Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,858 members, 7,813,925 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:43 PM

N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel (40534 Views)

Ekiti Guber Election:Army Panel Submits Report, Recommends Compulsory Retirement / Ministerial Screening: Fashola Indicts Himself Before The Senate / Impeachment: Panel Indicts Nyako, Absolves Deputy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Maxymilliano(m): 3:10pm On Aug 10, 2013

Says Church gets N11m in two instalments

Popular pentecostal church with headquarters in Ota, Living Faith Church has been named as one of the beneficiaries of the N150 million over which Colonel Robert  Ahangba (N/9827) was convicted on Tuesday by an Army Court Martial for allegedly defrauding the government of Bayelsa State.

The Army officer was alleged to have used the name of the late National Security Adviser, General Andrew Owoye Azazi to swing the deal during the administration of former governor of Bayelsa, Timipre Sylva.

Speaking while delivering judgement on a four count charge prefered against the Colonel, President of the court martial, Brig.Gen. Edward Nze said that the officer donated N11 million to the church in two instalments of N9 million and N2 million.

Other beneficiaries of the Colonel’s largesse were two messengers in the Bayelsa State Government House who were allegedly given N500,000 each, an Army officer who he gave N5 million for welfare and an unknown lady who met him in a bank where he allegedly directed that she should be given N8 million.

Giving more insight on how the money was disbursed, General Edward Nze said
“The sum of N25,000,000 was traced to Account number: 0000775163 in Union Bank. The sum of N30,790,000 was traced to Account Number: 0000730707 in Union Bank and N29,500,000 traced to Account number 0001800406 also in Union Bank. In First Bank, the sum of N48,055,654 was traced to Account Number 2011252278 and in First Bank Registrars the sum of N13.5 million was also traced”.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/n150m-loot-army-panel-indicts-winners-chapel/

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by abdulaz: 3:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Givers never lack, takers always ask.

6 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ojubi(m): 3:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
That is covenant wealth according to OYEDEPO.
Imagine the kind of praise this thief would receive the day he paid this money in church.
The fake pastor would have invoked all the fake blessings on earth to the army thief in the name of giving to God as if God needs money.

70 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Provie(m): 3:40pm On Aug 10, 2013
D bible said we shud honor d Lord wit our substance, & our suficiency from RIGHTEOUS labour. Until our churches bgin 2 raise serios questions about d source of d so called tithes, offerings & donations being pumped 2 dem, our society wont get beta.

52 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Degis(m): 5:05pm On Aug 10, 2013
mens dept:

Lol!!!! Oyedepo is a fake pastor deceiving fools like yourself. Big deal my foot

When your Catholic Church was indicted in the Bank PHB scandal, you slowpokes kept quiet. Do I need to blame you?.. Your Mother did not tell you how to comport yourself in a public forum

32 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Danhumprey: 5:46pm On Aug 10, 2013
Winner Chapel in the limelight again! And this time,for the wrong reason! I weep for the Church of this age. It's difficult to find a genuine church in this Age. As for the thief,he should be made to cough out every kobo he stole!

4 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by owolabifunke14(f): 6:13pm On Aug 10, 2013
See money shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked church again? Well mek I apply for my cut before d money reach swiss bank. I be church member

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by joe4christ(m): 6:18pm On Aug 10, 2013
hmmmmm, front page things... cheesy
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by luvablesam(m): 6:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Degis:

When your Catholic Church was indicted in the Bank PHB scandal, you slowpokes kept quiet. Do I need to blame you?.. Your Mother did not tell you how to comport yourself in a public forum

Hell No,don't bring the Catholic Church into ur arguements.Where did he mention that he was Catholic?U shld be thankful to the churches of then(Catholic et al) for the Primary education your Grand Father got n The Secondary Education your Father got(free of charge). While u are at it,remember not shout at God when u pray to him,he is not Deaf. He is a friend not a foe.

86 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by luvablesam(m): 6:24pm On Aug 10, 2013
Degis:

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ITbomb(m): 6:47pm On Aug 10, 2013
There is nowhere we are going to question everybody that gives us money unless it is obviously questionable

8 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by malc619(m): 6:52pm On Aug 10, 2013
Wetin concern Pastorpreneur and stolen wealth. The money has been sanctified and washed clean with the blood of the "Lamb"......

grin grin

22 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by StellaBella(f): 7:20pm On Aug 10, 2013
Who builds universities half of their members cannot afford.?
Who collect offerings, tithes, church building offering etc . in every service?
Who flies private jets and live in fanciful homes?

The answer is CHURCH PASTORS.

What happened to building FREE schools/ hospitlals for members
What happened to opening 24 hour FREE food Bank for members
What happened to opening FREE shelters for homeless members.
What happened to creating/ finding jobs for unemployed members

Why must they TAKE, TAKE, TAKE and TAKE without GIVING BACK.

Until all these greedy pastors start living right and speaking the truth, our leaders will never learn.

97 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by dridowu: 7:36pm On Aug 10, 2013
Touch not my anointed (Bishop Oyedepo)

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Tolexander: 7:50pm On Aug 10, 2013
E be like say me self go open church!

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by ednut1(m): 7:57pm On Aug 10, 2013
no be today
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by chinedum45(m): 8:34pm On Aug 10, 2013
Degis:

how are u sure the guy u are attacking is a catholic? Na WA oh

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by 3ace(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10, 2013
You put your reputation on the line by stealing public funds and then you started distributing it. Ode!

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Standing5(m): 8:58pm On Aug 10, 2013
mens dept:

Lol!!!! Oyedepo is a fake pastor deceiving fools like yourself. Big deal my foot
I am not here to defend or oppose anyone but how is Oyedepo and those at winners chapel suppose to know that the payer of tithe did not obtain his money the right way. Some people shouting murder here will gladly market their products to anyone with money without questioning the source.

27 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by 80million1: 9:07pm On Aug 10, 2013
speechless

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by OCTAVO: 9:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
Mstcheeeew... He donated his loot to church na!
Wetin concern winners' chapel?

3 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by nigflue: 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
This is serious. It's really unfortunate that some people will use public funds to pay there tithe and offering.
Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 9:12pm On Aug 10, 2013
Only God can save Nigeria! Things are falling apart.

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Xxpress(m): 9:13pm On Aug 10, 2013
fr3do:

what about olawale the barber,yemi the cobbler,bola his errand boy?
u don tribalize am abi...i wil get u

1 Like

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by 3ace(m): 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
I just smile each time people say pastors should scrutinise the donations of church members. How many of you will not take offence if you're being interrogated about the money you made legitimately? How many of you will maintain the initial friendly mood with which you came before being asked the question? Some things are easier said than done. Except the person is your child, it will be difficult to look the person in the eye and say "where did you get the money from?". Even if a pastor summons the courage to ask, what is the guarantee that a thief will tell you he stole it? I see no sense in pastors being indicted except it's been confirmed that such pastors connived to perfect the illegal act. The highest they can do if the pastor is not guilty is to ask for a refund. Simple!

43 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by Nobody: 9:16pm On Aug 10, 2013
Because the former NSA is no longer alive and Timipre Silva is not in the good books of PDP.

Abeg, next topic.

2 Likes

Re: N150m Loot: Army Panel Indicts Winners Chapel by GlorifiedTunde(m): 9:17pm On Aug 10, 2013
Many of u are ignorant and simply ranting like disgruntled psychopaths. Wot is 11 million naira to Winners Chapel Ota? Chicken change generated by 1 single branch in common Ibadan in 1 single service. U come open your disgusting mouth against man of God who may not even know this general attends church.

O ma se o. Many of u here will soon start using hypertension drugs on anoda church issue. Mtcheeeew! Mi o raye!

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Asari Dokubo Retrieving Palm Fruits From His Domain (Photos) / Edo Governorship Election: Results Of 751 Polling Units Still Being Expected / Igbo In Lagos Present 7-Point Demand To Ambode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.