Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,958 members, 7,821,374 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? (37976 Views)

The Divine Way Men And Women Are Created By God And Its Pitfalls / False Prophet: Uebert Angel / Islam Created By The Roman Catholic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Acidosis(m): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
Angel Michael!
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by tender92(m): 1:27pm On Sep 29, 2013
It's funny when humans talk of Heavenly supremacy as if they have been there..grin

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by miteolu(m): 1:28pm On Sep 29, 2013
God will tell us at d last day when we get to heaven.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by naijaobi(m): 1:30pm On Sep 29, 2013
MEILYN: Jesus Christ.
dnt eva in ur life refer to Jesus as an angel again... Angels are workers in heaven.. Hw can u refer to a prince as a servant..

3 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Angel Zigzag?
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Shadydamsel(f): 1:35pm On Sep 29, 2013
Y would u ask such a question when Am here
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Tekzyflex(m): 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
exPLIcit7: we all know angel selena doesn't exist

Which of the Angels have you seen before?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
Pls what are the aims of the so-called xtains on NL ?
because some threads that make home/front page makes me ""

and some1 is saying jesus is an angel!

Tufiakwa!
blasphemy at its height!
truly end time tinz

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by theripper3: 1:37pm On Sep 29, 2013
This is actually a very naïve topic created by a babe in Christ. Such things shouldn't enthuse or be of concern to u. By the way, there are only 2 angels mentioned in the bible with clearly defined roles.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Christmasdon(m): 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ray McBlue: In the beginning Man created god.
. That was philosophy for you. I was taught in school.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Jayboi(m): 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
Angel Michael is d most powerful. He is calld the Defender.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by dharmieeep: 1:39pm On Sep 29, 2013
why will someone will be concerned about the most powerful angel created by God. When the least of believers is greater than the most powerful angel.Read Hebrews chapter 1 and 2.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 29, 2013
Arch anqel micheal
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Sep 29, 2013
Angels: are the lowest order of the angels, and the most recognized. They are the ones most concerned with the affairs of living things. Within the category of the angels, there are many different kinds, with different functions. The angels are sent as messengers to mankind.

Archangels: In most Christian traditions Gabriel is also considered an archangel, but there is no direct literal support for this assumption. It is also worth noting that the term 'archangel' appears only in the singular, never plural, and only in specific reference to Michael. Some Christian faiths take this to mean that Michael is, in fact, the only archangel; while some believe they are four: MICHAEL, GABRIEL, URIEL & RAPHAEL . . .

Principalities: are shown wearing a crown and carrying a sceptre. Their duty also is said to be to carry out the orders given to them by the Dominions and bequeath blessings to the material world.

The "Virtues" or "Strongholds": lay beyond the ophanim (Thrones/Wheels). Their primary duty is to supervise the movements of the heavenly bodies in order to ensure that the cosmos remains in order.

The Dominions, also known as the Hashmallim : regulate the duties of lower angels. It is only with extreme rarity that the angelic lords make themselves physically known to humans. They are also the angels who preside over nations.
The Dominions are believed to look like divinely beautiful humans with a pair of feathered wings, much like the common representation of angels, but they may be distinguished from other groups by wielding orbs of light fastened to the heads of their scepters or on the pommel of their swords.

The Ophanims: They are living symbols of God's justice and authority, and have as one of their symbols the throne. These high celestial beings appear to be mentioned again in Revelation 11:16.

The Cherubims: have four faces: one of each a man, an ox, a lion, and an eagle. They have four conjoined wings covered with eyes, a lion's body figure, and they have ox's feet. Cherubim guard the way to the tree of life in the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:24)[3] and the throne of God (Ezekiel 28:14-16).[4]

The Seraphims: are the highest angelic class and serve as the caretakers of God's throne and continuously shout praises: "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; the whole earth is full of his glory!" According to Isaiah 6:2, the Seraphim have six wings: "with two he covered his face, and with two he covered his feet, and with two he flew".

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_angelic_hierarchy

4 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 29, 2013
Obadiah777, with these sort of topics you are nominating to the fp, what are you really trying to achieve? Christianity is a lifestyle and not a religion. I dont believe in you symbolism crap. I believe what i believe and it works for me.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by richs(m): 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2013
the one God send una for earth(holiness)
una never see road na to de talk of the one way pass your "pay check" una sabi,of what relevance is this topic to your life abi you wan give them employment!hiden knowledge are better left alone learn from eve

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Ziggyzito(m): 1:47pm On Sep 29, 2013
where has it been stated that jesus christ was or is an angel?
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Ziggyzito(m): 1:48pm On Sep 29, 2013
Ray McBlue: In the beginning Man created god.
you get mind sha! angry
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by makaveli16(m): 1:53pm On Sep 29, 2013
striktlymi: Hi explicit,

Well personally I don't see any Angel as 'most powerful'. The reason basically is that every power possessed by any Angel at any point in time is derived directly from God, and the powers are largely dependent on what God wants an Angel to do at any point in time.

If God asks an Angel to come to Earth to deliver a message specific to an individual, then that Angel becomes the most powerful as far as that duty is concerned because he goes with God's blessings.

Let me illustrate further with a little of what we know already...In the military an ordinary recruit can be given enough powers to arrest a General if the General is found wanting.

Ordinarily the general is higher in rank and possess more powers than any bloody recruit but in some circumstances the powers of the General can be withdrawn and a higher power given to anyone asked to arrest the fellow.

This was the case between Michael the Arch Angel and 'Lucifer'. Lucifer faulted and Michael was asked to boot him out of 'Heaven'. Michael could perform this function because God gave him the order to do so. If God had not given the go ahead, he wouldn't have been able to.

Hence, the powers of any Angel is derived basically from God and any Angel can emerge as the most powerful at one time and the next another takes charge, based on what God wants.

So how come the angel that was coming to deliver a message unto Daniel (Dan 10) was withstood for 21 days by the Princes of Persia? He was there until arch Angel Micheal came to rescue him. That clearly showed Micheal would have been more powerful.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by k2039: 1:54pm On Sep 29, 2013
SELENAqueensy: Me

*Kails*:
Kailius cool

okelarine: My mum. Sumbdy shout halelua

bloglover: I believe am d most powerful angel God created on earth afterall u are what u think you are. You have d power within u, all u need do is believe and have faith that whatever u want will be urs( now thats power!)
When infact God created gods and gods are more powerful than angels because angels are messengers to gods.

Read
Psalm 82:6
John 10:34-35.

1Corinthians 6:3
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by fankasibe: 2:00pm On Sep 29, 2013
I think it's Angel Boko-Haram, he brings death and terror.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Mexyz(m): 2:01pm On Sep 29, 2013
Lucifer was nd stil the MOST POWERFUL ANGEL created by God. U guys need to read the book of ecclesiates to really knw how powerful lucifer is. He was so dynamic nd powerful dat he alone covers d sun wit his body wen its night time.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Nobody: 2:02pm On Sep 29, 2013
Jesus Christ

2 Likes

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by Jerryjat(m): 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
MEILYN: these are ur own opinion bro. God gives the Angels powers Yes, but one thing you should know is that in heaven they are hierachys, every Angel with his own responsiblity.... The chief of the Angels is Michael, so therefore Michael's power is greater than that of the other Angels..... All the Angels do not have the same powers, take note..

wait... Do u mean to tell me dere's discrimination in heaven?...

See let just leave d supernatural 4 d supernatural... B4 we get our hands dirty....
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by fankasibe: 2:03pm On Sep 29, 2013
naijaobi:
dnt eva in ur life refer to Jesus as an angel again... Angels are workers in heaven.. Hw can u refer to a prince as a servant..
see who dey vex, who be son, who be daughter, who be servant, who be mother, besides what are you?
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by dhtml(m): 2:06pm On Sep 29, 2013
Jude 1:9 shows that satan is more powerful than michael. So it is SATAN!
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by k2039: 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2013
obadiah777: Jesus Christ

Do you mean thesame Jesus in Hebrews 1?
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by matzoro(m): 2:13pm On Sep 29, 2013
striktlymi: Hi explicit,

Well personally I don't see any Angel as 'most powerful'. The reason basically is that every power possessed by any Angel at any point in time is derived directly from God, and the powers are largely dependent on what God wants an Angel to do at any point in time.

If God asks an Angel to come to Earth to deliver a message specific to an individual, then that Angel becomes the most powerful as far as that duty is concerned because he goes with God's blessings.

Let me illustrate further with a little of what we know already...In the military an ordinary recruit can be given enough powers to arrest a General if the General is found wanting.

Ordinarily the general is higher in rank and possess more powers than any bloody recruit but in some circumstances the powers of the General can be withdrawn and a higher power given to anyone asked to arrest the fellow.

This was the case between Michael the Arch Angel and 'Lucifer'. Lucifer faulted and Michael was asked to boot him out of 'Heaven'. Michael could perform this function because God gave him the order to do so. If God had not given the go ahead, he wouldn't have been able to.

Hence, the powers of any Angel is derived basically from God and any Angel can emerge as the most powerful at one time and the next another takes charge, based on what God wants.

so u mean dat God authorised lucifers rebellion and actions??
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by yuncka: 2:18pm On Sep 29, 2013
Well I dnt knw... But in my own opinion we are meant 2 b greater dan dem, but we hav fallen so low dat we acknowledge and worship dem.
Tnk God am stil d greatest son of his made after Jesus.
Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by ceejay80s(m): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
exPLIcit7: don't say that...when I say powerful I don't mean who is winning more souls and who isn't...in the area of might,satan is not the most powerful angel...there are other angels more powerful than he...in the battle in heaven,MICHAEL the archangel defeated him in a single combat...satan isn't the most powerful angel he is winning more souls because of his crafty nature...Angels are not weak as most people think they are...ARCHANGEL MICHAEL is more powerful than he...time will come when the most powerful host in heaven will be released by GOD...as we all know this is the time of Grace...
since wey u know all of thìs, why u open dis thread to ask? Wastîng nàiralands page

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Most Powerful Angel Created By God? by achu442(m): 2:19pm On Sep 29, 2013
Jesus is not an angel.Jesus is God Himself...The angel lucifer WAS the most beautiful,powerful and envied among his peers..But now Angel Michael is the Arc--Head of the cherubims and seraphims(those that stand in the presence of God)..and a personal messenger to God...i think the angel Michael IS now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"God Will Give My Husband Grace To Know What To Do" - Pastor Omodele Fatoyinbo / Mike Murdock Visits Lagos Church (Photos) / Pastor Fatoyinbo: Igbos Find It Difficult Donating Money To Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.