Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,432 members, 7,850,524 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 12:18 AM

Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men (17149 Views)

Osun Public Servants, Retirees At Winners Chapel For Food Today (pics) / N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel / Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2013
3 private jets? :o3 private jets? Why didn't Jesus and the apostles own large ships, chariots. OMG and some idiot will come here start saying rubbish.

Tell me, how many chariots did Jesus, paul, peter, the prophets, how did they have?

Jesus says give unto ceaser what is ceaser's, why the evasion of tax now, oh, for missionary works abi?? Nonsense
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by judedwriter(m): 10:21am On Sep 07, 2013
When Jesus was told to pay tax, he told peter to catch a fish n in it's mouth he will find money 2 pay his tax; if Jesus knew d importance of tax-paying, how much more winners chapel-1 of d richest churches in d world? They should stop insulting christsad

3 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Nobody: 10:21am On Sep 07, 2013
L.M Ayedun..:
Some people just like to give christianity a bad name.
Why fight in the house of God, are the church workers thugs or fighters??
You can't fight for God, don't they preach that in their church?
SMH!!
Are they fighting for God or their ''daddy''?How can a sane human beign refer to paying more than a million naira school fees as God's mercy
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Delafruita(m): 10:22am On Sep 07, 2013
SUBMARINE: Although Christ told us to pay our tax, I believe a wise govt should avoid taxing businesses of religious organizations, seeing it as their way of apprenciating God's mercy.
this is idiotic.a school that charges 200k for JSS1 students shouldnt be taxed?damn what kinda people are these

www.faithacademyportal.com

189k for school fees.

10k for PTA

and the students still buy a gazillion things to bring to the school
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by rodbel(m): 10:23am On Sep 07, 2013
SUBMARINE: Yes we must pay our taxes just as Jesus instructed us. But may I ask the ogun state govt, the air they breath do they pay for it.? Lets be wise enough to avoid unknowing showing ungratefulness to God.

Any virtual slap emoticon please?

Tell Oyedepo the air you breath is free so you can attend his schools free aii.

6 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by sammhi(m): 10:25am On Sep 07, 2013
the school is wrong not to pay tax. however, I feel pained that the government of ACN has nothing to show as benefit for taxes paid by individuals. Rather these taxes are used for personal benefits and luxuriant excessive lifestyles of the politicians and government officials with no benefit to the individual tax payer...no good roads, no water, no light, no social welfare, education and health is solely borne by individuals ...the list goes on..
In advance countries, u start to enjoy the benefit of taxes as soon as you are born up to your death.... so it is criminal for you to have enjoyed these benefits and not pay taxes when you are now of age and working ..in any case over there also, by the age of 65 years you start to enjoy benefit of taxes also in return...
Here in Nigeria, the government officials and politicians steals both oil money and taxes and yet the tax paying citizens has no benefit whatsoever.
the school should pay not because you are willing or because you know the tax monies are used judiciously but because the bible says we should do so......
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Nobody: 10:26am On Sep 07, 2013
SUBMARINE: Yes we must pay our taxes just as Jesus instructed us. But may I ask the ogun state govt, the air they breath do they pay for it.? Lets be wise enough to avoid unknowing showing ungratefulness to God.
u are contradicting yourself, sire...with a dumb comment.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Delafruita(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2013
sammhi: the school is wrong not to pay tax. however, I feel pained that the government of ACN has nothing to show as benefit for taxes paid by individuals. Rather these taxes are used for personal benefits and luxuriant excessive lifestyles of the politicians and government officials with no benefit to the individual tax payer...no good roads, no water, no light, no social welfare, education and health is solely borne by individuals ...the list goes on..
In advance countries, u start to enjoy the benefit of taxes as soon as you are born up to your death.... so it is criminal for you to have enjoyed these benefits and not pay taxes when you are now of age and working ..in any case over there also, by the age of 65 years you start to enjoy benefit of taxes also in return...
Here in Nigeria, the government officials and politicians steals both oil money and taxes and yet the tax paying citizens has no benefit whatsoever.
the school should pay not because you are willing or because you know the tax monies are used judiciously but because the bible says we should do so......
what's this one saying

2 Likes

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by ThaProphet(m): 10:28am On Sep 07, 2013
Holy ghost slap....lmao

Most of these churches are tax havens. They all need to be investigated. Imagine a church running a school for profit, it is no longer a charity organisation.

koonbey: After taxing the "Sheep" to build the School,charging obscene amounts there;they begin giving "holy Ghost Slap"s to Government Officials who come to collect what is due unto the Government. undecided
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Ninilowo(m): 10:29am On Sep 07, 2013
stagger:

Have you ever been accosted by tax officials anywhere? If you have, you won't come here talking rubbish!
Gbam! those tax pple and VIOs are government backed thugs. I hate them with passion.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by ThaProphet(m): 10:32am On Sep 07, 2013
Bros, but the issue of what the government does with the tax is a separate issue.

sammhi: the school is wrong not to pay tax. however, I feel pained that the government of ACN has nothing to show as benefit for taxes paid by individuals. Rather these taxes are used for personal benefits and luxuriant excessive lifestyles of the politicians and government officials with no benefit to the individual tax payer...no good roads, no water, no light, no social welfare, education and health is solely borne by individuals ...the list goes on..
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 07, 2013
shugacaneman: Are they fighting for the Lord?
NO!!!!!!!!!! Nobody fight for our God almighty, but our heavenly father fight for himself. Not like our M.U.S.L.I.M people who fight 4 dem god.
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by loswhite(m): 10:40am On Sep 07, 2013
SUBMARINE: Although Christ told us to pay our tax, I believe a wise govt should avoid taxing businesses of religious organizations, seeing it as their way of apprenciating God's mercy.
dumbest post

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by loswhite(m): 10:42am On Sep 07, 2013
illiteracy is a disease

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by anyaekekehinde(m): 10:48am On Sep 07, 2013
ThaProphet: Bros, but the issue of what the government does with the tax is a separate issue.

I am not supporting any party here, but i beg to disagree that what the government does with the tax is a separate issue. No its not. what are they using the tax money for?. but it seems logical for you to ask what the church is also using the profit(If there is any) made from the school for. but i cant talk about that because i dont attend winners
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by sanandreas(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2013
They should pay their tax joor. six years haba. Dem go gree free sch fees for one term? Mtcheew give to ceasar wat belongs to ceasar.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by loswhite(m): 10:52am On Sep 07, 2013
the church is as corrupt as the government. So there is no difference, they should just pay up. Dats alllllll
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by tallceejay(m): 10:54am On Sep 07, 2013
doctokwus: I feel 2 things might av happened heresad1) d ogun internal revenue guys wud,as is typical of any employee in nigeria working for any kind of govt authority,av gone in wt an overbearing attitude(2)d church staff workers wud av felt d whole thing was personal,d target dey feel being 2 tarnish d name of oyedepo;hence dey wud av also acted in an inappropriate& overzealous manner,2 ward off d tax guys.At d end both sides I feel were @fault,both sides need to go back to d drawing board& restrategize because this is just d prologue,d main act wud follow anytime soon,unless one side decides to back down

Smart thinking buddy! wink
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by victokafor(m): 10:55am On Sep 07, 2013
Haaaa End time tinzzz...
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by cachal: 11:00am On Sep 07, 2013
To be sincere tax officials in Nigeria are goat-like, especially those ones that stays on the high way..
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by tallceejay(m): 11:04am On Sep 07, 2013
Delafruita: how did his asset become so large?irrespective of how large his assets are,should the government be deprived of its due?besides acording to the report below,they owed for over 7years.so in seven years,daddy G. O never bothers to know that a school founded by his church which charges almost 200,000 naira for a JSS1 student hasnt paid taxes.

"What they owed is below two million naira,it is from 2003 to 2010.We have sent several notices to them.The first one was in 2010 followed by that of 2011 and the last was in May 2013.Our men were explaining to them when some personnel including their legal officer and accountant came out and in the course of discussion,our men were beaten blue black and our equipment were destroyed"

I beg to say this...with all due respect. Your account is so one sided..."in the course of discussion,our men were beaten blue black and our equipment were destroyed" will anyone just started being anoda blue black in the course of a discussion??

I've witnessed a visitation by tax officials, I'd say they r arguable d worst set of people to deal with! People think VIO is wicked ?? Wait and meet with diz tax guys!

No doubt, taxes must be paid. Even the bible advices that. I'd say, someone was provoked and it ensused in physical assault, both parties were wrong.
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Iaz93: 11:05am On Sep 07, 2013
This post is just irritating. Do you reason at all? You need an everlasting ban.

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by passionate88: 11:05am On Sep 07, 2013
They are winners na, dm like to fight. Bishop fought the witch with a holy slap, so d members suppose follow suite
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by ThaProphet(m): 11:07am On Sep 07, 2013
Of course you are right. What the government does with our taxes is important and should be challenged just like we challenge the churches. That said, this topic is not about that. The brother/sister I quoted was shifting the focus of the thread in his/her argument by talking about a side issue. That is why I said what I said.

anyaekekehinde:

I am not supporting any party here, but i beg to disagree that what the government does with the tax is a separate issue. No its not. what are they using the tax money for?. but it seems logical for you to ask what the church is also using the profit(If there is any) made from the school for. but i cant talk about that because i dont attend winners
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Urine: 11:07am On Sep 07, 2013

Really?
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Standing5(m): 11:09am On Sep 07, 2013
Jobless tax collectors.
What does the sch benefit from the government? They pay light bills, produce their own water, tar their own road.
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by SUBMARINE: 11:12am On Sep 07, 2013
Must u guys insult me because of my opinion. Those insulting me did I say they shouldnt pay tax.? No, what I did is to appeal to the govt to see religious bodies as partners in development and probably insist they provide affordable best of services.
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by hohafrank(m): 11:12am On Sep 07, 2013
hardywaltz: The way and manner Nigerian Churches behaves makes me believe we are in end tym era talked about in the bible
Read in between lines.The tread only mentioned school not church.
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by SUBMARINE: 11:14am On Sep 07, 2013
Must u guys insult me because of my opinion. Those insulting me did I say they shouldnt pay tax.? No, what I did is to appeal to the govt to see religious bodies as partners in development and probably insist they provide affordable best of services...
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by free2ryhme: 11:15am On Sep 07, 2013
If Jesus whom dey claim to serve pay taxes they have no right to manhandle tax officers Matthew 17:24-27, Matthew 22:15-22. Regarding the paying of taxes, Paul couldn't make it any clearer in Romans 13:5-7:

Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also because of conscience. This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God's servants, who give their full time to governing. Give everyone what you owe him: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor. (NIV)
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by tallceejay(m): 11:15am On Sep 07, 2013
passionate88: They are winners na, dm like to fight. Bishop fought the witch with a holy slap, so d members suppose follow suite

I feel like just calling u d 4letter word dat starts with d letter 'f' and ends with 'L'. It also has a double vowel in d middle lipsrsealed
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by ThaProphet(m): 11:21am On Sep 07, 2013
C'mon brother, you said:

"Although Christ told us to pay our tax, I believe a wise govt should avoid taxing businesses of religious organizations, seeing it as their way of apprenciating God's mercy"

You said the government should "avoid taxing businesses of religious organizations". You definately implied that church businesses should not pay taxes

SUBMARINE: Must u guys insult me because of my opinion. Those insulting me did I say they shouldnt pay tax.? No, what I did is to appeal to the govt to see religious bodies as partners in development and probably insist they provide affordable best of services.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigeria Spends N120bn Annually To Keep Refineries Idle ― Petroleum Engineers / FG To Transport Petroleum Products By Rail System / Zamfara: Bandits Rape Our Wives, Daughters For Failing To Pay N2m Levy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.