Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,871 members, 7,828,107 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

The First Game You Played? - Gaming (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / The First Game You Played? (8788 Views)

Young NL Programmer Creates His First Game / Have You Played These Psp Games? / What's The Worst Game You Ever Played? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Game You Played? by OmniSparrow: 6:34pm On Sep 13, 2013
Best game on sega was Sunset riders in my opinion. Can't forget d soundtracks.
Re: The First Game You Played? by Georgesmartt(m): 6:54pm On Sep 13, 2013
Waww, its good to know dat I'v had the same childhood wit lots of pple out there, back to post; The first video game I played is Contra 8 in rinko on a black & white TV, I can't forget MK3, Turtle Ninja, Double Dragon, super sonic, super star soccer on SEGA, Alladin, super sonic, I love Tank!, super Mario, Xena, street fighter, the list goes on.

Right Now I play GTA IV, Call of Duty, Need for speed, Prince of persia, Winning Eleven, Solitaire, Sex in the City, Lord of the rings.
Re: The First Game You Played? by Georgesmartt(m): 6:55pm On Sep 13, 2013
Waww, its good to know dat I'v had the same childhood wit lots of pple out there, back to post; The first video game I played is Contra 8 in rinko on a black & white TV, I can't forget MK3, Turtle Ninja, Double Dragon, super sonic, super star soccer on SEGA, Alladin, super sonic, I love Tank!, super Mario, Xena, street fighter, the list goes on.

Right Now I play GTA IV, Call of Duty, Need for speed, Prince of persia, Winning Eleven, Solitaire, Sex in the City, Lord of the rings all on my Laptop
Re: The First Game You Played? by frfrank(m): 7:22pm On Sep 13, 2013
Tinko tinko
Re: The First Game You Played? by Testerfuze(m): 8:04pm On Sep 13, 2013
Mine was sega's street of rages:bare knuckle....ɪ̣̝̇ lov d game die.
Re: The First Game You Played? by ireneidiva(f): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2013
My first ps2 game was destruction derby! Cool car race!
Re: The First Game You Played? by globatop: 9:30pm On Sep 13, 2013
Black Peni5: cool

I remember this very wella
http:///kG3DQC
Re: The First Game You Played? by optimusprime2(m): 9:51pm On Sep 13, 2013
my first video Game Comsole was an Atari, my Dad brought out the game freak in me. *NB* anyone who startedout with an Atari, belongs to the Original Generation of Video Gamers... lol
I later proceeded to the 8bit Game consoles i.e Ending Man, with Yie ar Kung-fu, and Super Mario bros.
Then to Sega Genesis and lateron Dreamcast with Sonic the Hedgehog.
Then to SNES- (kai mheeeen the days of Super Nintendo, who remembers Killer Instinct?), had a 1st generation Gameboy, then a Nintendo 64 eventually.
Then Came the Rise of the Playstations, 1, 2, and 3 with X-box battling Side byside....
kai those daaaaaayyyyysssss...
Re: The First Game You Played? by MuyiGL: 11:43pm On Sep 13, 2013
Emmyk: Sega Games (Family con). Awa daddy bought it for us in 2001. cheesy

Mario was the first game I played.

And in 2002, my first encounter with Game Boy Color (yellow). Usinq two 1.5V batteries. My brother and I would dry the battery in hot sun and re-use, buy batteries almost everyday. We fought so many times over this game. The only catridge we had was soccer, and it was hell of fun!

Soccer was the second game.

Here is the picture of the gameboy color.

So, how about you?

Sega is not Family Com.
Re: The First Game You Played? by Ojukwu24(m): 12:15am On Sep 14, 2013
Mario on NES (Nintendo) and Game Boy (the old one ooo) and then Mortal Kombat and Jungle Book on Sega Game Gear.
Re: The First Game You Played? by oluamid(m): 12:18am On Sep 14, 2013
Mario on "Family Com" and then that funny soccer we nicknamed "sekere".
Re: The First Game You Played? by mofiyin2009(m): 12:32am On Sep 14, 2013
Prince of persia in monochrome on MS-DOS configured pc
and
street fighter on SNES
Re: The First Game You Played? by Kaycee7(m): 6:34am On Sep 14, 2013
sniperwolf:

I'm bad with Scorpion. My younger brother is 'badder' with Kabal
I will neuter ur Scorpion with Smoke and your younger bro's Kabal with Classic Sub-Zero.
Re: The First Game You Played? by saintdeby(m): 8:10am On Sep 14, 2013
bojuboju play
Re: The First Game You Played? by Peterock0009: 10:12am On Sep 14, 2013
tinko tinko, tinkoko tinko, tinko tinko, etc...lol
Re: The First Game You Played? by 3RNEST(m): 10:41am On Sep 14, 2013
Lol...funny games..mine is super mario, DUBE DUBE DUBE...thats how it's sound back then!! grin
Re: The First Game You Played? by bknight: 1:06pm On Sep 14, 2013
kevd4all: It was paperboy on atari...then slowly graduated to NES (Mario) then SNES (streetfighter, yoshi's island, ISS Deluxe, killer instinct) then Sega (ballz, sonic the hedgedog, MK), Playstation (winning eleven, Mission impossible, 007, WWE smackdown, Tekken, Syphon filter) PS 2 (PES, Winning 11, Metal Gear Solid) PS3(Fifa 2013 onlysmiley

cheesy that mad azz KI game on gameboy that'll give maad hit combos, I once saw a 99hit combo...beating eyedol stamping his foot was baaaad! cool
Re: The First Game You Played? by elder05(m): 2:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
Started wit 8 bites marco-genius in 96 then moved to 16 bites sega mega drive. Can still remember some moves in mortal kombat. XAXBCZCZAAXX liu kan's brutality
Re: The First Game You Played? by awaeardfdfrfd: 7:01pm On Sep 14, 2013
Black Peni5: cool
. Wth is that an atari? how old are you ?
Re: The First Game You Played? by PAQ(m): 8:22am On Sep 15, 2013
My first Console was an Atari. I got it from my dad in the mid 80's, I remember us playing together, games like: tennis, centipede, joust, fishing... I have followed the gaming evolution from 4bit graphics to what we have today..... My list of consoles owned over d years are: Atari, Amiga, Nintendo game boy, Sega Genesis, a Chinese Sega rippoff with wireless control pads, Sega game gear, Sega Dream cast, xbox and Play station 2&3, and.... Tons of pc's and phones (they are also great gaming machines)

1 Like

Re: The First Game You Played? by ibiso1986: 10:01pm On Sep 15, 2013
Artlove:
Exactly wat i played. I play 2 many game especially PS2. Men resident evil 2 bad oh
e be like say u never try resident evil 4 on ps2.. U will enjoy it.. Its the only ps2 game with ps3 graphics
Re: The First Game You Played? by oluamid(m): 10:35pm On Sep 15, 2013
I remember my secondary school days, I was nicknamed "Smoke" by my schoolmates cos of the way I can cause destruction on Mortal Kombat with smoke on Nitendo and Sega.

Can't forget "Smoke wins. Flawless victory".

1 Like

Re: The First Game You Played? by rezy15(m): 9:30am On Sep 22, 2013
Cyberbunk gaming on whatsapp is a real time community where we swap ideas, advertise games make game sales and exchange gaming experiences. We also hv a game modder in d house. Drop ur number to be added and begin chatting with like minded shooters and looters in real-time.
Re: The First Game You Played? by noob03saibot(m): 9:49pm On Oct 07, 2014
spade:
The first game I ever handled was "brick game" as a kid. I remember it had in-built games like "Crossing the road" and "car race" as well as "tank" and of course, the world famous Tetris. These games were depressing though cuz the only way you could end it was by "dying" - No such thing as completing the shhit. It just ends when you LOSE.

Eventually, I progressed to Nintendo which we got as a gift for finishing at the top of our respective classes. I was in primary two at the time. And I remember the games I played then were Super Mario, Donkey Kong and this game called "Contra Force".

Primary 4 was when I advanced to Sega Mega Drive 2 grin. The games I played then were Mortal Kombat 3 (most especially), ISS (International Superstar Soccer), one super-difficult game like that called "Sunset Riders", and Street Fighter. Me and my elder brother dey steadily exchange blows over who go handle game controller back then grin - Infact, at a point, my mom seized the game and kept it locked in her dressing drawer until we learned to share.

In my Primary 5, Popsie brought one of the computers he was using in his office (since he had replaced them with more advanced ones) to our house. It was a Windows 95 Computer, running on IBM, and that was when we started playing games like Doom 95, Duke Nukem, Commander Keen, Wolfenstein 3D, Cosmo's Cosmic Adventures, Prince of Persia (DOS version ooo!), Billy The Kid, and my favourite, Hocus Pocus grin

JSS 1 was when I moved to PlayStation grin - Games like Super Mario Brothers, Resident Evil, Tekken, Star Wars and FIFA 01 and Gran Turismo na regular games I dey play then.

PS 2 and the rest na just advancements over the years.

I was recently opportuned to visit a site galled Dosgames.com where I could download old DosGames and play them in my computer, and it's amazing to see the stark difference between then and now.
Comparing my favorite DOS Game Hocus Pocus (which is just at 992 Kilobytes) and games I have now like Grand Theft Auto IV (7 Gigabytes!) - Meeeeehn! We've really come a long way.

I still enjoy playing my old DOS Games on my computer every now and then sha... Nostalgia tinz grin

Similar to my childhood, used to fight with my brothers to take turn to play. And yes I remember wolfenstein 3d, God I loved that game to death. I remember killing adolf hitler at the end of dark secret. And then doom, a game that I never finished despite using cheats for it. Those were the days before I started playing playstation. God bless this thread, m nearly in tears.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Thatboijude / What To Consider Before Buying Ps4 Console ? / I Want To Copy Video To My Psp, How Will I Do It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.