Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,147 members, 7,818,446 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 (101385 Views)

CHAN Qualifier: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (2 - 0) On 17th October 2015 / Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - AFCON 2013 Final (1 - 0) - On 10th February 2013 / AFCON: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso (1 - 1) On 21st January 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 09, 2013
ghananotnaija: Why are the Burkinabe wearing the Nigerian uniform? Don't they have any pride in their country?
Did I hear u say uniform?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by folahann(m): 10:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
We could have picked Brazil by being one of the countries they play in their world tour. Brazil would have been a good opponent
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by theanonymous: 10:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
Emmysteve: [/b][b] None of the septmber grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Jarus(m): 10:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
mencade5: i have 3 words to say.

When will nigeria friendly end?
WHen is the time?
I guess it is nigeria tinz.

Lol @ ETT reworked here grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by ifenadi(m): 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
honeric01:

Ok, let me make my points clear, maybe i wasn't clear enough.

In Nigeria, we have the Main National team and we have the home based national team which was set up solely for the purpose of the new tournament established by CAF to help improve African football by allowing African players play eachother within the continent.

Now, this team is limited to only home based players and limited to playing "TOGETHER" within the African continent, no foreign based national team player is allowed to join. (LIMITED).

Now, the main National team consist of the best hands available be it local or foreign without limitation, they represent the country in MAJOR tournaments within and outside the continent (WORLDWIDE). kiss

There is a difference between these 2, 90% of the players in the HBNT are never seen playing for the main national team because they are not GOOD enough to represent the main national team where it matters.

Only one player from the home based national team was included in the MAIN national team that played against Malawi on saturday. grin

YES, THEY ARE BOTH REPRESENTING THE COUNTRY ON A DIFFERENT LEVEL, one for local games and the other for both local and foreign games. wink

Let me correct you, Tomorrow's friendly is an INTERNATIONAL FRIENDLY, not an home based friendly, to be represented by the main national teams of both countries. (NOT LIMITED TO THE HOME BASED PLAYERS). 8)

Lastly, i never said the home base team don't represent the country, but FIFA does not rate the performance of the home based team within CHAN tournament with that of the main national team. (Correct me if i am wrong with reference). embarassed

Thanks guys. cool cool cool

Any match between two countries pre -arranged by the two countries is an international friendly with or without Fifa/CAF consent be it u17, u20, u23, or no age limit. And mind you, I never said that tomorrow match is not an international friendly match.

And there is nothing like main national team and home based national team. We have one national team called super eagle couched by Stephen Keshi. Majority of our super eagle first team players are based abroad no doubt, however we have a single national team, some play outside the continent whereas some play within Africa. According to CAF ONLY PLAYERS THAT PLAY PROFESSIONALLY IN AFRICA are ELLIGIBLE TO PLAY IN CHAN. That does not mean that automatically we have two super eagles. No, we still have one. Just that Stephen Keshi cannot invite players that play professionally outside Africa for any tournament under U CHAN otherwise Nigeria will be disqualified.

If you say we have two super eagles, then which of them do Sunder MBA belong to?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by wandevincent(m): 10:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mpeace :
Big lie. There's nothing like that. Even the NFF knows nothing about this friendly. Secondly, burkina faso dey play south africa that day. So I wonder who fix this match.
u'r wrong, go to livescores.com and confirm
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by qhiwegh(m): 2:08am On Sep 10, 2013
Let's be honest with ourselves, after our losses at Confed Cup, we need to be much better if we want to have a shot in the World Cup next year. So for this reason alone, I want Burkina Faso to show up and play a tough match against the Super Eagles so we can have some things to improve upon. If we just walk over all these African teams, we'll be in for a rude surprise against European and South American teams next year.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 2:48am On Sep 10, 2013
CFCfan:

The WAFU Cup, COSAFA Cup (for Southern and East African nations), and CHAN matches are regarded as friendly matches by FIFA; because as you said, they are not official tourneys recognised by FIFA. With their 'friendly' status, those games will still be used in computing the participants' monthly rankings.

Friendly matches out of FIFA calendar? "recognized" as friendly? mind showing me how you came about it?

do you know more of these tournament go on in the middle of normal league season where sometimes league games are going on around the world?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by honeric01(m): 2:53am On Sep 10, 2013
ifenadi:

Any match between two countries pre -arranged by the two countries is an international friendly with or without Fifa/CAF consent be it u17, u20, u23, or no age limit. And mind you, I never said that tomorrow match is not an international friendly match.

And there is nothing like main national team and home based national team. We have one national team called super eagle couched by Stephen Keshi. Majority of our super eagle first team players are based abroad no doubt, however we have a single national team, some play outside the continent whereas some play within Africa. According to CAF ONLY PLAYERS THAT PLAY PROFESSIONALLY IN AFRICA are ELLIGIBLE TO PLAY IN CHAN. That does not mean that automatically we have two super eagles. No, we still have one. Just that Stephen Keshi cannot invite players that play professionally outside Africa for any tournament under U CHAN otherwise Nigeria will be disqualified.

If you say we have two super eagles, then which of them do Sunder MBA belong to?

Have you ever heard of TEAM B of the super eagles? if you've not, then you need to listen more to the NFA officials speak + Nigerian sport journalists.

Sunday Mba is a national team player used for now for both the home based AND [/b]the foreign based super eagles.

If we have a single super eagles, then you need not explain why some players can play in some tournament and others can't. anything that has an "[b]AND
" equals 2 different things.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 6:59am On Sep 10, 2013
honeric01:

No bro, whatever tourney that is not recognized by FIFA is not rated by FIFA. How did you arrive at the last phrase of your sentence?

The Wafu cup is also played by FIFA member nations, would that count too?
This guy too dey argue
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 7:41am On Sep 10, 2013
The Stallions of Burkina Faso will wear white
jerseys today against Nigeria... They actually
bought the jerseys from a market in Kaduna
because they did not come with their reserve
colours

via Brila Fm
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Nobody: 8:05am On Sep 10, 2013
After reading this post you will
realize that the the brain doesn't
recognize a second "the" in this
sentence.....

Hit like if u didn't see the second 'the' in the post

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Damsman10(m): 9:11am On Sep 10, 2013
Promhize: Enough of African teams. We should face european sides.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Nobody: 9:12am On Sep 10, 2013
What I if told you
That you read the top line
wrong?

Lol

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Damsman10(m): 9:12am On Sep 10, 2013
Promhize: Enough of African teams. We should face european sides.
that's why we are jst champions of africa and nt the world-LOcAL CHaMPioNS.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Damsman10(m): 9:14am On Sep 10, 2013
Paroman: What I if told you
That you read the top line
wrong?

Lol
lol i read what if i told you
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Easy1401(m): 9:18am On Sep 10, 2013
Scoreline: Nigeria 2 - 0 Burkinababe. NFF pls let's play Likes of Italy, England, France, Germany in our next friendly match so that it will help us improve in Fifa ranking.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Emmysteve(m): 9:55am On Sep 10, 2013
The Kaduna state government says the gates of the Ahamadu Bello stadium Kaduna will be
thrown open for free so as to encourage fans to come and support the Super Eagles against
Burkinafaso
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by pjosh05(m): 10:24am On Sep 10, 2013
Am so sure we wil win!
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by kliq(m): 10:25am On Sep 10, 2013
Team list anybody?
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by WildChild00(m): 10:37am On Sep 10, 2013
I hope my man Bounce will be playing tonight, I want to see him in action.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by royale442(m): 10:38am On Sep 10, 2013
folahann: We could have picked Brazil by being one of the countries they play in their world tour. Brazil would have been a good opponent
Good idea but it is not as easy as you think, they would prefer to play against better teams like Netherland, England, Spain, etc. But if they to play any african team in their tour, it will most deifinately be NIGERIA or CIV.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by royale442(m): 10:41am On Sep 10, 2013
honeric01:

Friendly matches out of FIFA calendar? "recognized" as friendly? mind showing me how you came about it?

do you know more of these tournament go on in the middle of normal league season where sometimes league games are going on around the world?
NPFL was also during the confederations cup.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Damsman10(m): 10:46am On Sep 10, 2013
royale442: Good idea but it is not as easy as you think, they would prefer to play against better teams like Netherland, England, Spain, etc. But if they to play any african team in their tour, it will most deifinately be NIGERIA or CIV.

yea i'm sure dey will lyk 2 play wif d lykes of ARG, FRA, ENG, GER who are tactically better teams than africaan teams.
Re: Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso - International Friendly (4 - 1) On 10th Sept 2013 by Davo93(m): 10:53am On Sep 10, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Morocco Vs Nigeria: CHAN 2018 Finals - 4 - 0 (Full-Time) / Ahmed Musa Mobbed By Fans At Mosque In Abuja (Photos) / Is Chidozie Awaziem The Most Handsome Super Eagles Player?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.