Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:13 PM

You May Kiss Your Wife - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / You May Kiss Your Wife (588 Views)

Photo: You May Kiss The Bride / Can Your Man Kiss Your Feet? / Where To Kiss And What It Means And Where To Kiss Your Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You May Kiss Your Wife by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 08, 2013
Love entails showing affection. A kiss is also a seal of approval, not just in the bedroom but in the public. Surprisingly, to some men, an open display of affection, especially kissing their spouses, is forbidden. Though some wives detest such public show too, research has it that husbands who kiss their wives start off the day on a positive note and they live five years longer than their less romantic counterparts! So, why don't some men kiss their wives publicly?

'I don't do it'

I do not see anything fundamentally erroneous in kissing your wife in public but we find it difficult to do so in this clime and that includes me. This is due to the gargantuan influence dictated by our social ceramics and cultural infrastructure, which, sociologically, frowns against such an attitudinal predilection.

--Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon, politician

'I do it unashamedly'

I don't understand why some couples are ashamed to engage in a public display of affection. I think the men are those who often shy away from such things. Anyway, it might be due to the fact that they are either reserved or just too shy because people are watching. Whenever I am with my husband, I love to touch him, we kiss and I hold him. Interestingly, because it is something he likes, he not only reciprocates, sometimes he is the first to make a move and then I am the one who has to reciprocate.

-- Mercy Aigbe-Gentry, actress

'I kiss my wife anywhere'

I don't understand why some men can't just kiss their wives in public. Maybe that is how they are. I can kiss my wife in public and I do it anywhere. I am not exactly concerned about who is watching. After all she is my wife.

--Timi Dakolo, musician

'Not our practice'

Anything that has to do with lovemaking is a sacred practice between husband and wife and should be secretly and decently done. Yes, I do the 'normal decent one' but not the lingering type. Kissing women in public is not our culture.

-- Tony Akposheri, actor

'It's shocking to old couples'

Yes, I kiss my wife publicly. Those born in this generation do but the older men don't. African men don't kiss their wives in public and some don't even do it in private. It is not our culture for couples to kiss.   In fact, some old men are always shocked to see young men kiss women in public!  Also, don't forget that even if a man loves a woman enough to want to kiss her, he cannot do so if she has mouth odour.

--Victory Emuejekarowho, actor

'Men have other motives'

I do kiss my wife in public but our culture does not permit such obscenity. Kissing is not part of our culture. The average African man is not romantic and he satisfies himself with just sex.  He is also promiscuous and he cannot single out a particular woman to kiss in public while there are other women he might be admiring.

-- Bayo Bankole, actor

http://mobile.punchng.com/output.php?link=http://www.punchng.com/spice/relationship/you-may-kiss-your-wife/

(1) (Reply)

How Best Can Lies Be Managed In A Relationship? / Another Big Reason Guys Cheat / Facts Why Facebook Relationship Dont Last

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.