Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,793 members, 7,824,313 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 (101427 Views)

CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Davo93(m): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2013
The problem with most of you is that you don't follow our national football closely. The 4-1 win for Nigeria was during the CHAN qualifier which was prosecuted by the home base eagles. It was in the return leg they(Cote d'Ivoire) consoled themselves with a 2-0 win over the Super Eagles.

So as things stand now, we are playing the Bukina Faso guys on Tuesday with the normal squad and not home base eagles. I think the idea behind this game is to get a better ranking and prepare ahead before the draws for the playoff for qualifier next week Monday. Nonetheless, i would have preferred we play Cameroun other than Bukina Faso because its been long we met and they could be playing with a new style and also Bukina Faso get the better advantages of this game than us in terms of what to gain.

Nigeria will be in port A with Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Algeria and Cape Verde while port B has Senegal, Egypt, Bukina Faso, Cameroun and Ethiopia meaning we can only be drawn with any of the port B sides PROVIDED there are no changes in the FIFA ranking for African teams before then.

Goodluck all the way to the Super Eagles and pray we make it to Brazil next year!!!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by sobaemma(m): 8:00am On Sep 09, 2013
PEOPLE DONT SEEm TO UNDERSTAND WHY NIGERIA IS PLAYING AGAINST BURKINA FASO,ACCORDING TO FIFA, THE FIVE 'SEEDED TEAM'MEANS THE BEST TEAMS(which will be announce on sept 12) WILL FACE THE LOWER FIVE TO BELOW,PLAYING AGAINST BURKINAFASO AND GETTING A WIN WILL DEFINETLY MAKE US ONE OF THE FIRST FIVE SEEDED TEAMS AND MAKE US AVOID POWER HOUSE TEAMS,BUT I JUST PRAY EGYPT, GHANA,CAMEROON MAKES IT AMONG THE SEEDED TEAM SO WE CAN AVOID TO PLAY THEM.egypt in paticular no be come chop o,we lucky say them no come nations cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 09, 2013
mencade5: i have 3 words to say.

When will nigeria friendly end?
WHen is the time?
I guess it is nigeria tinz.
dis boy don kolo o..lols...still sayin end tym tinz...check d end of each statement=end time tinz....lmaoooooo.....ur own don end today

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Krasid(m): 8:27am On Sep 09, 2013
sobaemma: PEOPLE DONT SEEm TO UNDERSTAND WHY NIGERIA IS PLAYING AGAINST BURKINA FASO,ACCORDING TO FIFA, THE FIVE 'SEEDED TEAM'MEANS THE BEST TEAMS(which will be announce on sept 12) WILL FACE THE LOWER FIVE TO BELOW,PLAYING AGAINST BURKINAFASO AND GETTING A WIN WILL DEFINETLY MAKE US ONE OF THE FIRST FIVE SEEDED TEAMS AND MAKE US AVOID POWER HOUSE TEAMS,BUT I JUST PRAY EGYPT, GHANA,CAMEROON MAKES IT AMONG THE SEEDED TEAM SO WE CAN AVOID TO PLAY THEM.egypt in paticular no be come chop o,we lucky say them no come nations cup
Cameroon and Egypt will not be among the seeded teams, because they are very far behind in the FIFA rankings.So, Nigeria might be meeting one of those two.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Smooyis(m): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2013
Davo93: The problem with most of you is that you don't follow our national football closely. The 4-1 win for Nigeria was during the CHAN qualifier which was prosecuted by the home base eagles. It was in the return leg they(Cote d'Ivoire) consoled themselves with a 2-0 win over the Super Eagles.

So as things stand now, we are playing the Bukina Faso guys on Tuesday with the normal squad and not home base eagles. I think the idea behind this game is to get a better ranking and prepare ahead before the draws for the playoff for qualifier next week Monday. Nonetheless, i would have preferred we play Cameroun other than Bukina Faso because its been long we met and they could be playing with a new style and also Bukina Faso get the better advantages of this game than us in terms of what to gain.

Nigeria will be in port A with Cote d'Ivoire, Ghana, Algeria and Cape Verde while port B has Senegal, Egypt, Bukina Faso, Cameroun and Ethiopia meaning we can only be drawn with any of the port B sides PROVIDED there are no changes in the FIFA ranking for African teams before then.

Goodluck all the way to the Super Eagles and pray we make it to Brazil next year!!!
Will all or most of our problems be solved if we qualify for Brazil 2014? Youths lets face the real issues. First thing first!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by RayMcBlue(m): 8:39am On Sep 09, 2013
El Guapo and honeric01, both of you need to hide you heads in shame for not knowing your national team's last 5 games, and trying to ridicule a guy that was trying to educate you on the matter.

Emmysteve, don't mind them, they are just too ignorant to realize the full implication of their respective states.

Davo93, thanks for the detailed clarification.

Davo93: The problem with most of you is that you don't follow our national football closely. The 4-1 win for Nigeria was during the CHAN qualifier which was prosecuted by the home base eagles. It was in the return leg they(Cote d'Ivoire) consoled themselves with a 2-0 win over the Super Eagles.

Peace out!

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by seaman007: 8:51am On Sep 09, 2013
kamez: His Royal wowoness.... Ichie chukwudalu BANCE

Guy u bad oo
I showed the pix to my little baby
I she ran away
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Aerocrystals(m): 10:53am On Sep 09, 2013
Mpeace :
Big lie. There's nothing like that. Even the NFF knows nothing about this friendly. Secondly, burkina faso dey play south africa that day. So I wonder who fix this match.
it has already been confirmed by NFF..so no need 2 strt unecesary arguement!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Tonylyte(m): 11:06am On Sep 09, 2013
banega: hey, for now we have to face african sides. Until we qualify for the world cup propa.. Cuz its fellow african teams we'd play through out qualification!

I lyk d way naija gurls analyses football...naija gurls una head dey there!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Tonylyte(m): 11:11am On Sep 09, 2013
Smooyis: Will all or most of our problems be solved if we qualify for Brazil 2014? Youths lets face the real issues. First thing first!

mortal! We not qualifying 4 d wrld-cup is biggest problem i will hav. Do u knw wat it means?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by laplace19(m): 11:19am On Sep 09, 2013
The score line will be. Nig 1 vs 0 Bur.Faso.

LIKE if you believe!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Lateef9961(m): 11:28am On Sep 09, 2013
laplace19: The score line will be. Nig 1 vs 0 Bur.Faso.

LIKE if you believe!!
stop writting thrash jor

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by babakol(m): 11:39am On Sep 09, 2013
na wash!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by MrMac10(m): 11:41am On Sep 09, 2013
Ayire: 1 word : bance grin
Naija 4-0 Bance
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 12:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ray McBlue: El Guapo and honeric01, both of you need to hide you heads in shame for not knowing your national team's last 5 games, and trying to ridicule a guy that was trying to educate you on the matter.

Emmysteve, don't mind them, they are just too ignorant to realize the full implication of their respective states.

Peace out!

i wont mind them, i watch them display their level of ignorance about super super eagles

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by sobaemma(m): 12:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
I forsee moses not playing this match because he promise that he will never play in the northern state becuase of what they(the northern)did(killed)to his parents when he was 11,i know keshi will release him immediately
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 1:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ray McBlue: El Guapo and honeric01, both of you need to hide you heads in shame for not knowing your national team's last 5 games, and trying to ridicule a guy that was trying to educate you on the matter.

Peace out!

Mr too know, do you know the difference between CHAN and CAN?

Do you know the difference between the team that played Ivory coast and the one that played Malawi two days ago?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 1:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
honeric01:

Mr too know, do you know the difference between CHAN and CAN?

Do you know the difference between the team that played Ivory coast and the one that played Malawi two days ago?
They are regarded as super eagles not home base super eagles. super eagles is super eagles regardless of wheather they are home or foreign base. Ask yourself is it not thesame coaching crew that executed the two squad?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by walexlugas08(m): 1:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
I'll urge the NNF to continue to organise friendly match and a grade(A) friendly match for them,though we're stl playing within the continent but, for developing our football and know our status,lapses,maitain football leadership,being competitive around the globe and dwell and basking in the euphoria of top team in FIFA ranking always.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 2:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
Emmysteve: They are regarded as super eagles not home base super eagles. super eagles is super eagles regardless of wheather they are home or foreign base. Ask yourself is it not thesame coaching crew that executed the two squad?

I cant waste precious time lecturing you. Only home based players can rep Nigeria in the HBSE, our main team can't rep us at the tourney this set of players go for. Though same coaching crew handles them, but they're not same nor rep us at the same tournament.

If you still don't understand the difference, then ask google or NFA
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by morisminor(m): 6:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
kamez: His Royal wowoness.... Ichie chukwudalu BANCE
dis dude xo dark nd ugly2d xtent da u cannt locate in a place lyk 9ja wia power failure has bkam an order of day #smh#
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by mmmustapha(m): 6:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
ayusco85: The match will be played in ahmadu bello stadium kaduna, its close to ma house, A̶̲̥̅♏ gon be there live. Governor is payin for all, free for all.
*dancin skelewu* i will see bance live, i must snap wit him. grin
r u sure this time he will also pay?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 6:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
The Super Eagles have landed in the city of
kaduna ahead of the friendly vs Burkinafaso on
Tuesday evening
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 6:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
John Mikel Obi and Victor Moses will not be part of the Super Eagles Tuesday's friendly
international against Burkina Faso in Kaduna.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Davo93(m): 6:32pm On Sep 09, 2013
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by RayMcBlue(m): 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
honeric01:

I cant waste precious time lecturing you. Only home based players can rep Nigeria in the HBSE, our main team can't rep us at the tourney this set of players go for. Though same coaching crew handles them, but they're not same nor rep us at the same tournament.

If you still don't understand the difference, then ask google or NFA

Geez...

National team is national team regardless of the content.

CHAN is only for the home based, while CAN is for the everyone irrespective of the continent in which they pry their respective trade, but at the end of the day, it's still the same national team, manage by the same staff.

Being the national team, FIFA monitors their performance and rank them accordingly. Been 100% home based is irrelevant, cuz they are still primarily Super Eagles.

Thus, every result they acquired in the course of their performance will be classified as the national team's results along will the the one acquired by the one by the mixed one.

Note that 100% home based national team is CAF invention and not really recognised by FIFA.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Theben(m): 6:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
Bance is not playing the match.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 6:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ray McBlue:
As they are the national team, FIFA monitors their performance and rank them accordingly
Note that 100% home based national team is CAF invention and not really recognised by FIFA.

LOLZ, SO WHAT'S YOUR ARGUMENT? you see yourself? grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by scientology(m): 7:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
dis match is soo ireelevant to me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN 2018 Finals - 4 - 0 (Full-Time) / Ahmed Musa Mobbed By Fans At Mosque In Abuja (Photos) / Is Chidozie Awaziem The Most Handsome Super Eagles Player?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.