Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road (19786 Views)

Truck Falls On Okada At Oshodi-Apapa Expressway (Photos) / Okada-Man, Student Crushed By Trailer In Benue (Graphic Photos) / Okada Rider's Head Bursts Open As He Collides With Containers In Lagos (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by precosmos1: 9:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
Please be warned about robbers in disguise of mechanics along okada/ehkiadolor road.

I was a victim today, thanks be to God almighty.They operate thus: a guy on a bike will be driving one way towards okada and will be waving at you that your front tyre is shaking, if u ignore him,another person will stand like 1 kilometer ahead and will still do the same sign to you. Like five of them did this to me after one kilometer apart.

I was now force to stop close to a police checking point close to ehkiadolor, beside a vulcanizer stand, immediately the guy came to me that my front tyre is waving,and asked if I had jack,unknowing to me when I was bringing out my jack from my boot,he poured a black oil into the tyre and immediately he came to me that I should come and see the oil coming out of the tyre,though I didn't know about this trick,thank God for my mechanic that I called,he was the who opened up all these tricks to me,he said that has been their way along that axis,that they were formally operating at ore,but the community at ore had to wage war against them,so they have now migrated to okada/ehkiadolor axis.

Guys you need to see the way they were calling supposed parts sellers to come with different parts,amounting to #36,000. Thank God I first of all called my mechanic,he told me that I should just tell them to couple it back that I want to manage it to benin to park pending when I will have money.

After telling them this,they will insist that the tyre will pull on the way and it will cost me a furtune to toll the car to my destination,I just used wisdom to beg one of them to help me couple it back,and I gave him #1000. That was how I drove out of there midst,on getting to custom check point at ehkiadolor,custom guys stopped me for my custom papers,so I just chipped my ordeal to them,immediately they screamed that hope I didn't fall to their scam.

Please read and alert your love ones to stay away from this highway rubbers. MOD please take this to front page.

15 Likes

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Nobody: 9:48pm On Sep 08, 2013
Good write-up. You'd have thought these con artists had exhausted all their tricks, but apparently not.
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by ziccoit: 4:43am On Sep 09, 2013
Thank God they didn't wreck an expensive damage on your car while you were calling your mechanics. I wish that we had robust security operatives these people should be cooling off in jail by now instead of constituting a menace to the society.
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by earthrealm(m): 9:19am On Sep 09, 2013
wow though as much........same thing nearly happened to my wife n i..between agbor and benin..........almost within a 19km distance...various people were waving that our tire is dancing {usually the tire near the bush - front passenger].....against my better judgement..i heeded to my wifes request that we shud stop ...we stopped after the 5th person waved us.....i came out to inspect...didnt hear/see anything.......but the person that waved us..got to the tire side b4 me..and when i got there i noticed a thick dark liquid oozing from the rotor/brake side................from my knowledge of cars...i knew a thick black fluid has no bizness coming from my front tire...as only grease [from the axle] is supzed to be there...or maybe brake fluid...........so i suspected foul play immediately and zoomed off..........he was directing me to 1 filling station that we just passed...that i shud manage to take the car there...that a mechanic will fix it............

thank God for my quick wits and car knowledge...we wud hv fallen prey to those people...who knows they could even add kidnapping to armed robbery

2 Likes

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by crystalballs: 3:04pm On Sep 09, 2013
thanks
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by 1bunne4lif(m): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
Tell me more
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Drsheddy(m): 3:06pm On Sep 09, 2013
OK.
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by valmunich(m): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
So how that one take affect ASUU strike?!?
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by bettydee(f): 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
wow! tnx a lot for the info. got 2b more careful.

1 Like

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dem be crazy robbers for dat edo state. Can't wait to end my service.
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by planetuzor(m): 3:10pm On Sep 09, 2013
See brain just to extort people? GHM(God hav mercy)
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 09, 2013
9ja anything can happen..
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by DEGREE2466(m): 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
In this our Benin again?

God help us.

1 Like

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by biggiyke(m): 3:12pm On Sep 09, 2013
I bought my first car in March 2011, a 2007 Accord. In December 2011, i drove home (Aba) for the first time from Lagos. Just after Benin bye-pass, an old man waved at me, signalling a problem with one of my right side wheels. I ignored him, but a few metres later, another man waved me in the same frantic motion. As a first time driver on that road, I had no inkling what was in store for me. I pulled over at an abandoned filling-station, walked around checking my tires only to find the right front tire oozing white smoke. It was also very hot. I panicked.

Some children selling some stuff beside directed me to a "mechanic" some metres back. He checked & proclaimed that the shaft bearing on that wheel had disintegrated resulting in grease leaking onto the disc. He said I should better hurry otherwise the car will sleep over there or be towed back to Benin or Agbor. See gobe!! This car must get to Aba today o. People are waiting to see God's blessing in my life wink. I have to get to Aba in daylight so all my neighbours will see me arrive in style. I pleaded with him to help me in any possible way he could. He made some calls to a "spare parts dealer" in Benin who said it was 40k for both front bearings. I pleaded & pleaded for a reduction in price. Besides, it was almost 3pm. I never reach Asaba sef.

After much persuasion which included pleading with the "seller" to have mercy on a fellow Ibo brother, we settled for 36k. In less than 10 minutes, the parts arrived. I had never seen a shaft bearing before so they could have shown me a bicycle bearing for all I cared. The "mechanic" & his boy fiddled around the wheels for a few minutes & I was declared good to go. Meanwhile, I knew I didnt have up to 36k on me but I just let them fix it before I told them I had only 30k on me. I promised to send the balance as soon as I get to Aba. After some fake resistance, he agreed and we exchanged numbers. He asked me to send the balance in recharge cards.

Unfortunately, I arrived Aba quite late so I couldnt show off my ride till the next morning grin. I even called the punk when i arrived thanking him & pouring blessings on him for helping & trusting a stranger. The guy just said, "Abeg no forget to send my balance". The following day I sent 6k in recharge cards across to him as promised.

On my way back to Lagos some days later, I even stopped to greet him. The bubble burst in Lagos when I narrated my ordeal to my mechanic. He said there was no way a shaft bearing could be replaced without completely removing the entire wheel assembly. I felt so stupid. He said at some point during my journey, a lubricant (grease or condemned oil) was poured onto my right front wheel. I figure this must have happened when I stopped over to eat at Benin. With high speed braking, the lubricant started smoking which is what I saw initially.

Well, I have learnt my lessons & as an experienced driver on that route, they cant try such shit on me again. I still see them make such frantic pull-over gestures every time I drive past. i simply give them the finger. Once bitten, twice shy.

18 Likes

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by AyBelly: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
What evil poverty will not cause, I haven't seen yet. *SMH*
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by homesteady(m): 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
I don't think I'll ever follow that road!
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 09, 2013
valmunich: So how that one take affect ASUU strike?!?
congrats man! U just won the dumbest poster ever!

18 Likes

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Nobody: 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
you call this robbery??

just some jobless lazy guys trying to survive

robbers will pull the trick, make u stop and pull a gun on your head!!

4 Likes

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Okijajuju1(m): 3:16pm On Sep 09, 2013
On my drive to Lagos, I actually experienced this first hand..

When I stopped after Head Bridge in Onitsha to take a piss, I picked a hitch hiking Policeman that needed a ride to Benin... As I was driving along, the first guy waves at my tyres and kept waving even after I had driven past. I simply took my hands of my steering and was waiting to see if my car would drift to one side and it didnt. Then a second person did the same thing. SO I said what exactly are these people pointing at and the Policeman said ignore them, they are all thieves.

Please people should be careful o!

#Singing Tony Oneweeks' - Onwa December oru be' go.. My people biko be careful...

End time things.. SORRY! END OF YEAR Things..

6 Likes

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by lukaino(m): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
This same thing happened to a friend along Abuja- Lokoja expressway. thank God the guy was sharp to know that they were jokers. i met them around ofosu last year and i just shouted at the guy; this was after it happened to my friend. Let us shine our eyes shocked

2 Likes

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Bryancrox(m): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Dis info is very vital,i tink i need 2 print out hand bills about dis info...@op i owe yhu 3bottles

1 Like

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by kingarizona(m): 3:18pm On Sep 09, 2013
Gentlemen on the highway
Another place is " Benin bypass" I have experience an armed robbery attack there...
But. OLUWA pass them, them no catch us, and them no go see us
Maka........ CHUKWUNEDUM smiley
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by mebad(m): 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2013
biggiyke: I bought my first car in March 2011, a 2007 Accord. In December 2011, i drove home (Aba) for the first time from Lagos. Just after Benin bye-pass, an old man waved at me, signalling a problem with one of my right side wheels. I ignored him, but a few metres later, another man waved me in the same frantic motion. As a first time driver on that road, I had no inkling what was in store for me. I pulled over at an abandoned filling-station, walked around checking my tires only to find the right front tire oozing white smoke. It was also very hot. I panicked.

Some children selling some stuff beside directed me to a "mechanic" some metres back. He checked & proclaimed that the shaft bearing on that wheel had disintegrated resulting in grease leaking onto the disc. He said I should better hurry otherwise the car will sleep over there or be towed back to Benin or Agbor. See gobe!! This car must get to Aba today o. People are waiting to see God's blessing in my life wink. I have to get to Aba in daylight so all my neighbours will see me arrive in style. I pleaded with him to help me in any possible way he could. He made some calls to a "spare parts dealer" in Benin who said it was 40k for both front bearings. I pleaded & pleaded for a reduction in price. Besides, it was almost 3pm. I never reach Asaba sef.

After much persuasion which included pleading with the "seller" to have mercy on a fellow Ibo brother, we settled for 36k. In less than 10 minutes, the parts arrived. The "mechanic" & his boy fiddled around the wheels for a few minutes & I was declared good to go. Meanwhile, I knew I didnt have up to 36k on me but I just let them fix it before I told them I had only 30k on me. I promised to send the balance as soon as I get to Aba. After some fake resistance, he agreed and we exchanged numbers. He asked me to send the balance in recharge cards.

Unfortunately, I arrived Aba quite late so I couldnt show off my ride till the next morning grin. I even called the punk when i arrived thanking him & pouring blessings on him for helping & trusting a stranger. The guy just said, "Abeg no forget to send my balance". The following day I sent 6k in recharge cards across to him as promised.

On my way back to Lagos some days later, I even stopped to greet him. The bubble burst in Lagos when I narrated my ordeal to my mechanic. He said there was no way a shaft bearing could be replaced without completely removing the entire wheel assembly. I felt so stupid. He said at some point during my journey, a lubricant (grease or condemned oil) was poured onto my right front wheel. I figure this must have happened when I stopped over to eat at Benin. With high speed braking, the lubricant started smoking which is what I saw initially.

Well, I have learnt my lessons & as an experienced driver on that route, they cant try such shit on me again. I still see them make such frantic pull-over gestures every time I drive past. i simply give them the finger. Once bitten, twice shy.

Couldn't help but clinch my teeth after reading about your experience... sorry
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Ghydyon(m): 3:22pm On Sep 09, 2013
Is GEJ to be blame for this?
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by slimfredo(m): 3:23pm On Sep 09, 2013
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by VALIDATOR: 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
@Mebad
I am particularly impressed that you kept your promise of sending the 6k balance. It shows that there is still be hope for this country. In most cases it is usually two dupes trying to dupe each other. In your case you were the good guy. They were the bad guys.

12 Likes

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Nobody: 3:24pm On Sep 09, 2013
Nigeria!
Ha.
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Lilaex: 3:25pm On Sep 09, 2013
Man must wack..
Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Lordave: 3:26pm On Sep 09, 2013
They are 419ers not robbers

1 Like

Re: New Tactics Of Robbers At Okada/ehkiadolor Road by Leopantro: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2013
this trick is as old as I can remember. they usually start it towards the end of the year, especially on that part of the road. also avoid driving over tyres, nylon bags or oranges along that road.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Is Faster Between Power Bikes And Sport Cars / Death Of The Z-600 Made-In-Nigeria Car / When Do You Use Your Car Hazard Light?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.