Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,634 members, 7,813,091 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:53 AM

Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? (8306 Views)

Economies And Corporations Around The World Explained Humorously Using Cows / 10 Evil Corporations Nigerians Patronize Everyday / Do Corporations Have Immunity For Crimes Against Humanity? - Niger Delta Case (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Afam4eva(m): 7:01pm On Sep 06, 2013
I have been to a lot of government parastatals, from NITEL to NEPA to NPF to WAEC to Immigration office and the story is the same. Their staff have a very bad customer service. These people have no regard for human beings. They just speak to people anyhow they like like they own the person's life. There was a day i went to passport office and the way they talked to me, made my self-esteem to drop. Those people are very wicked and bitter lot.

I've always wondered why they're like this. I can understand the NPF to some extent because they're not well paid but i don't think staff of other government parastatls are badly paid. So, what's the source of their bitterness?
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Sep 06, 2013
It's a symptom of the general lack of professionalism that is abound in the civil service. There is barely any supervision of the workers, or goals set for each civil servant to accomplish. Hence, the "I don't care" attitude displayed by them.

15 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 06, 2013
I agree with you.
Though not all, but most Nigerian government corporation workers are rude.
However, I have no idea why they are like that. . .
Maybe they are greedy underpaid workers. . .
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Waspy(m): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2013
You call it Rude?...tis like you've been outta naija for a while. Its the Naija attitude. Thats while the few ones that are still clutching to their sanity keep complaining abt the levels of ethical, social and moral decay, the levels of impunity, nepotism and corruption in virtually all the system of government. Nothing is working in Asyllumland

7 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Afam4eva(m): 7:26pm On Sep 06, 2013
Waspy: You call it Rude?...tis like you've been outta naija for a while. Its the Naija attitude. Thats while the few ones that are still clutching to their sanity keep complaining abt the levels of ethical, social and moral decay, the levels of impunity, nepotism and corruption in virtually all the system of government. Nothing is working in Asyllumland
I understand that the average Nigeria can be rude but these people take it to a whole new level. You rarely see this rudeness in private companies owned by Nigerians. It's mostly in public corporations. It means it goes beyond them being Nigerians. Something is definitely wrong somewhere.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by AkamuandStew: 7:28pm On Sep 06, 2013
.......Typing.........
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by AkamuandStew: 7:32pm On Sep 06, 2013
See who is complaining...

Go to the complaint thread and tell us why you and Sexkid are rude and disrespectful. I wonder how you guys will behave if you're in an office.

Thank God for my Nairaland "Jesus".....Mukina2

grin grin

14 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by abokinside: 7:34pm On Sep 06, 2013
Its typical Nigeria where no one answers to nobody but their pockets. President not answerable to the citizens, police serving only VIPs, Justice goes to the highest bidder, so what do u expect from your ordinary civil servant. He doesn't give a damn like his president its a shit hole here, every one is in it for the money so f__k service! I live in Abuja and deal with civil servants almost on a daily basis Nigeria has the most unproductive and mediocre civil service in the whole world. If u know any else pls say with facts.

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
Akamu and Stew: See who is complaining...

Go to the complaint thread and tell us why you and Sexkid are rude and disrespectful. I wonder how you guys will behave if you're in an office.

Thank God for my Nairaland "Jesus".....Mukina2

grin grin
Yeah. Mukina2 is cool. She is loved.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by kennybelle: 8:13pm On Sep 06, 2013
CFCfan: It's a symptom of the general lack of professionalism that is abound in the civil service. There is barely any supervision of the workers, or goals set for each civil servant to accomplish. Hence, the "I don't care" attitude displayed by them.
The Government job is more of a family inheritance than it should be. Since it happens that a family member of theirs is @ d top, they did nt suffer to get d job, SSCE certificates, low IQ n etiquette, they are never scared of d ‘sack palava‘ like we have in d private sector. Ur chances of reduced ego increases more when you come across women especially. They‘ll treat you lik a piece of ‘trash‘

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Afam4eva(m): 8:38pm On Sep 06, 2013
kennybelle:
The Government job is more of a family inheritance than it should be. Since it happens that a family member of theirs is @ d top, they did nt suffer to get d job, SSCE certificates, low IQ n etiquette, they are never scared of d ‘sack palava‘ like we have in d private sector. Ur chances of reduced ego increases more when you come across women especially. They‘ll treat you lik a piece of ‘trash‘
This is sooo true. I forgot to add that majority of those that possess these rude disposition are Women.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Waspy(m): 2:31pm On Sep 08, 2013
Afam4eva:
I understand that the average Nigeria can be rude but these people take it to a whole new level. You rarely see this rudeness in private companies owned by Nigerians. It's mostly in public corporations. It means it goes beyond them being Nigerians. Something is definitely wrong somewhere.
Afam4eva:
Hence my adding 'impunity'....an unqualified civil servant sits lazily at his/her desk, abusing and neglecting pple he/she is paid to serve, and nobody calls him/her to order/senses
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Sep 08, 2013
Government workers are generally rude everywhere you go.

The DMV and post office in the USA is one shining example. grin

Most government workers don't understand the concept of customer service since government entities are not about profits and employees have good job security.
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 13, 2013
Afam4eva: I have been to a lot of government parastatals, from NITEL to NEPA to NPF to WAEC to Immigration office and the story is the same. Their staff have a very bad customer service. These people have no regard for human beings. They just speak to people anyhow they like like they own the person's life. There was a day i went to passport office and the way they talked to me, made my self-esteem to drop. Those people are very wicked and bitter lot.

I've always wondered why they're like this. I can understand the NPF to some extent because they're not well paid but i don't think staff of other government parastatls are badly paid. So, what's the source of their bitterness?

Oga MOD,please help me i cannot comment on education and business section since two weeks now. Am a good citizen of nairaland so i could not have done anything to warrant a ban. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by dridowu: 12:16pm On Sep 13, 2013
Unprofessionalism is like another name to most civil servant, i observe that during service year but the question again remains that how will YOU and I act when the opportunity arise
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2013
They are boredundecided
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by logica(m): 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Afam4eva: the way they talked to me, made my self-esteem to drop
LMAO. Your self-esteem dropped because of some a$$wipe's trash-talk?
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by DisGuy: 12:47pm On Sep 13, 2013
Afam4eva: I have been to a lot of government parastatals, from NITEL to NEPA to NPF to WAEC to Immigration office and the story is the same. Their staff have a very bad customer service. These people have no regard for human beings. They just speak to people anyhow they like like they own the person's life. There was a day i went to passport office and the way they talked to me, made my self-esteem to drop. Those people are very wicked and bitter lot.

I've always wondered why they're like this. [b]I can understand the NPF to some extent because they're not well paid [/b]but i don't think staff of other government parastatls are badly paid. So, what's the source of their bitterness?

you think if they are well paid tehy will be any better?

it's not about salary -it's just general attitude- thats the society we live in- a little bit of power and gbam, they play semi-god- yes sir yes ma

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Slyr0x: 12:48pm On Sep 13, 2013
Four times out of five, these civil servants are by far the rudest, most unkind and officious civil servants that I have seen in my life. It is like they have been inoculated with a meanness vaccine.

Once you're a civil servant, you have to work harder to get fired than to do your job to stay employed. Their positions are are quite secure and in order to get fired, one would have to commit an extremely serious offense. . .being merely rude to a citizen who needs help apparently does not qualify as a "serious offense". . .Most of these civil servants realize this and apparently enjoy taking advantage of their perceived "power".

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by kokoA(m): 12:49pm On Sep 13, 2013
The major reason is frustration..
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by bloglover(m): 12:50pm On Sep 13, 2013
I guess its because they feel that they are underpaid.
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Rexphobia(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
1. Na government work
2. Pay is not tied to performance

1 Like

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Isiterere(m): 12:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
Nigeria and Nigerian nature :
Corruption,bureaucracy couple with lack of supervision from the superior ,bad leadership by example.

ALL IZZ WELL

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by lifestyle1(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
They are not happy with their take home pay.....

+ Many of them are too lazy...
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2013
Lalala

Its because their pay isn't tied to customer service grin. The day i dare to be rude to a customer, it means I have another plush job elsewhere already.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by yuzedo: 12:53pm On Sep 13, 2013
maxwello.yg:

Yeah. Mukina2 is cool. She is loved.
yep. mukina is a sweet babes. very grate and lovely like royal tiger. i pray to entetain her in my manshun one day. smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Big4wig(m): 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
I dey come make i ask Google

*kai,no mb*
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by 4reigningqueen: 12:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
Very simple, most people are working, not because they enjoy it, but because they have no choice, hence the frustration. This is why you will see a teacher beat a student like crazy just for a minor offence.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by Lilimax(f): 12:58pm On Sep 13, 2013
Afam4eva: I have been to a lot of government parastatals, from NITEL to NEPA to NPF to WAEC to Immigration office and the story is the same.
You forgot to mention the Nurses in General Hospital angry
They don't have courtesy at all...
Good to know they are being re-orientated smiley

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by sylve11: 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
hehe. Dont knw y they r like dat, but they r just like dat. cool
Re: Why Are Workers Of Government Corporations So Rude? by 3ace(m): 12:59pm On Sep 13, 2013
It is because "ogo ta, ogo ota; owo alaru ape. Meaning that whether the Ministries or organisations make money or not, the government will always pay their salaries since the resources of the nation are at their disposal. Another reason is that there's job security with government jobs. Except you extremely crossed your boundary, people hardly get sacked. Nobody gives you target as a condition to keeping your job. In fact, there's a huge level of certainty that your job is safe till your retire so why wouldn't they misbehave?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lawyer Sues FG Over Refusal To Confirm Onnoghen As CJN / 9th Assembly Leadership: We Won’t Work With PDP, Oshiomhole Insists / APC To Begin Screening Of Presidential Hopefuls On Monday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.