Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,177 members, 7,829,220 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 09:53 PM

Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men (17141 Views)

Osun Public Servants, Retirees At Winners Chapel For Food Today (pics) / N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel / Oshiomhole Appoints Ex-Convict As Edo State Tax Collector General (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by tallceejay(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
Cityguy:
If the school had paid up in the first instance, there would not have been basis for alleged 'provocation'

So every defaulter shud be provoked ? That's ur advice ?
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by cold(m): 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
The greed of these so called God of men is insatiable. They're just like the Red Sea,keep collecting & accumulating without giving back to society even when it is obligatory to do so. All it would have taken was for Oyedepo to give the word for the taxes to be cleared lest his name be dragged through the mud & it would be paid up to the last kobo in the blink of an eye. Because at the end of the day,the buck still stops at his table just like the president takes the blame for any societal ill irrespective of whether it's his fault or not. But nooo he'd rather turn a blind eye,feign ignorance & flaunt his usual Naija 'do they who i am' mentality. Seriously,what is there to learn from these Christians?
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Cityguy: 5:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
shejane: U dot come in d house of God nd act anyhw if nt d workers wil discipline u, living faith workers both church nd school ar trained 2b disciplined so der dot take trash because der ar xtians, dose tax officers lack manners nd way 2 speak 2 pple so der helped dem 2 train dem a little.
I wanted to comment but on a second thought, I realised it may not be understood lipsrsealed
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Cityguy: 5:55pm On Sep 07, 2013
tallceejay:

So every defaulter shud be provoked ? That's ur advice ?
Sorry, what's ur drift?
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by tallceejay(m): 6:38pm On Sep 07, 2013
Cityguy:
Sorry, what's ur drift?

That's a continuing statement, read d statement that preceeded that. Thanks
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Emmyteam(m): 6:54pm On Sep 07, 2013
Winner's chapel here nd there. Y can't you people go and open your own church
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by loco4love: 9:00pm On Sep 07, 2013
niggeria we hate thee,

The system of wickedness and corruption is dying like an aids patient. Freedom is on the horizon and only the brave will see the dawning of the New Age of Justice.

Nigeria= Nigger + area

Even the name of the country is a racist slur. We should not try to save NiGGERIA. We seek its destruction.

Freedom by any means necessary is the motto. Ife-Ile will rise again.

Eshomodo.
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by WENGERNOMICS(m): 9:43pm On Sep 07, 2013
omenka:
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/144275-winners-chapels-school-in-tax-evasion-mess-as-staff-assault-ogun-tax-officials.html

Ignorance can kill......all educational institutions are exempt from tax.....primary, secondary,university or private... Except it is the Pay as you earn (PAYE) they were requesting for,then this story is a sham....

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by mfm04622: 9:53pm On Sep 07, 2013
SUBMARINE: Although Christ told us to pay our tax, I believe a wise govt should avoid taxing businesses of religious organizations, seeing it as their way of apprenciating God's mercy.
? :

Did you read the post at all? The tax was for the SCHOOL!

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by lokomania1111(m): 1:14am On Sep 08, 2013
[quote author=tejpot]Show us the video before we believe you[]abeg watch 4 ogtv news or log on to ogtv news . Com
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by BinghiNya(m): 8:35am On Sep 08, 2013
If it were muslims that did this we for no hear word, christians and double standards
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by hapson: 8:54am On Sep 08, 2013
It so myopic to think that collecting taxes for the devt. Of any society is ungodly. I don't know when, where and how the supreme task of the church has turned to commercial activities that is not to the benefit of the church, in the days of the Apostles they sold all they have for the Gospel, but today they are selling the gospel with the definition of God's blessings. A foundation that is laid on a faulty ground must bring shame, disgrace, scandal distractions, that is why, by their fruits we shall know them. All these investments are the fruits of the ministry going by what we have here.
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by mko2005: 11:10am On Sep 08, 2013
plusfield: I have come to notice that once their's a slight altercation or news involving a church of God, we(especially christians) are quick to pass negative judgment on that church. It is more saddening that you can hardly see a muslim make such derogatory comments on islamic clerics and alfas,they respect their leaders. Because of this our new found attitude towards the church,journalists now look for negative scoops that will create sensational headlines for them. Please let's not take this grace too far. Let's atleast copy the muslims on respect for their leaders.
Reading this news piece,it was the school authorities that attacked the state officials but when the chairman read the press statement,he had to include the church as part of those that attacked them just to make more headline and attract wider attention.
I am most certain that these tax officials like every other government agency had gone there exhibitting a high level of high handedness. In Lagos,you see them everywhere,Lastma,kai, even local govt touts who now impound cars too. Its as if they can do and undo once they have a little government backing. They are the accuser,judge and abitter once you fall into their trap.Ogun state seems to be getting worse in this by the day.
Let's not be quick to judge without hearing the side of the school authorities(not even the church). Let's not be quick to drag the church's name into the mud. And those christians who blindly argue that churches must pay tax, how often do you see talks about mosques or alfas paying tax by muslims?

I don't know who you are but i know that you are a growing Christian ! You are spiritually sound ! They said School authorities and people are here saying church. Another said becos the church owns the school and i told him that muslims and atheists are also teachers in some of these christian schools as we have also muslim students.
Some are ignorant but some here know but becos they aren't of that denomination or members of the church,they allow the devil to use them against the holy spirit.
Talking about tax,do you think that if Government pass a law that churches should start paying tax we the church will not be able to pay? There are people like me in churches who can pay such taxes for the church 10yrs upfront. Or do you think that by the time churches start paying taxes Nigeria's problem will be over,may be they will pay the money into ur accounts as the proponents of church taxation ! The tax u,I and organization hav been paying,what has the government done with it ?
Jesus encouraged us to pay the government tax (Caesar' tax) as individuals which we all pay toaday by the grace of God but not as a 'church'(synagogue) ! He paid the synagogue's tax,(temple tax)which is the tax initiated by moses for temple upkeep even though HE was not suppose to pay it. To ask the church to pay tax will mean injustice for we have been taxed already as individuals !
Why tax a church ? They sell goods and services right ! The church does not have a steady or cumpulsory means of generating cash ! You might say in tight ! -How many of us are faithful tithers ? How many churches encourage their members to tithe and how many discuss it and even make it compulsory ? Even if it has been preached in one or two churches to be compulsory,which one of them will take action against ering members ? Even if you take action on tithe defaulters,what kind of action will it be ?Legal or may be expulsion ! Members of the churches that tithe today can stop tithing tomorrow !
May be churches should be taxed based on the offerings they receive ! wink This morning i gave 50 naira as offering in my church grin Na him Government one collect again !
To tax churches will be like taxing social clubs and town meetings ! But if you care,i think the church can give it to you without shakings !

God help us

1 Like

Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Nobody: 5:38pm On Sep 08, 2013
software man: Waiting for response from the church? Of course you can guess what it will be. They won't address the real issues. What they would most likely do is to play the religious card or look for some kind of extraneous sentiment to cling to.
That is nigeria for you. People break the law and still play the victim, before you know it nobody will be discussing the'real causative reasons again as the discussion would have turned religious or ethnic.
your post really does reek of what obtains in a creche class.. it means that,by your tata of a post, whatever explanation the church gives should be immediately discarded for no reason whatsoever..nobody condones the acts of violence anywhere espdcially in the house or environment of God as it were but its such an ordeal and quite disgusting dealing with and handling touts,miscreants and area boys in the employ of govt's revenue agencies..there are lotsa of them in lagos LGAs..
Damage beyond repair,see what am talkin about..
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by experience16: 6:22pm On Sep 08, 2013
He said winners chapel is one(1) of the richest churches in the world and not the richest church in the world. Do you have comprehension problem?
Re: Winners Chapel Workers Fight Ogun State Tax Men by Babat1: 9:57pm On Sep 08, 2013
It is a pity that goverment of Ogun state has recruited a lot of tout and thugs, I AM NOT a member of winner chapel but unfortunate I just went to Winners Chapel filling station to fill my car but the uniform men from Tax office of OG state locked the gate against everybody. Behold I was suppose to resume duty in my office and we were for for more than 2 hours. I believe there should be a better way to address the issue rather than suffering the innocent ones.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Breaking!!! Umaru Fintiri Emerges PDP Flag Bearer. / Buhari, APC Governors To Attend Uzodimma’s Campaign Flag Off In Imo State Today / Igbos In Canada Condemns Attack On Ekweremadu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.