Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,911 members, 7,810,509 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (345) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs (2570608 Views)

110, 181 Apply For 2000 Slots In Teaching Service - TESCOM / Vacancy For Those Interested In Teaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (1041) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by avicky(f): 8:28pm On Aug 31, 2015
upload111:

back in the days when i interviewed there ,it used to be past questions on your subject area. the salary structure in okay comparing to other schools around its area. its low though. as for the work ethics ,i cant say . (but all these may have changed now cos the last time i saw the school they owned both sides of the their road.

Oga mi, you dan waka far o. I doff my hat o.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by afynwa(f): 8:42pm On Aug 31, 2015
afynwa:
I have interview with a primary school on wednesday, pls can someone help me with what to expect. pls.......
pls house, respond THANKS
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by islamics(m): 8:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
artisticallyart:

Lol!!!! Idiot is actually the write word especially if they are learning without understanding.... Check long man dictionary for better explanation.
Who would you blame?
a. School
b. Parents
c. Teachers
d. Government
Stating your reason.
The best answer would be 'All of the above'. There are a lot of factors that you have to consider.
Like if the students have the lackadaisical attitude to learning, if the school is not conducive enough, if the student has family problems, if the parents don't give students time to practice school work by consuming their after-school hour, if the teacher has a lot of issues bothering him/her from non payment of salary to delay in payment to small stipend. It goes on and on.
@least if more than average understand in the class: No Wahala.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by ayurdavid: 9:10pm On Aug 31, 2015
upload111:

back in the days when i interviewed there ,it used to be past questions on your subject area. the salary structure in okay comparing to other schools around its area. its low though. as for the work ethics ,i cant say . (but all these may have changed now cos the last time i saw the school they owned both sides of the their road.
thanks for your response bro. someone said it's up to 50k, is that true?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by haywhy3000(m): 9:23pm On Aug 31, 2015
Today my eyes see somtin oooo, cn u imagine a school arund ipaja offering to pay 30k as monthly salary for sumone who has his masters n phd in view. d guy vex comot sharpsharp.
we wey still get b.sc sef na 25k dem won offer. unemployment for dis country no b am ooo.
well, i still dey hustle dey go. dat one still dey pending sha, cos man never see anything to do.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by helen4(f): 9:30pm On Aug 31, 2015
oneluvs:
Pls I need necessary info about this school and also who got the same message.
Bade Unik Schools, G.R.A Quarters, Sagamu. Written Test-Tuesday Sept. 1,2015. 10am prompt. Bring hard copies of application letter,credentials and relevant papers.
sir/ma, what kind of information?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oneluvs: 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2015
helen4:
sir/ma, what kind of information?

The interview questions, salary range of the school and did they offer accommodation. Moreover are you presently working with them or you are ex teacher
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by helen4(f): 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
oneluvs:

The interview questions, salary range the school payment and did they offer accommodation
i do not know about the interview questions. The pay is not more than 35k for a start expect if they've changed it and no accomodation sir/ma.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by babawere(m): 9:48pm On Aug 31, 2015
My feedback.....
I applied to a teaching job under cleverland schools,despite all d response from people towards applying for ds job, I couldn't believe I was d only one who came 4 d interview..Firstly, d school structure put me off at d sight of it. Secondly, d aptitude test was like 'my book of bible stories', which I was given 45mins to complete. Thirdly, d oral interview was quite okay, was told by d principal that d school has accommodation with amenities..(wash)... with transport fare within d school environment...(weird)....I was asked d salary I intend to receive, told them 40-50k..only 4 me 2 b told I would be offered 10k...(gasps)..my reply was...'I would get back to d school'...d principal was bemused, she said, we are to get back to you..In conclusion,am dropping d offer, no environment to grow or develop, with d school setting I would work like a clock, and earn like a slave...Better days ahead...2 dose lucky in d transfer window, do all u can 2 kip ur jobs...as 4 others still trying to find their feet lyk me...our testimony ll b full soonest...hustle continues!....

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by oneluvs: 9:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
helen4:
i do not know about the interview questions. The pay is not more than 35k for a start expect if they've changed it and no accomodation sir/ma.

OK thanks.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by helen4(f): 10:05pm On Aug 31, 2015
oneluvs:

OK thanks.
u're welcome sir/ma
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by LaurelP(m): 10:20pm On Aug 31, 2015
dunnitara:
Many thanks Kehindetokode. I did that already, but I don't think its working jare. I apply to all the notices but l have never gotten an invite. I will keep trying sha. God help us.

Do u have a complete profile? Is your CV attractive? Do u apply with a cover letter?
If u answered no to any of these questions, then leave God out of it, blame yourself.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by MacJC: 10:36pm On Aug 31, 2015
afynwa:

I have interview with a primary school
on wednesday, pls can someone help
me with what to expect. pls.......

THANKS

1. Written test: since na primary school, expect some 'Ugo C. Ugo" tinz, ie maths, English, quantitativ+verbal, and current affairs.

2. Micro teaching:
(a) plz be VERY audible, Don't
shout but be loud.
(b) be assertive. Don't 4m
'gentlemen' o!
(c) choose a topic u are VERY
VERY good in; remember u've
got only ONE CHANCE to
impress dm.
(d) No blabbing/stammering.
This shows timidity/
incompetence.
(e) Liven up the class; try 2
make them laugh whenever
possible. Add some humor 2 ur
lecture.
(f) Feedback: Ensure u ask ur
audience (which could be
students or teachers or both)
questions.
(g) mobility: move round d class
once in a while, this shows/
portrays "class control" and
confidence. Don't just stay
rooted 2 d board.
(h) look into the eyez of ur
students. This also portrays
confidence. Don't avoid their
gaze. You can focus on a few
students out of d lot that u are
comfortable looking at.
(i) ALWAYS put on a smile,
irrespective of how tense u are;
ds portrays confidence
(j) peradventure a question is
thrown @ u which u VIRTUALLY
KNOW NOTHING about, instead
of babbling/spewing out thrash,
smile and with FULL confidence,
tell them u don't have it RIGHT
NOW @ the tip of ur hands. In
order words, be honest about it.
(Dhoooor, dey don't expect u 2
know efrytinz.....only God is
perfect ..... but dey are curious 2
know how u'll handle difficult
situations). By so doing, u score
a 'high' on d honesty/sincerity
scale. On d other hand, if u bin
get 'shikini' idea about d
question, say 5%, my sister,
with splendour, abeg magnify
that 5% answer like say u Sabi
efrytin! In other words, "ideas lo
matter"!
3. LESSON NOTE:
Abeg prepare 4 lesson note o!
4. ORAL INTERVIEW:
(a) AGAIN, ALWAYS PUT ON A
SMILE.
(b) be free 2 ask dm questions
too. This shows them dt u are
in control of ur "environment"
and MOST ESP, it tells them u
are NOT DESPERATE 4 the job
even if you did 7 days dry
fasting 4 it!
(c)Transfer/Sign-on fee: Don't
sell urself cheap yet don't drive
urself off d transfer market with
ur wage demands. With d
exception of some few cases,
the population of a school, their
school fees, d location of d
school or/and d "reservoir" (ie
capital base) of d proprietor of
such school is a pointer 2 d
SOF such school can offer u! So
do a research on ds or better
still a mental calculation/visual
observation of th.........

**yawns** **Zzzzzzzzzzz**

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by akanduteenah(f): 10:41pm On Aug 31, 2015
babawere:
My feedback.....
I applied to a teaching job under cleverland schools,despite all d response from people towards applying for ds job, I couldn't believe I was d only one who came 4 d interview..Firstly, d school structure put me off at d sight of it. Secondly, d aptitude test was like 'my book of bible stories', which I was given 45mins to complete. Thirdly, d oral interview was quite okay, was told by d principal that d school has accommodation with amenities..(wash)... with transport fare within d school environment...(weird)....I was asked d salary I intend to receive, told them 40-50k..only 4 me 2 b told I would be offered 10k...(gasps)..my reply was...'I would get back to d school'...d principal was bemused, she said, we are to get back to you..In conclusion,am dropping d offer, no environment to grow or develop, with d school setting I would work like a clock, and earn like a slave...Better days ahead...2 dose lucky in d transfer window, do all u can 2 kip ur jobs...as 4 others still trying to find their feet lyk me...our testimony ll b full soonest...hustle continues!....

na wah oooo.......... I was actually thinking of applying tomorrow. This is a no-go area for me. Thanks for the feedback. It has helped people like me
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by afynwa(f): 11:03pm On Aug 31, 2015
MacJC:

1. Written test: since na primary school, expect some 'Ugo C. Ugo" tinz, ie maths, English, quantitativ+verbal, and current affairs.
2. Micro teaching:
(a) plz be VERY audible, Don't shout but be loud.
(b) be assertive. Don't 4m 'gentlemen' o!
(c) choose a topic u are VERY VERY good in; remember u've got only ONE CHANCE to impress dm.
(d) No blabbing/stammering. This shows timidity/incompetence.
(e) Liven up the class; try 2 make them laugh whenever possible. Add some humor 2 ur lecture.
(f) Feedback: Ensure u ask ur audience (which could be students or teachers or both) questions.
(g) mobility: move round d class once in a while, this shows/portrays "class control" and confidence. Don't just stay rooted 2 d board.
(h) look into the eyez of ur students. This also portrays confidence. Don't avoid their gaze. You can focus on a few students out of d lot that u are comfortable looking at.
(i) ALWAYS put on a smile, irrespective of how tense u are; ds portrays confidence
(j) peradventure a question is thrown @ u which u VIRTUALLY KNOW NOTHING about, instead of babbling/spewing out thrash, smile and with confidence, tell them u don't have it @the tip of ur hands. In order words, be honest about it. By so doing, u score a 'high' on d honesty/sincerity scale. On d other hand, if u bin get 'shikini' idea about d question, say 5%, my sister, with splendour, abeg magnify that 5% answer like say u Sabi efrytin!
3. Oral interview:
(a) AGAIN, ALWAYS PUT ON A SMILE.
(b) be free 2 ask dm questions too. This shows them dt u are in control of ur "environment" and MOST ESP, it tells them u are NOT DESPERATE 4 the job.
(c)Don't sell urself chea..... **yawns** **Zzzzzzzzzzz **
Thank u very much sir
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Bholarji18(f): 12:01am On Sep 01, 2015
Good evening everyone.Guess we all had a 1daful day? Pls ow best can one answer these questnssad1)What are ur visions as a teacher? (2) What value can u add 2 dis skool? Tanx as u respond.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by PeyButtons(f): 12:07am On Sep 01, 2015
Customer service in the school.

As a teacher your students' parent are your customer. Customer service is the knowledge or care that are rendered to the customers. You should have ideas about the school that you are selling.

Effective customer service
1. Have a positive attitude. Greet properly...smile...dress well.
2. Speak clearly and slowly.
3. Know your product\services. Never say,"I dont know"
4. Listen completely to their complaint and make sure you are understanding.
5. Keep communicating... always keep your customers informed and follow up.

NB: Customers want to heard and understood...they are always right.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by PeyButtons(f): 12:24am On Sep 01, 2015
Bholarji18:
Good evening everyone.Guess we all had a 1daful day? Pls ow best can one answer these questnssad1)What are ur visions as a teacher? (2) What value can u add 2 dis skool? Tanx as u respond.

My visions as a teacher are as follow;
My students and I will have experience of being a big family while working towards the same goal of achieving great success.
I will develop personal relationships with my students.
I will be an oustanding and professional teacher.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Nobody: 2:07am On Sep 01, 2015

Cherished Jewel Private School runs
* Crechè
* Pre-School
* After School
* Nursery
51, Adebola Street, Off Adeniran Ogunsanya Str., Surulere, Lagos.

Urgently needs
A. NURSERY teachers with
* NCE and TC 2 or NCE alone or B.Ed in early childhood Education/ NON-EDUCATION GRADUATES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
* WILLINGLY TO LEARN
* MUST BE MORE THAN 25 YEARS
* Must have Montessori training/willingness to learn Montessori
B. RECEPTIONIST (MINIMUM OF SSCE)
C. NANNIES
For enquiries: 09022403254 & 08181322613.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Ijlyriks(f): 2:11am On Sep 01, 2015
avicky:

Check learning field satellite town (abule ado busstop) and Loral in festac. Move around. You will see lots of schools in satellite town around cbn estate II.

oh thanx for ur reply,i submitted my cv @ loral sch festac,but dey neva called me for an interview,likewise learning field sch which called me for a written test and later microteaching,but dey sed dey wld get back to me.Pls do u kn abt thr salary structure,welfare n workin condition?i wld appreciate ur quick reply.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:42am On Sep 01, 2015
GoldenDr:
Teachers are needed
English
Mathematics
Nursery teacher
Call 0717793543 or 07017793543
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:42am On Sep 01, 2015
GoldenDr:
A school in Mowe town, Ogun State requires the following;

Head teacher
Primary school teachers
Food & Nutrition
Receptionist
Montessori
Cleaners
Moweschool1@gmail.com
GoldenDr:
Subject teachers are needed in
Biology
Physics
Chemistry
Business Studies
Civic Education
ICT
Home Economic
3yrs minimum teaching experience.
Towemo College, 86, Jibowu Estate rd, by U-turn b/stop, Abule-Egba, Lagos
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:43am On Sep 01, 2015
GoldenDr:
Westerfield Yaba, Lagos
7, Hughes Avenue, Alagomeji, Yaba, Lagos
08081909281 or 08081909283

Silversands Hall Schools
SHS Pinnocks Beach Estate ( 5th roundabout) by femi okunnu, Mobil filling station, Jakande, Lekki.

Farm supervisor
OND/HND/BSc
Omenifarm@yahoo.com

Abs speedtrans a UK based company with its subsidiary in Nigeria requires the services of a logistics Manager on freelance basis
Bsc/HND
Humanresources@absspeedtrans.com

Nannies and Housekeepers
18-50
Relevant qualifications and experience
Career@realcarehealth.com or drop in person 260c Murtala Mohammed way, Yaba, Lagos
Visit our website www.realcarehealth.com click on the link career and fill the form.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:43am On Sep 01, 2015
Southboy:
Goodmorning house,
I got an invite from PEAKLANE COLLEGE around Akute for an interview tomorrow. Please anyone has an idea of their salary scale and what to expect in the interview?
I appreciate d effort of the movers and shakers of this thread. May Jehovah keep sustaining you guys .
how did it go?
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:44am On Sep 01, 2015
IDrock:
Lagooz College is in need of Subject Teachers. Apply in person to 11 & 12, Omotoye Estate Road,
Mulero Bus Stop,
Orile-Agege,
Lagos.
Tel: 08033205357, 08023852010,
01-8542707, 8542704
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:47am On Sep 01, 2015
Soteria Schools - A top notch Montessori Curriculum based Nursery and Primary schools in Satellite Town, Lagos State, requires applications from suitable and qualified candidates to fill the position of:

Job Title: Female Educator

Requirements
Candidates should possess:
A Bachelor's Degree in Education.
At least 2years EYFS experience.
A Montessori diploma/certificate is an added advantage.
Application Closing Date
2nd September, 2015.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and application letter to: info@thesoteriaschools.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Funminicrown: 3:47am On Sep 01, 2015
Today being the first day in the last quarter of the year, I declare last minute miracle into a life that has not signed a deal.
Because my God surprised me with another juicy offer yesterday 31st of August leaving me to choose the better, You shall land that job offer you so desire In Jesus Name. I declare testimonies and thanksgiving to fill this thread and you are the next to rejoice. AMEN!!!
Let somebody say Halleluyah

6 Likes

Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:48am On Sep 01, 2015
artisticallyart:
School Kits Limited is a leading professional school outfitting firm and a one-stop shop for a wide range of requirements for students from pre-school age through the secondary (High) school age. School Kits Limited commenced business in 2000 and has experienced significant growth for the years becoming a credible brand within the school supply industry in Nigeria.

We are recruiting to fill the vacant position of:

Job Title: Client Service Officer

Job Description
Attend politely and courteously to all walk-in clients irrespective of their status, dressing, request or attitude.
Acquaint yourself with all company's products and services.
Advise customers on available organization's products
Build positive and productive relationship with clients. It's advisable that you know them by names and always address them with a title.
Inform your reporting line manager of every client issues and resolutions experienced at the end of every work day. Note for urgent ones, please immediately notify the Store manager.
Attend to clients' inquiries and complaints. Provide client support services in accurate and timely fashion
Maintain high level of professionalism and competence in every client interaction
Work in compliance with company policies and procedures
Present and portray a positive image of the organization, its products and services to clients
Be familiar with the products and their prices.
Application Closing Date
1st September, 2015.

How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: info@schoolkitsng.com
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:49am On Sep 01, 2015
adex15:
Plz auz..how can I comment unda anoda members post..Nagode
Lesson teacher job should start from your neighborhood, church and social gatherings.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:51am On Sep 01, 2015
GoldenDr:
Keep pushing, don't stop pushing......
Remember giving up ain't an option.
Someone muted the idea of the get together to be extended to December...... It has been cancelled and the reasons were stated on the WhatsApp group.
I will give it a thought and send it to the Senate for further actions.
However, the WhatsApp group is were we hangout.
Thank you.
Has it been sent to the senate? What were their thoughts? Who fails to plan is planing to fail....early preparation is key to achieving desired result. Let start now.
Re: Strictly For Those Interested In Teaching Jobs by Sunnypar(m): 3:53am On Sep 01, 2015
GoldenDr:

A lot of persons indicated interest in attending the get-together, but very few paid up before the d-day, hence the cancellation.
grin Teachers and money.

(1) (2) (3) ... (342) (343) (344) (345) (346) (347) (348) ... (1041) (Reply)

Updated-New Job Vacancies / Department Of Petroleum Resources - 2016 Graduate Trainee &experienced Hire Job / Apply For 2019 NNPC Graduate Trainee And Experience Hire

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.