Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,695 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (306) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2576617 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 4:27pm On Aug 20, 2015
promiseJane:
pls how do I get to summit my cv am not around Lekki., help a sister thanks

You don't need 2 visit them (except u feel like.....,  it's a waste of resources) NEITHER do u need to call. Just send in ur :
1. Application letter/cover letter 
2. CV (as attachment) 
3. Credentials (as attachment), 
by email. 
Once a vacancy exists in ur subject(s),  they WILL CONTACT YOU through ur email or thru text or call you on ur phone. 
If u go to them/Call them on phone, u'll get one of d following response :
1. If there's a vacancy, they will tell u to do what I asked u 2 do earlier and submit it either physically at d gate/reception or thru email. So,  u going there physically DOESN'T have any special effect/advantage. 
2. They could also tell u "NO VACANCY" because, TRULY, there's no vacancy as at the time of ur visit, and they are NOT certain when their will be one. So, u would have wasted money . But if u apply thru email (b4 hand), whether there's vacancy or not, they will FILE ur papers and get back 2 u whenever there's an opening! 
3. Most times, because it's usually a BIG school, the security men due 2 ORDER FROM ABOVE or OVER ZEALOUSNESS, may not allow u into d premises since u DONT HAVE an appointment with anyone. Again, waste of money!

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 4:30pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ten mathematics Theory Questions plus 50 Objectives. Reporting live and direct frm The Ambassador's college, Ogun State.

Pls I'l update you later.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by akanduteenah(f): 4:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
STENON:
Ten mathematics Theory Questions plus 50 Objectives. Reporting live and direct frm The Ambassador's college, Ogun State.

Pls I'l update you later.

i admire your courage: do you have a particular place u are staying at the moment while job-hunting?( from lekki yesterday to ogun state today)
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by OluchiDelly: 5:16pm On Aug 20, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
how far with d interview

Too many questions. Very boring. Especially when I heard from a source that they pay around 25k. my current pay doubles that (industrial sector).
going by the no of d questions, u will think they will pay u 100k.
I will type those that I can remember soon.

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 5:36pm On Aug 20, 2015
akanduteenah:

i admire your courage: do you have a particular place u are staying at the moment while job-hunting?( from lekki yesterday to ogun state today)
Thanks, I'm staying with a family frnd in Lagos.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 5:39pm On Aug 20, 2015
OluchiDelly:

Too many questions. Very boring. Especially when I heard from a source that they pay around 25k. my current pay doubles that (industrial sector).
No be only that Place o, I sat down for more than 6hours for GRE exams here.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 5:40pm On Aug 20, 2015
OluchiDelly:

thanks for ur response ...waiting for updates ...check ur mail ..i sent u a pm

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by mandonnels(m): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
GoldenDr:
Logos international school, Elemen road Portharcourt is accepting CV for teaching position.

True Olive International school Elelewon Portharcout needs nursery teachers

Pinemanor school Amechi road, GRA Portharcourt in needs of teacher

MaryGold too is accepting CV but the school is Big 4. Nothing, don't pay well

Brainianics Academy, Eneka. Road Rumuduru portharcourt

Cherry forte school, woji road b4 YKC junction

Cc:
Morrygreat
interested in secondary schools only.
studied Physics and Education

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
My Ten theory Questions on Mathematics at The Christ Ambassador's College are

Longitude and Latitude/ Bearimg : I hate that topic mehn!

Solving of Quadratic equation with plotting of Graph,
Construction of Isosceles triangle and Loci,
preparation of frequency distribution table for grouped data,
Measuration,
AP and GP,
change of subject of formular,
Probability,
Circular Geometry.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
STENON:
My Ten theory Questions on Mathematics at The Christ Ambassador's College are

Longitude and Latitude/ Bearimg : I hate that topic mehn!

Solving of Quadratic equation with plotting of Graph,
Construction of Isosceles triangle and Loci,
preparation of frequency distribution table for grouped data,
Measuration,
AP and GP,
change of subject of formular,
Probability,
Circular Geometry.
longtitude n latitude / bearing ........is sweet at times ...i use to hate bearing den ....but now i like it ooo ......

so dey provided graph sheets
drawing instrument (mAthematical sets)
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 5:53pm On Aug 20, 2015
May5ive:

Take a bus to Iju ota, drop at onibuku. Then take a bike to cleverland schools.
Pls what is the latest for those of us that Applied to your international Sch? Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 5:55pm On Aug 20, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
longtitude n latitude / bearing ........is sweet at times ...i use to hate bearing den ....but now i like it ooo ......

so dey provided graph sheets
drawing instrument (mAthematical sets)
Hmmmmmm, I hate that topic in Mathematics, Very Boring!
Yes, They provided everything.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Macdove02(m): 5:56pm On Aug 20, 2015
OCcool:
How I wish the location was in Abuja.
. You are in Abuja and looking for teaching jobs....Drop your cv in schools around and will definately get in few days...Teaching vacancy full everywhere.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Macdove02(m): 5:58pm On Aug 20, 2015
adetoks19:

Bachel Model College's working condition is terrible. They pay there teachers as high as 24-26k & dey deduct compulsory tax of 2k frm ur salary above. Dere principals are paid btwn 28k-30k den u'l pay back 2k for tax.Same tin happens in all dere branches.Dey recruit every Term & Session
Did i hear you say 26k ia high...Even corpers in Abuja earn twice that amount.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Macdove02(m): 6:01pm On Aug 20, 2015
Bholarji18:
. U can say dat again! Someone very close 2 me once went dere 4 interview which was successful.They offered her 13k !! Minus d 2k,meaning she will earn 11k monthly.I mean its unbelievable,as big as d skool is?
11k for a graduate?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by GloriaAdanne: 6:11pm On Aug 20, 2015
I was asked the following questions in a written interview today (teaching job) and I managed to make something up. Pls help nairalanders if you know the appropriate answers.
1. Describe your experience working with children.
2. How do you find working with d mgt of that school? What would you have told them to do differently, given the opportunity?
3.suppose u have one noisome pupil, one challenged ( slow to learn) pupil, 3 average pupils & 2 smart pupils, what would u do to carry them all along in a lesson?
4. What do u like in children what really annoys u about them?
5. I strongly dislike noisy children, slow learners, and low achievers in class. Could you arm of with method to help me raise them?
6. What are your talents and gifts which you have developed?
7. What is ur computer awareness level? State briefly please.
Newbies learn, professionals help us o.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 6:17pm On Aug 20, 2015
I wrote my exam in the school Library at the Ambassador's College,
After the exam, Two students came to where I sat and asked :
what class did I want to join in the common entrance exam That I wrote, SS 1 or SS2?

I told them that I'm a graduate bt they didnt believe .

*Lmao*

3 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2015
STENON:
what class did I want to join in the common entrance exam That I wrote, SS 1 or SS2?

*Lmao*
na so u take small .....lolllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:22pm On Aug 20, 2015
STENON:

*Lmao*
lolzzzz.....the same way my principal nd students at my ppa found it hard to believe i was a corper wen i came in wif my posting letter cheesy
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hollabesea:
lolzzzz.....the same way my principal nd students at my ppa found it hard to believe i was a corper wen i came in wif my posting letter cheesy
Small Stature no be small thing o. The questn was somehow to me.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hollabesea:
make una dey eat ooooooo ....
.food for growth .

1 Like

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
na so u take small .....lolllllzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Hmmmmmm, I don vex now. It's a matter of time o.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by OluchiDelly: 6:29pm On Aug 20, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
how far with d interview

1.Aptitude test (quantitative analysis, logical reasoning, synonym, antonyms.).
2.Prepare a lesson note on a topic.
3.Essay writing on any of these (teaching and nation building, Reading-a dying culture, reward of teachers etc)
4. 5 qualit of a good teacher,
5. 5 statutory records in schools n explain functions.
6.Explain n gv purpose : instructional materials, lesson note, organogram , etc. Draw an organogram for s. School.

7. 5 functions of mgt in s. school. Name 5 mgt staff in a good school. Explain functions of each. How(5) can a mgt staff know if a teacher is effective in d class ?
8. 5 things that make a good school.

And many more that I can't remember. Yet, they still want to call us for micro teaching for another day.
All d "list 5" are with explanations. The pay doesn't worth d stress.
My opinion - too many questions is not a test for brilliancy especially in teaching job, when u even know well u r not going to pay well. Only 1 or 2 section - Aptitude, essay, lesson note, etc) can tell a good interviewer how good d applicant is.

2 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 6:31pm On Aug 20, 2015
OluchiDelly:

1.Aptitude test (quantitative analysis, logical reasoning, synonym, antonyms.).
2.Prepare a lesson note on a topic.
3.Essay writing on any of these (teaching and nation building, Reading-a dying culture, reward of teachers etc)
4. 5 qualit of a good teacher,
5. 5 statutory records in schools n explain functions.
6.Explain n gv purpose : instructional materials, lesson note, organogram , etc. Draw an organogram for s. School.

7. 5 functions of mgt in s. school. Name 5 mgt staff in a good school. Explain functions of each. How(5) can a mgt staff know if a teacher is effective in d class ?
8. 5 things that make a good school.

And many more that I can't remember. Yet, they still want to call us for micro teaching for another day.
All d "list 5" are with explanations. The pay doesn't worth d stress.
My opinion - too many questions is not a test for brilliancy especially in teaching job, when u even know well u r not going to pay well. Only 1 or 2 section - Aptitude, essay, lesson note, etc) can tell a good interviewer how good d applicant is.
my broda nor be small mata ...huzzle is real
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 6:32pm On Aug 20, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
make una dey eat ooooooo .... .food for growth .
I eat alot bt stil dnt knw the reason for that.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 6:35pm On Aug 20, 2015
The management of NewHall International sch sent transport fare to my acct today. May God bless them always.

6 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Ronie24(f): 6:43pm On Aug 20, 2015
upload111:

Pm utchvicky.
hello upload 111, sowie I ad to quote dis to get across to u.
Is it tru b4 one can be added to d whatsapp grp, u must see d person's pic and also some info frm d person or someone is tryin to impersonate U? Jst wanna knw if dis dude on whatsapp is truly U. Thanks
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:47pm On Aug 20, 2015
STENON:
Small Stature no be small thing o. The questn was somehow to me.
my dear...ppl do mistake me for a sec schl girl alot.but small stature is good,i still love it wink
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 20, 2015
Engrcharlesid:
make una dey eat ooooooo ....
.food for growth .

No b by food jor
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 6:50pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hollabesea:
my dear...ppl do mistake me for a sec schl girl alot.but small stature is good,i still love it wink
Yes,I bt The embarassment thou!
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Engrcharlesid(m): 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
Hollabesea:
No b by food jor
special food ......
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by STENON(f): 6:52pm On Aug 20, 2015
Ronie24:
hello upload 111, sowie I ad to quote dis to get across to u.
Is it tru b4 one can be added to d whatsapp grp, u must see d person's pic and also some info frm d person or someone is tryin to impersonate U? Jst wanna knw if dis dude on whatsapp is truly U. Thanks
Hollabesea:
See pix ke! Lolllll

(1) (2) (3) ... (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) (308) (309) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.