Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,595 members, 7,809,156 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 (20516 Views)

APPARITION: The Blessed Mother Of God Appeared In Kaduna Today! / Happy Birthday Blessed Mother Mary / 2012 Warning - Message From The Blessed Mother(CATHOLICS PLS READ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Olufhemy(m): 11:05am On Sep 09, 2013
Merkki: You guys celebrate the Birth of Jesus. Let them celebrate the birth of their SAVIOUR, Mary. Stop hating. And why is there no public holiday to this effect? I blame GEJ. He is bias.

Don't get it all wrong,NOT SAVIOUR,she's our intercessor to her son just like she did @ the wedding in CANA,Galilee!

To those who criticise this action,get your facts right and you would see she indeed interceeds and doesn't just occupy the back bench as painted by new generation churches.
Simply google THE APPARITION OF LOURDES.
When you are through,if indeed you go tru it wit a clean state of mind,you would understand better cos AN INFORMED MIND CEASES TO BE DEFORMED.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Olufhemy(m): 12:01pm On Sep 09, 2013
I read SURETEEBOY say somwhere in his view that "You hail Mary,You hail Satan!".
At this point,I get scared about what churches tell their "followers". It looks to me as though certain parts of the scriptures aren't brought to their knowledge (cos it doesn't pay them) even in the bible.
Angel Gabriel said FIRST "HAIL MARY FULL OF GRACE....."
So what are you saying?
Cf Luke 1:26.
Next,the same bible says: "ALL GENERATIONS WILL CALL HER BLESSED"cf Luke 1:28.
Pls get your facts right.its not all about what they tell you,but what you KNOW.
He who knows he does not know,and does not want to know would neva know,but he who knoiw he does not know,but endeavours to know,is the wise one.

2 Likes

Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Olufhemy(m): 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lenny5000:

Personally I do not think we should joke with things that concerns GOD ALMIGHTY!
Why on earth would you say Mary was Conceived without Sin? The HISTORICAL MARY that lived, is totally different from the one presented here! Read the BIBLE, she went to give Sin offering...Please do not let us Mix the Traditions of Humans with the Truth of God! Mary was an ordinary Jewish lady, that God choose to do a Marvelous thing. (She gave birth to our Lord and Redeemer Jesus Christ) And for that she is called BLESSED AMONG-ST WOMEN! But this doesn't make her Divine, she was still a mortal.. After doing this great act, she lived a normal life with her husband (Joseph) and had other Children. Mary should be seen as GOD intends for her to be seen and not as some men in the pasts wants us to see her. The term "MOTHER OF GOD" is very very wrong as God has no mother... Yes she gave birth to Christ and Yes Christ is the Incarnation of GOD on earth, but the same Christ Created the world and everything in it, making that Term (Mother of God) invalid... This is the reason Christ never for once addressed Mary as Mother! He called her Woman and not Mother! As we go through life, we must never fall in Love with Religion and the Traditions of men, because the traditions of men are not solid truths, it changes with time. Let God's truths in the scriptures be our ONLY guide and not men. Bless

B4 u talk crap,what of "Mother,here your son,Son,here your mother?"
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Wendyphil(f): 12:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ohh! Blessed mother!..I plea u...pray 4 us sinners...I rily need ur Intercession..grant me this in d spirit of ur B~Day..Oh Lord!.have mercy!
Happy Birthday in arrears.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by frprof(m): 12:29pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lenny5000:

Personally I do not think we should joke with things that concerns GOD ALMIGHTY!
Why on earth would you say Mary was Conceived without Sin? The HISTORICAL MARY that lived, is totally different from the one presented here! Read the BIBLE, she went to give Sin offering...Please do not let us Mix the Traditions of Humans with the Truth of God! Mary was an ordinary Jewish lady, that God choose to do a Marvelous thing. (She gave birth to our Lord and Redeemer Jesus Christ) And for that she is called BLESSED AMONG-ST WOMEN! But this doesn't make her Divine, she was still a mortal.. After doing this great act, she lived a normal life with her husband (Joseph) and had other Children. Mary should be seen as GOD intends for her to be seen and not as some men in the pasts wants us to see her. The term "MOTHER OF GOD" is very very wrong as God has no mother... Yes she gave birth to Christ and Yes Christ is the Incarnation of GOD on earth, but the same Christ Created the world and everything in it, making that Term (Mother of God) invalid... This is the reason Christ never for once addressed Mary as Mother! He called her Woman and not Mother! As we go through life, we must never fall in Love with Religion and the Traditions of men, because the traditions of men are not solid truths, it changes with time. Let God's truths in the scriptures be our ONLY guide and not men. Bless
[quote author=Lenny5000]

O BOY, ABEG WHERE U KEEP THE REMAINING WEED WEY U TOOK. NDLEA IS AFTER MAN

1 Like

Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by PearlyJay(f): 12:47pm On Sep 09, 2013
@ Italo please include my intentions in your novena to our Lady of Sorrows. My daughter needs healing. May God continue to bless you as you enlighten His people and may Our Lady of Mount Carmel shield you with Her mantle of love and peace
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by italo: 2:08pm On Sep 09, 2013
PearlyJay: @ Italo please include my intentions in your novena to our Lady of Sorrows. My daughter needs healing. May God continue to bless you as you enlighten His people and may Our Lady of Mount Carmel shield you with Her mantle of love and peace

It is my pleasure to take your daughter (and your other intentions) into the arms of Our Lady...this evening, and for the remaining 6days. May the Lord restore her health through her intercession and that of St Jude.

Thanks for you prayers and God bless you too.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Syncan(m): 2:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
Amen, Amen. So much love expressed by children to their mother.

'After the love which we owe Jesus Christ, we must give the chief place in our heart to the love of His Mother Mary.'
--St. Alphonsus Maria de Liguori

“Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did.”
--Saint Maximilian Kolbe

"Prayer is powerful beyond limits when we turn to the Immaculata who is queen even of God's heart."
--Saint Maximilian Kolbe

Dear brethren, especially Italo, do thou remember the least of thy brothers Syncan, for I do promise to recommend you too in my prayers, as I key into this novena of thine,with a simple MEMORARE. And lest I forget, the mod for this page, shall God do bless as well.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by architectB(m): 5:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
i am still trying to make sense of this immaculate conception thing. how can we say she was immaculately conceived when she was born by a sinful man? i just hope u guys think these things thru before believing them blindly...
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by italo: 5:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
Syncan: Amen, Amen. So much love expressed by children to their mother.

'After the love which we owe Jesus Christ, we must give the chief place in our heart to the love of His Mother Mary.'

“Never be afraid of loving the Blessed Virgin too much. You can never love her more than Jesus did.”
--Saint Maximilian Kolbe

"Prayer is powerful beyond limits when we turn to the Immaculata who is queen even of God's heart."
--Saint Maximilian Kolbe

Dear brethren, especially Italo, do thou remember the least of thy brothers Syncan, for I do promise to recommend you too in my prayers, as I key into this novena of thine,with a simple MEMORARE. And lest I forget, the mod for this page, shall God do bless as well.

@Syncan, be sure that I did mention your name specifically, and will continue to do so, along with a few other nairaland brothers and sisters, before going on to mention my nairaland acquaintances generally (both believers and non-believers). You are special to me. I'm not ashamed to say it.

Ours is not just a pile of doctrines to be taught and argued about on nairaland. It is a LIVING AND ACTIVE FAITH. We must never let our arguments eclipse our prayer life and fraternal communion.

NEVER!

3 Likes

Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 09, 2013
Syncan: Amen, Amen. So much love expressed by children to their mother.

--Saint Maximilian Kolbe

--Saint Maximilian Kolbe

what?! If we are giving the CHIEF place in our heart to the love of mary(ur supposed mother of GOD -GOD who actually created all things including mary-), then what very little space in ur heart would remain for the love of GOD himself! Like seriously, God ur creator?! I give up!

1 Like

Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by italo: 9:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
booqee: what?! If we are giving the CHIEF place in our heart to the love of mary(ur supposed mother of GOD -GOD who actually created all things including mary-), then what very little space in ur heart would remain for the love of GOD himself! Like seriously, God ur creator?! I give up!

He clearly said "after the love we owe Jesus Christ..."

What is this...hatred or envy?
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by italo: 9:58pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dear friends...day 3 done. All of your intentions have been forwarded again.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by SalC: 10:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
italo: Dear friends...day 3 done. All of your intentions have been forwarded again.
Thanks again.

Hope my name was not forgotten.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Lenny5000(m): 10:53pm On Sep 09, 2013
Olufhemy:

B4 u talk crap,what of "Mother,here your son,Son,here your mother?"

I do not indulge people that Insult others when they speak, but I will just this once as this has to do with GOD
Now can you point out where the verse you tried to quote from the Bible is? Because in truth, there is no such verse in the Bible
Here is what is in the Bible

John 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, WOMAN, BEHOLD THY SON!

John 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, [b]BEHOLD THY MOTHER! [/b]and from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home

Like I said, earlier there was no place in the entire Bible where Jesus ever used the word MOTHER to address Mary, even at the marriage party he used the same word WOMAN! Finally you do not know me before to result to Insults and this is supposed to be a Christian topic... Have a Blessed day
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Lenny5000(m): 10:55pm On Sep 09, 2013
Lenny5000:

I do not indulge people that Insult others when they speak, but I will just this once as this has to do with GOD
Now can you point out where the verse you tried to quote from the Bible is? Because in truth, there is no such verse in the Bible

John 19:26 When Jesus therefore saw his mother, and the disciple standing by, whom he loved, he saith unto his mother, WOMAN, BEHOLD THY SON!

John 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, BEHOLD THY MOTHER! and from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home

Like I said, earlier there was no place in the entire Bible where Jesus ever used the word MOTHER to address Mary, even at the marriage party he used the same word WOMAN! Finally you do not know me before to result to Insults and this is supposed to be a Christian topic... Have a Blessed day
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by italo: 3:13am On Sep 10, 2013
Sal C: Thanks again.

Hope my name was not forgotten.

Surely not.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Syncan(m): 7:33am On Sep 10, 2013
booqee: what?! If we are giving the CHIEF place in our heart to the love of mary(ur supposed mother of GOD -GOD who actually created all things including mary-), then what very little space in ur heart would remain for the love of GOD himself! Like seriously, God ur creator?! I give up!

Someone once told me that the bible said "there is no God", and he quoted Psalm 14:1. I went to the passage and it read "The fool says in his heart, there is no God". That's what you have done with the quote in my post. Read from the beginning! You can do better.

1 Like

Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Syncan(m): 7:38am On Sep 10, 2013
Lenny5000:

John 19:27 Then saith he to the disciple, [b]BEHOLD THY MOTHER! [/b]and from that hour that disciple took her unto his own home

Jesus is a teacher, a good one at that. What baffles me most is, that despite all his effort to point you to Gen 3:15, and identify the "WOMAN", you still failed to notice. It baffles me greatly.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Kaycee7(m): 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2013
I have never seen anyone disturbing the Muslim thread during the Eid. Why is it anytime the Blessed Mother is mentioned, Protestants start making noise all over? I have never gone to any of their threads to disturb them.Everyone has a choice. We've made ours, deal with it.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by babestell(f): 5:22pm On Sep 11, 2013

But it is not in doubt that she is His mother na. After all today some children call their parents by name, does it make them not their parents.

We believe Mary is the Mother of God, because the son she had was truly man and truly God. Jesus existed as God before his birth but on that glorious summer night in Bethlehem, a wondrous thing happened and the Prince of Heaven took on the form of mortal man while retaining his divinity, This is a mystery that can only be understood by the grace of God and not human reasoning. It stands to reason then that if Christ was both man and God then indeed that most exalted of wombs that bore him birthed the God-Man was indeed the mother of both the God and Man. to deny this is to deny that Christ is God.

On the immaculate conception. "The defined dogma of the Immaculate Conception regards original sin only, saying that Mary was preserved from any stain (in Latin, macula or labes, the second of these two synonymous words being the one used in the formal definition).[1] The proclaimed Roman Catholic dogma states "that the most Blessed Virgin Mary, in the first instance of her conception, by a singular grace and privilege granted by Almighty God, in view of the merits of Jesus Christ, the Saviour of the human race, was preserved free from all stain of original sin."[1] Therefore, being always free from original sin, the doctrine teaches that from her conception Mary received the sanctifying grace that would normally come with baptism after birth."
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:24pm On Sep 11, 2013
italo, i hope the novena hasn't ended, i know i'm late but will you please add my intentions, ask on my behalf for the grace to focus my inward eye and for new flames of zeal in prayer.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:31pm On Sep 11, 2013
architectB: i am still trying to make sense of this immaculate conception thing. how can we say she was immaculately conceived when she was born by a sinful man? i just hope u guys think these things thru before believing them blindly...
it will be interesting to discuss actually if you knew what original sin consist.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Ubenedictus(m): 9:40pm On Sep 11, 2013
Lenny5000:

before we go futher what do you understand by the offering presented after the birth of Jesus? After clearing that up, i'll address the other issues you raised.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by tunapa2009(m): 10:05pm On Sep 11, 2013
Mary! Mary!
She is just a woman who found grace in the sight of God. God blessed her indeed more than all the women in the world. She was loved so much by Jesus Christ. She was baptised by Holy Ghost. She was a woman of virtue and values. Howbeit, she is NEVER an intercessor for the sins of men. Not biblically, just through the reasoning of some men. She can be celebrated but not to be idolized. Our gospel is not that mary gave birth to jesus but Jesus died for the sins of the world. This is the simple truth which has been standing till today. LET US RECOGNISE THE IMPORTANCE OF HIS BLOOD which has been given freely if we would ASK (self) from HIM. JESUS SAVES!!!!!!!!!! JESUS IS THE HIGH PRIEST!!!
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by italo: 8:05am On Sep 12, 2013
Ubenedictus: italo, i hope the novena hasn't ended, i know i'm late but will you please add my intentions, ask on my behalf for the grace to focus my inward eye and for new flames of zeal in prayer.

Today's day 6 out of 9. I've been praying for your intentions too but will add these specific ones in a special way.

In fact, what you pray for happened to be the main point of yesterday's homily.

The priest preached on the upper room experience. How we had to dedicate ourselves to prayer in total trust and humility for something great like the descent of the Holy Spirit to happen. He also prayed that the Holy Spirit should empower us and fill us with his light. At a point, he did pray that the Holy Spirit should empower our friends and family through our prayer there. At that point I remembered and prayed for my friends and family including nairaland friends. I believe that God was speaking to you.

I just wish someone on nairaland was attending so they can bear witness to these prayer points.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by babestell(f): 8:06am On Sep 12, 2013
Italo, My "spies" have been reporting the proceedings to me. You are very correct
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by italo: 8:35am On Sep 12, 2013
Ah... I thank God for those witnesses *smiles*

I hope you are fine.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by Syncan(m): 8:42am On Sep 12, 2013
Thanks babestell for confirming that. @ Italo, we needed no witnesses. The power of our prayers is there for all to see. Remember we joined the Pope in prayers recently, asking the blessed virgin to intervene, now a way has been found, where there seem to be none.
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by babestell(f): 8:52am On Sep 12, 2013
A way has been found?

My colleagues just enlightened me. Where are all those who siad that we were wasting our time. Mama Mary has shown the devil who is the boss
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by italo: 8:55am On Sep 12, 2013
Syncan: Thanks babestell for confirming that. @ Italo, we needed no witnesses. The power of our prayers is there for all to see. Remember we joined the Pope in prayers recently, asking the blessed virgin to intervene, now a way has been found, where there seem to be none.

Yes. A miracle before our eyes. Could it be that, like in Cana, she said to her son: "they have no diplomatic solution?"
Re: Birthday Of Our Blessed Mother Mary 08/09/2013 by SalC: 11:07am On Sep 12, 2013
babestell: A way has been found?

My colleagues just enlightened me. Where are all those who siad that we were wasting our time. Mama Mary has shown the devil who is the boss
Pls what are you talking about, enlighten me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Repent !!!!!! Jesus Is Coming Soon! / OPM Church Completes 6th Free School Building In Rivers State / TB Joshua Healed My Daughter Of Asthma – Ronke Ojo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.