She said evenly and smoothly.

“Not all men are like him, you know.” Deeba gave her opinion.

Hijaab took a long breath and forced a smile, determined to lighten the mood.

“Miss, trust me, he is so nice. He’s such a wonderful man. He’s just like you.”

“I see,” Hijaab nodded slowly, observing the younger girl’s face closely. She had no interest in this topic but the last thing she wanted do was to disappoint this nice and cute girl.

“I just want you to meet him, only once. Just one time, Madam, please?”

“Look Deeba, I understand what you mean, but first of all, you don’t know who I’m. I don’t really know who he is. We both are strangers.”

“Objection granted.” Deeba giggled. “I’ll be there, you two won’t be alone.”

“I’m sorry Deeba, I just can’t do it.” She shook her head straightforwardly.

“Miss.” Deeba said dejectedly. “Miss, your act can save a person’s life. You can give him a new hope to survive. He is so dejected, so disappointed from the life and this world. All he’s seen is pain and disillusionment. I’m sure even our faith would reward us for doing such a good thing.”

Hijaab looked as if she wanted to say more, but didn’t.

“Respected madam you are not forgetting that famous verse of holy Quran which says, ‘and who saved the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all Mankind’.” Deeba tried her last effort and it didn’t go wasted.

“Alright.” Hijaab took a long steadying breath. “I’d think about it.”

“There’s one more request Miss, only if you don’t mind.” Deeba requested, almost pleading.

“And what’s that?”

“I want to see your face.” Deeba announced emotionally. “And please, don’t say no.”

“Well, no…It’s…”

“I beg you Madam. Just only one time…I won’t ever ask again. Just show me your face, please?”

Shaking her head, Hijaab was going to say something but Deeba didn’t give her chance.

“Miss, I remember once you yourself said that each and every act of ours should be in accordance of our faith and beliefs. Our measures for personal profit and loss should be based on what Islam orders us to do.” Deeba argued, gazing deeply at her teacher’s face.

“Yes, I said that.” Hijaab replied after a short pause, lost in her deep thoughts.

“Then I can prove that what I’m asking you to do is perfectly normal and allowed within the circle fixed by our great religion.” Deeba gave her genuine point of view. “We are all girls here. Our religion doesn’t ask you to cover your hair in front of the same sex. We are all alike, no harm. Then why do you object?”

“But Deeba, I never showed my face to anyone here.” She gave Deeba an angry look.

“Well, there’s always a first time for everything.” Deeba was not going to give an inch. She was expert in her stubbornness, having determination and strength to shake even the strongest pillars like Aariz Ali. And last but not least, Deeba had solid grounds for what she wanted. It all did make sense. There was no religious reason for denying a simple wish of an innocent girl.

“Alright, follow me.” With a sigh, Hijaab came to stand on her feet and motioned Deeba to follow her toward her personal office.

Deeba followed her with heavily trembling feet and intensely throbbing heart. She couldn’t believe it was going to happen.

“You wanted to see, now look.” Hijaab said and then, slowly, almost like in a slow motion, her left hand reached up, and gently, very gently, she unhooked the piece of covering that hid her face.

Deeba was completely lost in her beauty as she stared at her teacher’s face.

Her teacher sure had that ‘Merry-like-holiness’, a face that could remind you about offering the prayers. Her complexion was whitish; her skin was freckle-less, decorated naturally and perfectly by clean line of her high cheekbones and her pert, straight nose. The only jewellery she wore was a medium sized thin ring of silver attached delicately with her left nostril.

“Oh yes, she must wear Hijaab. Dirty eyes shall not pollute such an innocent personality.” Deeba murmured silently to herself.

“Happy now?” Hijaab raised her brows.

“Yes, and satisfied too.” Deeba nodded happily. “Not a single aspect of yours has disappointed me ever, even your ‘looks’.”

“Shall we go now?” Hijaab asked at last, covering her face again.

“Sure, and thanks so much.” Deeba gave her a light peck on the cheek.

“And don’t forget about your other promise?”

“Which one?” Hijaab asked, stopping at her place to look at her.

“About meeting that poor man who needs help and support.” Deeba looked into her eyes with hope and expectation.

“Wel I didn’t promise. But I’ll let you know when I’m free and then we’ll both visit him and I’ll see if I could do something about him, alright?”

Deeba smiled satisfactorily and nodded as she followed her teacher toward school’s lawn.

“Oh yes!” She thought silently. “You can definitely do something about him.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 4:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
“Is he really poor?” Hijaab asked, as they both got into Deeba’s car and drove to an unknown place.

It was an exquisite day. The air was still cool but with a promising hint of warmth for the afternoon. The sunlight was brilliant.

“Yes he is.” Deeba gave her sideway glance as she drove. “But you can make him wealthy.”

“But,” Hijaab shook her head. “I don’t have that much money.”

“I’d help you in that.” Deeba smiled softly. “Don’t worry about that.”

Hijaab threw one last look at her and then shrugged her shoulders. She had no idea what Deeba wanted from her now.

Aariz stood before the large bay window that overlooked the sea, his mind troubled. He had no idea why Maulana uncle had called him at his place so early in the morning. At first he was worried, thinking if there was something wrong with him. But when he had at arrived at his place, Maulana uncle told him that everything was all right and they just had to meet someone.

The bright sunlight glinted off metal for an instance as a car travelled down the tree-lined drive on the far side of the beach.

Nodding to himself, Aariz felt some of the pressure lift from his thoughts as he recognized Deeba's car as it turned into the flow of traffic on the main road.

From the corner of his eye, he saw Deeba was not alone, there was some other woman too who sat beside her in the car.

After few seconds, he saw Deeba’s lips moving, she was telling something to other woman which he couldn’t hear because of the obvious distance.

“He needs love Madam, and only you can give him that.”

“WHAT?” Hijaab broke in sharply. “You’ve no idea what’re you talking about.”

“I do know very well what I’m talking about.” Deeba bit her lips, her eyes pleading. “Believe me Miss. Hijaab, no one will ever love you as much as he will.”

“Are you in your senses?” Hijaab turned her face away from her. “I should have told you this earlier that there is someone else in my life. I can’t let any other man enter my dreams now.” She spoke in a voice that told Deeba that she wanted no further discussion on the subject.

“Now please let’s go from here. Will you?” Hijaab asked thickly, giving her a final warning through her eyes.

“You love another man, don’t you?” Deeba stared at her breathlessly.

“Yes, I do.” Hijaab shouted, unable to control herself any longer. “And I can’t love any other man just to make him happy. My love is not for sale or charity. You got it NOW?”

“Alright,” Deeba turned her face away, staring at the house in front through the windscreen. “But he is the best man I’ve ever seen.”

“May be,” Hijaab shrugged her shoulders. “But after all, he’s not ‘him’.”

“I understand what you mean,” Deeba said, her fingers turning the key into her car’s ignition, ready to start the engine. “But what if he’s him?”

Hijaab looked back at her with disbelief, thinking Deeba has lost her mind. “I’m leaving this place, at this very instant.” Hijaab said aloud, and then with a push, she opened her door and climbed out of the car, walking away.

Without going behind the other woman, Deeba climbed out and slowly walked toward the main door of Maulana uncle’s house.

“Sir, I want you to meet someone.” She told Aariz right away, as soon as she saw him standing at the doorway.

“What does that mean?”

“There’s the girl of your dreams,” Without turning she pointed at her back.

Aariz thought he’d not heard her correctly.

“What?”

“I have searched an ideal girl for you.” Deeba told him, her tone heavy with emotion. “She’s perfect for you. Seems like you two are made for each other.”

His glance shifted away, his eyes seemed to be staring at nothing in particular.

“It will be of no use now.” He sighed. “You’d be disappointed. I’ve already spent my life.”

“Life is so short, we don’t have enough time for ‘love’ and yet we spend most of our time in ‘hatred’.” Deeba said quickly, now stepping closer to him.

“Go to her. Please. She’s the one you want.”

Speechlessly Aariz stared at her, thinking if she had finally lost her mind.

“Hurry up, before she leaves.” Deeba begged, her hands closing into tight fists.

He longed to walk, to find out what this was all about, but hesitated.

“Which kind of game are you trying to play?” He was confused.

“You want to go to her, don’t you?” Deeba’s voice spoke to him. “She’s your ideal. Just see her only once, for me, please!”

“But…” He tried to say something.

“Are you going to let her walk away?” It was Deeba who prodded him to awareness. “It is in your moments of decision that your destiny is shaped.”

Aariz wanted to open his lips but Deeba was already pushing him toward the slowly disappearing figure of a woman.

“You love her, go after her.” She ordered him for the first time, gazing at the veiled lady who was far from them now.

“But…who’s she?” He asked, frustrated. “I can’t meet any stranger like this.”

Deeba stared at him for a few good seconds, as if trying to guess his forthcoming reaction. Decidedly, she said,

“She’s….”
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 4:57pm On Nov 05, 2013

“Madam,” On Deeba‟s distant call, Hijaab stopped at her place and turned back to find Deeba approaching toward her with quick steps.

“I’ve someone for you.” Deeba said aloud and waved her hand to her right.

Hijaab followed Deeba’s gaze and saw a handsomely built man walking slowly toward her. His black eyes met hers for a second, and she almost fell to the ground in shock. She must have let out an audible gasp for Deeba swirled around to see what was wrong.

The man continued toward her. Paralyzed at her place, she could do little more than drink in his well-remembered physique. She knew her mind must be playing tricks on her, because there was no way on earth he would be in front of her.

Yes, She decided, she must have been having some sort of crazy hallucination. Her desire for him mixed with the fatigue was making her see things that weren’t real. Her mind was playing cruel tricks on her. It couldn’t be him. But this man, dressed in an impeccably tailored black dinner jacket, black slacks, a black shirt, looked exactly like him and appeared too solid and real to be a mirage.

On the other hand, Aariz’s condition was not much different. Although the woman’s face was still covered up to her eyes but even those eyes were enough for him to make him believe that it was none other than her.

He would know those eyes anywhere, he thought. Through those eyes, he could recognize her in billions.

How could he forget her?

She’d snuck up on his blind side as well, found a soft spot in his heart and wormed her way into it.

“Zeest!”

The sound of her name on his tongue shocked her.

Her throat still blocked by emotion, wouldn’t let her utter a sound.

Reaching in front of her, he stopped as if he couldn’t go on.

Their eyes continued to hold. Both remained motionless, frozen in time as they stared at each other.

“Zeest!” He took another step forward and stopped.

The typical lazy drawl of his voice was a caress, touching her and assuring her of his existence.

She stiffened at the sound of his voice, and turned to face him fully, her posture rigid. Taking one last step, she stopped short of him, able to make out his lean features and the pain carved in them.

For a breathless moment they both looked at each other

“Do…I…… I deserve you?” Words came out of his mouth with difficulty. His gold-framed glasses giving his face an ascetic quality as he spoke.

Her breath came in sharp gasp. Her throat muscles were so tightly constricted she couldn’t speak.

“Please Allah, don’t let her reject him.” Deeba prayed, watching them from the distance.

Zeest’s only response was a murmur. She was shaking a little.

And Aariz…

His own condition was not much different. He couldn’t believe his eyes, and couldn’t believe his fate.

“I just ask for one thing from you now.” He took a shuddering breath. “Forgive me, if you can, for all the things I’ve done with you.”

Just for a second she hated his male ego that had always stopped him to accept her, and wanted to hurt him as she had been hurt, deep and wounding.

Aariz swallowed hard. “There’s one more confession from me.” He looked at her with pain in his eyes, as she closed her eyes, guarding them through her long, curvy trembling lashes.

“And that is…” He left his sentence unfinished to read her inner feelings through her eyes, but she still kept them closed.

“I respect you.” He said softly. “Respect, that is foundation of ‘love’.”

The sudden, unexpected words caused her to open her eyes against her will and she watched him with disbelief, thinking if it was a dream or something.

Unable to gaze anymore into those fiery black depths of his eyes, she closed her eyes again, her legs shaking and her lips trembling, showing her weakness.

“Look at me, Zeest.”

His tone became affectionate.

“Please, look into my eyes.” He pleaded.

Her lids felt heavy and she had to force them open.

“I love you not because I need you… I need you because I love you.” He whispered the words
softly.

A moan came from her throat, so soft that it was barely audible, a tiny cry of utter longing.

“Don’t think I wish any favour from you.” He shook his head regretfully. “Perhaps, I don’t deserve that.”

She kept silent, her mind going blank as he spoke.

“But you could at least forgive me, right?” He looked into her eyes with request and plea.

“I’m sorry.” He said and meant it.

She raised her eyes to him, an aching regret sweeping through her at the defeat in his expression.

“I didn’t want to hurt you.” He couldn’t look into her eyes. “But I know I did.”

“But know what?” With force, he took his darkly haunted eyes to her face. “There’s someone else too who was as much hurt as you were, and that was me, myself. “

A sob caught in her throat. Her lips snarled and quivered. Yes, somehow she knew what he was saying was true.

“Zeest?” He called her.

“I’m still here, aren’t I?” He said aloud. “You can get mad at me, Zeest, and it’s still alright. Don’t you see that? It’s alright.”

She hadn’t said anything yet.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry,” He muttered at last, rubbing the back of his hand across his cheek, looking at her rather shamefacedly.

“I wish those times could come back once again.” His voice was husky as he continued. “So that I could make up for all the hurt and loss you suffered.”

“But I am not time!” Her voice was shaking with emotion, as she finally answered. “I can come back.”

He couldn’t believe his ears. Was it really her saying this? Was it possible that she could come back to him?

Could it be possible that God would grant him twice the magic of falling in love. He thought he was going to spend the rest of his life alone.

As for those tense moments she just stared at him, he saw the glitter of tears on lashes several shades of colours.

They stared into each other's eyes for what seemed to be an eternity. Then, with a muffled moan, she flung herself into his arms.

She held him so close, so tight like she wanted to devour him within herself. She was shaking. He could feel it.

He didn’t push her away and In fact gripped her tight against him. Her tears dampened his chest, as his own arms tightened about her, crushing her soft body to his. His hands roamed up and down her back, pressing her closer and closer. In that moment, he was surprised to discover he never wanted to let her go.

He wanted to hold her and protect her against everything in the world outside. His strong arms wrapped around her, completely binding them together in an unbreakable lock.

A violent shudder racked her frame as his hands touched her shoulders. The touch of him opened a wound so deeply painful that she started trembling.

Opening her eyes, she blinked through the wall of tears to see the absolute certainty of his ardent expression, the searing fire of his back gaze.

Deeba watched while tears blinded her and her heart swelled with love for the soft woman and the tough man. Yet she was afraid to move or even breath, for fear she’d start crying and not be able to stop.

The wind gently picked up as they held each other, crying for what seemed like hours though only minutes passed. The sun rose for them both, bringing the promise of a new and loving day, which they would spend together. It cast a bright beam upon them, illuminating the hope that they both held as if it were something tangible.

Aariz held her in his arms, feeling the cold now blowing against his own body as it drew near them. Their tears met the wind together.

Leaning over him and gripping the smooth strength of his broad shoulders for support, Zeest began to sob heavily

“Don’t cry!” The roughness of his male hand was on her cheek, wiping them away, although he was crying himself.

“For God’s sake, don’t cry.” His voice held no anger, only a kind of anguished regret.

“I can’t help it.” She honestly tried to check the flow of tears, but it was unstoppable.

“I swear to Allah I never meant to hurt you on my own will.” His voice was gentle as he said.

“I know.” She murmured gently and a little sadly, as she held her tear-streaked face tight against Aariz’s chest, sobbing as though her heart was broken.

“It isn’t your fault. You didn’t ask me to fall in love with you.” Her voice trembled, then steadied. “Maybe if you had, I’d be able to hate you, but I can’t, I don’t.”

“Have you ever wondered which hurts the most?” He asked in a low voice.

"No," Zeest whispered, her eyes flowing with tears.

“Saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing and wishing you had?” As he spoke, she felt the warmth of his breath against her skin. He brought one of his hands to dry a tear from her cheek.

“It took me a while to realize it was your voice I heard whispering in the breeze, calling to me.” Aariz told her.

“You were the shining warmth I felt when I walked in the sunlight. There was nothing over the next hill that was better than what I’d left behind. The best thing with worst experience had already happened to me, and that was you. Anything else would only be a hollow echo of what I’d known. I was surrounded by emptiness, Zeest, and the bitter-sweet memories of you!”

The gentleness of his tone was too much for Zeest; she dissolved into tears, her shoulders shaking, her face covered with his chest.

“I loved you so much that it became a physical and mental hurt.” He said as he pulled her to him and held her close, his chin resting on top of her head.

Their tears poured over their lips slowly, finally ending. They were still in others arms and none of them wanted to break the nearness and intimacy.

Gently, he pulled the scarf from her hair and let the curls drop softly to her shoulders, running his fingers through her hair.

There was this girl, with angelic face and innocent features, a girl who had changed his life, a girl who was his wife.

“I wish you could be my first love.” He murmured regretfully as he pulled her close, his wrist so close to the lobe of her ear that she could hear the tickling of his watch.

“It doesn’t make me sad.” She slid her hands around his waist, as her ear pressed against his chest. “Lucky is the man who is first love of a woman but luckier is the woman who is last love of a man.”

“I was stupid and blind.” He stroked her hair lightly in gentle comfort

She wanted to tell him not to say that. But when he looked at her like that, as if he could see into her very soul, her knees weakened and she couldn’t seem to catch her breath.

”If you knew how much I regret my stupidity! You were the best thing in my life and I let you go.”

She caught her breath at the sweet, unexpected words, and she pulled back to gaze at him in wonder.

“When you make the biggest mistake ever, something good comes from it.” She said and rested
her head on Aariz’s chest, at ease with herself and him.

He saw she was smiling, although her eyes still filled with tears, happy tears this time.

"No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through the tears." He thought.

“But…” He muttered painfully. “I even ignored you. How could you still love me then?”

“Do you know what’s great love?” She asked back softly and then answered herself. “It's when you shed tears and still you care for him, it's when he ignores you and still long for him. It's when he begins to love another and yet you still smile and say I'm happy for you.”

“Sometimes the one you love turns out to be the one, who hurts you the most,” She went on gently.

“Love is when someone hurts you. And sometimes you even get mad but you don't yell at him because you know it would hurt his feelings.”

A few feet away, Deeba gloried in the precious moment she’d been privileged to witness and knew she would treasure this memory long after both Aariz and Zeest had forgotten her existence.

“What I did to you is something I can never forget.” He was saying with his eyes closed.

“Apology accepted.” Zeest laughed and chided softly, as though she’d read his mind.

"I feel so warm, so safe," she whispered; letting her head, rest against his shoulder. And it was true. This was her place, in her husband's arms. It was him whom she loved, his touch she longed for.

She sighed and curled closer, her eyelids fluttering shut.

“I...I thought, our love was over.” He stammered weakly, running his fingers through her fine hair.

It was true, he’d never expected to love again, much less so strongly.

“Yes, it was over, but not finished.” She smiled through her tear-filled eyes. “For every beauty there is an eye somewhere to see it, for every truth there is an ear someone to hear it, for every love there is a heart somewhere to receive it.”

“It would be alright.” She whimpered and smiled, trying to convince herself, as much as him.

Her smile wiped out all the pain and torment.

“You remember something?” He asked, his index finger playing with her soft curls.

“What?”

“We’ve not consummated our marriage yet.”

“Hmm?”

“We’re already married ‘religiously, legally and theoretically’. We were not, however, married ‘practically’. But tonight, we will make our marriage ‘practical’ too.” There was a naughty smile on his lips.

She flushed, suddenly self-conscious but deliriously happy. Heat rising in her cheeks, she snuggled against his chest.

Her secret wish had come true. Now, and for the rest of her life, there was someone for her to love; there was someone who loved her back.

2 Likes

Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:05pm On Nov 05, 2013
Okay guys, here we go. I had to deliver those updates today because I wont be able to update until Tuesday, have many things to take care of. But hopefully next week, I will be back with the rest of the updates and maybe the story will end next week grin.

Thank you all for your support and encouragements, u really are wonderful people. kiss

I love you all.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss, Mynd_44 that's for u.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:09pm On Nov 05, 2013
harlos: ...don’t go for looks, don’t show your
appearance, don’t trust your looks, instead… impress people by your inner qualities and not by your external charms.”

hmmm... Underage you're always amazing with ur updates.

Hope you wear your hijaab too wink

Yes, I do smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by Raymonbell(m): 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
Wher my own now

no be only mynd de here
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:56pm On Nov 05, 2013
IZEGOLD: Hmmmmm Educative keep it up ma.

Thnx smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:57pm On Nov 05, 2013
Hameenat94:
aiit tnx... Hws Basheer nd ur hubby?

Uw ........all are fyn. Alhamdulillah smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
Raymonbell:

thank u ma

that prayer point is personal, it's between me and my creator.

Ok. I hope He answers ur prayers smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:02pm On Nov 05, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: Madam @ d top gud morning... Hop der wil b update today... Grtings to khaleel nd Oga

U r d madam @ d top tongue. They send their greetings too.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2013
emeraldudy: l luv ur story made me sigh up on nairaland

U r welcome.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:04pm On Nov 05, 2013
fateemah88: Sowie i didnt comment yestaday,MTN was givin me headache.Ur update wax too much i like your point about the hijab because am also a luver of the hijab,i feel free weneva i wear it. tnxz alot,extent my gritins to basheer nd ur hubby

MTN wahala sai a hankali. Good to hear u r a Hijabat. They send their greetings too. smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
Raymonbell: Wher my own now

no be only mynd de here

kiss kiss
Re: The Silent Lover by Nobody: 10:59pm On Nov 05, 2013
The bestEST update so far. kissThe bestEST update so far.
Re: The Silent Lover by Reekay57(m): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nyc wan underage
Re: The Silent Lover by Reekay57(m): 11:37pm On Nov 05, 2013
Nyc wan underage.actualy ma first story 2 comment in literature section so far ,am nt dissapointed.if i were 2 rate u, an 80 per cent wil do ba?
Re: The Silent Lover by Jhymrod(f): 5:33am On Nov 06, 2013
Ǻ♍ a silent follower,ur story ℓ̊§ superb. May Allah continue to grant u more knowledge nd understanding,keep it up ma'm.
Re: The Silent Lover by harlos: 7:40am On Nov 06, 2013
This is very romantic, the love birds meet again grin

You never know the value of what you have until you lose it... I'm happysmiley
Even smiling can make one drop tears. Lolcheesy

Both are silent lovers just that Zeest's is obvious...

Well done Underage, but it will end soon sadsadsad
#teamarizandzeestthesilentlovers#
Re: The Silent Lover by SPLENDIDFLOZZY: 7:43am On Nov 06, 2013
underage: Okay guys, here we go. I had to deliver those updates today because I wont be able to update until Tuesday, have many things to take care of. But hopefully next week, I will be back with the rest of the updates and maybe the story will end next week grin.

Thank you all for your support and encouragements, u really are wonderful people. kiss

I love you all.

kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss, Mynd_44 that's for u.
Gud mornin, hw r u nd ur family?? As 4 me i'l read 1 update per day because i dnt want 2 miss u nd ur story more dan i cn bear.... Extend my grtin 2 khaleel. Wishin u a succesful mid-wek embarassed
Re: The Silent Lover by Temizy(f): 10:08am On Nov 06, 2013
I cnt bliv my eye was filled wt tearz,am xo hapi 4 Zeest n Aariz.wldne,Na gaishe ki na musanma
Re: The Silent Lover by Hameenat94(f): 12:53pm On Nov 06, 2013
Nyc update... Im happy 4 both of them oh. C pure luv na. Make Aariz jst de thank Deeba wella.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
Bestluv584: The bestEST update so far. kissThe bestEST update so far.

BestEST? Is dat a new word?

Anyways, thnx dear smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by Lucentbeauty(f): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2013
Smiling its happening,she's back! Lol happy endings .xoxo sis
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2013
Reekay57: Nyc wan underage.actualy ma first story 2 comment in literature section so far ,am nt dissapointed.if i were 2 rate u, an 80 per cent wil do ba?
Reekay57: Nyc wan underage

It will do grin....thnx
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:50pm On Nov 06, 2013
Jhymrod: Ǻ♍ a silent follower,ur story ℓ̊§ superb. May Allah continue to grant u more knowledge nd understanding,keep it up ma'm.

Ameen, thnx smiley
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:52pm On Nov 06, 2013
harlos: This is very romantic, the love birds meet again grin

You never know the value of what you have until you lose it... I'm happysmiley
Even smiling can make one drop tears. Lolcheesy

Both are silent lovers just that Zeest's is obvious...

Well done Underage, but it will end soon sadsadsad
#teamarizandzeestthesilentlovers#

U were with me ryt frn d beginning kiss.........bt it has to end dear.
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2013
SPLENDIDFLOZZY: .
Gud mornin, hw r u nd ur family?? As 4 me i'l read 1 update per day because i dnt want 2 miss u nd ur story more dan i cn bear.... Extend my grtin 2 khaleel. Wishin u a succesful mid-wek embarassed

Everyone is fyn. Thnx for ur concern, I will miss u too, just dat My sister is getting married and I am nt chanced to type and update. Don't worry, I'll b back soon grin
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:57pm On Nov 06, 2013
Temizy: I cnt bliv my eye was filled wt tearz,am xo hapi 4 Zeest n Aariz.wldne,Na gaishe ki na musanma

Tears of joy grin........na amsa na musamman.

Are you hausa?
Re: The Silent Lover by underage(f): 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2013
Hameenat94: Nyc update... Im happy 4 both of them oh. C pure luv na. Make Aariz jst de thank Deeba wella.

Thnx Hameenat smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (38) (Reply)

Generation To Generations... / Which Books/Novels Are You Currently Reading? / PLAGIARIZED (The Story Was Just The Beginning)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.