Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,101 members, 7,821,802 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:48 PM

Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? (12347 Views)

FGGC, Akure Cooks Pick Pads Of Students For "Ritual Purposes" / 99% Of Students Do Not Follow This Instruction And You Are One Of Them / Crowd Of Students In Night Class At Unizik, Nnewi Campus. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by UjSizzle(f): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
To an extent, i'm fine with it. The university award degrees in both character and learning, it's expected they try to curb the level of nudity and indecency among the youths. However, i'm not comfortable with the extent some schools are taking this...it's just typical of Nigerians to overdo everything undecided.
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
NO!!

A Univeristy is a place of higher learning for Adults.. If you still need supervision in the University, then maybe you shouldnt be in the Univeristy..

1 Like

Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by abu0710102013: 3:19pm On Sep 09, 2013

Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by swhiss: 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
They should jes say students should start putting on uniforms to school, with white socks drawn to the kneels and rubber sandals.

Last time a guy who made sandals from tyres made frontpage....i think this is the time to encourage his great innovative ideas by patronising him grin
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by manny4life(m): 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
No, but I think they should have minimal oversight on certain provocative clothings i.e. if such dressing propagates terror, hate crime or things within that lines. I wouldn't want a student wearing a clothing that says "I support Al-Queada", or "I'm a Boko-Haram sponsor", other than that, students should have the freedom to wear whatever they want.
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by angelz(f): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
No. Let them put on wateva they are com4table in.
If any1 dress provocatively, the stare from people should make her have a rethink. except if she is utterly shameless.
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by sammy329(m): 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
Yes
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by JaaizTech: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
It is quiet unfortunate that mankind thinks of himself as wiser than his creator. Hence He abandons God's laws and crafts one for himself, but the troubles will never go away, He would keep going round in circles and arriving at the same point but his inner desires to disobey God, keeps derailing his judgement. Allah has guided us as regards the dressing of a woman, our failure to take heed has its consequences. We can keep going round in circles in the name of secularism and human right but in the end, God's guidance is supreme.
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by bolayei: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
what minors put on should be regulated not adults....as for me i would rather send my child abroad to study than pay some ridiculous amount of money to send my pikin go one yeye private university for inside one village. University apart from acada involve activities e.g parties, clubs, concerts, fashion show, beauty pageant and even confra e.t.c. University is meant to emulate what happens in the real world. I thank God say none of my 5 children go ever go school for naija.

N.B: if i send my pikin go that school and them expel am i swear them go refund all the money or i shoot the pastor for leg so him go use the money treat himself....
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by bionicdude(m): 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
hell no.we are not kids.u can't tell adults wat to wear even in churches pple still dress freely den u guyz should leave skuls alone
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Hyperchi(m): 3:30pm On Sep 09, 2013
@ps may be dat the only problem ASUU have by 2mr GEJ will impose it .Mad topic angry angry
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by shaddyp(m): 3:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
y shuld d universtiy regulate dress code....even primary dnt do dat. What nonsense...fripery discusions
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Ghydyon(m): 3:33pm On Sep 09, 2013
homesteady: Emm maybe!! Just like in UNIBEN all law students must wear black and white. And all medical and pharmacy students must dress cooperate!
Yes dressing should be regulated
oga its in all school cos dats wat d course required
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by bolayei: 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2013
But wait o reverse seem to be the case o o ...them no want students wey don open eyes abi that suppose make them no wear clothes na abi for the book wey the religious thief wey build university wey common member for him church no fit go dey read, the first man and woman no wear clothes until them open eye.
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Ghydyon(m): 3:36pm On Sep 09, 2013
JaaizTech: It is quiet unfortunate that mankind thinks of himself as wiser than his creator. Hence He abandons God's laws and crafts one for himself, but the troubles will never go away, He would keep going round in circles and arriving at the same point but his inner desires to disobey God, keeps derailing his judgement. Allah has guided us as regards the dressing of a woman, our failure to take heed has its consequences. We can keep going round in circles in the name of secularism and human right but in the end, God's guidance is supreme.
oga u 4get 2 add END TIME TINZ
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by bolayei: 3:39pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mehn need to know you o, i believe a guy with a write up like this must be a good rapper, my man don't waste o,i can hook u up bro. 9ice one though
PortHarcourtBoy: Robbers are collecting
[size=20pt]Students are gadjing[/size]
Househelps are suffering
Fashion is evolving
Oyedepo is opening
Huawei is launching
Adichie is premiering
Asari is threatning
OBJ is shunning
FFK is begging
Bianca is rejecting
Goodluck is working
Haters are beefing
PDP is splitting
Oshiomole is addressing
Nairobi Governor is slapping
Youths are stabbing
Kenya is offering
PDP Governors are relocating
Anambra NLC is fasting
Bornu is demolishing
TV presenters are wearing
Ex-Militants are declaring
Sen. Saraki is whinning
Asari is thinking
Native doctor is admitting
Lai Mohammed is condemning
Ngozi Ezeonu is slimming
Eedris Abdulkareem is insulting
Adventist Church is appealing
Nigerians are migrating
Bode George is supporting
Jos Airport is building
Oyedepo is slapping
FFK is lying
GEJ is commissioning
Rita Dominic is speaking
Principals are dying
Bankers are dressing
Genevieve is travelling
Police is sealing
Cars are melting
Pope is travelling
Crocodiles are biting
Low cost airlines are coming
Suntai is sacking
Ogbahiagbon is speaking
Funke Akindele is launching
[size=20pt]End time is approaching[/size]

last last

Baba God is watching

GEJ till '19
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by myOGAonTOP: 3:45pm On Sep 09, 2013
I better i marry a decent gal on pencil skirt than marry a hoe wearing wedding gown-like skirt with two hem bearers.
Humans are created to use their conscience but these schools want to force kids to a certain mind conditioning. They end up training psychos, fanatics and child molesters who starts shaking once they come in contact with any female in the outside world.
Believe me immorality gains a far higher dimension of appeal in all these private schools because the risks the laws have bestowed on it makes it something worthwhile.

1 Like

Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Sep 09, 2013
Outrageous shocked
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Sep 09, 2013

None of the points mentioned exist in my school. Students can wear trousers, kiss the opposite sex, apply makeup, whatever. Only alcohol is not sold in the premises, but you can get it in stores outside the gates.
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Sep 09, 2013
[size=18pt]NO[/size] they are college students not high school students. At least not until they start coming to school completely n.aked
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by homesteady(m): 4:00pm On Sep 09, 2013
SimonAndal:
None of the points mentioned exist in my school. Students can wear trousers, kiss the opposite sex, apply makeup, whatever. Only alcohol is not sold in the premises, but you can get it in stores outside the gates.

Does your school also encourage your lifestyle? (Gay)

1 Like

Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by zika1(f): 4:02pm On Sep 09, 2013
University students not being able 2 wear wat dey want is really crazy.I don't support indecency off any sort bt I feel dem giving a dress code is totally wrong.its allowed 4 d university 2 say dress decently and any student who after den doesn't knw d meaning of decency cn den be dealt wit. Convenant's own has passed my power oo. No phone? Pls who does dat? Dier's is crazy dey shld jst say its a convent rather than a university.
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by manny4life(m): 4:05pm On Sep 09, 2013
homesteady:

Wetin bring gay enter this mata now? undecided
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by possibilita(m): 4:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
its not compulsory that Everybody must dress like law students(Black and white suits everyday)but the dressing of Gals should be regulated and they should stop wearing skins and call it trouser,but as for me i would not like to be told what to wear afterall all higher institution students are adults.
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
Nigeria don finished! grin smiley
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by eluquenson(m): 4:13pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ghydyon: oga u 4get 2 add END TIME TINZ

Bench warmers, are u sure of what is ending? Cos dis one wey wona no sabi pass dis staement dey somehow o, abi na wetin dey end nah shooo!
grin
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by eluquenson(m): 4:19pm On Sep 09, 2013
possibilita: its not compulsory that Everybody must dress like law students(Black and white suits everyday)but the dressing of Gals should be regulated and they should stop wearing skins and call it trouser,but as for me i would not like to be told what to wear afterall all higher institution students are adults.

I agree with you partially cos opinions differ.
Environment influence the lifestyle of many students, there are many teenagers in higher institution, there is too much freedom of everything in schools that's why we see so many gals doing aristo babes like our babes in Mau....so called lag....lips sealed , so many dark gangs grin
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
homesteady:

_

It's more of a DADT affair.
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by eluquenson(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
Ola def2: Nigeria don finished! grin smiley

No, Nigeria just start....sleeping mode tongue
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by Mickeywilliams(m): 4:28pm On Sep 09, 2013
larmu: If i write END TIME TINZ now,they will ban me so i will not say END TIME TINZ....
Back to d question,ehh i really dont care cos am not a part of d skull,everybody has their own principle with which they live by
besides,if pple want to spoil,dey will spoil xcept u have correct spirrikoko to change dem.
U DAY USE STYLE DAY TOK AM abi..E.T.T
Re: Should Universities Regulate The Dressing Of Students? by eluquenson(m): 4:31pm On Sep 09, 2013
Mickey williams: U DAY USE STYLE DAY TOK AM abi..E.T.T

You self they use style they abbreviate am..
God is watching you guys... grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bingham University, Nasarawa Bans Students From Using Smart Phones On Campus / Not So SHOCKING: Benue Public Primary Schools Shut For 8 Months / My Change Or My Balance.which One Is Correct?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.